Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series

SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW), SRK80ZRA-W (8.0kW), SRK95ZRA-W (9.5kW), etc...

Rex Everett

Rex EverettMurray Region, NSW

Performs far better than we expected

Great efficiency and output over a long period of time. Easy to use with a wide variety of heating and cooling options. Has performed well in the very hot and the very cold as well as during the milder times.

Purchased in May 2019.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

makaleka4

makaleka4

Only installed yesterday, based on reviews here and Choice

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,550.00.

Excellent Unit

Great unit. Quiet and reliable.
Controller has been a bit dodgy (it looses memory and saved changes, but I think this is because we control the unit with the WIFI module more). I installed with Wifi and I use this for all functions. I've set up scenes on the wifi controller App so it operates at specific temps and fan speed and louvre directions at the various times of the day that is suitible (this feature is brilliant).
We use the unit to heat mulitiple rooms, through doorways - its not how its supposed to be used, but it works great for our purpose (could use a 2kW system in the room its in).
Price was great, quality is great.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Scott SmealIllawarra, NSW

Great unit.

The unit is in my elderly Mum's area of the dwelling and works very well, both cooling and heating. No problems at all. Would highly recommend. The remote a little fiddly to operate as she is vision impaired.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$2,000.00.

Great

Performs well. No problems. Heats/cools our family area very well and I like to be able to customise the settings … up/down, left/right etc. The weekly timer looks complex so I haven't used it yet. The on/off timer is simple and straightforward. Its is delightful to get up in the morning to an already warm room.

Derek Barnard

Derek BarnardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant, best Aircon we have purchased

Our unit handles the worst weather Brisbane sent our way, the machine is very effective in both cooling and heating, is whisper quiet and is a lot cheaper to run than our old unit

Room Type Living/Dining Area

It runs quietly and does an efficient job of cooling and heating the house. This is the fourth unit I’ve purchased.

Very satisfied with the units. I’ve purchased 4 over several years and have had no problems with them so far. I would recommend them to my friends as they’re a good reliable product.

Purchased in February 2018.

Room Type Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom

The 'Goldilocks' air conditioner, i.e. just right.

Copes fine with high demand; controls and performance are good, although we only use a very limited range of settings; works well in extreme conditions and we are well satisfied with it..

Purchased in January 2019 at Local electrician.

bushmagpie

bushmagpieAU

Leaves the old one for dead.

Replaced a 20 year old Carrier unit with this one. With the cooler weather and where we live it has been running 24/7 for a few months now. Great to get up to a warm house and come home to a warm house. No dearer to run than the old one because of advances in technology over 20 years. Took a while to work out the remote control and have to remember to regularly clean the internal filters for maximum efficiency. The one thing I would have liked was for it to have a lower minimum setting on heating. Lowest setting is 18C whereas the Kelvinator units in the bedrooms can go down to 16C.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys Shepparton for A$1,799.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor

Phil Harris

Phil HarrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

All Good

System works fine as expected, installer was very helpful by sugesting a better sized unit to suit the area.
The unit has worked fine since installation. It's a high traffic area and is coping well.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Peter Venning

Peter VenningSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great A/C

Excellent a/c...quiet and covers the area we wanted it to. The only negative is that I don't know how to use the remote control...I'm not sure what the icons mean.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$1,400.00.

Palerang

PalerangSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

It works, most of the time

This system was chosen by the installation company: all I wanted was Mitsubishi Heavy Industry. Sadly, they needed to install it at the lower part of the open space which has impacted on its performance. That said, I still believe Mitsubishi Heavy is the good company but this system does struggle to cool the floor above. I think this is thermodynamics. Also, if you need it to cool a lot below the ambient temperature, it throws a fault. But you can re-set it to just a bit below, and then keep lowering the temperature.

Garry WilsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good but air flow control not accurate

Does the job of heating and cooling but the air flow control on heating is not matching the selected positions. Would like to have more manual control of the air flow directions to eliminate cold draft areas, economical to run considering the area to condition. I have a power monitor on the unit and once up to temperature it will run at about 1.1kW to 1.4kW which is good in my opinion for a unit of 9.5kW.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$3,300.00.

Garry Wilson

Using the remote control is not what I call manual control, the
remote control only goes to the position the manufacture decides if
I want a position that's not predetermined by the manufacturer it's
not possible

Hi Garry,

The unit has a wide variety of settings that would allow you to achieve the airflow you're after so I'd maybe suggest contacting our customer service team on 1300 138 007 who can help you through some troubleshooting.

Alexis Davison

Alexis DavisonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quiet and very effective

The mitsubishi unit is very quiet and heats and cools extremely effectively. I have been impressed by the fact that it heats/cools my whole kitchen and living area and has not led to exorbitant energy bills.

Purchased in January 2019.

Graham Woodards

Graham WoodardsFar West, NSW

Product is excellent , the company not so,was offered gift cards when purchasing 2 units nothing forthcoming,

Absolutely fantastic, in trying conditions over the summer months ,and excellent performance in cold weather , remote unit easy to read and use, and the units are relatively silent and easy to operate

Purchased in May 2019.

Room Type Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom

David

DavidPerth, WA

Great air conditioning

I researched a heap when going out to purchase a number of units for my house. Found MHI to be consistently the best performing units for the price.
I would recommend these units to anyone and would buy again.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

the one to buy

the cooling cools a very large area and the heating heats instantaneously. it is very effective, cooling and heating. Just what it was bought to do. would highly recommend this unit

Purchased in September 2019 for A$1,900.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area, Small Bedroom and Small Office

Best air conditioner I have owned

No problems in the first year of use. Copes well with extended usage; Easy to use. Haven’t used all the features yet but those I have used work well. I don’t live in an area of extreme conditions.

RodP

RodPSydney, NSW

Love it!

Love the system and we now use it as our main source of heating and put the gas away. The summer was made a lot more bearable with the Mitsubishi!

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$1,739.00.

Anna Wong

Anna WongSydney, NSW

Best Air Conditioner ever

This unit operates so quietly that you don't even know that it is on. The tell tale signs that it is operating, we feel totally comfortable regardless of how hot or cold it appears outside our vast windows. No other unit we've had has been this good

Home Insulation Level Poor

See all Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series reviews

lukeparalowie

lukeparalowieasked

Bronte SRK80ZRA-W (8.0kW)

Just enquiring about whether these air conditioners, or the model I've specified, support being controlled wirelessly via a smartphone app.

Hi Luke,

In order to control the unit via the Smartphone app (connected via Wi-Fi), you will require the MHI-AC-WIFI-1 adaptor which is sold separately.

Hope this helps but if you need anymore information, don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 138 007

Chris T.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Hi can you please tell me the difference between SRK71ZRA-W and MSZAP71VGKIT models
There both 7.1 systems but have $500 difference between them

Scott Smeal

Hi Chris, mate I don't know. Maybe one is flued and not the other ??

Chris T.

I worked it out. There different company's. 1 is Mitsubishi electric. And the other is Mitsubishi heavy industries.
I didnt realise there were 2 different company's. The good guys sells one and harvey norman sell the other.

Hi Chris,

As you mentioned, we are in fact a completely different company from Mitsubishi Electric. While Mitsubishi Electric manufacture a range of appliances, we focus on producing award winning, high quality, high performance air conditioning. To provide some more information - we're proud to recognised by Canstar Blue as having the most satisfied customers of any air conditioner brand in Australia.

You can learn more about those awards and us as a brand on our website below but if you have any questions - don't hesitate to let us know!

Matt G

Matt Gasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I am looking to install a 7.1kw Bronte unit soon and it will be a back to back install. I was looking at the installation manual and can’t seem to find the minimum refrigerant pipe length. It says maximum 30m run but not a minimum. I know some other models are noisy if the pipe run is too short, so I was just wondering if there is a minimum pipe run length between indoor and outdoor units.

my unit is back to back with outside only 30cm below

not noisy

Hi Matt,

The minimum pipe length depends on a few different factors but normally we recommend minimum should be approx 2m. We recommend all installations are done by a licence professional who should be able to confirm this and provide some more information.

If you haven't already found a dealer or installer, you can find your local one here -https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/

Hope this helps!

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives