Mitsubishi ASX

Mitsubishi ASX (page 2 of 9)

XC (2014-2019), XB (2012-2014) and XA (2010-2012)

See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good family car

We purchased the ASX because we needed a larger car to accommodate our family. It is comfortable, easy to drive and I found the reversing sensors have been fantastic as I am not used to driving such a large car.
We have the top of the line option which includes nice leather seats and the seat warmers have been lovely to use on the cold days.
The only negatives I have are the number of recalls we have received, it is very inconvenient to take the vehicle to a service center each time when we rely on it to taxi our family around (we can't go anywhere without our car seats). There is no interior light towards the back of the car so it makes attending to the children difficult at nigh and I have found the interior has gotten quite scratched from general everyday life (we don't transport anything out of the ordinary).
Apart from these few things, I really love the car and would consider purchasing another one in the future.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Performing as you would expect.

It is a pleasure to drive. I had the space saver replaced with same size spare with my purchase. It fuel consumption is good, especially on long hauls. Installed a 'fit my car' protector mat in the boot because of the degree of painy scratches when placing my walking frame into/out of the boot. Have had 3 recalls seen to and there is one still be determined.
Great car with great engine/gearbox performance.
Would recommend this vehicles to others wishing to purchase one.

Engine Size1.8L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Happy with Purchase

I have the 2015 model and regularly drive 300km to the country to visit family. I find it handles well, is comfortable to drive, and fuel efficient. It accelerates well. I feel safe driving this car. My only complaints are the space-saver spare (they're useless for highway driving), and there is a ledge where the hatch closes so putting heavy or awkward sized things into the boot can chip the paint.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect size car!

I bought my Mitsubishi Manual Silver ASX in December 2015. The car is a great size, lots of room throughout the car and also in the boot. Easy to park. I love having the reverse camera, very helpful. The car is quiet and sleek looking. The car has been reliable, a couple of recalls but were seen to as soon as required. Other than that, I like my ASX.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2015

I love my ASX

This car is so beautiful to drive, it is so quiet and handles so well. I do find the interior quality is a little cheap but compared to other turbo suv's on the market it is amazing value for money. There is plenty of space for kid seats and comes with a lot of little luxury things that make it a pleasure to own. I wish the service team was as good as the car.

Engine Size2.2L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedDec 2014

Good All round small SUV

Has been a great, reliable car, decent on fuel, we have the 2013 XLS, heated/leather seats is pretty awesome, but the latest round of recalls is why it gets 4 instead of 5. And also since we put the baby seat in, we realized how small the rear seat is. But in saying that, I would buy another one.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

I have had two ASX cars and think they are great

The Mitsubishi ASX is amazing value and a reliable, safe and visually appealing car. I recently had to buy new car and after comparing various makes, I decided to return to an ASX. For less than the cost of another make I was able to get the ADAS version with extra safety features.

BadgeLS ADAS
Date PurchasedJun 2018

ASX still lacking

After reading the other reviews of AXS. I have come to the decision that i must obviously be used to a better class of car. The poxy cup holders in the back seat doesn't make up for the obvious lack of features i was used to in my previous car. Still very disappointed with lack of luxuries for the top model. And not even able to adjust windows or put on radio after turning off engine. I paid 41k to add some features to make it look better. I'm now looking at a Jeep or Nissan. Handling OK, nothing special. Aircon not the best for passengers at the back

BadgeASX
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Perfect smoky car

My Mitsubishi asx is a perfect small family car. The precision of the reverse mirror is exact and now I’m finding myself using it more than I should. We love our Mitsubishi asx and wouldn’t go with any other car. The black is a really nice colour we absolutely love iy

Date PurchasedAug 2013

A good workhorse for the price

We were looking for an entry level SUV as a family car. My wife has chosen the ASX over the Kia Sportage. Honestly I was disappointed but when I started driving the ASX I started to love it. Not a bad car at all for $25000.
The car can be noisy on the road, fuel economy is ok and there are enough room at the front and back.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Superb suv

Superb car ,so many function in it ,seets are most comfortable, on back seat is has coffee mug holder on the front solar charg lights ,stairing super smooth,bid boot spece , big spece on front seets super climate control function no need to control ac trampeture again and again.happy to buy

Badge24000
Engine Size25000
Date PurchasedJan 2018

2018 Facelifted model looks good, but that’s about it...

I had the absolute joy of having this car for three weeks while my Subaru was getting warranty work done (sarcasm). This car had 1,200kms on the clock.

Interior:
While it looks nice from face value, Mitsubishi used a lot of cheap, hard plastics with the shiny piano black everywhere. This car had scratches all over it already.
They’re still using the outdated dash cluster from the 2008 Lancer and Outlanders as well.

Exterior:
Sporty and looks good, especially with the alloy wheels standard across the range.

Driving:
If you’re considering this car, I would look elsewhere OR at least test drive it for a few hours between highway and city before signing anything

It’s slow, gutless and the engine/transmission screams when accelerating.

When slowing to a round-about or slip lane and then taking off again, the car lurches and chugs as it tries to find the right rev range to use (CVT).

The amount of slack in the accelerator, brake and steering is a concern. I struggled to brake smoothly and stay centred in my lane with how sloppy it felt.
The cruise control is the worst I’ve ever use: If you’re anymore than 5km/h below the set speed it will accelerate in an aggressive and unnecessary manner, wasting fuel and just making it uncomfortable. It also likes to let the car coast if there is a downward incline, which I tested on one slope and I hit 15km/h over the limit before putting my foot on the brake.
Other systems use engine braking, I don’t know why Mitsubishi can’t.

I feel the only positives in this car are the Apple CarPlay/AA being included and the nicer exterior than the predecessors.

This car turned me off trusting Mitsubishi entirely and I would never buy one of their cars.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

The best purchase I have ever made

I purchased my 2017 Mitsubishi ASX about 4 months ago and I have never been happier!
They are a beautifully car to drive, very spacious on the inside.
It had rear view camera and Apple play, you just plug in you Apple phone using your USB cord and the home screen of your phone pops up on the screen which is ideal for music and answering/calling whilst on the road

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Overall affordable but not very fancy inside

Pro: affordable if you could bargain with the dealership. Auto folding mirrors are great. Reverse camera and sensors even on the low end model.

Con: not very fuel efficient. Driving in Sydney when traffic is free flowing will still use up to 15L fuel per 100km. Motorway fuel consumption is around 9L/100km. The head unit has very limited functions. Also it doesn't read USB sticks that have NTFS filesystems, it only reads FAT, which is very lame.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

A complete SUV in its budget

I always wnated to buy a SUV that fits into my budget and has all the features that i want. ASX has high ground clearance and bigger wheel base than other cars in this category. excellent driving experience with 4 years warranty and 3 years capped price servicing makes a good deal to buy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Brilliant to drive

The driving experience is excellent, brilliant performance, handling, road noise is minimal, nothing to dislike about the interior, plenty of legroom, very reliable, economical to run, as the price of petrol fluctuates your cost of running this car is subject to your driving distance on any given day, the tank generally gives you at the least 750 kilometres of distance

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Not used to lack of get up & go

Going from a 380 to the ASX is a big change obviously as it has little get up and go when i need it. Im not unhappy but i wish i looked further into it. Id have gone for a stronger exceleration result. I added ryno roof racks so it looks great all in black but over all i think i should bot have rushed un so my own fault. Think it's the xls bot 100% sure. I dont have all my details on ne but I'll find them. As i said I'm not unhappy just not thrilled either but thats life

BadgeIl have to check
Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great Value!! very reliable

Bought a used one he other year there and it has not skipped a beat. Good looking car for it's age and very easy to find space to make. Cannot find any faults and for a car it's size it has very good fuel efficiency which is also a plus.

BadgeAspire
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2015

Wonderful

I love driving with this car. Soft, under control, low cost and with the same power on the road and the city. With enough space for the driver and the occupants. I'm pleased with the acceleration of this car and its dimensions are great for parking. I wish the camera had 360 degrees. I had driven 18,000 kilometers and had no small trouble.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Got rid of it

I'll give it credit by saying it's a nice looking car.

But when your brand new car is an automatic, and it STALLS, what more can I really say about it?
An automatic should by no means stall when you are sitting at a red light, it turns green, and you put your foot on the accelerator (and normal acceleration, not flooring it).
Take it to the dealership I got it from and they look at it and can't find any faults. Won't replace it either.

Ended up getting rid of it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Can you remove the roof bars that already come installed on a Mitsubishi ASX 19 model?

My 2016 model ASX Bluetooth has suddenly stopped working. It has stopped putting out a signal for connection. My phone will not pick it up or anymore neither will any other phone for that matter. Is there anyway to reset it? I have read the owners manual, turned the car on/off, turned the audio system on/off and did the same to my phone and there’s still nothing.

How to remove the rear seat to install a seat cover?

ASX XC ExceedASX XC Black EditionASX XC ES ManualASX XC ES AutomaticASX XC LS Automatic, PetrolASX XC ES ADASASX XAASX XBASX XC XLS Automatic, PetrolASX XC XLS Automatic, DieselASX XC LS Manual, PetrolASX XC LS Automatic, DieselASX XC LS ADAS
Starting Price $32,990$26,990$23,990$25,490$28,990$27,990
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)AutomaticContinuously Variable (CVT)ManualAutomaticContinuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolDieselPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars
Doors55555555555
Seats55555555555
Fuel Consumption7.6 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.7 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.6 L/100km6 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.7 L/100km6 L/100km7.6 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 63 L63 L63 L63 L63 L63 L60 L63 L63 L60 L63 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.2 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.2 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L
Max Power110kW @ 6000prm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 3500rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 3500rpm110kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm360Nm @ 1500-2750rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm360Nm @ 1500-2750rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Safety Features ABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera and Traction Control
Extra Features Android Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Heated Seats, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice Control
Ground Clearance205 mm205 mm205 mm205 mm205 mm205 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,300 kg1,300 kg1,300 kg1,300 kg1,300 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2016Sep 2018Jan 2010Jan 2012Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2017
Discontinuation dateDec 2012Dec 2014Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018