Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol (2016-2019)

So happy I purchased it

I use my car for commuting to work and I use it daily. I get it serviced at the recommended service time and I haven't had any mechanical issues with the car. The features are great and I couldn't live without the reversing camera now. The handsfree bluetooth is a bonus. Its a smooth ride and I use the boot for my parents wheelchair which fits nicely in the back. Its also a good height for my elderly parents to get into my last sedan was to low. Great car Thanks Mitsubishi.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

unreliable Mitsubishi asx

I have to rebuild the engine after 60000 km because injection fault after that found out have stick rings in engine fault after Mitsubishi motor rebuilt engine took 5 week ago go well and after 2 month this going good so far at that time hope time to last long-term.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
DriveFWD

An excellent car which does everything asked of it!

My 2017 ASX is a lovely car which is ok on fuel but, a good and safe place to be on the road. The 2 litre engine has enough power and it works well with the CVT gearbox. I am not a fan of CVT's but, this is definitely one of the better ones out there. Everything in the ASX works well - the climate control air conditioning, the stereo, the digital radio is great and the sound system in general is good for a car of this price. The load area is generous but the rear seat belts get in the way when the rear seats are folded down. The factory Brigstone Dueller tyres are a little noisy and you need to be attentive in a wet corner but they are good for all around use. A set of more road specific tyres would work better. I traded in a Ford Mondeo on the ASX and am happy with my purchase. The ASX has received some harsh reviews but, if you want a good all rounder for family or just to get away, you can't do better for the money. Totally recommended!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Reliable, economic, small family suv

My ASX has not skipped a beat since I bought it. It is economic on fuel and has all the standard features expected in newer model cars nowadays at a great price. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to all of the recalls it's had and the acceleration is at times laggy. Also wish the 60/40 split on the rear seats was on the opposite side. Big portion currently on passengers side, which when you have one child is usually the side they sit on so you don't get them out roadside. This limits how much you can load into it when only the small side can be folded down.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Squeaking pedal

I have had my Mitsubishi Asx since October 2015. It has been and still is a great car to drive. It has done 27,700 kilometres. At 26,500 kilometres it developed a squeaking brake pedal when depressing and releasing brake pedal. Told it was wear and tear plus age. The noise is VERY annoying. A gross irritation for such a great car.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Happy with Purchase

I have the 2015 model and regularly drive 300km to the country to visit family. I find it handles well, is comfortable to drive, and fuel efficient. It accelerates well. I feel safe driving this car. My only complaints are the space-saver spare (they're useless for highway driving), and there is a ledge where the hatch closes so putting heavy or awkward sized things into the boot can chip the paint.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Overall affordable but not very fancy inside

Pro: affordable if you could bargain with the dealership. Auto folding mirrors are great. Reverse camera and sensors even on the low end model.

Con: not very fuel efficient. Driving in Sydney when traffic is free flowing will still use up to 15L fuel per 100km. Motorway fuel consumption is around 9L/100km. The head unit has very limited functions. Also it doesn't read USB sticks that have NTFS filesystems, it only reads FAT, which is very lame.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

A complete SUV in its budget

I always wnated to buy a SUV that fits into my budget and has all the features that i want. ASX has high ground clearance and bigger wheel base than other cars in this category. excellent driving experience with 4 years warranty and 3 years capped price servicing makes a good deal to buy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Brilliant to drive

The driving experience is excellent, brilliant performance, handling, road noise is minimal, nothing to dislike about the interior, plenty of legroom, very reliable, economical to run, as the price of petrol fluctuates your cost of running this car is subject to your driving distance on any given day, the tank generally gives you at the least 750 kilometres of distance

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great car with all-round features

Have had this car since the start of 2015. Drives quite well, accelerates smoothly but the handling isn't that tight. Is quite compact however for a car in the SUV class. The interior is quite nice and adjustable however, as I'm a tall person I'm able to move the seat back just enough, and raise or lower the height of the seat. Legroom is enough for people of average height, if you're a bit taller you might feel a bit cramped.

Dashboard is intuitive to use, albeit a bit laggy in its touch interface. Bluetooth connectivity is good, supporting multiple registered devices and an internal phonebook with contacts. Sound EQ'ing is also available.

Reliability of the vehicle is good, I haven't any major problems with it. Running costs are average, nothing special about the refuelling frequency of this vehicle. The recent ASX recall by Mitsubishi for a fault is a bit concerning however.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

First time I bought a Mitsubishi and I am more than happy....

I love the camera, help me a lot going to work and getting out my carpot.....very confortable seats and nice drive.....I like the colour and my tinted windows..Is nice also to answer my calls just pressing a buttom and have a speaker.

Very economic I just commute from home to work.....

Date PurchasedNov 2017

So good to drive

I bought the ASX as I wanted a small car with a roomy inside, it drives well, light and very fuel efficient, I can fill it up and I will get 500+k's out of it and that's just on run around journeys. Love the way the seat covers can come off to wash if need be. Mitsubishi threw in year rego on, full tank of petrol, ASX seat covers and ASX floor mats, was very happy with that. Love everything about this car!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Love this car

Had a baby so needed a bigger car and one that was safer. Very happy with it overall and the value. Got a good deal from Castle Hill Toyota. Love the colour and the styling. Only thing that needs improving is the stereo. In this day and age cars need rear speaker somewhere in the car. My hubby put some in so its ok now. Safety was important to us so we are very happy. Plenty of space in boot and back seats. Also staff at castle hill toyota were very good and we got a great deal. Love the car. Petrol efficiency is great also.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

First small Suv and I'm happy!

I have had mine since Jan 2016 and so far it has been great! We upgraded as we were having another baby and needed to fit 3 carseats in the back which we were able to do. The interior although fairly basic is comfortable and relatively roomy. The boots space is ok and I'm able to fit my double pram in easily. The car itself drives nice and smooth and I feel safe having my family of 5 in the car. I wouldn't say that it's great on fuel but I do do alot of short trips and sometimes several times a day so that my be contributing to my consumption.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Love my car! Great on petrol!

Runs extremely well! Very cost effective on petrol due to being a four cylinder motor. It has a well designed interior. The only issue I have had which isn’t anything mechanical but the glove box clip doesn’t shut properly. The mechanic replaced the clips & it’s still didn’t close. The whole glove box was replaced & it still doesn’t close properly which is extremely irritating considering I purchased the vehicle brand new from the car dealership.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Perfect city-based SUV

Great driving experience. The wheel is easy to handle.The speed pickup is super fast, and I just wish I could drive this on German's highway where there is no speed limit. The Interior is pretty basic as compared to the European cars or higher-end Japanese cars. It's been reliable so far and does not use that much petrol. 7.8 L per 100 km on a highway.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

I love this car

This is the first car I have bought brand new and am more than happy. It's a good looking car is very fuel efficient and does not 'drag when picking up speed. I feel very safe in this car. I do however find the car is noisy and I can hear the tyres on the road. The seats also become a little uncomfortable on long trips and I've found myself using a cushion for the small of my back. Even if I knew of these issues prior, I'd still buy it all over again. My husband want one for himself

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Attractive design but too small!

It's a nice small SUV but too small for a young family. Back seat very cramped with two baby seats. No room for a third person in the back seat with the two baby seats. Boot space barely fits our icandy peach pram. Definitely does not fit a double pram. Standard LS is very standard with hardly any extras. Seat fabric feels cheap. Driving feels unstable on the road and the engine is quite loud. Positives are nice wheel rims, attractive front end design, good fuel economy and nice colour range. But unfortunately I regret this buy. Wish I did not make such a quick decision buying this car. I actually took it back to the same car yard I brought it from (Mitsubishi Alto Pennant Hills) five weeks after buying it brand new & was offered $10,000 less than what I brought it for. Does not hold value well at all. I would recommend to look at bigger SUV models for a family unless you specifically want a small one or don't need baby car seats or don't need extra boot space. Or look at other car makes.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Happy with my purchase

First of all I have to say I've come from driving a 2002 Hyundai Elantra so obviously any new car will seem great by comparison. Having said that, I did also regularly use my mum's Volkswagen Tiguan 2015 so I do know what it's like to not drive a janky old car.
From a non-motoring enthusiast POV: It does grunt and take a bit of effort to accelerate from stationary but once it gets going it's smooth driving. The running costs seem pretty reasonable to me, a full tank did get us from Melbourne to Horsham and back (600km). A lot of reviews seem to think the body isn't as sleek compared to other small SUVs but I think it's just more... masculine looking. I love the rear view camera and it's great that it comes as standard, speakers work well and BlueTooth a breeze to connect to your phone. Plenty of room in the boot too, especially once seats are down. The car is very affordable.
Cons: Now there's a baby seat in the back, there is very little leg room for the front passenger. No a/c vents in the back. All plastic interior but to be expected at the price.
All in all, I am happy with my purchase, I haven't had any problems at all. Would recommend at this price range.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Perfect

I Purchased this car in 2016 EOFY deal. Great car for me and my family. Lots of leg room but boot space is a little limited. Cheap to run and have had no issues whatsoever. cheap to service. Have done long trips (10hrs) with no problems. Reliable little family car indeed.

Date PurchasedJun 2016