Mitsubishi Challenger PB

27 questions from our users

alrene
alreneasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

oil pump failure need a new motor

Barrie W.
Barrie W.asked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

Does this have a dpf filter

Barrie W.
Barrie W.asked

Does a 2012 Mitsubishi challenger have a dpf filter

Nigel S
Nigel Sasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

How long to change engine in pb challenger

Dan
Danasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

Cig plug in the boot of PB has stopped, can't make sense of the fuse cover - anyone know where I can find a decent diagram of the fuses?

Chris G.
Chris G.asked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

2005 Mitsubishi Challenger will not select "D". Is this a sensor or a more sinister problem and how much to fix please?

Bill Gasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

does the pb mitsubishi challenger have an auto transmission oil cooler?

Richard C
Richard C

Bill, as part of preparation of my vehicle for an extended overland journey, I intended to fit a transmission cooler to my 2005 Challenger. However my local ARB agent informed me that it already had one.

Bill G

Thanks,I read somewhere that the pb series have one as standard which is pretty rare in a vehicle these days.

Bruce G
Bruce Gasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

My diesel challenger has decided that it wants to lack in power. It has no get up and go and does not blow a heap of smoke. I also think one of my onjectors are leaking as i can smell the diesel and see a.couple of spots on the floor. Will this cause the lack of power. Cheers

Ray
Rayasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

Hi gearbox drops out of gear on the dash the d for drive goes out I put it into neutral then it comes back on .it this a computer fault or gearbox it's a 2011 pb challinger .does this model have 10 years power train warranty

Franica C.

Hi mate did you find the problem cause mine does the same thing

Check your inhibitor switch

Joel S.
Joel S.

Any answers? Mine just started doing this also 2011 PB, happened 3 times now past 1000km

Henk j
Henk jasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

How many liters of transmission oil in a Mitsubishi challenger on 2011 diesel automatic PB LS

ghoststonemm
ghoststonemmasked

Does the 10 year powertrain go over to the 2nd owner

Tassie
Tassieasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

I have a 2010 Mitsubishi challenger the turbo cuts in and out alot, took back into dealership the turbo hose was cracked was replaced but still have the same problem what else should I be looking at?

Jazz

Hi did you find the issue? I also have a 2010 mitsi challenger and it does the same thing looses power heaps, I also had a cracked turbo outlet hose but have replaced it. But it's still doing the same problem!

Trevor
Trevorasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

My 2011 4x4 Challenger shows black smoke when cruising around town and larger amounts under power. Fuel consumption is up and when applying slight power from idle has small surging. This all seems to have started since my last service. I didn't replace fuel filter. Any help? Thanks Trevor.

RMF
RMF

Hi Trevor. The 4D56 in the triton and Challengers has a bad habbit of blocking up the intake manifold and causing the symptoms you have described. This is due to the egr allowing soot back into the intake maifold. It can be fixed via removing and cleaning the manifold or by using a chemical cleaning process. Any good workshop with diesel experience should be able to diagnose this and apply the fix. With regard to the surging it is important after servicing these engines that you perform a small injection quality relearn. Make sure the person servicing you Mitsubishi does this.

Robynasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

I had my vehicle into the dealers as the engine light came on. 1st diagnose was nothing wrong, 2nd diagnosis transmission oil need to be changed at a cost of $500, vehicle lost power and engine light has come back on and 3rd diagnosis is that the engine oil has cystallizes and need new engine at a cost of $11,500. What I can understand that when the vehicle was in on the second diagnosis why the engine wasn't checked considering the last time that dealer done a major service on the vehicle was 40,00km ago as our brother does our grease and oil changes as he is a qualified mechanic.......the car is still going but has very limited power. Can the old engine be removed, engine flushed and oil replaced without having to have another engine put in and should the mechanic checked our engine oil previously? Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you...Ro

Gerard T

I would be seeking a second opinion as it doesn’t sound feasible to me that oil would do this unles something was added to the oil maybe transmission fluid?
How may Km has it done

300,000

Ada V
Ada Vasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

I have 300,000 km on my 2010 PB Challenger with no problems. Can I expect another 200,000 km?

Gerard Tasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

I have had the engine recall done with the extra pressure cap and coolant I ha e had it get warm and noticed that it has lost coolant and now looks like it has done a head as there is oil in the coolant and it is loosing coolant.
Should this still be covered as it looks to be the same problem and they have admitted that there is an issue

Hotdog
Hotdogasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

Hi we have a 2012 challenger LS 4wd deisel. Auto.
Our gear box is overheating & staying in 2nd gear,only when towing our van.
I see other people having same problem.
What is the solution, other then a new car,
Help appreciated we are in Hay trying to limp home to the south ccoast nsw.
[email removed]
Janet & Bill

Borgie
Borgie

Do you tow in sports manual mode or leave it in drive??

mike
mikeasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

Pb 2011 challenger has any one have problems with auto trans locking up and stalling engine this is my second trans since new?

Jazz

Yes my challenger done the same found the issue was a blown fuse in the battery terminal box (black fuse box that's connected to the positive battery terminal). My computer systems also had heaps of faults which needed to be cleared as it was confusing the truck.

Steve L
Steve Lasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

Anyone know what the part is called running above the radiator it's some sort of vacuum hose and it has a split in it I need to replace it? It's a Mitsubishi pb 2010 challenger

Rob patroney
Rob patroney

As the engine heats up the engine coolant expands and goes via this tube into the overflow bottle and as the engine cools down its sucks water back into the radiator via this tube. Replace it asap.

Jazz

Maybe the outlet turbo hose? I found a split on mine

frankie
frankieasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

anyone know what the splash guard for the alternator is called mine is missing from the right front inner guaed?

See all Mitsubishi Challenger questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives

Mitsubishi Challenger PB (2009-2013)

Other Large / 7 Seater SUVs