Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series

SRK20ZSXA-W (2.0 kW), SRK25ZSXA-W (2.5 kW), SRK35ZSXA-W (3.5 kW), etc...

• Heating / Cooling Speed

Great energy efficient appliance

Bought three of these units for the offspring’s bedrooms. Purchased mainly on energy efficiency rating and touted reliability. These units were very easy for sparky to install. Easy to program and fantastic on energy efficiency. Boys in particular would turn on in summer evening and run at 18 degrees all night (especially during the heatwave), sleeping under a doonah all through summer. I roasted them about electricity use but power bill was <$10 dollars more. Units are quiet inside and love the programable Directional air flow. Highly recommend this unit.

Purchased in February 2019 at Wholesaler for $795.00.

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Doug

Doug

A great air conditioner, does everything perfect.

Operates great with high demand and extended usage.

Very satisfied with its features and controls and performance when using different settings.

Handles all extreme weather conditions with ease.

Very happy with this unit.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,400.00.

Pranay Sharma

Pranay SharmaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A nearly perfect unit, for house.

It’s ahead, that’s why they named it *avanti*, of its time and truly reliable to each cent. Perfect for Australian environment and conditions. Lighter on pockets when used for longer period of time.

Purchased in June 2019 for $900.00.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

GGADS

GGADSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Avanti is the best air con I've ever owned

We have a west facing largish bedroom. In summer it gets hot, in winter it gets cold. We had ducted airconditioning and heating for years for the house but soon found it couldn't cope with the extremes of weather. So we moved to room split air conditioners instead and we are delighted by the lower running costs and the better comfort. It is a little more visually intrusive with the fan unit on the wall compared to a duct in the floor but that's a small quibble.

We selected this based on the reviews by Choice Magazine and couldn't be happier.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $899.00.

Couldn’t live in our house without it

A great investment for us, we bought 3, one for each bedroom. Small rooms, more than enough power, we put on low/auto and leave on all night. Quiet enough to not disturb our sensitive first born, even when we need to change the setting while she’s asleep. No problems at all. Probably too powerful or our tiny rooms to be honest!! (3x4m-ish). We wouldn’t be able to sleep in our room or have the kids in their rooms without these units, our home isn’t well insulated. Our energy bill has gone up, unavoidable I guess.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,000.00.

Grant T

Grant TSydney Surrounds, NSW

Efficiency plus

Awesome little unit! I originally bought the unit for its 7 star rating to put into a bedroom. Monitoring the electricity it uses though a solar smart meter and it’s basically uses nothing as you have to search the graphs to see if it’s on, can leave it on 24/7 without seeing any impact on your bill.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

Karen Reid

Karen ReidSydney Surrounds, NSW

Energy efficient !!!

I have had no problems with high demand or extended usage of the unit. Performance and ease of use is good. Works well in all conditions. 5.0 kw is perfect for my small open plan living/dining/kitchen area.

Purchased in August 2019 at Private Installer.

Robert Suhr

Robert SuhrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Unit: Would buy again

Has worked well during very high temperatures (around 40C) and warms well in below 20C temps. Running costs lower than expected. Remote is easy to use. Internet connection (separate purchase) very useful.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,200.00.

pmaver

pmaverAU

Dodgey cash back offer ruined the purchase experience

Yeah OK, nothing special l suppose thats why they had to make a dodgy cash back offer they never intended to pay. We’ll avoid any product offering cash back from now on.

Purchased in August 2019 for $2,000.00.

russnoz

russnozPilbara, WA

Worth the extra cost

In June 2019 I put three of these 2.0kW into smaller bedrooms (4 x 4 mtrs) because I was impressed by both low noise and low running cost of the larger units. in 2018 I put MHI 5.0kW and 3.5kW in the lounge/kitchen and master bedroom
The smaller units are even better and all 5 of the units easily cool down the rooms they are in even on summer days at 45 degrees.
There are cheaper a/c units around but you get what you pay for, although I shopped around and with MHI cashback promotion (repaid by MHI 6 weeks after purchase) I got the three units for $850 each.

Purchased in June 2019 at suburban splits perth for $900.00.

Kristy Morris

Kristy MorrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome System

This split system has lots of usable features and us easy to operate. The system is quite, it cools or heats the house quickly and effortlessly.
Love it so happy with this product.

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,600.00.

Jeff Z

Jeff Z

Great Unit quiet and effective summer and winter.

Heats well cannot complain about that did struggle a little last summer on those ridiculous 40+ days but overall does a good job. Would recommend to others. Very quiet when running cannot fault it.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

SGibson007

SGibson007Victoria, Australia

I Don't How I Survived 24 years WITHOUT IT

My split system air-conditioning was installed a year ago, and I'm ABSOLUTELY OVER the MOON.
As a person on a pension, I've kept meticulous records of when I used the air-conditioning, and one year later my electricity bill is significantly in credit.
Owing to the fact that my landlord installed the air-conditioning, as the gas heaters we deemed unsafe, I was concerned about the running cost, the energy rating website helped enormously, and I'm actually using system way less than the projected data I used to budget - I would highly recommend this particular system, very efficient, and it heats or cools very quickly, 6 STARS, couldn't be happier...

Purchased in June 2019.

AMAZING AIR CONDITIONER

I could not be happier with my new Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner. It's so quiet and effective I sometimes forget it's even on!!! Thank You so much Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,400.00.

Squiggles

SquigglesCentral Queensland, QLD

Cannot fault this air conditioner

Upgraded our entire home with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries units - 6 in all. The difference between the old and new is astounding. The units are extremely quiet, we hardly notice that they are on. There are many different settings on the control remote to suite our every need. All I can say is, that they are brilliant and we would certainly consider this product again.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys.

Tivi

TiviCanberra

Very efficient product

It works very well with high demand or extended usage
I am very satisfied with its performance when used at maximum settings
The AC worked very well under cooling conditions than with heating.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,800.00.

Love the COP

I love the efficiency of this unit. It draws a mere 380 watts which if I were connected to mains would lower my power bill. But in my case with such a high COP I can run the airconditioner all night with minimal drop in my off grid battery charge.

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,000.00.

Peter M

Peter MPerth, WA

Whisper quiet and EFFICIENT

HIGHLY rated on Choice magazine and I can now see why. Very efficient and very quiet. Also has optional iPhone app to turn on / off / schedule... even through the internet whilst overseas...

10/10 would buy again, Enjoy.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,925.00.

Stjepan Marcelja

Stjepan MarceljaKambah 2902, ACT

Absolutely quiet and highly efficient

We replaced an old system and are stunned by the silent and pleasant operation of this unit. The air stream is gentle and not noticeable, and it keeps us warm in Canberra winter. Outside unit is also very, very quiet. The system is intelligent, and unnoticeably changes operational parameters to maintain the temperature with least obtrusion.

STENEN GIBSON

STENEN GIBSON

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

I've recently had this split system air-conditioning installed by the Office of Housing, in the six (6) days since installation, I'm absolutely & utter impressed. I've been living in my unit for 23 yrs, with traditional gas heating, which eventually had to be replaced - until now, I've never ever had to air-conditioning, it's been like joining the 21st century - I'm very very much impressed.

Purchased in June 2019.

See all Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series reviews

Tibor

Tiborasked

Avanti PLUS SRK25ZSXA-W (2.5 kW)

Do any of your distributors in Qld have any stock?

Alain

Alainasked

Avanti PLUS Series

How to turn off motion sensors so the unit continues to run without anyone in the room? (SRK50ZSXA-W)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners
Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Alain,

You can refer to page 12, 25 and 30 of the user manual to learn more about the motion sensor and the 'eco operation' including how to turn it off. I've listed below the link to download the manual.

Hope this helps however if you have any other questions, you can contact us on 1300 138 007.

Lizz

Lizzasked

Avanti PLUS Series

I plan to install air- con to two adjacent small bedrooms. Should I get 2 x Avanti (2kw) or one multi-split 4kw (SCM-ZS) ? I am comparing them in terms of operation efficiency, economy and cost of installation. Please advise. Thanks

russell hiscock
russell hiscock

I would think that 2 smaller will be much cheaper. When I looked the multi was $$$.
Not sure about efficiency but I'd suspect the same answer.
Unless it is a really difficult installation

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners
Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Lizz,

Given every installation is different and there are a number of factors to consider including room size, insulation type, window size and location, etc. we recommend speaking to a local installer who can recommend the best solution for your space.

You can find your local dealer on the page below or if you click 'Request a Quote' and leave some details, we'll get an authorised installers to get in touch to discuss further with you.

See all Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

Compare all 5 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,100.00$1,380.00$1,622.00$2,172.00
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Power2 kW2.5 kW3.5 kW5 kW
Heating Power2.7 kW3.2 kW4.3 kW6 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 7 stars6 stars4.5 stars3.5 stars
Heating Energy Rating 7 stars6 stars5 stars4 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46
Operating Temperature for Heating-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)YesYesYesYes
Indoor Unit Dimensions 305 x 920 x 220 mm305 x 920 x 220 mm305 x 920 x 220 mm305 x 920 x 220 mm
Indoor Weight13 kg13 kg13 kg13 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level38 dB39 dB43 dB43 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 640 x 800 x 290 mm640 x 800 x 290 mm640 x 800 x 290 mm640 x 800 x 290 mm
Outdoor Weight43 kg43 kg43 kg43 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level38 dB39 dB43 dB43 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level58 dB58 dB62 dB62 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare all 5 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series