Mitsubishi Challenger

Mitsubishi Challenger Questions & Answers (page 4 of 7)

PB, PC, PA (See All)
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi

125 questions from our users

Mick M
Mick Masked

Hi Rob Patroney,

I just read your review and found it really interesting. So it was an engine oil radiator you put on not a transmission oil radiator?
Also what is the kit for the torque converter? And Where do you get it from?

Thanks heaps
Mick

Rg14
Rg14asked
Challenger PA (1998-2006)

I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Nativa 2.8td (same body as challenger and shugun sport). Would the 2004 challenger gearbox fit in it?

Mack
Mackasked
Challenger

Hi 99 mitsubishi challenger alternator is the same as what other mitsubishi?

Lasse I
Lasse Iasked
Challenger

Challenger 2003, won't take any gås when I try to refill.
What could be the problem?

george6750

Try taking the fuel cap off.

george6750

Try taking the fuel cap off.

Damo
Damoasked
Challenger PA (1998-2006)

Was just wondering if a 98 mitsubishi challenger clutch will fit in an 01 mitsubishi challenger?

george6750

I'm not a mechanic and my 2012 is auto.

Snarzy
Snarzyasked
Challenger PA (1998-2006)

Hi I have a 2002 Mitsubishi challenger with a petrol engine which has apparently no pulse signal to 2 cylinders the pack supplying the pulse has been changed, platinum plugs have been changed and new cam shaft and crank shaft sensors fitted but the car still will not run on all six cylinders do you have any ideas as the next step will be to burn it? Cheers

george6750

Cant help. Mine is 2012 diesel.

Robynasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

I had my vehicle into the dealers as the engine light came on. 1st diagnose was nothing wrong, 2nd diagnosis transmission oil need to be changed at a cost of $500, vehicle lost power and engine light has come back on and 3rd diagnosis is that the engine oil has cystallizes and need new engine at a cost of $11,500. What I can understand that when the vehicle was in on the second diagnosis why the engine wasn't checked considering the last time that dealer done a major service on the vehicle was 40,00km ago as our brother does our grease and oil changes as he is a qualified mechanic.......the car is still going but has very limited power. Can the old engine be removed, engine flushed and oil replaced without having to have another engine put in and should the mechanic checked our engine oil previously? Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you...Ro

Gerard T

I would be seeking a second opinion as it doesn’t sound feasible to me that oil would do this unles something was added to the oil maybe transmission fluid?
How may Km has it done

300,000

doris
dorisasked
Challenger PA (1998-2006)

I have a 4WD Diesel Mitsubishi Challenger 2000 and the low range 4WD has stopped working What has caused that and how do I fix it / please?

Jane S
Jane Sasked
Challenger

can I change into 4wd while driving my 1998 mitsi challenger?

Baby j
Baby jasked
Challenger

I have a Mitsubishi challenger I had the belt and cam and cran sensor change now the engine is missing
while driving. Any ideas?

George2
George2asked
Challenger

2001/2 Mitsubitshi challenger, removing the trim around headlights to access the indercater lights bulbs, any suggestions?

Merryl Hasked
Challenger PC (2013-2015)

Our Challenger, 2015 manual, 80000km, has just developed a strange trait. It seems to run as if in too high a gear, with a sort of surging feel. As if the throttle is opening and then cutting back again. I really do not wish to take it back to dealer, as most disappointed with them.
Open to suggestions. Thanks, Ian.

Dangme D.
Dangme D.

Hipe youve fixed the issue but sounds like a cracked intercooler hose

Merryl H

Thanks Dangme. After 4 mechanics, finally found it.
Took the hose off to look in the throttle box, fingers went through the split. $160 For new hose. Hasn't missed a beat since.

Shano
Shanoasked
Challenger PA (1998-2006)

Hi, I have a 2000 Challenger and changing oils in gearbox and transfer. I can find drain and fill holes on box but only fill hole on transfer, how do you drain oil. Thanks in advance.

Jamie Hutch
Jamie Hutchasked
Challenger PC (2013-2015)

Any idea how to remove the globe in the tailgate? I’ve tried twisting and it moves slightly but not enough to think it will move any more, I’ve tried pulling it and still no go?

Gerard T

I replace one of the parking lights just the other day
You unclip the wire by pressing the latch on the plug
I the used a pair of pliers and turned it till it was free and able to be removed and I remember using the pliers because it was quite tight
Hope this helps

Ada V
Ada Vasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

I have 300,000 km on my 2010 PB Challenger with no problems. Can I expect another 200,000 km?

Leigh R
Leigh Rasked
Challenger PC (2013-2015)

Has any one dino turned their truck?

Gerard Tasked
Challenger PB (2009-2013)

I have had the engine recall done with the extra pressure cap and coolant I ha e had it get warm and noticed that it has lost coolant and now looks like it has done a head as there is oil in the coolant and it is loosing coolant.
Should this still be covered as it looks to be the same problem and they have admitted that there is an issue

Luke
Lukeasked
Challenger PA (1998-2006)

Hi My Mitsubishi Challenger 1998 fails to engage gears every morning. I have to let it run for about 10mins or so for it to engage gears. At times it engages nicely in reverse but when I try to go forward it does not. I have to wait for some 10minutes after moving to gear lever into drive for it to move.. Any ideas?

Grant T
Grant Tasked
Challenger PA (1998-2006)

what could cause my mitsubitsi challenger 2002 to occasionally miss when i drive it. I replaced fuel filter, plug leads, and new plugs. still missing, usually more in the mornings. Any ideas out there?

Mel D
Mel D

I am having the same prob. We have replaced leads, plugs and rocket cover gaskets(this was the job that we were doing and did the plugs and leads since we were in there). I am thinking maybe coil or fuel filter needs to be done next. Have you found your answer yet?

Marko
Markoasked

Hi,
My 2015 challenger won't start for the first time...anyone knows what is the problem?

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives

Mitsubishi Challenger