Mitsubishi Electric MR-WX743C

Best Fridge ever

My husband wanted this fridge and I didnt really want to pay so much extra when other brands had similar/comparable offerings. He won, and he was right (dont tell him). It's really good. I find our fruit and veges last a lot longer. It's got so much room inside but actually takes up much less physical space. Everyone comments on the design and look of the fridge when they visit. It actually looks almost integrated. Great choice. It's super quiet, which is important in open plan living space. You cant go wrong buying mitsubishi - we have their spit systems too.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Horman Thomastown for $3,600.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

You get what you pay for.

This fridge is the update to the Mitsubishi MR-WX743Y. It essentially has an extra half star energy rating, consuming 430 kWh per year.
Now to the fridge itself. We wanted a large, quiet fridge, with an ice drawer but without the complicated plumbing. We also wanted easy access for the compartments. There were a few options, but we landed on this Mitsubishi. It was pricey, most definitely, the most pricey, but for us, we believe it's money well-spent, as long as it lasts!
The outer dimensions of the fridge aren't actually that big, due to the technology, however, the inside, is massive.
The bottom vegetable drawer is fantastic, and I've noticed it keeps them fresher than my previous fridge. It's a little less cold than the refrigerator compartment, which they say helps keep more moisture inside the fruits and veggies.
The freezer, which is the 2nd lowest compartment, is well placed, so we don't have to keep bending down all the way to get stuff. What's also great about these two drawers is the 'extra' small drawer inside. It's so well designed, easy to pull out for easy access, though you don't have to push it in when you close the bigger drawer - it'll just go back in by design. Such a nice little practical thing and less fiddling around.
These two drawers don't seem big, but boy, if you organise it right, especially the freezer, you can fit so much in! It's much bigger internally than meets the eye. Another plus, the items are so easy to access as well.
Going up, the ice drawer works well, and is very easy to use. Fill up the tray with water, and just wait and ice will form into the drawer.
The other drawer, the versa compartment, you can use the multiple things, depending on what you select on the fridge's touch-screen. Supercool freezing or hot freezing. We haven't played around with it too much yet, and are just using is more as a meat freezer at this point.
Finally, the refrigerator compartment is just that. Plenty of space (especially given veggies in the bottom drawer), and very functional. What I particularly like are the sliding cases, which I've noticed keeps products such as fish VERY fresh compared to my previous fridge. The only draw back is that the back of this draw sometimes freezes the meat of the fish slightly, whereas the front of the fridge keeps is really cold - so the fish is sometimes half slightly frozen sometimes not.
Lastly, the fridge is extremely quiet. Won't notice it in the background.
I believe you get what you pay for with this fridge. It's spacious, has heaps of technology, big energy saver, works fantastic, whisper quiet, and looks great. Is all that worth the price tag to you?

Purchased in April 2019 at e&s.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Great fridge

You have to buy something that so many people say they LOVE. The white fits in our new kitchen beautifully, always looks clean, can't be cluttered with magnets and photos, has plenty of organised space. i haven't quite got the hang of the soft freeze/super freeze drawers but will when I get the time. I can't reach the top shelf easily so that's beloved's beer shelf. Easy to clean. Be clear on the depth of this fridge. it is deep!
Only improvement I'd like is the ability to retract half side of two shelves to make a tall space, and a cheese drawer at a warmer temp for making cheese. But I love it without that anyway.
High level of energy efficiency was a deciding factor for us also, and Mitsubishi reputation.

Purchased in November 2018 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $3,820.00.

I Love It

The first good thing about it is the large capacity without looking like a monster size fridge. The fruit/vegetable drawer is on the bottom so I love that I don't have to bend down to access the freezer drawer. The ice maker is one of the best I've used and there's no need for plumbing just fill up the removable water tank. It also has a small chlorine filter between the icemaker and water tank. At first I thought the door shelves were a bit odd in design. However, now I use it I find they work perfectly. I can easily fit 3, 2 litre milk/juice containers on the bottom shelf of the right hand door plus plenty of other containers. The Versa drawer is fantastic. I have to agree with the previous review; the shelves are the only slight drawback. I gave it 4 stars because over 3 weeks ago I sent mitsubishielectric.com.au a message on their website asking a question about my new fridge and I received a typical reply email letting me know they will respond asap. I still have not received a reply. However, apart from that, I did a lot of research before buying it and I'm not disappointed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Betta Home Living.

Brilliant design

The first thing you notice is how beautifully designed this fridge is. Then you notice how quiet it is. It took me a while to learn to use its menu for setting drawer temps etc. Love that it makes ice and does not need to be plumbed in. Lovely generous veg drawer.
I took one star off because the shelves are flimsy and bend under weight. Our old FP glass shelves were reinforced with a metal rod. Such a shame as it it's other wise brilliant.

Date PurchasedDec 2018