Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series

Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series Questions & Answers

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW), DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW), DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW), etc...

35 questions from our users

Michelle C

Michelle Casked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Have bought a small house with one of these units, wondering two things:
1. Where can I get a user manual?
2. Are these still on the market as would like to have another installed
We are located in Bathurst, NSW.
Thanks.

Hi Michelle,

You can find a user manual for your model in our website here -https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srk-zma-user-manual/

The SRKZMA series has been superseded by our Avanti Series, which you can learn more about here -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/series/split-system-air-conditioners-avanti-series/.

If you'd like a quote, you can visit our Request a Quote page below and leave some details and we'll get an installer to get in touch!

Hope this helps but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know

Julia Harrisasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Is this just an air con. Does it heat the room as well.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Julia. This model is a reverse cycle which means it can both heat and cool your home.

Julia Harris

So I don't have a manual so how do I change to heating.
Could you sent me the details to my hotmail. please. I just purchased this townhouse. julialottyharris @hotmail

julialottyharris @hotmail.com

Enp

Enpasked

Hi can this ac unit have a wifi control unit fitted ? Cheers E

Jen

Jenasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi Im researching replacing our air con with split system
We have a small open plan home 13 sq
We have a large split system in our family room I think way to big for the area
What sizes do Mitsubishi split systems come in and which one would you recommend small lounge room to push into bedroom
Thankyou

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Jen, You can download our handy room sizing chart, which will give you a good indication of what size unit you may need here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/. Our Avanti or Avanti PLUS series would likely be suitable. You can learn more about this models here -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/category/residential/split-systems/. We'd also recommend speaking to an authorised installer who can properly size up your space and provide a recommendation. You can find your local authorised dealer here - https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy. Hope this helps!

Max H.asked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

I had a 2.5kW DXK09ZMA-S installed Jan 2017_The installer fitted a condensate pump which after about 3 months went very noisy and turned on whether the ac was running or not, for random periods often between midnight & dawn and during the day. My complaint to the installer saw another pump installed{????} and was informed there would be noise. Subsequently the pump became noisy again, and power to the system was turned off. After about 18 months of phone calls the pump works noisily but the system wont go on. The pump runs very hot and appears to be pumping nothing except atoms of hope_ PLEASE EXPLAIN---- Max Herman

Hi Max,

While we're sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the pump on your unit, without having one of authorised service agents inspect the unit, it's had to tell what the issue might be.

I'd suggest jumping onto our website and submitting a warranty service request and one of service agents will organise to come and assess the unit for you. https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/

Max H.

Thank you for your concern and I will consider your statement as I have already spoken to MHI. It appears that a non MHI pump is sanctioned for fitment with the AC unit and supposedly there is no {???} warranty involved except that on the pump! Note the word SANCTIONED!! it appears that with a 12 month life warranty I may be up for at least another $900 -$1200 depending on the whims of the installer who has replaced it once and has still not responded to even look at it again despite calls by both my wife & myself for more than eighteen {18} months. He should have at least called into inspect it! An inspection was arranged by myself following conversation with Chris {95443400} at MHI for TCB {0439-753-101} of Corio{Geelong} and it appears the same Thing will happen with a bill in excess of $600+{approx.} for rectification of improper wiring and now a request for a power point to be installed in the ceiling space. At this point my intention is to contact Consumer Affairs to report this state of affairs and seek full redress. Note I have not had the use of this AC unit until TCB got it temporarily operative before final rectification following above mentioned details. to say we are unimpressed is to put mildly and at the moment MHI is just another swear word. My number is 52824940 if you have anything further to advise and please note we have three other units by Mitsubishi previously installed. Max HERMAN

Joseph F.

Joseph F.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi , I just bought this aircon 6 months ago, and these days the aircon is turning it's self off and then turns back on in 5 minutes during the operation in random time, is something wrong with it ? It's happened every day.... any help ? Thank you

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. Are there any lights flashing on the unit when it experiences the fault? If you refer to the back of your user manual there are some troubleshooting steps which should help you identify what the fault may be.

If you could note which lights are flashing and then give us a call on 1300 138 007 one of technical team will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you.

andrea c.

andrea c.asked

DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

What is the price for Mitsubishi heavy industries 8KW and how it compares with Daikin FTXM71?

Hi Andrea,

If you speak to one of our authorised dealers they'd be able to provide a comparison and offer you a quote. You can find your local dealer by visiting our website and clicking on 'Where to Buy' and entering your post code.

Pete

Peteasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

do you have pictures above the unit?

Julia Harris

Is this only an air con?
Does it heat as well.
If so how do I a just the setting. I don't have the manual

Pete

Peteasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Is there a cover over the filters above the unit?

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is mesh-style cover on the top of the unit that protects the unit while allowing air to easily pass through the unit.

Jenny F.

Jenny F.asked

DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW)

Unit keeps freezing and stops blowing cool air. Filters are clean and overflow ok

Hi Jenny,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

If you're still having the issues, you may want to check which lights are flashing and how many times while referring to the back of the user manual as this will give you an idea of what the fault may be. If you're still having issues, feel free to give us a call on 1800 138 007.

Anna A.

Anna A.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi I had an older Mitsubishi split system got it replace with heavy industries and it is not that cold. Not happy with it at all. Have on25 full fan cool mode and not that cold. My old one I would run on 27-28 and be freezing. No lights flashing. On the 2nd mode symbol. Going to phone air con installer today. Any help

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your unit. Provided it is on the correct cooling setting, it should be delivering cold air. If it is brand new, I suggest speaking to the installer.

Please let me know if the issue wasn't rectified.

Anthony chivers

Anthony chiversasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Which is the best mode and the cheapest to run in summer?

Liz

Lizasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hello, my air conditioner is not cooling and an orange light flicks on and off 6 times pauses then repeats - model DXK242ZMA-S. Any help? Thanks.

Hi Liz,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your unit. The flashing light indicates there is a a potential fault within the unit so I'd suggest filling out an online warranty request by visiting our website (https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/) and one of our service agents will be happy to get in touch and rectify the issue for you.

Hendo

Hendoasked

DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

Why does the timer light flash on DXK28ZMA-S.?

Pru

Pruasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

how do i takeoff the key lock feature

Hi Pru,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If the child lock is on, indicated by the 'key' icon on the top right hand control of the remote control, you can de-activate this by pressing and holding the 'SET' button (which has the key icon above it) on the remote control.

Sussanasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Please HELP I need a remote for my aircon anyone have and idea where to purchase? PLEASE!!!!

Hi Sussa,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can purchase a remote controls from our spare parts provider, MRE. You can visit their website http://mrespareparts.com.au or give them a call on +61 2 9600 7444.

Cheers,

Sal

Salasked

DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

I don't have the Manual for this Unit at My Rental. I have just cleaned and dried the Filters and the Unit itself. Can you Display the Sequence for Operating the Unit on the Eco Setting Please?

Gary

Garyasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

On cold mornings the heater stops working and run light flashes. Any ideas?

Ladislav S

Ladislav Sasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Need new remote control for dxk24zma-s, please help with correct part number.
I have purchased some but didnt work on my unit

Sussan

Hi did you find a remote to work your aircon? Please let me know as I have the same model and lost my remote thanks.

Jodie King

Jodie Kingasked

DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW)

DXK32ZM-S (9.2kW) We have this Split system installed. Can you please advise the recommended services required per year? Thankyou, Jodie King.

Jane
Jane

After having my old LG split system die after only 10 years I have come to learn 2 things. First they don't really and can't really be serviced, secondly you, yourself, must, must, must, clean the filters regularly on the inside unit. You do this by opening the front flap and sliding out the 2 net like filters and cleaning them. The instructions are in the manual. If you don't clean the filters about every 2 weeks (heavy use) or 4 weeks (lighter use), your inside unit will block up, start to leak and drip water and won't run efficiently. I never cleaned the filters on my old one cos I didn't know how important it is and it died. If you can't or don't want to do this yourself you will need to pay someone to do it or have a helpful friend do it. I clean my new Mitsubishi regularly now and keep it running efficiently and expect that it will live much longer than the LG. All the best.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives