Excellent local customer service
We moved to Mint for our home NBN following endless frustration with Optus and previously Telstra, in regards to their unwieldy off shore customer service provision. ANY issues, be they technical or administrative, were enormously time consuming and difficult to resolve.
Knowing that the NBN infrastructure is the same regardless of who we go through, and that pricing for nbn is pretty much stitched up, we were seeking quality local customer service, and so far that is what we have received. When I call I speak to someone sitting here in the sa...me state as me, who both understands our issues and is in a position to act to resolve them, without endless redirection to multiple departments each as powerless as the last. Kevin (or Kelvin) was super friendly and helpful and even called after we had been connected for a while to check that things were going ok. Super happy and definitely recommend Mint.
- Value for Money
Mint telecom is mint as bro!
The Internet service is quite good, hasn't missed a beat. But the customer service is great. Customer service reps get back to you so quick and are very helpful. They're doing a great job. Do get the occasional lag spike whilst gaming but nothing serious. All round is really great.
- Value for Money
- Mint Telecom
Very happy customer
I have been so happy with the service I have received from mint.
I initially had some issues getting my connection working, and the support people were so helpful with straightening me out, which is great because I’m not great with understanding internet technology and terminology. I wanted to BYO modem, since it seemed silly to buy a new one and while the guy I spoke to warned me that the one I had is notoriously difficult to use, he also guided me through setting it up in a way that didn’t leave me bamboozled.
Since getting up and ru...nning, the only issues I have had have been related to the old infrastructure that the NBN utilises, so not so much a mint issue. i am giving 4 stars rather than 5 because part of the sign up process involved signing me up for a rewards program that I don’t want.
- Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
The best customer service I have experienced
The customer service was second to none, also the speed and price of mint is great for what we need it for.
Thank you Kelvin for all of your assistance.
- Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Find out how Mint Telecom compares to other Internet Service Providers
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
How do I sign up
Give us a call on 1300 58 64 68 during business hours. We have no wait times, so just call when you are free.
which router would be supplied by Mint for HFC connection in Melbourne?
We don't supply modems or routers.
We would typically offer to sell a preconfigured Netcomm Wireless unit but due to covid impacts they currently have no stock in Australia....
I have a Netcomm in Sydney, I think it's best to ask Mint directly for the model they supply in Melbourne.
Can you run tests to make sure our connection has the capacity to be compatible with 250/25?
You have to have a fibre to the premise service or a HFC service (which is then limited to certain areas) to be able to access that speed plan.
When you talk to us we would check your address and advise you if it was possible....
Get an answer from our members and Mint Telecom representatives
About Mint Telecom
- All plans start off with a 6-month contract, with a month-to-month service and no lock-in contracts after this.
- Every plan includes unlimited data, for added peace of mind that you won’t blow your budget.
- Mint Telecom provides local customer service support from a team based in Hobart, Tasmania.
Mint Telecom services
The top Mint Telecom phone plans are:
- Nude plan: At $69.95 monthly, it includes a working phone service, and calls to other Mint NBN customers.
- Starter plan: For $74.95 monthly, this includes the features of the Nude plan plus the ability to make local calls to non-Mint NBN customers.
- Ultimate plan: At $94.95 per month, this is the most premium popular plan. With this plan, customers can make local, national and mobile calls.
Internet - NBN Services
The three most popular Internet NBN services with customers are:
- NBN25: with a basic evening speed minimum 15Mbps ($69.95 a month).
- Unlimited NBN plan: with a standard plus evening minimum 30 Mbps ($79.95).
- NBN100: with a basic evening speed minimum 60 Mbps ($89.95).
Small Business Phone Systems
A Hosted PBX solution lets you use the cloud to manage call flows and setup. SIP trunks can be plugged into a traditional phone system, with the added benefit of HD voice quality and lower call costs. Both of these options are advertised as part of the setup for Small Business Phone Systems.
Points of praise from Mint customers
- It was a common experience of reviewers that Mint provides a reliable NBN service with no dropouts or disruptions to the service.
- Customer service staff are excellent at assisting customers with setting up their new services. Customers who don’t regard themselves as tech savvy noted that this involved skill as well as patience.
- Reviewers loved that customer service staff were based in Australia. Staff members were able to efficiently resolve issues, without double-handling or redirecting enquiries.
- Staff at Mint Telecom were attentive, and made their customers feel valued with each interaction.
- Staff respond promptly to customer questions or issues.
- Mint Telecom's proactive approach was appreciated by customers. It included staff notifying customers about power outages before they occur, and recommending options to facilitate a speedier internet connection, for example by updating old modems.
Pricing and plan information in this Details section are accurate as at February 24th 2022.
|Category||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers|
|Standard Monthly Price||$89.95||$79.95||$69.95||$99.95|
|Typical Evening Download Speed||60Mbps||30Mbps||15Mbps||60Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||20 Mbps||20 Mbps||5 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|Packages Available||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone|
|Contract||Set Period||Set Period||Set Period||Set Period|
|Max Download Speed||100 Mbps||50 Mbps||25 Mbps||100 Mbps|
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.