See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ex GU owner

Ex GU ownerNewman

Pilbara Mining Industry approved

In the WA desert, where the dust is thick, the temps reach 45+ for weeks and the aircons never get a rest, these units never seem to complain. We had used many other brands (including most of the popular ones, Daikin, Panasonic, Fujitsu etc) but none come close to the reliability of the MHI units.
well priced (mid range)
Good looking
Quiet and efficient
If they have a downside I am yet to notice.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney

I love it!!!

I only had this unit installed 4 weeks ago so I can only speak so Far. So far it seems to be working beautifully! It’s very cool to the point I can actually turn it off once the room is cold, having said that it is only spring so I’ll have to wait and see how it performs during summer. The outside fan is really quiet almost silent which is a pleasant surprise as I was expecting it to be noisy. Overall I am extremely satisfied with my beautiful new air conditioner!! It’s the first time I’ve ever had one :)

Date PurchasedAug 2018
sarah corcoran

sarah corcoran

Best aircon ive owned

Easy to use. Easy to maintain and clean. Energy efficient. Cools my bedroom down fast.
Its quite unit, bearly hear it.
We had it installed by a friend was found it easy and probably took a few hours. The remote control is easy to use.
We are currently thinking about buying a bigger unit to put into the lounge.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jane

Jane

Quiet and powerful

I've only had for a day but so far I'm very pleased. After my 10 year old LG reverse cycle broke down I had it replaced with this unit. It has an extremely quiet fan setting but is able to churn out the cold air with ease.It is easy to use the remote with large print and straight forward worded descriptions rather than cryptic symbols. Installation was just over an hour given all the infrastructure was in place but there were no problems. I haven't had the opportunity to try heating cycle as it is Summer but I anticipate it will be very effective. The guy who installed it said it will probably last longer and be more energy efficient than the old LG. The price was very reasonable as well. So far I highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Terry

TerryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect air-con covering two room's area

Happy with the colling performance. The unit is quiet. Installation was held by an independent installer - back-to-back. The unit is easy to use. Convenient Sleep function.
Got the quotation from Gumtree, the installer sells the units and kindly gave me a cash back voucher. I even got $100 back.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Mike

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good little split system

This unit has been installed into a larger bedroom with high ceilings (approx 18m^2) and has performed very well considering it's smaller size. The system cools the room quickly and quietly and has made it through the worst of summer with no hiccups.
Only issue is the back-to-back installation gives some audible vibrations when under heavy load, but suspect this is more to do with the location of the installation rather than any issue with the unit.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Zhen

ZhenBrisbane

Good model. Low on power

Very good model. Got it when it was during the clearance period. Very powerful for a small unit and energy efficient.
It's very quiet compared to the Fujitsu 2.5kw model which I have in my bedroom.

Power consumption on high is about 600kw (base on my solar power smart meter).

Feature wise, this unit comes with 3D fan blades where it can go up and down, left and right.

The only downside for this unit is that, the gas is the older form which is not too environmental friendly.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Boo

BooSydney

Great

This unit has only been in use for a short time, but very happy with the performance. Easy to operate, looks good on the inside as well as the outside very neat and tidy. Cools the house beautifully, cannot comment on heating as we are in the summer season.Our installer stated that our electricity bill will be lower, cheaper to run in the winter months as opposed to gas heating which we now use.. One happy customer!

Tracy

TracyMelbourne

Best ever after we had to replace our air con!

Deliberated whether to go with the 8kW or 9.2kW and am so happy we choose the bigger model. Heats up all the areas we need! Very quiet too. Also very happy with the the person who did the installation! Kept instructions simple. Was VERY happy we had this air con the recent 40+ degree day in Melbourne!

Laura Ann

Laura AnnMelbourne

Brilliant

Quiet and easy installation. Good guys arranged it all. I chose big one cos I thought I'd never have to upgrade or be hot again. Probably bought too big it's a powerful machine. Easy to use, simple instructions. Temp control. Has whizz bang features I like the cold house one the best!

Trevor S

Trevor SAU

Great unit - complicated controls

Unfortunately had to replace an old email air system that would have done at least 25 years, but fortunately found this amazingly quiet Mitsubishi split system. It covers my lounge room with ease. The worst problem is there are a million settings on the remote control... Mitsubishi can you please simplify that device as it's horrid and it takes two presses of the on button to get the machine working...once again it is a dream machine when operating

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Stew

StewWestern Australia

Need to feel it cool and hot all in the room

I had this unit installed as my old Aircon packed up, so the Electrician recommended getting the Mitsubishi and they buy them in only to install as they said they have not had any problems with them. But I have moved the direction that the air comes into the room and if you sit in front you feel it but my seat is at the side and I don't feel it, so bit disappointed but I don't think I would buy another if any of my others pack up.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Sam C

Sam CBrisbane

Top of the Line. Another excellent product from MHI

These units are top of the line. Surprised how quiet the 8.0kw unit is. Have it mounted on the living room wall and cannot hear it from inside at any level. Have used MHI throughout our whole house and never had a problem. The way the outdoor unit is constructed seems like a bit stronger than normal split systems, like a commercial unit.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

TIMOTHY

TIMOTHY

Cool and warm

We wanted to get an air-con that actually works. The previous one we got never really cools down the room after some time. This model works. And it's easy to use. The remote control makes it so much easier. It has no noise but the installation fees were high. You should call around for installation before settling.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Kev H

Kev HMid North Coast, NSW

Quiet Air Conditioner

The recent hot summer convinced me to buy an air conditioner for my bedroom/ensuite. Having recently bought a Mitsubishi fridge, I decided to stick to a Mitsubishi Air Con. The installation went very smoothly, thanks to easy access to a balcony via the top of my built in wardrobe. The unit is very quiet & cools the room down quickly. I generally turn it on about 30 minutes before I go to bed & turn it off after reading in bed for another 30 minutes, before going to sleep. I use similar timing when using the heating in winter. The remote works well & the air con holds the temperature well, once the room is up or down to the set temp.

Very happy with this air con!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Atish

AtishSydney, Australia

Nice AC, cools the living area well

We purchased this AC for installation at an investment property. It was installed in the living room of the granny flat & has been cooling not only the living area but also the bedroom if the bedroom door is kept opened. Tenants are pretty happy with the choice & so are we :)

Date PurchasedOct 2016

agentzeroreview

agentzeroreviewBrisbane

Fantastic air con, very quiet and so cool

This air con is perfect for our open plan living/kitchen/dining room (total area roughly 80m²). Very quiet, easy to use, keeps us cool during the summer. Highly recommend this air con for anyone looking for one, great brand and company. Modern looking design also blends in well with our modern room settings.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Milly02

Milly02Hunter Region, NSW

Saved our lives summer of 2017!

It is so quiet. I have to check if it's on. Very easy to use. It is the best air/con I have ever had. I was surprised how economical it is. My electricity bill was much cheaper after summer than other years. Now it is colder I am impressed how quickly it heats the room.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Maggie and me

Maggie and mePort Mcquarie

Simply Wonderful

My new Mitsubishi Air- Con is a replacement for a failed different brand model and is simply wonderful. Thanks to it's cool quiet performance my hubby and I can get through this summer's awful heatwave in absolute comfort. The installation process was quick with zero problems and the unit is easy to use. I already had a smaller Mitsubishi air con in my bedroom so it was a logical choice to replace the old other brand with another Mitsubishi. Thank you for a great product.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kevin D

Kevin DHowlong

Peaceful summer sleep at last

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Jen

Jenasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi Im researching replacing our air con with split system
We have a small open plan home 13 sq
We have a large split system in our family room I think way to big for the area
What sizes do Mitsubishi split systems come in and which one would you recommend small lounge room to push into bedroom
Thankyou

Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Jen, You can download our handy room sizing chart, which will give you a good indication of what size unit you may need here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/. Our Avanti or Avanti PLUS series would likely be suitable. You can learn more about this models here -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/category/residential/split-systems/. We'd also recommend speaking to an authorised installer who can properly size up your space and provide a recommendation. You can find your local authorised dealer here - https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy. Hope this helps!

Max H.asked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

I had a 2.5kW DXK09ZMA-S installed Jan 2017_The installer fitted a condensate pump which after about 3 months went very noisy and turned on whether the ac was running or not, for random periods often between midnight & dawn and during the day. My complaint to the installer saw another pump installed{????} and was informed there would be noise. Subsequently the pump became noisy again, and power to the system was turned off. After about 18 months of phone calls the pump works noisily but the system wont go on. The pump runs very hot and appears to be pumping nothing except atoms of hope_ PLEASE EXPLAIN---- Max Herman

Hi Max,

While we're sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the pump on your unit, without having one of authorised service agents inspect the unit, it's had to tell what the issue might be.

I'd suggest jumping onto our website and submitting a warranty service request and one of service agents will organise to come and assess the unit for you. https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/

Max H.

Thank you for your concern and I will consider your statement as I have already spoken to MHI. It appears that a non MHI pump is sanctioned for fitment with the AC unit and supposedly there is no {???} warranty involved except that on the pump! Note the word SANCTIONED!! it appears that with a 12 month life warranty I may be up for at least another $900 -$1200 depending on the whims of the installer who has replaced it once and has still not responded to even look at it again despite calls by both my wife & myself for more than eighteen {18} months. He should have at least called into inspect it! An inspection was arranged by myself following conversation with Chris {95443400} at MHI for TCB {0439-753-101} of Corio{Geelong} and it appears the same Thing will happen with a bill in excess of $600+{approx.} for rectification of improper wiring and now a request for a power point to be installed in the ceiling space. At this point my intention is to contact Consumer Affairs to report this state of affairs and seek full redress. Note I have not had the use of this AC unit until TCB got it temporarily operative before final rectification following above mentioned details. to say we are unimpressed is to put mildly and at the moment MHI is just another swear word. My number is 52824940 if you have anything further to advise and please note we have three other units by Mitsubishi previously installed. Max HERMAN

Joseph F.

Joseph F.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi , I just bought this aircon 6 months ago, and these days the aircon is turning it's self off and then turns back on in 5 minutes during the operation in random time, is something wrong with it ? It's happened every day.... any help ? Thank you

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. Are there any lights flashing on the unit when it experiences the fault? If you refer to the back of your user manual there are some troubleshooting steps which should help you identify what the fault may be.

If you could note which lights are flashing and then give us a call on 1300 138 007 one of technical team will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you.

Glen

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries representatives

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

4.4
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

3.8
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Cooling Capacity7.1kW8.0kW9.2kW2.5kW3.3kW5.0kW