Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series (page 3 of 12)

SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW), SRK80ZRA-W (8.0kW), SRK95ZRA-W (9.5kW), etc...

Bob

BobNortheast, VIC

Fantastic

It handles weather extremes very well, and is very energy efficient. The controls are excellent. We opted for the wifi module, and while we don't use it very much, it's handy for turning on or controlling the air conditioning of the house via the mobile app in advance of returning home.

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Keith Bowen

Keith BowenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So Good

Works perfectly to keep us cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Could imagine life without both our 7.1 kW and 2.5 kW units. So good we just bought another 2.5kW unit

Bruce

BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great products

Mitsubishi air conditioners are energy efficient andoperate in extreme weather contitions. Easy and simple instructions which makes a change from some manufacturers instructions, we went for the larger unit which gives you a quick knockdown to the desired temperature.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Kris

KrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Auto functionality

Heats & Cools well but the Auto function is questionable in its operation in adjusting to reached room temperature. Often during Auto heating mode set at -2 the room appears a lot warmer than 22 degrees & the unit continues to heat

Robyn G.

Robyn G.

A Great Air Con.

Bought our unit 18 mths ago & used both our wood heater & air con last winter. Due to the soaring cost of wood & the effect on the environment, we are only using the air con this winter & have found it to be very effective as a sole source of heating. It is very efficient, quiet & CLEAN. Summer cooling is excellent even on the hottest days.

Wasted my time and money

Had trouble from the beginning the fitter came back three times one because it wasn’t cooling two for heating issues. Had to put in a claim online but cancelled it because they said I would had to pay for tech to come and look at it. Hardly use it

Phillip Rodger
Phillip Rodger

Sure

Samuel Moseby

Samuel MosebyMid North Coast, NSW

Works a treat

Checked out all the top brands before deciding on the Mitsubishi. Great power ratings and performance. Good brand, but the thing that clinched it for me was speaking with work colleagues & friends and their word of mouth of the product.

David Hammersley

David HammersleyMurray Region, NSW

Got I ask for . Got the bigger unit than recommended so that it would not have to work as hard

* Unit appears to cope well , we have a 4 bedroom home and reaches all rooms comfortably
* We keep it on the low setting all year round at 23 degrees, the downside the remote you need to be standing underneath the unit to operate .
* The unit appears to take breathers on very cold days on low outside temperature. Otherwise does a good job . We have had the unit just on 12 months , just waiting to see how it compares power costs wise

Kathleen Ruijschop

Kathleen RuijschopLaunceston, TAS

Great heat pump

Down in tassie it struggles a little on our cold winter mornings but it does it’s thing and with in 5 minutes ish it’s going again!
I’m glad my husband talked me in to it!

Good allrounder

Met our high expectations of cooling a large room quickly quietly & efficiently with good range of control. Cooling was quick on high settings then easily maintains appropriate temp on lower speeds. Heating has proven to be a great bonus

Max Salmon

Max SalmonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Absolutely necessary

The unit's performance full fills our expectations
The controls enable us to select the features we require for our comfort
We have have had no complaints during the extreme summer conditions

Cam

CamCentral Queensland, QLD

A good product

Q: How well does the unit cope with high demand or extended usage?
A: It copes very well. Has always met demand and I run it most of the day in summer.

Q: How satisfied are you with this product's features/controls and its performance when you apply different settings?
A: It is ok. I don't like the remote because it does not have a backlight so you cannot see the screen properly in low light conditions. Would be much better if it had a backlight with options to turn off the backlight after X seconds.

Q: How well does the air conditioner work in extreme weather conditions?
A: Have not had any extreme weather conditions to test yet.

Great Air Conditioner

Quiet, energy efficient, reliable so far. Have bought a further 9 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries units across three properties. Recommended by Choice. Would recommend to others. Can’t comment on longer term performance.

Very pleased with product

I’m very satisfied with this unit for summer cooling, I have a very large area and works well. The controls are easy to understand. Sorry but I carn’t comment on the heating side as I’m using my gas ducted heating. But it’s always handy to know I have another option if the gas unit fails. Also it was a great price.

mandpharty

mandphartyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

we find this model very good for both heating and cooling its also very silent .

the unit copes very well in high heat as we have temps in the summer of 42c plus and heats in the winter very well and does it all very quietly.

Fantastic Air con & Heater

This model has been fantastic for heating and cooling. I have used it for only short periods for heating given it works so quickly and then longer periods for cooling and has performed sensationally. I have barely noticed any change to my power bill since having it installed. Would definitely recommend to others.

sunny day

sunny dayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Its Beyond Belief

Terry

TerryRichmond-Tweed, NSW

warming problems

Cooling is great however I do find it not heating enough. I find it hard to adjust and distribute the heat. I have to put the temperature up to 28 to get the room comfortable during a cold evening

Patdesigns

PatdesignsHunter Region, NSW

Happy client

Very pleased with performance and in spite of a big unit economically to run,
Would recommend this air con. I have had it through a hot summer and now keeping us warm this winter.

Jay

JaySydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Unit. Be Wary of WiFi.

See all Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series reviews

Matt G

Matt Gasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I am looking to install a 7.1kw Bronte unit soon and it will be a back to back install. I was looking at the installation manual and can’t seem to find the minimum refrigerant pipe length. It says maximum 30m run but not a minimum. I know some other models are noisy if the pipe run is too short, so I was just wondering if there is a minimum pipe run length between indoor and outdoor units.

my unit is back to back with outside only 30cm below

not noisy

Hi Matt,

The minimum pipe length depends on a few different factors but normally we recommend minimum should be approx 2m. We recommend all installations are done by a licence professional who should be able to confirm this and provide some more information.

If you haven't already found a dealer or installer, you can find your local one here -https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/

Hope this helps!

Trevor Gray

Trevor Grayasked

user manual

Hi Trevor,

You can find the user manual for our Bronte series here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/bronte-user-manual/

Trevor Gray

Trevor Grayasked

operating instructions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives