Mitsubishi ASX

Mitsubishi ASX (page 2 of 10)

XC (2014-2019), XB (2012-2014) and XA (2010-2012)

See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kim S

Kim S

Reliable, economic, small family suv

My ASX has not skipped a beat since I bought it. It is economic on fuel and has all the standard features expected in newer model cars nowadays at a great price. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to all of the recalls it's had and the acceleration is at times laggy. Also wish the 60/40 split on the rear seats was on the opposite side. Big portion currently on passengers side, which when you have one child is usually the side they sit on so you don't get them out roadside. This limits how much you can load into it when only the small side can be folded down.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Hayley

HayleySydney

Extremely happy with my purchase choice! Love my ASX!

I have owned my auto ASX for just over 1 year now, it is an absolute dream to drive, great sound system, very fuel efficient and I love the size and height of the car. Would love if it had better towing capacity but what it’s built for in being a city SUV it’s fantastic! Reverse camera is a great feature however it doesn’t have the best quality camera. It also doesn’t have a built in GPS or Apple car play which is really outdated but I have not missed these features. Definitely a great purchase if you are looking for something with good safety standards, excellent after care and servicing and good fuel efficiency that looks nice and has good speed.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Neil E

Neil EBrisbane

Squeaking pedal

I have had my Mitsubishi Asx since October 2015. It has been and still is a great car to drive. It has done 27,700 kilometres. At 26,500 kilometres it developed a squeaking brake pedal when depressing and releasing brake pedal. Told it was wear and tear plus age. The noise is VERY annoying. A gross irritation for such a great car.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
h3x

h3xAU

Great but many recalls

This is a lovely car. It drives smoothly and is nippy and easy to park. Great family car. However there have been well over 5 recalls on in and its getting a bit ridiculous going in every 6 months for a recall issue. I dont think ive ever owned a car with so many recalls! Also the seats are a bit hard.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Kscrapbooker

KscrapbookerMelbourne

Interior good quality

Love this car, had Peugeot 4008 basic which was written off due to tree falling on it in storm. Asx is identical to 4008 but with extras, leather seats,seat warmer,larger wheels,external mirrors closing to car, navigation system, I had basic Peugeot but replaced with top of range ASX at same price, both cars have.the Mitsubishi motor and the Interior is identical to look at but 8,000 extras with the Asx and same price as my basic Peugeot 4008.very pleased

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Toni

Toniwallaroo

ok car.You get what you pay for

I live in the country so it doesn't get stop start city driving, I use my car every day.The car is ok nothing fancy. Interior is nice. My 2010 ASX is a 4wd that I have never used. If I did ,car is too low so would be like a snow plough. Had an auto years ago hubby used to say it sounded like a cow and this sounds the same when accelerating. Has a bit of power when needed This doesn't have the computer screen inside like newer models. Overall 2010 ASX is ok. Its a clean sporty looking car

BadgeAspire
Date PurchasedSep 2015

Jess

Jess

Good family car

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Bob

BobHarrington, NSW, 2427

Performing as you would expect.

It is a pleasure to drive. I had the space saver replaced with same size spare with my purchase. It fuel consumption is good, especially on long hauls. Installed a 'fit my car' protector mat in the boot because of the degree of painy scratches when placing my walking frame into/out of the boot. Have had 3 recalls seen to and there is one still be determined.
Great car with great engine/gearbox performance.
Would recommend this vehicles to others wishing to purchase one.

Engine Size1.8L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Lee

Lee

Happy with Purchase

I have the 2015 model and regularly drive 300km to the country to visit family. I find it handles well, is comfortable to drive, and fuel efficient. It accelerates well. I feel safe driving this car. My only complaints are the space-saver spare (they're useless for highway driving), and there is a ledge where the hatch closes so putting heavy or awkward sized things into the boot can chip the paint.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ebony

EbonyPerth

Perfect size car!

I bought my Mitsubishi Manual Silver ASX in December 2015. The car is a great size, lots of room throughout the car and also in the boot. Easy to park. I love having the reverse camera, very helpful. The car is quiet and sleek looking. The car has been reliable, a couple of recalls but were seen to as soon as required. Other than that, I like my ASX.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2015

Amy

Amy

I love my ASX

This car is so beautiful to drive, it is so quiet and handles so well. I do find the interior quality is a little cheap but compared to other turbo suv's on the market it is amazing value for money. There is plenty of space for kid seats and comes with a lot of little luxury things that make it a pleasure to own. I wish the service team was as good as the car.

Engine Size2.2L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedDec 2014

GymJunky23

GymJunky23Canberra

Good All round small SUV

Has been a great, reliable car, decent on fuel, we have the 2013 XLS, heated/leather seats is pretty awesome, but the latest round of recalls is why it gets 4 instead of 5. And also since we put the baby seat in, we realized how small the rear seat is. But in saying that, I would buy another one.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Dbuz

DbuzWestern District, VIC

I have had two ASX cars and think they are great

The Mitsubishi ASX is amazing value and a reliable, safe and visually appealing car. I recently had to buy new car and after comparing various makes, I decided to return to an ASX. For less than the cost of another make I was able to get the ADAS version with extra safety features.

BadgeLS ADAS
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Sonja

SonjaPerth

ASX still lacking

After reading the other reviews of AXS. I have come to the decision that i must obviously be used to a better class of car. The poxy cup holders in the back seat doesn't make up for the obvious lack of features i was used to in my previous car. Still very disappointed with lack of luxuries for the top model. And not even able to adjust windows or put on radio after turning off engine. I paid 41k to add some features to make it look better. I'm now looking at a Jeep or Nissan. Handling OK, nothing special. Aircon not the best for passengers at the back

BadgeASX
Date PurchasedJun 2017
Monique

MoniqueOxenford

Perfect smoky car

My Mitsubishi asx is a perfect small family car. The precision of the reverse mirror is exact and now I’m finding myself using it more than I should. We love our Mitsubishi asx and wouldn’t go with any other car. The black is a really nice colour we absolutely love iy

Date PurchasedAug 2013
George Kow

George KowGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A good workhorse for the price

We were looking for an entry level SUV as a family car. My wife has chosen the ASX over the Kia Sportage. Honestly I was disappointed but when I started driving the ASX I started to love it. Not a bad car at all for $25000.
The car can be noisy on the road, fuel economy is ok and there are enough room at the front and back.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Sammy

Sammy

Superb suv

Superb car ,so many function in it ,seets are most comfortable, on back seat is has coffee mug holder on the front solar charg lights ,stairing super smooth,bid boot spece , big spece on front seets super climate control function no need to control ac trampeture again and again.happy to buy

Badge24000
Engine Size25000
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Goose G

Goose GBrisbane

2018 Facelifted model looks good, but that’s about it...

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Laurie Fisher

Laurie Fisher

The best purchase I have ever made

I purchased my 2017 Mitsubishi ASX about 4 months ago and I have never been happier!
They are a beautifully car to drive, very spacious on the inside.
It had rear view camera and Apple play, you just plug in you Apple phone using your USB cord and the home screen of your phone pops up on the screen which is ideal for music and answering/calling whilst on the road

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Michael

MichaelSydney

Overall affordable but not very fancy inside

Pro: affordable if you could bargain with the dealership. Auto folding mirrors are great. Reverse camera and sensors even on the low end model.

Con: not very fuel efficient. Driving in Sydney when traffic is free flowing will still use up to 15L fuel per 100km. Motorway fuel consumption is around 9L/100km. The head unit has very limited functions. Also it doesn't read USB sticks that have NTFS filesystems, it only reads FAT, which is very lame.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

real books booklover

real books bookloverasked

I have a 2018 ASX, why do I have to connect my phone via the USB port in order for it show on the display? I thought it should be there automatically when it is paired with the car.

Simon M.

Simon M.asked

ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol

i have a 2016 mitsubishi asx GA does it have timing belt or chain?

DMCasked

I imported a 2015 mistubishi asx from Japan to Jamaica and cannot get the timezones for North America & the Caribbean on the display. Everytime i set the clock to local date and time once the car is turned off and starts it goes back to the timezones around Japan. Any suggestions/answers?

JonD
JonD

Hi. I had a similar problem with my 2014. I would set the tone to local, but whenever I parked off and returned to the car the time display would gain 2hrs. I would reset again but every time I started again, same problem. After about 3 weeks and numerous resets, I has almost given up but then miraculously it suddenly maintained the correct time.
I don't recall having done anything differently on the time settings, but it's been correct now for a lib time.
I was going to buy a dashboard clock off Wish as I find the time display too small (in normal mode), but haven't done so as it's now displaying the correct time.

DMC

Ok! I will try that! Hopefully mine will stick too. If not I'll just have to buy that dashboard clock. Thank you!

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives

Mitsubishi ASX XC Exceed

Mitsubishi ASX XC Exceed (2018-2019)

Mitsubishi ASX XC Black Edition

Mitsubishi ASX XC Black Edition (2018-2019)

1 review
Mitsubishi ASX XC ES Manual

Mitsubishi ASX XC ES Manual (2018-2019)

Mitsubishi ASX XC ES Automatic

Mitsubishi ASX XC ES Automatic (2018-2019)

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol (2016-2019)

Mitsubishi ASX XC ES ADAS

Mitsubishi ASX XC ES ADAS (2018-2019)

Mitsubishi ASX XA
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi ASX XA (2010-2012)

Mitsubishi ASX XB
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi ASX XB (2012-2014)

Mitsubishi ASX XC XLS Automatic, Petrol
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi ASX XC XLS Automatic, Petrol (2016-2018)

Mitsubishi ASX XC XLS Automatic, Diesel
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi ASX XC XLS Automatic, Diesel (2016-2018)

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Manual, Petrol
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Manual, Petrol (2016-2018)

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Diesel
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS Automatic, Diesel (2016-2018)

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS ADAS
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi ASX XC LS ADAS (2017-2018)

1 review
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $32,990$26,990$23,990$25,490$28,990$27,990
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)AutomaticContinuously Variable (CVT)ManualAutomaticContinuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolDieselPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors55555555555
Seats55555555555
Fuel Consumption7.6 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.7 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.6 L/100km6 L/100km7.6 L/100km7.7 L/100km6 L/100km7.6 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 63 L63 L63 L63 L63 L63 L60 L63 L63 L60 L63 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.2 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L4 Cylinder 2.2 L4 Cylinder 2.0 L
Max Power110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 3500rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 3500rpm110kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm360Nm @ 1500-2750rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm360Nm @ 1500-2750rpm197Nm @ 4200rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
  • Sunroof
Ground Clearance205 mm205 mm205 mm205 mm205 mm205 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,300 kg1,300 kg1,300 kg1,300 kg1,300 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2016Sep 2018Jan 2010Jan 2012Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2017
Discontinuation dateDec 2012Dec 2014Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018