Mitsubishi 380 DB

Mitsubishi 380 DB (2005-2008)

(No Badge), GT, Platinum Edition, etc...
See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi

• Features

Jeoffer
JeofferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great second car

Due to the pandemic causing new car delays, I decided on getting a used car for running around in and if I needed to tow my small boat. I found this 380 for $4,500 at a car yard with 180,000km on it. My expectations for a 16-year-old car were not high but so far I am very happy with it. It has plenty of power and is quite comfortable to drive. It uses around 13.5 litres per 100 km all suburban driving which is okay as I am lucky to do 100 km a week. One fog light was broken so I picked up a pair on eBay for around $40 and installed them myself. Initially some buttons for the radio/cd were not working but a squirt of INOX on the connectors behind the controls sorted it out and everything is working perfectly.

Purchased in July 2021 for $4,500.00.

Josh S.
Josh S.Adelaide

Wish they would produce another Magna/380

BadgeLimited Edition
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Other Sedans

I brought a mistibushi 380 vrx for $6000 from a dealership second hand, 90,000km.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Lee Kian Beng
Lee Kian BengJandakot

Solid Car to drive

Extremely Comfy car that is both sporty and spacious. Bought this car off second hand for a good price and fell in love the moment i drove it. The paint work is not fantastic however the engine is amazing. Although the car has alot of torque behind its engine. It handles the corners well and handling is good. Petrol consumption might be a lil high for it as it is easy to over rev on this car. So don't be a heavy footer on the accelerator.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Gaurav Seth
Gaurav Sethperth

Good

I purchased Mitsubishi 380 (second-hand model 2005) in 2015. I really loved this car especially its wooden interior, electric driver seat and cruise control. The Performance and handling were good. Quite a spacious car with good aircon. As the model is old the running cost is abit higher but after looking at the overall performance and style. I still love this car.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Peed off
Peed off

Second hand 380

I purchased this car in 2012 for $7000 and when i cleaned it i was surprised by how good the paint was ! It had 115.000ks and it drives beautifully ! It is now 2017 and the paint im sorry to say has come undone and is peeling ! I live next to the sea so i kinda expected that . I hit a roo last week doing 80ks and was sweetly surprised with the amount of damage done as it was all cosmetic minus a rad support which snapped . This car on average gets 100ks to 10.5 ltrs and its fast ! I got a k n n filter and an aftermarket exhaust and i upgraded to the larger usa galant air intake . Overall its a great car and would buy another if i could . 8.5 out of 10 if you get a chance at low ks get one even just as a work car like i have

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMay 2006

Comments about the car I own

I like the handling of the car very smooth to drive.Excellent highway economy.the only downfall is the huge turning circle.maintenance costs are on average.interior design is excellent.good fabric seats good stretching leg room.large boot space.I like the lights on high beam and low beam.also excellent towing vehicle for plenty of power

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Fitzy
FitzyBrisbane

Love it

How do you remove dome lights and map lights
(w/sunroof toggle) I'm hoping to also change dash lights to different colour
Can I put led bulbs into fog lights with minimal hassle
Any advice tips on all these changes greatly appreciated
Anything you think I can do also that may be simple but also a good lil mod at same time

Date PurchasedFeb 2008

TheAnswerIs
TheAnswerIsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

265000 Km and still going strong

Purchased in April 2015.

Miss
MissQld

Mitsubishi 380 .. 2006

I have a mitsubishi 380. Its ok .. ive only had it for a few month's. I havent had a problem with it so far. Just the windows electrical wiring i guess.. i purchased it second hand. Its good to drive. The motor is great. Im still learning new functions and things with the car but it's ok.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
mags05
mags05Lynbrook

The best Australian vehicle ever made.

GarryJ25
GarryJ25ORANGE

Almost perfect.

End UserAU

Sporty, Thirsty, Cheeky

Ted
Ted

Great cars

We have 2 380s. One 2007 series 2 Platinum and 1 series 3 VR-X. They have both been very reliable and at 90,000kms each on the clock, still drive like new cars. No rattles etc. The only reason why I give it 4 stars is a couple of design features, which is ugly plastic dash and extremely poor turning circle and large back pillars which particularly on the last VR-X makes it harder to park with larger spoiler on it as well. We have had the rear regulator gone on both rear drivers passenger side. One done under warranty one just out at approx $200 installed.
Smooth, responsive, good sporty gearbox, reliable, comfort
Rear window regulators, hugest turning circle, thick rear pillars, ugly silver plastic dash inserts

Very underrated vehicle