Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW) Questions & Answers

MPN: 35905808

12 questions from our users

Jen

Jenasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi Im researching replacing our air con with split system
We have a small open plan home 13 sq
We have a large split system in our family room I think way to big for the area
What sizes do Mitsubishi split systems come in and which one would you recommend small lounge room to push into bedroom
Thankyou

Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Jen, You can download our handy room sizing chart, which will give you a good indication of what size unit you may need here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/. Our Avanti or Avanti PLUS series would likely be suitable. You can learn more about this models here -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/category/residential/split-systems/. We'd also recommend speaking to an authorised installer who can properly size up your space and provide a recommendation. You can find your local authorised dealer here - https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy. Hope this helps!

Joseph F.

Joseph F.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi , I just bought this aircon 6 months ago, and these days the aircon is turning it's self off and then turns back on in 5 minutes during the operation in random time, is something wrong with it ? It's happened every day.... any help ? Thank you

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. Are there any lights flashing on the unit when it experiences the fault? If you refer to the back of your user manual there are some troubleshooting steps which should help you identify what the fault may be.

If you could note which lights are flashing and then give us a call on 1300 138 007 one of technical team will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you.

Anna A.

Anna A.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi I had an older Mitsubishi split system got it replace with heavy industries and it is not that cold. Not happy with it at all. Have on25 full fan cool mode and not that cold. My old one I would run on 27-28 and be freezing. No lights flashing. On the 2nd mode symbol. Going to phone air con installer today. Any help

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your unit. Provided it is on the correct cooling setting, it should be delivering cold air. If it is brand new, I suggest speaking to the installer.

Please let me know if the issue wasn't rectified.

Liz

Lizasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hello, my air conditioner is not cooling and an orange light flicks on and off 6 times pauses then repeats - model DXK242ZMA-S. Any help? Thanks.

Hi Liz,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your unit. The flashing light indicates there is a a potential fault within the unit so I'd suggest filling out an online warranty request by visiting our website (https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/) and one of our service agents will be happy to get in touch and rectify the issue for you.

Sussanasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Please HELP I need a remote for my aircon anyone have and idea where to purchase? PLEASE!!!!

Hi Sussa,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can purchase a remote controls from our spare parts provider, MRE. You can visit their website http://mrespareparts.com.au or give them a call on +61 2 9600 7444.

Cheers,

Gary

Garyasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

On cold mornings the heater stops working and run light flashes. Any ideas?

Ladislav S

Ladislav Sasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Need new remote control for dxk24zma-s, please help with correct part number.
I have purchased some but didnt work on my unit

Sussan

Hi did you find a remote to work your aircon? Please let me know as I have the same model and lost my remote thanks.

George

Georgeasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Why does it beep even when not operating?

treesasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

The remote control requires you to set a temperature. Does the unit switch off when this temperature is reached?

Kev H
Kev H

When you set a temperature, be it higher or lower than the ambient temperature, the air conditioner will deliver warm or cool air until the built in thermostat detects that the set temperature is reached. The air conditioner will then try to maintain this temperature. This means that it will go into stand by mode until more warm or cool air is required to maintain the set temperature. So the air conditioner does not completely turn off when the set temperature is attained. If you want the unit to turn off, you need to use the 'On/Off' switch or set a the timer to turn the unit off after a set time.

Hope this helps.

trees

Kev H, thank you for your response. I am finding that if I set the temperature on the remote at, say 26 degrees, the temperature in the room gets colder than that and can be quite uncomfortably chilly so that I have to use the "Off" switch. You say that there is an inbuilt thermostat, maybe it isn't working? The "User's Manual" doesn't offer any advice on this situation which made me wonder if it was a totally manual operation.

David

Davidasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Retail price without installation ?

Kevin D

Get onto the internet and troll around Harvey Norman's or the Good Guys or the like. You might even pick one up cheap on e-Bay. Or nip down to your local air-con guy and ask them. Your local installer will pick the unit up a trade price whereas you have to pay retail. Prices will vary. My advice is not to try and fit an air-con yourself - you've really got to know what your doing.

Jad

Jadasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

I have a DXK24ZMA-S and while I am happy with the performance of the unit with both heating and cooling, the remote control unit continually loses its settings and has to be reset which, as you can understand, is quite annoying. Is there a reason and/or solution to this problem?

Kevin D

You don't say how old your unit is - i.e. when it was installed. You also don't say when you first started experiencing your problem in relation to the unit's installation. Further, you don't say what measures you yourself have taken to investigate the problem. Not wishing to be too hard on you, I suspect it's the same problem as with all batteries used in these circumstances. If I were in your shoes, I'd access the batteries by sliding down the panel at the back on the controller. In the hope that they are not corroded, leaking or damaged in some way, I'd then check the charge in those batteries, or just plain replace them. Sometimes, though, just rotating the batteries in situ, daft as it may seem, fixes the problem. If this fails to remedy your problem, you'd best contact your installer with a view to replacing the controller. You may still be under warranty and/or within the guarantee period. My unit has not been in service long enough to run my batteries down and I certainly haven't experienced the problem you describe. Please note, the manual advises one to remove the batteries if the controller isn't used for a long time - although it fails to mention how long that might be. But as an example, I remove the batteries in the remote controller for my pedestal fan over winter, so that they don't corrode and ruin the device.

robyn

robynasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

I have a DXK24ZMA-S model and use it regularly for heating and have used the weekly on off timer whilst away to keep house warm for cat ( live in the tassie highlands and it gets very cold often overnight) .
PROBLEM since yesterday, can not reset temp to lower than 18C , have had the aircon on in just on/off mode not timer etc, ( heater) for 2 days now and went to lower the temp to 15C overnight and the program indicator comes on pipping when I try. I have gone through and cleared all programing and it still does it?? it didnt do this the night before and the setting is the same just on/off mode???

David3535
David3535

Hi Robyn

Check your filters and if dirty clean them. Wipe exterior also. If that fails, call technical support and they will advise you.

See all Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series questions