Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series

Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series Questions & Answers

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW), DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW), DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW), etc...

42 questions from our users

Paras S.

Paras S.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

There is no power . I am trying to turn it on directly but no luck. The remote shows all the digital things but not turning on. Please help

Hi Paras,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

You may want to check that the circuit breaker has not switched off. If the circuit breaker is on there could be an issue with the unit.

We'd suggest visiting the website below and leaving some details and one of our service agents will get in touch.

Danny L.

Danny L.asked

DXK-ZMA-S Series

I have a dxk12zma-s that seems to have lost the power it had when I moved in 6 months ago

Hi Danny,

You may want to check and clean the filter to ensure the airflow is not being obstructed. You can also look to increase the fan speed to provide more airflow.

If you still find the issue is lacking power, you can visit the page below and leave some details and we'll get an authorised service agent in your area to organise a time to come and assess the unit.

Setu

Setuasked

DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

timer flashes 2 times ive looked at the manual and this is a problem with the room temperature sensor(correct me if wrong) do I need to check anything else other then the indoor coil sensor.

Hi Setu,

It sounds like there would be an issue with the unit.

You can refer to the back of the user manual for information regarding what the flashing like would refer to. You can find your user manual on the page below.

We'd suggest visiting the page below and entering your details and one of our service agents will get in touch to organise to come and assess it.

paul ley.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

My unit (7.1kw) you press run, it starts up but no cooling, runs for a while then stops. The run light is still on and the timer light is flashing, on the remote is no sign of the the timer function on. the manual is no help to me on this problem. ?

Hi Paul,

Really sorry to hear of the issue you're having with your unit.

If you take note of which lights are on and how many times the timer light flashes and then refer to page 29 of your user manual (you can find the full version here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srk-zma-dxk-zma-user-manual/) you can determine what the fault may be.

If you then contact us on 1300 138 007 our warranty team will be able to help you further.

thanks

paul ley.

page 29 in my manual has nothing in relation to the fault, and i can't access the web page , will try later, tomorrow. thanks.

Samcolosimo65asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Can someone please supply me the link to the consumer manual. I can't seem to find it online

Hi Sam,

You can find the user manual for the DXK24ZMA split system below. Is it the same as the SRK24ZMA.

Thank you kindly.
Much appreciate the prompt response.

Fred Smith

Fred Smithasked

DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW)

I have a DXK12ZMA-S about 5 yrs old and when we turn it on with remote it turns on for about 2 mins then the timer light flashes and the unit stops and we are unable to use the unit, can you help us?

Hi Fred,

Really sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

The timer light flashing usually suggests an error with the unit. We'd suggest counting the number of times the light flashes and then contacting us on 1300 138 007 for some troubleshooting.

Mac

Macasked

DXK-ZMA-S Series

How to remove flaps on modeldxk18zma-s

Hi Mac,

We'd suggest contacting us on 1300 138 007 for more information.

Michelle C

Michelle Casked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Have bought a small house with one of these units, wondering two things:
1. Where can I get a user manual?
2. Are these still on the market as would like to have another installed
We are located in Bathurst, NSW.
Thanks.

Hi Michelle,

You can find a user manual for your model in our website here -https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srk-zma-user-manual/

The SRKZMA series has been superseded by our Avanti Series, which you can learn more about here -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/series/split-system-air-conditioners-avanti-series/.

If you'd like a quote, you can visit our Request a Quote page below and leave some details and we'll get an installer to get in touch!

Hope this helps but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know

Julia Harrisasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Is this just an air con. Does it heat the room as well.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Julia. This model is a reverse cycle which means it can both heat and cool your home.

Julia Harris

So I don't have a manual so how do I change to heating.
Could you sent me the details to my hotmail. please. I just purchased this townhouse. julialottyharris @hotmail

julialottyharris @hotmail.com

Enp

Enpasked

Hi can this ac unit have a wifi control unit fitted ? Cheers E

Jen

Jenasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi Im researching replacing our air con with split system
We have a small open plan home 13 sq
We have a large split system in our family room I think way to big for the area
What sizes do Mitsubishi split systems come in and which one would you recommend small lounge room to push into bedroom
Thankyou

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Jen, You can download our handy room sizing chart, which will give you a good indication of what size unit you may need here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/. Our Avanti or Avanti PLUS series would likely be suitable. You can learn more about this models here -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/category/residential/split-systems/. We'd also recommend speaking to an authorised installer who can properly size up your space and provide a recommendation. You can find your local authorised dealer here - https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy. Hope this helps!

Max H.asked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

I had a 2.5kW DXK09ZMA-S installed Jan 2017_The installer fitted a condensate pump which after about 3 months went very noisy and turned on whether the ac was running or not, for random periods often between midnight & dawn and during the day. My complaint to the installer saw another pump installed{????} and was informed there would be noise. Subsequently the pump became noisy again, and power to the system was turned off. After about 18 months of phone calls the pump works noisily but the system wont go on. The pump runs very hot and appears to be pumping nothing except atoms of hope_ PLEASE EXPLAIN---- Max Herman

Hi Max,

While we're sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the pump on your unit, without having one of authorised service agents inspect the unit, it's had to tell what the issue might be.

I'd suggest jumping onto our website and submitting a warranty service request and one of service agents will organise to come and assess the unit for you. https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/

Max H.

Thank you for your concern and I will consider your statement as I have already spoken to MHI. It appears that a non MHI pump is sanctioned for fitment with the AC unit and supposedly there is no {???} warranty involved except that on the pump! Note the word SANCTIONED!! it appears that with a 12 month life warranty I may be up for at least another $900 -$1200 depending on the whims of the installer who has replaced it once and has still not responded to even look at it again despite calls by both my wife & myself for more than eighteen {18} months. He should have at least called into inspect it! An inspection was arranged by myself following conversation with Chris {95443400} at MHI for TCB {0439-753-101} of Corio{Geelong} and it appears the same Thing will happen with a bill in excess of $600+{approx.} for rectification of improper wiring and now a request for a power point to be installed in the ceiling space. At this point my intention is to contact Consumer Affairs to report this state of affairs and seek full redress. Note I have not had the use of this AC unit until TCB got it temporarily operative before final rectification following above mentioned details. to say we are unimpressed is to put mildly and at the moment MHI is just another swear word. My number is 52824940 if you have anything further to advise and please note we have three other units by Mitsubishi previously installed. Max HERMAN

Joseph F.

Joseph F.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi , I just bought this aircon 6 months ago, and these days the aircon is turning it's self off and then turns back on in 5 minutes during the operation in random time, is something wrong with it ? It's happened every day.... any help ? Thank you

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. Are there any lights flashing on the unit when it experiences the fault? If you refer to the back of your user manual there are some troubleshooting steps which should help you identify what the fault may be.

If you could note which lights are flashing and then give us a call on 1300 138 007 one of technical team will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you.

Glen

andrea c.

andrea c.asked

DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

What is the price for Mitsubishi heavy industries 8KW and how it compares with Daikin FTXM71?

Hi Andrea,

If you speak to one of our authorised dealers they'd be able to provide a comparison and offer you a quote. You can find your local dealer by visiting our website and clicking on 'Where to Buy' and entering your post code.

Pete

Peteasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

do you have pictures above the unit?

Julia Harris

Is this only an air con?
Does it heat as well.
If so how do I a just the setting. I don't have the manual

Pete

Peteasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Is there a cover over the filters above the unit?

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is mesh-style cover on the top of the unit that protects the unit while allowing air to easily pass through the unit.

Jenny F.

Jenny F.asked

DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW)

Unit keeps freezing and stops blowing cool air. Filters are clean and overflow ok

Hi Jenny,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

If you're still having the issues, you may want to check which lights are flashing and how many times while referring to the back of the user manual as this will give you an idea of what the fault may be. If you're still having issues, feel free to give us a call on 1800 138 007.

Anna A.

Anna A.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi I had an older Mitsubishi split system got it replace with heavy industries and it is not that cold. Not happy with it at all. Have on25 full fan cool mode and not that cold. My old one I would run on 27-28 and be freezing. No lights flashing. On the 2nd mode symbol. Going to phone air con installer today. Any help

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your unit. Provided it is on the correct cooling setting, it should be delivering cold air. If it is brand new, I suggest speaking to the installer.

Please let me know if the issue wasn't rectified.

Anthony chivers

Anthony chiversasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Which is the best mode and the cheapest to run in summer?

Liz

Lizasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hello, my air conditioner is not cooling and an orange light flicks on and off 6 times pauses then repeats - model DXK242ZMA-S. Any help? Thanks.

Hi Liz,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your unit. The flashing light indicates there is a a potential fault within the unit so I'd suggest filling out an online warranty request by visiting our website (https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/) and one of our service agents will be happy to get in touch and rectify the issue for you.

Glen

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives