Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series

Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW), DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW), DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW), etc...

4.5

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Ang

AngGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very quiet and easy to use

Bought it a month ago on a very good price (on the unit itself) for being a discontinued unit from The Good Guys and installed by them as well. It’s very quiet and the remote is very easy to use. It cools a medium size bedroom so effortless that I keep the door open to dry up the air (running an evaporative cooling system at home for rest of the area).
I am very satisfied with the product, so far. Hope it will last long as my another aircon at home, a National brand window-style one which is at least 30 years old and still running strong.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys.

Smythie

SmythieCentral Queensland, QLD

It's a great split system. Easy to use and appears to be quite energy efficient.

it does struggle a bit in really high humidity and heat here in Mackay. It's run daily for 6-8 months from spring through to autumn. The functions are easy to use

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,000.00.

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Michael

MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Best and quietest reverse cycle Split Cycle System I have ever owned

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Ex GU owner

Ex GU ownerNewman

Pilbara Mining Industry approved

In the WA desert, where the dust is thick, the temps reach 45+ for weeks and the aircons never get a rest, these units never seem to complain. We had used many other brands (including most of the popular ones, Daikin, Panasonic, Fujitsu etc) but none come close to the reliability of the MHI units.
well priced (mid range)
Good looking
Quiet and efficient
If they have a downside I am yet to notice.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
Rebecca

RebeccaSydney

I love it!!!

I only had this unit installed 4 weeks ago so I can only speak so Far. So far it seems to be working beautifully! It’s very cool to the point I can actually turn it off once the room is cold, having said that it is only spring so I’ll have to wait and see how it performs during summer. The outside fan is really quiet almost silent which is a pleasant surprise as I was expecting it to be noisy. Overall I am extremely satisfied with my beautiful new air conditioner!! It’s the first time I’ve ever had one :)

Date PurchasedAug 2018
sarah corcoran

sarah corcoran

Best aircon ive owned

Easy to use. Easy to maintain and clean. Energy efficient. Cools my bedroom down fast.
Its quite unit, bearly hear it.
We had it installed by a friend was found it easy and probably took a few hours. The remote control is easy to use.
We are currently thinking about buying a bigger unit to put into the lounge.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jane

Jane

Quiet and powerful

I've only had for a day but so far I'm very pleased. After my 10 year old LG reverse cycle broke down I had it replaced with this unit. It has an extremely quiet fan setting but is able to churn out the cold air with ease.It is easy to use the remote with large print and straight forward worded descriptions rather than cryptic symbols. Installation was just over an hour given all the infrastructure was in place but there were no problems. I haven't had the opportunity to try heating cycle as it is Summer but I anticipate it will be very effective. The guy who installed it said it will probably last longer and be more energy efficient than the old LG. The price was very reasonable as well. So far I highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Terry

TerryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect air-con covering two room's area

Happy with the colling performance. The unit is quiet. Installation was held by an independent installer - back-to-back. The unit is easy to use. Convenient Sleep function.
Got the quotation from Gumtree, the installer sells the units and kindly gave me a cash back voucher. I even got $100 back.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mike

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good little split system

This unit has been installed into a larger bedroom with high ceilings (approx 18m^2) and has performed very well considering it's smaller size. The system cools the room quickly and quietly and has made it through the worst of summer with no hiccups.
Only issue is the back-to-back installation gives some audible vibrations when under heavy load, but suspect this is more to do with the location of the installation rather than any issue with the unit.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Zhen

ZhenBrisbane

Good model. Low on power

Very good model. Got it when it was during the clearance period. Very powerful for a small unit and energy efficient.
It's very quiet compared to the Fujitsu 2.5kw model which I have in my bedroom.

Power consumption on high is about 600kw (base on my solar power smart meter).

Feature wise, this unit comes with 3D fan blades where it can go up and down, left and right.

The only downside for this unit is that, the gas is the older form which is not too environmental friendly.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Boo

BooSydney

Great

This unit has only been in use for a short time, but very happy with the performance. Easy to operate, looks good on the inside as well as the outside very neat and tidy. Cools the house beautifully, cannot comment on heating as we are in the summer season.Our installer stated that our electricity bill will be lower, cheaper to run in the winter months as opposed to gas heating which we now use.. One happy customer!

Tracy

TracyMelbourne

Best ever after we had to replace our air con!

Deliberated whether to go with the 8kW or 9.2kW and am so happy we choose the bigger model. Heats up all the areas we need! Very quiet too. Also very happy with the the person who did the installation! Kept instructions simple. Was VERY happy we had this air con the recent 40+ degree day in Melbourne!

Laura Ann

Laura AnnMelbourne

Brilliant

Quiet and easy installation. Good guys arranged it all. I chose big one cos I thought I'd never have to upgrade or be hot again. Probably bought too big it's a powerful machine. Easy to use, simple instructions. Temp control. Has whizz bang features I like the cold house one the best!

Trevor S

Trevor SAU

Great unit - complicated controls

Unfortunately had to replace an old email air system that would have done at least 25 years, but fortunately found this amazingly quiet Mitsubishi split system. It covers my lounge room with ease. The worst problem is there are a million settings on the remote control... Mitsubishi can you please simplify that device as it's horrid and it takes two presses of the on button to get the machine working...once again it is a dream machine when operating

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Stew

StewWestern Australia

Need to feel it cool and hot all in the room

I had this unit installed as my old Aircon packed up, so the Electrician recommended getting the Mitsubishi and they buy them in only to install as they said they have not had any problems with them. But I have moved the direction that the air comes into the room and if you sit in front you feel it but my seat is at the side and I don't feel it, so bit disappointed but I don't think I would buy another if any of my others pack up.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Sam C

Sam CBrisbane

Top of the Line. Another excellent product from MHI

These units are top of the line. Surprised how quiet the 8.0kw unit is. Have it mounted on the living room wall and cannot hear it from inside at any level. Have used MHI throughout our whole house and never had a problem. The way the outdoor unit is constructed seems like a bit stronger than normal split systems, like a commercial unit.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
TIMOTHY

TIMOTHY

Cool and warm

We wanted to get an air-con that actually works. The previous one we got never really cools down the room after some time. This model works. And it's easy to use. The remote control makes it so much easier. It has no noise but the installation fees were high. You should call around for installation before settling.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Kev H

Kev HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet Air Conditioner

The recent hot summer convinced me to buy an air conditioner for my bedroom/ensuite. Having recently bought a Mitsubishi fridge, I decided to stick to a Mitsubishi Air Con. The installation went very smoothly, thanks to easy access to a balcony via the top of my built in wardrobe. The unit is very quiet & cools the room down quickly. I generally turn it on about 30 minutes before I go to bed & turn it off after reading in bed for another 30 minutes, before going to sleep. I use similar timing when using the heating in winter. The remote works well & the air con holds the temperature well, once the room is up or down to the set temp.

Very happy with this air con!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Atish

AtishSydney, Australia

Nice AC, cools the living area well

We purchased this AC for installation at an investment property. It was installed in the living room of the granny flat & has been cooling not only the living area but also the bedroom if the bedroom door is kept opened. Tenants are pretty happy with the choice & so are we :)

Date PurchasedOct 2016
agentzeroreview

agentzeroreviewBrisbane

Fantastic air con, very quiet and so cool

This air con is perfect for our open plan living/kitchen/dining room (total area roughly 80m²). Very quiet, easy to use, keeps us cool during the summer. Highly recommend this air con for anyone looking for one, great brand and company. Modern looking design also blends in well with our modern room settings.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Paras S.

Paras S.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

There is no power . I am trying to turn it on directly but no luck. The remote shows all the digital things but not turning on. Please help

Hi Paras,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

You may want to check that the circuit breaker has not switched off. If the circuit breaker is on there could be an issue with the unit.

We'd suggest visiting the website below and leaving some details and one of our service agents will get in touch.

Danny L.

Danny L.asked

DXK-ZMA-S Series

I have a dxk12zma-s that seems to have lost the power it had when I moved in 6 months ago

Hi Danny,

You may want to check and clean the filter to ensure the airflow is not being obstructed. You can also look to increase the fan speed to provide more airflow.

If you still find the issue is lacking power, you can visit the page below and leave some details and we'll get an authorised service agent in your area to organise a time to come and assess the unit.

Setu

Setuasked

DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

timer flashes 2 times ive looked at the manual and this is a problem with the room temperature sensor(correct me if wrong) do I need to check anything else other then the indoor coil sensor.

Hi Setu,

It sounds like there would be an issue with the unit.

You can refer to the back of the user manual for information regarding what the flashing like would refer to. You can find your user manual on the page below.

We'd suggest visiting the page below and entering your details and one of our service agents will get in touch to organise to come and assess it.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

Compare all 6 Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Cooling Capacity7.1kW8.0kW9.2kW2.5kW