Mitsubishi 380 DB

Mitsubishi 380 DB (2005-2008) (page 2 of 4)

(No Badge), GT, Platinum Edition, etc...
See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi

• Features

Fitzy
FitzyBrisbane

Love it

How do you remove dome lights and map lights
(w/sunroof toggle) I'm hoping to also change dash lights to different colour
Can I put led bulbs into fog lights with minimal hassle
Any advice tips on all these changes greatly appreciated
Anything you think I can do also that may be simple but also a good lil mod at same time

Date PurchasedFeb 2008
TheAnswerIs
TheAnswerIsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

265000 Km and still going strong

Purchased in April 2015.

Miss
MissQld

Mitsubishi 380 .. 2006

I have a mitsubishi 380. Its ok .. ive only had it for a few month's. I havent had a problem with it so far. Just the windows electrical wiring i guess.. i purchased it second hand. Its good to drive. The motor is great. Im still learning new functions and things with the car but it's ok.

BadgeLS
Date PurchasedDec 2015

Best car?

I have recently parted company with a 2005 base model 380 that I owned from new. I have to say that I doubt that I will ever own a more durable and dependable vehicle ever again. Full credit to Tom Collins and the crew at Mitsubishi Australia for the design and build quality that made this one of the best cars ever built in this country. I had that mandatory window regulator problem and yes it didn't have the tightest of turning circles, but not a drop of oil leakage or rattle or squeak after 180 K's. Great highway car and economical to boot.

Mitsubishi 380 GTL 2007

This is truly an outstanding car in every way. My brother put me unto this car and initially I paid for the car from him and he promptly gave me the car for free. This car had only 125k on the clock, it was a GTL rare as hens teeth, dual fuel with a great LPG setup, sunroof, rear spoiler, everything you need. It is so easy to service and parts are very reasonable to replace. Only issues is the turning circle, and one failed door motor. The car rides beautifully and looks cool with chromes as wheels and tinted windows. Best car I have ever had and so reliable.

BadgeGTL
johno
johno

Very good car

George m
George mMelbourne

Best car ever driven but service fees another matter.

Our 380 VRX is the best car I've driven, after 9 years the only problems were window winders & the wide turning circle. Powerful, reliable, quiet & roomy. Well into 200,000's & fully serviced at Mitsubishi Footscray, was dumbfounded after $1500 service it started to miss and when took it back was charged another $1500 to replace rear spark plugs. Enough was more than enough. Now go to Ultra tune and car still running fantastic.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
greg897
greg897AU

8 years on...still perfect

My GT 380 turns 9 years old this year and still drives perfectly.
My TMR380 supercharged still drives like new.
Our 380VRX, Platimum x2 and 380GTL all have performed flawlessly.

Window winders the been the only failures....but insignificant in comparison to the Falcon and Commodore drivetrain horror stories.

I will say it again...the Mitsubishi 380 is the most mechanically reliable and best screwed together body ever made in Australia.

You are better off with a used 380 than a new Captiva or Hyundai.

Well done to all the ex Tonsley Park Mitsubishi employees.

BadgeGT

Awesome Car!

This is my fourth Mitsubishi. Prior to purchase, I read as many reviews as possible so am well aware of what appears to be the only flaw - window regulators! Lucky for me, none have failed - yet. This car is quiet, comfortable and powerful. I feel safe driving it and also importantly is easy to service. I thoroughly recommend these cars as real value over Ford and Holden large family cars. If rear wheel drive is your thing, I can honestly say that it's hard to tell this is even a front wheel drive car unless you floor it!

TransmissionManual
Happy Driver
Happy Driver

Find out how Mitsubishi 380 DB compares to other Sedans

First large sedan and I love it

Badge0
Shay g
Shay gPerth

WOW what a car!

I have own this car for about 2 years now. It has clocked 135K still engine does not miss a beat. I am not sure why this car was a flop. This car has evrything for the price. 7 speakers loud, trip tonic gearbox that works. full of power and fuel consumption as low as 12ltr per 100km, for a big engine like that its pretty good and that's all city driving i barely drive on open road.
Seats are quite comfotable. and you can grab a bargain at around $7000 at the moment.

Be careful.
Make sure the car has been serviced properly or else it will cost you big. VRX model has to be the best looking outta all.

Been a great buy

Bought the car as an 15 month old ex-rental with a shade under 40,000K on the clock for $16K in 2009 and has been nothing less than brilliant - got just on 160,000K now and still going strong. Only minor issues being 3 out of the 4 power windows have let go and needed replacement motors - drivers side the only one not to do it which is odd as it would get the most work! Not a major problem as about a $100 fix. My only negative would be that it can be quite thirsty but it's a large car and a big motor so not too surprising really but expect around 13L/100Km around town.

Best Quality Australian Built Car

BadgeGT
Dinesh
Dinesh

Great Car

Had my 380 ES for the past 5 years now and still love the car. Have not had any mechanical issues since purchase. Back window motors have been the only problem, but apart from that all is good. Love the space all around, including boot space. Always been serviced on time. Love the power on the open road. First time owning a Mitsubishi and the 380 ES was a great choice. No regrets.

Mark
MarkChristchurch

Good choice, no regrets

BadgeLX
BigSteve
BigSteveWA, 6028

Super Sedan!!

The 380 is a great car, for not much money! I've got the base model SII ES and it is spacious, comfortable, really smooth and powerful and becomes more appealing the longer you own it. I'm definitely going to keep it and replace it with another.

TransmissionAuto

Great car

I have had a Mitsubishi 380 2005 auto for just over 3 years. It is a great car that has given me no trouble at all. 180,000 on the clock, and I plan to drive it for at least another 3 to 5 years.

GrahamWollongong

What a great car

mags05
mags05Lynbrook

The best Australian vehicle ever made.

dimitri.milewicz
dimitri.milewiczGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best decision I ever made was buying this 2006 380SX Series 2!

Daniella I

Sporty, Thirsty, Cheeky

resurgence
resurgence
Dakota1Perth

LAST OF THE BEST HOMEGROWN BIG MITSI'S!!!

Ted
Ted

Great cars

We have 2 380s. One 2007 series 2 Platinum and 1 series 3 VR-X. They have both been very reliable and at 90,000kms each on the clock, still drive like new cars. No rattles etc. The only reason why I give it 4 stars is a couple of design features, which is ugly plastic dash and extremely poor turning circle and large back pillars which particularly on the last VR-X makes it harder to park with larger spoiler on it as well. We have had the rear regulator gone on both rear drivers passenger side. One done under warranty one just out at approx $200 installed.
Smooth, responsive, good sporty gearbox, reliable, comfort
Rear window regulators, hugest turning circle, thick rear pillars, ugly silver plastic dash inserts