Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol (2016-2019)

Also referred to as: Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol 2018 and Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol 2020.

See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Slbig1

Slbig1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great sized car

Perfect car for my medium sized family, easily fits in 4 comfortably. The back cargo area is very roomy and when you fold the back seats flat it is massive! Great fuel economy

Purchased in July 2019 at Mitsubishi Dealers for $35,000.00.

Casey

CaseyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Vehicle!

Purchased in March 2019 for $29,000.00.

Blister

BlisterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Decision

Have had really bad luck buying cars lately, having bought an MG ZS 12 months ago that ended up being biggest mistake (but that’s another story) with the money from the buy back I decided to purchase a Mitsubishi ASX LS, must say wish I had done this March last year and saved myself the heartache. The car is a great for running my errands, going to classes and it handles very well, so far fuel economy is good, the car is comfortable, love the fact that my son who is an Android user, he can borrow my car and plug in he’s phone and use it and more daughter who is an iPhone user can use it as well.

I live that I have a 3 year capped service fee. So far this car has been the best decision I have made in a motor vehicle purchase

Purchased in July 2019 at Zupps Mitsubishi .

Sayersmob

SayersmobNarre Warren North

So happy I purchased it

I use my car for commuting to work and I use it daily. I get it serviced at the recommended service time and I haven't had any mechanical issues with the car. The features are great and I couldn't live without the reversing camera now. The handsfree bluetooth is a bonus. Its a smooth ride and I use the boot for my parents wheelchair which fits nicely in the back. Its also a good height for my elderly parents to get into my last sedan was to low. Great car Thanks Mitsubishi.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

hag

hagmoss vale

unreliable Mitsubishi asx

I have to rebuild the engine after 60000 km because injection fault after that found out have stick rings in engine fault after Mitsubishi motor rebuilt engine took 5 week ago go well and after 2 month this going good so far at that time hope time to last long-term.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
DriveFWD

Kingo

KingoBrisbane

An excellent car which does everything asked of it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Kim S

Kim S

Reliable, economic, small family suv

My ASX has not skipped a beat since I bought it. It is economic on fuel and has all the standard features expected in newer model cars nowadays at a great price. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to all of the recalls it's had and the acceleration is at times laggy. Also wish the 60/40 split on the rear seats was on the opposite side. Big portion currently on passengers side, which when you have one child is usually the side they sit on so you don't get them out roadside. This limits how much you can load into it when only the small side can be folded down.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Neil E

Neil EBrisbane

Squeaking pedal

I have had my Mitsubishi Asx since October 2015. It has been and still is a great car to drive. It has done 27,700 kilometres. At 26,500 kilometres it developed a squeaking brake pedal when depressing and releasing brake pedal. Told it was wear and tear plus age. The noise is VERY annoying. A gross irritation for such a great car.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Lee

Lee

Happy with Purchase

I have the 2015 model and regularly drive 300km to the country to visit family. I find it handles well, is comfortable to drive, and fuel efficient. It accelerates well. I feel safe driving this car. My only complaints are the space-saver spare (they're useless for highway driving), and there is a ledge where the hatch closes so putting heavy or awkward sized things into the boot can chip the paint.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Michael

MichaelSydney

Overall affordable but not very fancy inside

Pro: affordable if you could bargain with the dealership. Auto folding mirrors are great. Reverse camera and sensors even on the low end model.

Con: not very fuel efficient. Driving in Sydney when traffic is free flowing will still use up to 15L fuel per 100km. Motorway fuel consumption is around 9L/100km. The head unit has very limited functions. Also it doesn't read USB sticks that have NTFS filesystems, it only reads FAT, which is very lame.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

yogi

yogiSydney

A complete SUV in its budget

I always wnated to buy a SUV that fits into my budget and has all the features that i want. ASX has high ground clearance and bigger wheel base than other cars in this category. excellent driving experience with 4 years warranty and 3 years capped price servicing makes a good deal to buy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Karen

KarenNowra

Brilliant to drive

The driving experience is excellent, brilliant performance, handling, road noise is minimal, nothing to dislike about the interior, plenty of legroom, very reliable, economical to run, as the price of petrol fluctuates your cost of running this car is subject to your driving distance on any given day, the tank generally gives you at the least 750 kilometres of distance

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cyriax

CyriaxSydney

Great car with all-round features

Date PurchasedJan 2015

First time I bought a Mitsubishi and I am more than happy....

I love the camera, help me a lot going to work and getting out my carpot.....very confortable seats and nice drive.....I like the colour and my tinted windows..Is nice also to answer my calls just pressing a buttom and have a speaker.

Very economic I just commute from home to work.....

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Lambeth64

Lambeth64Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So good to drive

I bought the ASX as I wanted a small car with a roomy inside, it drives well, light and very fuel efficient, I can fill it up and I will get 500+k's out of it and that's just on run around journeys. Love the way the seat covers can come off to wash if need be. Mitsubishi threw in year rego on, full tank of petrol, ASX seat covers and ASX floor mats, was very happy with that. Love everything about this car!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Mick Dub

Mick DubSydney

Love this car

Had a baby so needed a bigger car and one that was safer. Very happy with it overall and the value. Got a good deal from Castle Hill Toyota. Love the colour and the styling. Only thing that needs improving is the stereo. In this day and age cars need rear speaker somewhere in the car. My hubby put some in so its ok now. Safety was important to us so we are very happy. Plenty of space in boot and back seats. Also staff at castle hill toyota were very good and we got a great deal. Love the car. Petrol efficiency is great also.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Sammy J

Sammy JGold Coast

First small Suv and I'm happy!

I have had mine since Jan 2016 and so far it has been great! We upgraded as we were having another baby and needed to fit 3 carseats in the back which we were able to do. The interior although fairly basic is comfortable and relatively roomy. The boots space is ok and I'm able to fit my double pram in easily. The car itself drives nice and smooth and I feel safe having my family of 5 in the car. I wouldn't say that it's great on fuel but I do do alot of short trips and sometimes several times a day so that my be contributing to my consumption.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Melissa Simm

Melissa SimmShepparton

Love my car! Great on petrol!

Runs extremely well! Very cost effective on petrol due to being a four cylinder motor. It has a well designed interior. The only issue I have had which isn’t anything mechanical but the glove box clip doesn’t shut properly. The mechanic replaced the clips & it’s still didn’t close. The whole glove box was replaced & it still doesn’t close properly which is extremely irritating considering I purchased the vehicle brand new from the car dealership.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi

Don

DonVIC, 3023

Perfect city-based SUV

Great driving experience. The wheel is easy to handle.The speed pickup is super fast, and I just wish I could drive this on German's highway where there is no speed limit. The Interior is pretty basic as compared to the European cars or higher-end Japanese cars. It's been reliable so far and does not use that much petrol. 7.8 L per 100 km on a highway.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Bonkersplus

BonkersplusPerth

I love this car

This is the first car I have bought brand new and am more than happy. It's a good looking car is very fuel efficient and does not 'drag when picking up speed. I feel very safe in this car. I do however find the car is noisy and I can hear the tyres on the road. The seats also become a little uncomfortable on long trips and I've found myself using a cushion for the small of my back. Even if I knew of these issues prior, I'd still buy it all over again. My husband want one for himself

Date PurchasedAug 2016