See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

kjmsei

kjmseiAU

So So Cold

We love this aircon. Living in QLD it's bloody hot. We put this in the bedroom and are now having the most awesome night sleep in a lovely cold room. It's a quiet unit and came with rust protection and pest repellent. The only problem is we can't get the kids out of our room now.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

David3535

David3535Sydney

Excellent since new

Bought 7.1kw split system in October 2014. Never had a problem. I don't understand some people complaining about it. I keep the filters clean and the installation was perfect. Cools great in summer and warms well in winter. The self cleaning mode is great. It's also Geco proof. This a/c has served me well and in its 3rd year without a hassle. I've owned Panasonic previously and replaced it after 7 years. Mitsubishi Heavy industries make industrial sized air conditioners and ranked first on this area. They've been around for over 70 years, and they know how to make a/c. The one I have is the Hyperinverter and it saves electricity. Very economical to run.

Highly recommended!

A great unit especially for heating, but works very well for cooling too. We have less need for the cooling in Ballarat but find it is very effective when needed. We had good advice about installation and made sure the outside unit was elevated as a previous unit used to freeze up when below zero. Make sure you get the right installer - we did!

Dean64

Dean64Perth, WA

Mitsubishi, worst after sales service EVER !

purplewildandwacky

purplewildandwackyAU

So Cool...

I've only had this a couple of weeks and perhaps it's too early to review it, but I love it. It's coped beautifully with 4 days over 40 and has changed my life. No more shopping centres on hot days. It's quiet, efficient and cool! Expertly installed by Victorian Refrigeration, who were fabulous. Looking forward to seeing how it does in Winter.

reefa21381

reefa21381Queensland, Australia

Great quality

Great quality air cons,super quiet indoor and outdoor units , you can have pretty much any fan direction possible and also has 3d auto which is useful , silicone coated pcb boards which is great for gecko protection and also the outdoor unit is hot dipped for corrosion resistance.Would recommend to anyone and they are easy to install for a qualified installer who knows what they are doing , my reccomendation to anyone buying and air con is to pay for a good quality install if anninstaller is very cheap its cheap for a reason! and they might be here in summer but when you call them in winter when you have a problem the installer is nowhere to be found ,cheers

Severinau

Severinau

Unit failed within 12 Months

can't live without it

I bought an 8KW reverse cycle system from an air conditioning installer and it has been perfect. I live in Queensland and this unit performance is outstanding. We come home on a hot day and withing a few minutes on full blast and lowest temp the house is nice and cool. Once the house is cool I set the fan speed low and temperature to 23 and continues to cool fine. Heating on this system is equally or if not more impressive. I have a standard open plan house with 2.4 meter ceilings.

JoanPerth, WA

Great for cooling; atrocious for heating

We bought this air-conditioner on the recommendation of a sales person at The Good Guys, Malaga, Western Australia. Whilst the air-conditioner works well in the summer, the heating for winter is appalling. Do your research before buying an air-conditioner and don't just trust what some sales person has to say. Extremely disappointed and would never buy from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries again. It would seem these air-conditions are made for sale by The Good Guys.

Joan

I guess to be fair, I should state that we have cathedral ceilings. To get the lounge area warm it needs to be set to 28 at the very least.

Joan

When I re-read the manual, it did say that to heat the area you may have to use another heating device. What is the point of that?

Jen

Jenasked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi Im researching replacing our air con with split system
We have a small open plan home 13 sq
We have a large split system in our family room I think way to big for the area
What sizes do Mitsubishi split systems come in and which one would you recommend small lounge room to push into bedroom
Thankyou

Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Jen, You can download our handy room sizing chart, which will give you a good indication of what size unit you may need here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/. Our Avanti or Avanti PLUS series would likely be suitable. You can learn more about this models here -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/category/residential/split-systems/. We'd also recommend speaking to an authorised installer who can properly size up your space and provide a recommendation. You can find your local authorised dealer here - https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy. Hope this helps!

Max H.asked

DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

I had a 2.5kW DXK09ZMA-S installed Jan 2017_The installer fitted a condensate pump which after about 3 months went very noisy and turned on whether the ac was running or not, for random periods often between midnight & dawn and during the day. My complaint to the installer saw another pump installed{????} and was informed there would be noise. Subsequently the pump became noisy again, and power to the system was turned off. After about 18 months of phone calls the pump works noisily but the system wont go on. The pump runs very hot and appears to be pumping nothing except atoms of hope_ PLEASE EXPLAIN---- Max Herman

Hi Max,

While we're sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the pump on your unit, without having one of authorised service agents inspect the unit, it's had to tell what the issue might be.

I'd suggest jumping onto our website and submitting a warranty service request and one of service agents will organise to come and assess the unit for you. https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/

Max H.

Thank you for your concern and I will consider your statement as I have already spoken to MHI. It appears that a non MHI pump is sanctioned for fitment with the AC unit and supposedly there is no {???} warranty involved except that on the pump! Note the word SANCTIONED!! it appears that with a 12 month life warranty I may be up for at least another $900 -$1200 depending on the whims of the installer who has replaced it once and has still not responded to even look at it again despite calls by both my wife & myself for more than eighteen {18} months. He should have at least called into inspect it! An inspection was arranged by myself following conversation with Chris {95443400} at MHI for TCB {0439-753-101} of Corio{Geelong} and it appears the same Thing will happen with a bill in excess of $600+{approx.} for rectification of improper wiring and now a request for a power point to be installed in the ceiling space. At this point my intention is to contact Consumer Affairs to report this state of affairs and seek full redress. Note I have not had the use of this AC unit until TCB got it temporarily operative before final rectification following above mentioned details. to say we are unimpressed is to put mildly and at the moment MHI is just another swear word. My number is 52824940 if you have anything further to advise and please note we have three other units by Mitsubishi previously installed. Max HERMAN

Joseph F.

Joseph F.asked

DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi , I just bought this aircon 6 months ago, and these days the aircon is turning it's self off and then turns back on in 5 minutes during the operation in random time, is something wrong with it ? It's happened every day.... any help ? Thank you

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. Are there any lights flashing on the unit when it experiences the fault? If you refer to the back of your user manual there are some troubleshooting steps which should help you identify what the fault may be.

If you could note which lights are flashing and then give us a call on 1300 138 007 one of technical team will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you.

Glen

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries representatives

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK24ZMA-S (7.1kW)

4.4
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK28ZMA-S (8.0kW)

3.8
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK32ZMA-S (9.2kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK12ZMA-S (3.3kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)
  • Discontinued

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK18ZMA-S (5.0kW)

CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Cooling Capacity7.1kW8.0kW9.2kW2.5kW3.3kW5.0kW