Mint Telecom

Mint Telecom Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

NBN, ADSL

50 questions from our users

Deeslee

Deesleeasked

Hello,
I am dissatisfied with the speed provided by my current ISP. I am located in Metropolitan Melbourne and want internet only. What speed can you offer and at what price for internet only?
Desley

Hi Desley,
As you've already sent us an email which I've responded to with all your answers, I'll be brief here.
Speed on ADSL is determined by lots of factors, the primary one being how far you are from the exchange. With that information we can start to get a guage for what sport of speed we'd hope to deliver for you, but as its ADSL and involves copper there are no guarantees on speeds.
Our Nude Bundle is the plan you would be after, if does require a working phone (as we use the Telstra network and its required) but is designed for people like yourself. The monthly plan fee is $69.95 for the line rental and unlimited ADSL.

Lachlan B

Lachlan Basked

Mint Telecom

Does Mint Telecom deal directly with NBNCo as an RSP or do you have an aggregated NBN service over another provider? Also, who is your backhaul provider and what is your stance on NBN Fixed Wireless tower congestion?

Hi Lachlan,
We utilise the Vocus network as, in our opinion, it's the best in the country.
In terms of back haul, it's varied. Vocus is on net to approx 118 of the 121 POIs since acquiring Nextgen and they also have a deal with Telstra for all 121 POIs.
Re Fixed Wireless tower congestion, that is 100% a NBN Co issue. It's relatively uncommon, but I am aware of a couple of towers and we (like everyone) are waiting for NBN Co to upgrade.

Tina

Tinaasked

Mint Telecom

I've noticed on your web only one package for Internet and phone. $69.95. Is there other options available.?
I currently don't have an active phone line. What options are available to me for Internet?
My area does have NBN but my house doesn't appear to be on the NBN system as I have already contacted the NBN hotline.
I've got to find a Internet provider before it can be sorted out.
Other providers say I can't get Internet service for between 2 days -2 weeks. I need it adapt.

Hi Tina,
Regarding our ADSL bundles, there is our Nude Bundle which is for Metro areas only and is priced at $69.95. If you require a call inclusion plan or are in a regional area then you pick one of our call plans (Starter/Middle/Ultimate) and then add ADSL. So the Starter bundle would be $89.95.
We use the Telstra network so do require a working phone line, however we can organise that all for you (just note fees do apply to connect phone lines - we would confirm these for you though).
Re NBN, we can certainly log a service request with NBN Co for you to get your address updated and added to their system. The timing for this really depends on NBN Co, but we can at least make it easy for you to contact us and get updates.
Send us an email to care@minttelecom.net.au and we can answer any further questions.

JodieY

JodieYasked

Mint Telecom

i've just connected and my outlook mail won't send. do i need to setup an outgoing mail server?

Hi Jodie,
I sent you an email about your problem. We don't provide a mail server so the problem may be with whomever hosts your mail.
If you reply to my email I can see if I can help identify the problem (if you can't see my email, check your junk or mail folder).

Katt

Kattasked

Mint Telecom

Hello Mint. I am lucky to live on top of Springbrook Mountain on Gold Coast Qld. I am not lucky to be connected to Telstra, except that the reception is not bad there. My work is 30km away in at Mudgeeraaba in same postcode. Can I get Mint connection? Can I have 2 site ADSL connections - for my shop and home. I was hacked in Oct 2016 and have TIOs with Vodafone, Telstra and soon Optus. Need straightforward billing and pricing as well as good connections and like your approach. AI nearly cried just reading your reviews and interactions. I want some of that.

Hi Kate,
We'd love to help. As long as you can access the Telstra or NBN networks we can provide a service.
Shoot us an email to care@minttelecom.net.au with the address details and the phone numbers connected at each site and we can take the conversation from there to see what it would look like with us.
We can't promise to fix network problems, but we will work with you to fix them as best as possible and worst case we're hopefully a lot easier to deal with.

Bigfella195

Bigfella195asked

Mint Telecom

Hi Mint, do you provide a service in Perth, I am so fed up with dealing with overseas call centres that have no idea. Also, if I do have a problem with my line, that needs further investigation, what is your process for dealing with this and who are your technical contract with in Perth (if you provide a service to Perth that is)?

Hi Bigfella195,
Yes, we provide services in Perth. We provide services where ever customers can access the Telstra network or NBN network.
If you have a problem with your line we will log it to the network provider - in your case Telstra. We have direct access to log the fault into their system and will manage it for you.

Glyn

Glynasked

Mint Telecom

Hi, Can you confirm whether mint block port 25 traffic to external SMTP servers such as bigpond? I need to transfer away form iPrimus as they do block this port and my new job involves me sending email via many accounts in outlook that use different SMTP relay servers.

Hi Glyn,
We don't block any ports. To be honest, I'm pretty sure iPrimus also don't block and it may simply be a fault that you have.

Xia

Xiaasked

Mint Telecom

Can you contact me l need internet at my new home?

Michael S.Mint Telecom

Hi Xia, Send us an email to care@minttelecom.net.au with your phone number and we can give you a call to discuss.

Gac

Gacasked

Mint Telecom

Hi. I dont have a phone port at our house but interested in dodo phone and internet.
Is there a need for me to have a phone port installed first before signing up with dodo?
If dodo will do the phone port installation, how much would that be?
My area has dodo ADSL coverage.

Michael S.Mint Telecom

Hi gac, I think you've posted the question to the wrong telco.
As a guide, yes, you do need a phone socket and line installed to run adsl. Dodo should be able to organise that for you (we certainly would), as to what dodo charge for that you'll need to check with them.

Fred will do

Fred will doasked

Mint Telecom

I live in the Meridan Plains region in Queensland.
Quote the best the best Home Internet/phone bundle or Internet plans for ADSL+2 with specific details, including costs.
If/when NBN becomes available in the Meridan/Caloundra, Queensland area will this be on offer to your clientele and if it is, what will the cost factor be?
Does your Internet/Phone package in include its own email facility? I do not wish to use Website email.

Does the user have the option of selecting own Password etc?
How is the Internet and Email facility set-up, i.e. with installation disc or your set-up connection?
What method or process is used to set-up phone connection?
Where is your technical support base located –in Australia or overseas?
Is a Modem/Router provided by you and if so, at what cost. Is using your modem is obligatory or, preferred Modem.

Please supply details of terms and conditions.
My operating system comprises Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Donald Miller --donyve03@gmail.com

Michael S.Mint Telecom

Hi Fred will do, very happy to answer all your questions on here, however as you emailed us directly and advised you didn't mean to post these here (thinking it was directly to us), I'll not provide the same updates/answers. Cheers Michael

Get an answer from our members and Mint Telecom representatives