Miracle Blanket

Miracle Blanket

LClarke

LClarkeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No escape!

I'm not very good at fixing a tight swaddle and my 6 week old was constantly wriggling her arms out of traditional swaddles and then waking and getting upset. She hasn't been able to escape this one though! Its easy to use, just a bit fiddly tucking the arm flaps underneath bub. My baby tends to fight swaddles so sometimes she still gets upset when in this one, but it does what it says and keeps those arms tucked away.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Sleep Store for $39.99.

Nayes

NayesTas, 7248

The Miracle Swaddle

The swaddle has helped my baby be comfortable when sleeping, it is an excellent product! I would recommend it to anyone, when they start rolling over you can still use it just loosen the arms after being wrapped. My baby is 6 months and still using it even though he rolls over, he is able to get his arms out beforehand. Yes, poor stitching quality with the wraps as they do get holes in them but it doesn’t effect used and you do need more than one

NewMumma

NewMummaSydney

Great at trapping baby's arms

This swaddle was highly recommended by my midwife. It definitely does the trick of swaddling the baby so their arms can't get out. It's cotton thus comfy and breathable. A lil fiddly with the long tail, but still simple enough to use in middle of night nappy changes. My son needed to be in the right mood to enjoy this swaddle, if he was sleepy he loved it, else he did not enjoy being trapped at all. Agree with some of the other reviewers about sub standard quality, doesn't feel like it's worth rrp $50. I got mine for $30 from nursing angel on sale.

Laila

LailaMelbourne

Didnt help baby sleep

I bought this before baby came and used immediately from birth hoping for a miracle but baby still didnt sleep. I just want other parents to know that it may not work for some babies. I think its because our baby liked his hands up, so we needed an Angel wrap which the miracle blanket cannot do. I would suggest waiting till baby comes first, use a normal blanket and see what type of swaddling if any does your child like.

EJO

EJOAU

Great product but quality could be improved

This product provided a good wrap for baby and we thought it helped us settle bub too. My only gripe is that after about 4 weeks of use both of the miracle blankets we had purchased started to get tiny holes at some seam joins. I emailed the company the feedback but never head from them. None the less I would still recommend the product and hope that the quality improves.

ShazzaHunter

ShazzaHunterBrisbane

Great product but bad finish and customer service!

I bought 2, a normal one and thebamboo ones, baby loved them, however the finishes are terrible, holes appearing after a week, stitches poorly done and getting undone , emailed them with pictures to ask for a replacements twice and got comp,etely ignored, also delivery took two weeks. I would have rated 5 if it wasnt for that, such a shame.... For $50 a piece you would expect a decent long lasting product!!!

microtree

microtreePerth, WA

Love it because it is easy to use.

I have a list of baby products I can't help but recommend such as a Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block book. This is second on my list. Absolutely love it. So easy to use even I could do it. Helped our little one sleep through the night for the first 4 months.
So easy to use.
After 4 months of use every night a few holes started to develop but it was well used

shelleyanddan

shelleyanddanAU

Definitely works! Sceptic endorsed!

Lizzie P

Lizzie PNSW, 2763

A Miracle It Is!!!

I honestly think that this is one of the best baby wraps out there in the market. If used properly, then no matter how much your baby wriggles or struggles, they cannot get out of this one. It's such a sleep saver for everybody! Highly recommended. I buy this for everybody as a welcome baby gift.
Not expensive, actually works, lightweight

Kat0101

Kat0101SYDNEY

Houdini proof swaddle!

My son is a master escape artist & wakes himself up everytime. I kept improving my swaddling technique & he kept finding a way out! Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe worked for a while but he eventually busted through the velcro. Miracle Wrap has kept him swaddled almost everytime, he will wriggle out if he's not snugly wrapped though, follow the instructions & it should be Houdini proof.
Houdini proof, nice fabric although it would be hot in summer.
The foot pouch isn't long enough.

aldebaran3003

hattiefox

NatDe

NatDe

Good

We live in a very hot climate and had a summer baby but she never got too hot in this (we had the cooling on at night anyway). My husband preferred to just use muslin wraps as he could wrap our daughter very well this way and they are just as good and much cheaper if you can use them well. I preferred the miracle blanket because it was easier for me to wrap her in this. I did find the arm flaps a bit difficult to use. I would still use this wrap again if I had another baby.
Fairly simple to use and works fairly well.
A bit expensive for a blanket.

Mythic

Mythic

OK

It's a good idea, it just didn't work for us. Having to learn how to use it took up extra time we just didn't have and the bub didn't like being so bound in.
I felt it was a little more restrictive than I like for my little one, a bit too impossible for them to move around a little bit, which while the advantage is that she won't get our her hands and scare herself or scratch herself, the down side is baby can become frustrated at the complete inability to move.
Too complicated! Nothing as basic as swaddling should need an instruction video to use!

beckybee

beckybeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

Despite the problems we have had with it, it is a great product. It still works on our boy at least 70% of the time.
When used properly on an average sized baby this is great.
As someone else has stated, the leg pocket should be a little longer. Our son is in th 90th percentile for height in his age and had to bunch up his legs a little. Also, if the baby starts arching its back and moves its arms, it can escape the arm constraints and houdini out.

shoppingmama

shoppingmama

OK

This was given as a gift when our baby was born. I was able to use it eventually after some frustrating attempts. It's only really suited to the cooler weather and only for the very first couple of months, so for a baby that needs wrapping to sleep I would say to use something like a Little Fraser or Charli Bee. At least they will last a lot longer for wrappng. I had a twin pram and the Charli Bee was big enough to use as a sun/insect screen over that.
Once we worked it out, it was good for about two months or so.
Working it out was a little difficult initially, but we did! The fabric is more suited to winter months. It is not really multi purpose like the large muslin wraps.

Andy1

Andy1

I love it only problem is getting it washed and back on in time! Need another one. I've also tried kiddopotamous and ergo cocoon with no success. My baby is a genius at escaping and this is the only thing that works. He now sleeps 7pm until 6am (with a dream feed) and no startle waking.
fantastic my baby settles straight away and it prevents his arms from moving around
stitching coming away a bit on a seam

marie4509

marie4509

Good

Great design to keep bub from startling himself when sleeping, but product improvement would be to have a longer pouch for his feet. My bub calms right down when wrapped in the for bedtime, it has really helped to keep him sleeping longer.
This was the only swaddler that was able to keep my baby from getting his arms out. It is easy to use once you read the instructions.
Easy to wash and dries fast.
The pouch for the legs is too short. It comes in one size only and my baby grew out of the foot pouch by around 8 weeks even though it says the blanket is meant to be for up to 14 weeks. I got around this by wrapping his arms only and leaving his feet out of the pouch. y main concern was his arms flailing, so this didn't bother me too much.

schokolade

schokolade

OK

When we first tried using this on our baby, he just would not allow us to wrap him in this way. It is a little fiddly to get right, and maybe had we used it from birth, he may have gotten used to it. But after several attempts, we just gave up and preferred to use a really large wrap like the Little Fraser.
Colour range, cotton fabric.
Not sure if I can comment, as the item just wasn't suitable for my baby. Although I will say, that without the instructions, even the midwives in the private hospital I attended, could not work out how to swaddle the baby in it.