Mitsubishi Electric 743L Multi Drawer MR-WX743C Series

MR-WX743C-W-A2 (White), MR-WX743C-S-A2 (Argent Silver), MR-WX743C-BR-A2 (Dark Mahogany)

• Internal Layout

Agan

AganPerth, WA

Brilliant fridge/freezer

Love this fridge. Supper quiet spacious. Have been using it for almost a year. My kids always keeps opening the ice drawer but because it's a simple drawer it just functional and unbreakable.
I wish retailers bring in more made in Japan appliances.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $3,800.00.

CurrawongSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge

Purchased in April 2021 for $3,445.00.

alenka

alenkaNorthern Region, NSW

Awesome looking fridge

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $4,000.00.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Mitsubishi Electric 743L Multi Drawer MR-WX743C Series compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

SaltypeteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

4 years into ownership. So glad we bought it!!!

Purchased in September 2016 for $3,500.00.

Best fridge I’ve ever owned : )

Purchased in December 2019.

JB

JBMelbourne, Victoria

Great fridge

Quiet, cools quickly, energy efficient. Well designed overall.

Only wished it was slightly wider, i.e. 850mm but still ample storage due to depth.

The only thing I could ask for is if the ice maker was plumbed.

Purchased in January 2020.

steve

steveCanberra 2600, ACT

Big capacity, compact measurements

This amazing 743 litre unit, gave us an extra 140 litre capacity over most other brands for our compact space. The adjustability & versatility are fabulous and so very quiet, winner!

Purchased in November 2020 at Winning Appliances ACT, Kingston.

Robin W

Robin WGippsland, VIC

Great fridge

Like the wide shelves. The spacious drawers, plenty of extra space with drawers within the drawers at the top, so you can put opened packets on them rather than fight for them in the freezer and the crisper. Love the little extra freezer. Only gripe is that the bottle holder at the bottom of the small left hand door is not big enough to hold a 3 litre milk and it is not interchangeable with the one higher up the door that can take a 3 litre, strange omission as they stick out the same width.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $2,800.00.

Ronen

RonenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great fridge for big family

Purchased in September 2020 at e&s.

blondy

blondySydney, NSW

The best

Omg I love the size and versatility of this fridge. It cost more than my hubbys car. Who cares. Ive bever been able to put a plate in a fridge. Its always been a constant juggling and squashing. Now its like a mansion with more space than food. What happened. Loving it

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,888.00.

Sandi

SandiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Compact and efficient!

Was looking for a nice fridge with decent reviews and design, and a friend recommended Mitsubishi after she had purchased one. Was very happy with the purchase even though it was on higher end, well worth the money. It was extremely quiet with easy access to all the food, and the storage is amazing for its compact design. Keeps food items fresh and drawer design is extremely convenient. The glass finish of the door makes it really easy to keep clean and makes it fingerprint proof.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $3,199.00.

Michael D.

Michael D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

One exception

We have had this fridge for a few months now and have found it to be a really good fridge, however there is one exception - it makes an intermittent high pitched noise which is extremely annoying. And disappointing as it was the most expensive that we looked at and had read reviews saying it was whisper quiet.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric
The MacLeods

The MacLeodsSouth West, WA

Who thought you could love a refrigerator this much!

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Avin S.

Avin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most amazing fridge ever

It’s a perfectly reliable household item loaded with lot of amazing features shelving could be better but not a big thing other than that it’s a great product with great quality and no issues

Purchased in April 2019 at e&s for $4,600.00.

kylie333

kylie333

Best Fridge ever

My husband wanted this fridge and I didnt really want to pay so much extra when other brands had similar/comparable offerings. He won, and he was right (dont tell him). It's really good. I find our fruit and veges last a lot longer. It's got so much room inside but actually takes up much less physical space. Everyone comments on the design and look of the fridge when they visit. It actually looks almost integrated. Great choice. It's super quiet, which is important in open plan living space. You cant go wrong buying mitsubishi - we have their spit systems too.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Horman Thomastown for $3,600.00.

Bonito

BonitoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You get what you pay for.

Purchased in April 2019 at e&s.

Janelle

JanelleIllawarra, NSW

Great fridge

You have to buy something that so many people say they LOVE. The white fits in our new kitchen beautifully, always looks clean, can't be cluttered with magnets and photos, has plenty of organised space. i haven't quite got the hang of the soft freeze/super freeze drawers but will when I get the time. I can't reach the top shelf easily so that's beloved's beer shelf. Easy to clean. Be clear on the depth of this fridge. it is deep!
Only improvement I'd like is the ability to retract half side of two shelves to make a tall space, and a cheese drawer at a warmer temp for making cheese. But I love it without that anyway.
High level of energy efficiency was a deciding factor for us also, and Mitsubishi reputation.

Purchased in November 2018 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $3,820.00.

Pete

PeteRichmond-Tweed, NSW

I Love It

Purchased in March 2019 at Betta Home Living.

Brilliant design

The first thing you notice is how beautifully designed this fridge is. Then you notice how quiet it is. It took me a while to learn to use its menu for setting drawer temps etc. Love that it makes ice and does not need to be plumbed in. Lovely generous veg drawer.
I took one star off because the shelves are flimsy and bend under weight. Our old FP glass shelves were reinforced with a metal rod. Such a shame as it it's other wise brilliant.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
See all Mitsubishi Electric Multi Drawer MR-WX Series reviews

Amanda

Amandaasked

743L Multi Drawer MR-WX743C Series

I have recently purchased this fridge and am obsessed with it so far. I do have a few questions though.
The ice takes a really long time to be made and when you set it to rapid ice it saves that function and makes it slightly faster but then goes back to normal ice setting after a short while. One would think I should have a full ice drawer by now (it’s half full) as I’ve had it a week and the water is always full plus I’ve set it to rapid ice over and over again. The fridge is not opened regularly and I don’t have it on eco or ice stop.
Next question re the versa drawer. It’s on soft freeze and I stuck a whole chicken in that drawer. I thought this would be able to be cut and or cooked immediately from taking it out but it seems rock hard to me.
Any advice would be great.
Still love this fridge regardless but when I have guests this ice maker ain’t gonna cut it.

Currawong

That seems odd. The icemaker baffled us when we first turned the fridge on and filled the water container, but it needed 24 hours or so before we started to see ice production. I tried the rapid freeze but it won't help if the rest of the fridge is still cooling down. After that it just produces all the time. Check your ice setting is just set to produce normal ice and it's not on the rapid or off mode. Other than that, check the water tank is homed in fully in the slot in the fridge.

Double check the troubleshooting on Page 37 of the Operating manual on Ice Making:

My understanding of the Versa compartment is that it is essentially another freezer compartment - just as well as the single freezer drawer on its own just wouldn't be enough going from our old side-by-side to this one.
However, it has the ability to freeze at different rates to minimise food spoilage from freezing that the ordinary freezer might do to it (e.g., some left overs, etc).
Have a read from page 14 of the Operating manual for more info about it.

Hope that helps!

Currawong

ps if you want to keep something cooler but not frozen, use the very bottom compartment in the fridge. My only complaint about those two bottom compartments in the fridge area is that I have to open both fridge doors to get to them.

Jeanasked

743L Multi Drawer MR-WX743C Series

Hi all, I'm really interested in this fridge but I do have some hesitations. Firstly may I say I REALLY WISH they were still making the middle-sized one, I think it was about 630L. If that one was still available I would have no hesitations.

Anyway, my two main questions are these:
Does the orange light in the vegetable drawer turn potatoes green?
- If I can store potatoes in the fridge it will partially solve the problem of the 743L being too big. Also I'll be able to keep potatoes for more than about three days at a time!

And has anyone found all the different settings fiddly or annoying? Can it work as a kind of set-and-forget fridge?
- I'm attracted to this fridge for its build quality and one or two other features, not so much for all the functions and I'm unlikely to use them all.

Cheers
NK

Hepl
Hepl

Once you set the fridge settings, you don't really have to go back to it. Set and forget. I never store my potatoes in the fridge. Just in a dark space. The fridge is brilliant.

Jean

Good to know on settings - thanks.

Saltypete

We store our potatoes in the veggie part and they last fine.

Littlenae

Littlenaeasked

743L Multi Drawer MR-WX743C Series

I'm looking to purchase the 743L Multi Drawer. I have a KitchenAid Ice Cream bowl that is 16.7cm high and can see from the specifications sheet the dimensions of the larger freezer drawer is 16.3 cm, so it will not fit the freezer bowl.
I would like to know if the smaller Freezer drawer is removable, even if only temporary to freeze the bowl when needed?

Mick L.
Mick L.

If you mean the clear plastic one in the main freezer draw, then it is easily removed. It's also really easy to put back in when you need it again. You lift and slide it out for ease of cleaning.

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi Littlenae,

As Mick mentioned, you can remove the clear, pull out tray in the main freezer drawer and that will give you plenty of height.

The smaller freezer drawer, or the Versa drawer is not removable. It is a good option for temporarily freezing items, but not at that height.

Kind Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

See all Mitsubishi Electric 743L Multi Drawer MR-WX743C Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives

Compare all 7 Mitsubishi Electric Multi Drawer MR-WX Series
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $4,299.00$4,299.00$4,299.00
Dimensions 1821 x 800 x 748 mm1821 x 800 x 748 mm1821 x 800 x 748 mm
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishWhiteArgent SilverDark Mahogany
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves555
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Weight150 kg150 kg150 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Capacity