Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW) Questions & Answers

MPN: 35905840

5 questions from our users

Max H.asked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

I had a 2.5kW DXK09ZMA-S installed Jan 2017_The installer fitted a condensate pump which after about 3 months went very noisy and turned on whether the ac was running or not, for random periods often between midnight & dawn and during the day. My complaint to the installer saw another pump installed{????} and was informed there would be noise. Subsequently the pump became noisy again, and power to the system was turned off. After about 18 months of phone calls the pump works noisily but the system wont go on. The pump runs very hot and appears to be pumping nothing except atoms of hope_ PLEASE EXPLAIN---- Max Herman

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Max,

While we're sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the pump on your unit, without having one of authorised service agents inspect the unit, it's had to tell what the issue might be.

I'd suggest jumping onto our website and submitting a warranty service request and one of service agents will organise to come and assess the unit for you. https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/

Max H.

Thank you for your concern and I will consider your statement as I have already spoken to MHI. It appears that a non MHI pump is sanctioned for fitment with the AC unit and supposedly there is no {???} warranty involved except that on the pump! Note the word SANCTIONED!! it appears that with a 12 month life warranty I may be up for at least another $900 -$1200 depending on the whims of the installer who has replaced it once and has still not responded to even look at it again despite calls by both my wife & myself for more than eighteen {18} months. He should have at least called into inspect it! An inspection was arranged by myself following conversation with Chris {95443400} at MHI for TCB {0439-753-101} of Corio{Geelong} and it appears the same Thing will happen with a bill in excess of $600+{approx.} for rectification of improper wiring and now a request for a power point to be installed in the ceiling space. At this point my intention is to contact Consumer Affairs to report this state of affairs and seek full redress. Note I have not had the use of this AC unit until TCB got it temporarily operative before final rectification following above mentioned details. to say we are unimpressed is to put mildly and at the moment MHI is just another swear word. My number is 52824940 if you have anything further to advise and please note we have three other units by Mitsubishi previously installed. Max HERMAN

Joshua T

Joshua Tasked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

I installed my unit on 2015 Feb and is hardly use. Today the timer light flashes 7 times after running for a while. While it ran there was no cooling except air as the compressor did not kick in. There after the flashes came (7 times) on the timer.

I tried turn the compressor off and on for maybe 30sec and turn it back on same thing repeat.

Any advice?

Stew
Stew

Are you sure that the temperature was right for cool and that you had it on the cool mode? Have you cleaned the filter since you have had it as they need to be done and if it still is not working I think you might have to get a professional to look at it.

Monty sidhu

Monty sidhuasked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Does this model have heating function?

Kevin D
Kevin D

Yes, it's a REVERSE CYCLE a/c - that's what reverse cycle means - you can find more info than you can handle by going on the internet
I don't use this feature as I prefer doonas and hot-water bottles... oh, and a lovely warm hairy dog on the bed - just old-fashioned and stuck in the mud!

Maggie and me
Maggie and me

Yes, the model is Reverse Cycle very economic to run and we have 2 in this house, had 2 in our last house and love the brand.

Milly02
Milly02

Yes it does and as stated it is reverse cycle and that is a hot OR cold machine. It is being used on hot (only 18oC) at the moment and the large living room gets quite hot on that temperature sometimes I have to turn it off as it is too warm in here.

Ninjaste

Ninjasteasked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

The unit is in timer off mode and stops after 22 mins. I have tried everything the manual recommends and can not stop this happening. Can you hard reset ?

Dean64

Sorry mate, I'm just a consumer like you and haven't heard of that issue. You'll just have to contact Mitsubishi and ask them

David3535
David3535

Try taking the batteries out of the remote and reinstall. Then, turn a/c at main switch in your electricity box outside your home. Wait 1 minute then switch back on. This should work. If still having problems, call the support line for your a/c found on their website.

Kirsty

Kirstyasked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Recently moved into to my unit but have not received a copy of the instruction manual where could I get one?

Dean64

Should be able to get one online, otherwise contact Mitsubishi

See all Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series questions