Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series Questions & Answers

SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW), SRK80ZRA-W (8.0kW), SRK95ZRA-W (9.5kW), etc...

41 questions from our users

Chris T.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Hi can you please tell me the difference between SRK71ZRA-W and MSZAP71VGKIT models
There both 7.1 systems but have $500 difference between them

Scott Smeal
Scott Smeal

Hi Chris, mate I don't know. Maybe one is flued and not the other ??

Chris T.

I worked it out. There different company's. 1 is Mitsubishi electric. And the other is Mitsubishi heavy industries.
I didnt realise there were 2 different company's. The good guys sells one and harvey norman sell the other.

Matt G

Matt Gasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I am looking to install a 7.1kw Bronte unit soon and it will be a back to back install. I was looking at the installation manual and can’t seem to find the minimum refrigerant pipe length. It says maximum 30m run but not a minimum. I know some other models are noisy if the pipe run is too short, so I was just wondering if there is a minimum pipe run length between indoor and outdoor units.

my unit is back to back with outside only 30cm below

not noisy

Hi Matt,

The minimum pipe length depends on a few different factors but normally we recommend minimum should be approx 2m. We recommend all installations are done by a licence professional who should be able to confirm this and provide some more information.

If you haven't already found a dealer or installer, you can find your local one here -https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/

Hope this helps!

Trevor Gray

Trevor Grayasked

user manual

Hi Trevor,

You can find the user manual for our Bronte series here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/bronte-user-manual/

Trevor Gray

Trevor Grayasked

operating instructions

Jacqueline T.asked

Bronte Series

Am considering purchasing Mitsubishi Bronte 7.1. Wondering what it is likely to cost per hour to operate for cooling and also for heating ?
Thankyou

Ian

It all depends on what kilowatt Hour rate your electricity retailer charges you. Find that out and multiply by 7,1 and that should be the maximum hourly cost if the unit has to run fully hard on all the time. The rate will show on your last Power Bill.

For example my peak cost is 34 cents per KwH x 6.1 equals 207 cents per hour. I have time of use metering and get charged 17 cent per kwh outside peak times. Look at your power bill for the hourly rate, it is usually in cents.

KwH is kilowatt Hours

For Summer I set my 6.1 unit at 18 C for cooling and the house gets to 22 C in 40 degree outside temperatures and in winter I set the unit at 27 C for warmth, the house gets to 22C when set to 27 C when the outside temperature is minus 5 c and I have high ceilings and no insulation in my double brick cottage. Hope this helps a bit.

In Summer I ran my 6.1 unit 24 hours a day for 21 days set at 18 C and my total quarterly bill was $276, it cuts in and out once the set temperature is reached. It is not always running at maximum power.

Hi Jacqueline,

When working out running costs, there's a number of factors to consider including how much you're currently paying for kW/hr, how many hours you use the unit, the temperature you set the unit to, the location of the unit, size of your room, etc.

We'd suggest using the handy energy calculator below to get an idea of potential running costs:

We also have some handy blogs on our website which provide some more information regarding running costs and how to keep them down. Hope this helps!

Thankyou . That will help me. Very much appreciated

Robert T.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Hi Can you please advise what are the feature differences between the Bronte SRK71ZRA compared to the SRK60ZSWA Avanti Plus model apart from the size kw

Hi Robert,

While the Bronte series and Avanti PLUS series do share many standard features and functions, The Avanti PLUS is our Platinum Series and has some additional ones including a motion sensor and eco-operation (turning the unit into standby when it detects an empty room), improved and more accurate temperature control and improved internal components. The Avanti PLUS also has a more modern design and won the Australian Good Design Award last year.

They both suit similar size spaces (refer to the sizing chart or full split systems brochure for more info). Hope this helps but if you need anymore clarification, please let me know.

Robert T.

Hi Glen, thank you for the information it confirmed my preference to purchase the Avanti Plus.
Can you also advise if there are new models of the Avanti Plus range being released this year.
Rob

Hi Robert,

At the moment - there are no plans for any new models within the Avanti PLUS series.

Michael R.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

i have been setting my new SRK71 to start up in the morning on 21 and 30-40 minutes later the room is at 24/25. this is great for warmth but not for electricity usage. i have come down to start up of 19 but it still heats to 24/25. is there something wrong ?

Hi Michael,

If you are using a separate temperature sensor to measure room temp, it's likely that it will always show a different temperature that what the unit is registering as the units temperature sensor is located in the indoor unit. This is especially true if your independent sensor is located underneath the unit itself.

You may want to try reducing the fan speed on the unit. If you still find the unit seems to be overheating the room on a lower temperature and fan speed, I suggest contacting us on 1300 138 007 for some further troubleshooting.

Michael R.

thank you for your reply. the independent temperature sensor is 5 - 6 metres from the unit and the fan is on minimum speed. i will ring the number you have supplied.

Sue

Sueasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

What is the difference between SRK71ZRA-W and DXK24ZRA-A-W? Choice has rated the former but no listing for the latter.

Hi Sue,

The model numbers are slightly different depending on where you purchase the unit from however the SRK71ZRA-W and DXK24ZRA-W are exactly the same model (technical specifications, remote, features/functions, etc.). The CHOICE recommendations were given prior to the DXK model being released however it wold still apply to the 7.1kW Bronte model.

Hope this helps but if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

Noel W.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I bought an SRK71ZRA-W Bronte series last week. Your user manual for that model, on page 15 Cool/Heat/Dry/Fan Mode operation, recommends setting Cool range at 26c -28c & Heat range 22c - 24c Surely the cool range figures are a mistake! Surely you mean 16c - 18c ?

Hi Neil,

The temperatures given in the manual are recommendations to provide a comfortable temperature while also providing the best energy efficiency. Of course everyone is different so if you find it is still too warm, you can set the temperature lower (say 21c-22c) however the unit will then use more power.

Noel W.

Thank you for getting back.

Terry R

Terry Rasked

Bronte Series

What size unit do i need for a 50 sqm room?

Ian

The Bronte Brochure says the 6.3 will do 50 sq mtrs if you have an insulated roof and brick veneer or full brick cladding. Look for the bronte brochure on line and download the PDF and confirm for yourself.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Terry, There are quite a few factors to consider when sizing up a unit for your home so we'd recommend referring to our handy room sizing chart which you can find online here -https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/. We'd also recommend chatting to one of our authorised installers who can provide some recommendations and a quote. If you visit our 'Where to Buy' page you can find your local installer. https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/

Tony Dasked

Bronte Series

Hi, I just got my MHI Bronte 9.5 installed based on reviews here and choice but already having issues. One issue is the room temp sensor or similar seems to be way off actual meaning you have to set the remote to the minimum setting of 18 to get the room to 21-22. This is being investigated by MHI so hopefully gets resolved soon as it leaves me with no control to get the temps lower. I'll write a a review on here once I have an outcome from the support team. I hope it's positive. One other thing I noticed is the temp can not be set lower than 18 in heat mode? This is really disappointing and unexceptable as it is quite normal to be able to set it to 16 deg overnight. I've checked with competitors such as Fujitsu and they will go down to 16 deg. Looking for an answer from MHI but also other customers with Bronte units. Can yours go down to 16 in heat mode? Thanks

Ian

I think that it is a matter of getting use to your unit in your unique building area of the home. When cooling I set it at 18C and the next room gets down to 22C, this is fine I feel. It all depends on how big your area is and if you have insulation. My brick cottage does not have insulation. It works great in 40+ C outside temperatures.

Tony D

Thanks Ian. It is my understanding that if you set the unit to 18 which I have never had to do with any AC, the room temp that the unit is installed in should be near enough (within a deg or so). In my case I just had the MHI tech out today and one of the test he performed showed the unit would not ramp up and cool the room lower then 22.5 deg with the unit set on 18 and on HI mode. The remote wont go lower than 18 and it shouldn't have to in cool mode. We were measuring input power and it was pretty much idling on low power instead of ramping up to cool the room. He's going to return with a new system board and sensors in hope that's the fix. I'm glad at least he confirmed my suspicion that the unit was not operating correctly. This is my 5th AC and I'm familiar with how they should be operating. MHI were great enough to send the tech out pretty quick so I just hope the next visit sees the unit fixed. I'll update here once it's all done.

Cmehono

Cmehonoasked

Bronte SRK63ZRA-W (6.3kW)

whole house is 100sq mts in sub tropical area, are 2 of these big enough, one at each end of weather board house?

Hi There,

I'd suggest referring to our sizing chart to give you an idea of what would size would best suit your space - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/. We'd also suggest speaking to a local installer as there are a few other factors to consider including how many windows you might have, their size and which direction they face. You can find your local installer by vising our 'Where to Buy' page and entering your postcode -https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy

Saravan S.

Saravan S.asked

Where is this made

Thailand

Saravan S.

Saravan S.asked

Where is this made

Tony D

I believe they are made in Thailand

Philip Y.

Philip Y.asked

Bronte Series

Where can I buy new allergen filters

Hi Philip,

You can purchase new filters from MRE, our authorised spare parts supplier - https://www.mrespares.com.au/

Mike

Mikeasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

12 months ago we purchased one of your MHI air conditioners last year - SETDXK24ZRA-W from the Good Guys. Do you still make this model and what is the recommended cost ? ? Thankyou Mike.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Mike, The DXK24ZRA-W is our 7.1kW Bronte model and also goes by the model number of SRK71ZRA-W. The Good Guys still sell this model however I suggest visiting their website for pricing - https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/mitsubishi-heavy-industries

SPARKYasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

can i get a drawing of the indoor mounting plate for the bronte 7.1 kw split REGARDS LOU

Hi,

Dimensions and a diagram for the mounting plate are usually included in the short installation guide which comes with the unit however if you wanted to email us (marketing@mhiaa.com.au) I can send through some more information.

SPARKY

I have not bought the unit yet I need to know the dimensions before I do lou

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Lou, As per my previous comment, if you wanted to email us at marketing@mhiaa.com.au we can see how we can help.

Jasper Z.asked

Bronte Series

I have the Bronte SRK71ZRA-W AC unit. I would like to know more about the ALLERGEN CLEAR operation. I understand it deactivates and breaks down the captured allergens, including any bacteria, mould or viruses they may be carrying. I wonder if it purifies the air and removes PM 2.5 particles as well?

I also notice the AC is no longer blowing cool air when Allergen Clear is on. I would need to wait 90 minutes for it to complete it seems. Can this function be operational without interrupting the cooling operation?

Thanks,
Jasper.

HG

I believe it can only run one operation at a time so no to cooling when filtering.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Jasper. The Bronte series incorporates a separate photocatalytic filter which does capture fine particles such as PM 2.5 particles. Regarding the Allergen Clear Operation, the unit cannot run in heating or cooling operation when this has been activated. Hope this helps but if you need anymore clarification, please let us know.

Jasper Z.

Thanks. I was hoping it could run both functions simultaneously, which would be more practical in my scenario since I have indoor pets constantly producing allergen in the air.

Dreamwlf

Dreamwlfasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

What amperage does it take to run this unit

HG

Hi my installer did tell me. I think it was fairly high 17 -18amps? Must have its own feed from the power board on a separate circuit and fuse. No way would it be safe on the normal house circuit. It would cause an overload.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi There. Running current depends on which operation the system is current in however it usually varies between 7.8 and 9.4 with 240V supply. Maximum running current is 17A.

Christine R.

Christine R.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Do these air cons have recycled air

Hi Christine,

All our split systems draw in air from within your home before cooling/heating this and then recirculating it. They do not draw in any air from outside. Hope this answers your question!

HG

As Glen said that is correct and exactly how you want it too work otherwise it would be continually heating or cooling new air which would be very costly. I would also add this aircon a can also be set to filter and dehumidify the air in the house as well as cool and heat. I am very happy with mine and it is extremely quiet both inside and out. Easy to leave running when going to bed so be careful.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives