Passable product, terrible customer service
The product is whats advertised, good speeds and relatively stable connection. The problems lie in their customer service.
Due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn’t aware my direct debit had bounced. I received one text message before they suspended my service 2 days later.
Realising my mistake I contacted them to arrange payment. I asked if it was normal practice to suspend service after 3 days and wasn’t given any real answer. I explained my situation and apologised for my error and was told service had been resumed and that was the end of...the issue. Until the next bill where I have been charged a late AND dishonour fee adding roughly 50% to my bill. Which wasn’t mentioned once in my conversation with there billing team. In the current global climate this atrocious practice. Unfortunately they lock you in for 6 months when you move over to them. So I’m stuck with them another 3 before I can finally leave without paying more fees. Hope this helps someone as I only found positive feedback on most product review sites.
- Value for Money
Signed up with Mint Telecom because the salesman told me it was $99 plus delivery to set it all up which included the modem and running a new phone line from the box outside to the inside of the house, then I was told it would cost an extra $350 to run the phone line. I cancelled the service because if they can't even get it right from the beginning what will it be like when I'm signed into a contract.
Questions & Answers
How do I sign up
Give us a call on 1300 58 64 68 during business hours. We have no wait times, so just call when you are free.
which router would be supplied by Mint for HFC connection in Melbourne?
We don't supply modems or routers.
We would typically offer to sell a preconfigured Netcomm Wireless unit but due to covid impacts they currently have no stock in Australia....
I have a Netcomm in Sydney, I think it's best to ask Mint directly for the model they supply in Melbourne.
Can you run tests to make sure our connection has the capacity to be compatible with 250/25?
You have to have a fibre to the premise service or a HFC service (which is then limited to certain areas) to be able to access that speed plan.
When you talk to us we would check your address and advise you if it was possible....
Get an answer from our members and Mint Telecom representatives
About Mint Telecom
- All plans start off with a 6-month contract, with a month-to-month service and no lock-in contracts after this.
- Every plan includes unlimited data, for added peace of mind that you won’t blow your budget.
- Mint Telecom provides local customer service support from a team based in Hobart, Tasmania.
Mint Telecom services
The top Mint Telecom phone plans are:
- Nude plan: At $69.95 monthly, it includes a working phone service, and calls to other Mint NBN customers.
- Starter plan: For $74.95 monthly, this includes the features of the Nude plan plus the ability to make local calls to non-Mint NBN customers.
- Ultimate plan: At $94.95 per month, this is the most premium popular plan. With this plan, customers can make local, national and mobile calls.
Internet - NBN Services
The three most popular Internet NBN services with customers are:
- NBN25: with a basic evening speed minimum 15Mbps ($69.95 a month).
- Unlimited NBN plan: with a standard plus evening minimum 30 Mbps ($79.95).
- NBN100: with a basic evening speed minimum 60 Mbps ($89.95).
Small Business Phone Systems
A Hosted PBX solution lets you use the cloud to manage call flows and setup. SIP trunks can be plugged into a traditional phone system, with the added benefit of HD voice quality and lower call costs. Both of these options are advertised as part of the setup for Small Business Phone Systems.
Points of praise from Mint customers
- It was a common experience of reviewers that Mint provides a reliable NBN service with no dropouts or disruptions to the service.
- Customer service staff are excellent at assisting customers with setting up their new services. Customers who don’t regard themselves as tech savvy noted that this involved skill as well as patience.
- Reviewers loved that customer service staff were based in Australia. Staff members were able to efficiently resolve issues, without double-handling or redirecting enquiries.
- Staff at Mint Telecom were attentive, and made their customers feel valued with each interaction.
- Staff respond promptly to customer questions or issues.
- Mint Telecom's proactive approach was appreciated by customers. It included staff notifying customers about power outages before they occur, and recommending options to facilitate a speedier internet connection, for example by updating old modems.
Pricing and plan information in this Details section are accurate as at February 24th 2022.
|Category||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers|
|Standard Monthly Price||$89.95||$79.95||$69.95||$99.95|
|Typical Evening Download Speed||60Mbps||30Mbps||15Mbps||60Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||20 Mbps||20 Mbps||5 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|Packages Available||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone|
|Contract||Set Period||Set Period||Set Period||Set Period|
|Max Download Speed||100 Mbps||50 Mbps||25 Mbps||100 Mbps|
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.