Great for families!

Bought this around March 2017 but decided to hold providing comment till it served it's probation period :-) :-)
We were moving up from a 300L Samsung desperately needing more fridge space. We found more space and then some more with the MR-WX743Y. With 743L of space this giant offers space to store whole birthday cakes, ice creams, meat, baskets of fruit and a whole lot of veggies.
Unlike other fridges of similar size this one does not come with a need for plumbing for ice creation. This fridge comes with a fill and use water container for ice production. This worked out perfect for us as we did not really want this feature and would rather use the space for storage.
We absolutely love the "versa" compartment which can be switched between "soft freezing" and "freezer" as desired to protect the taste and texture. "Hot freezing" is an useful add-on which we rarely use though.

The only issue is that with a fridge of this size, regular cleaning of the interior and outside (very prone to finger print marks) is needed.

All in all, a good option for growing families or families with grown children. Be sure to check out Youtube videos of this product before you buy to decide if this is for you. We found that very useful in making our decision to go with this model over others.

We're In Love

This fridge ticks all our boxes. It is quiet, easy to open/soft close, spacious interior and does what it is designed to do very well. Our fruit and veg keeps fresh for way longer than our old Kelvinator kept it. All that we placed in this section just over a week ago, is still as though we put it in there this morning. The soft freeze draw is excellent for soft freezing our loaves of sour dough bread as well as meat/cheeses. Anything that you want to quickly thaw. And the freezer drawer is roomy at just at the right height to easily access anything placed in there. Our most favourite feature is the ice maker. No plumbing required. Just fill the container with water once every 24 hours, reset the fridge to Rapid Ice making every 8 hours and voila............ every hour and a half you'll hear the faint sound of a small bundle of ice cubes dropping into the ice drawer. Topping up your supply. On these hot n steamy 40 degree summer days, we are so grateful to have a drawer of ice cubes to scoop into.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Best Fridge Ever!

This fridge oozes quality and is a pleasure to use. It fits in spaces where no other 743L fridge will fit, it is the most quiet fridge I have come across , and the various compartments are very well thought out. The highly efficient use of space and compartments means that we can store so much more than we thought possible with other fridges.

So far this fridge smells much better than other makes we have had after a year or so and with the glass over burgundy finish, it looks simply stunning. Just an occasional wipe with windex makes it like new every time.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Brilliant fridge

Love this fridge. I don't know why they would discontinue the beautiful white glass model as it looks superb in our white and charcoal kitchen. The storage space is amazing and I love the Versa compartment functions of Supercool Freezing and Hot Freezing. I made Tempura Prawns two days before Christmas, deep fried them and used Hot Freezing which worked brilliantly. I then quickly fried them again on X-mas day and they were so flavoursome. The Ice Maker is a dream. Fill the 1.2 Lt water tank and you have at least 100 cubes in a matter of two hours without having to use the Rapid Freeze function. There are compartments everywhere and heaps of storage for vegetables with its huge drawer at the bottom of the fridge. No more having to cut down long vegetable, like celery and you can store large cabbages and cauliflower. At my age, I am hoping this is the last fridge I need and for the first time, I am 100% satisfied!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Amazing fridge

Bought this from E&S Nunawading for an amazing price. The fridge itself is spacious and looks amazing. Haven't had any problems with it so far. The energy consumption of 475kw/yr is low considering the size of the fridge, 743L, which is always good for the wallet. The fridge suits our needs. We don't really find we need more compartments or drink space, but then again, its just my wife and I. Just make sure you measure the height, width, depth of your fridge space before purchasing.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Heaps of room and compact

Fridge was perfect for the space i had, compact but huge storage. Storage components are fantastic, VERSA draw is handy with de-frosting and keeps ice-cream perfect. Price might be on the high side but its a fridge that will last, plus has a 5 year warranty. Very happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Life Changing Fridge!

I really love my Mitsubishi Fridge. It is amazing. They have thought of everything. I love the drawers- there is a compartment for dairy (cheeses, butter etc), a drawer for meat and cold cuts, a deep drawer with two levels for fruit and vege and a freezer, which is also a drawer with two levels. I love the ease of putting things away, having a place for everything, but best of all I don't lose leftovers in the deep dark recesses of the fridge like I used to. Technologically, I am sure it is fantastic, but I love it for the eaase of use. It just makes my life easier! That's why I love it so much!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

The very best of the best

This is one of the best appliances I have ever purchased. I avoid anything made in China (generally poor quality in my experience) this fridge was made in Japan (where I lived for many years). The attention to detail is magnificent and it is almost a piece of furniture to be admired by visitors. Quiet, compartments are fabulous, on rollers so easy to move. Motto: you get what you pay for

Date PurchasedJun 2017

So far, great

Just received the fridge but so far living up to expectations. Easy to move, no plumbing needed. Enclosed at rear which is good (our cats bring in mice that have been able to hide behind old fridge and chew various components!). The various additional drawers are great for keeping select items at the temps I want. The layout is good too - not restricted to small compartments. despite being smaller than our previous side by side fridge freezer combo, I feel like I have just as much space. Quiet and attractive. Only down side is fridge magnets don’t work on it!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Mitsubishi fridge

Good fridge Mitsubishi, freezes fast, keeps everything in the fridge cold, good looking fridge, selves easy to take out to clean, fridge is easy to clean. What more can I say I would definitely upgrade to another Mitsubishi fridge again. Love the stainless steel finish, easy to set to clean

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best Fridge Ever

Very quiet fridge and easy to clean. Love that the ice making system can be removed to thoroughly clean, unlike the plumbed in type. It looks stylish and everyone comments on how wonderful it looks. It's deceiving how much space is actually in there, especially on the doors. I did a lot of research before purchasing this fridge and we would definitely buy another one in the future.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Thrilled to bits

I love the Mitsubishi fridge. It looks great and performs even better. Easy to keep clean. I was concerned at first with the glass frontage but am converted wholly now. easiest cleaning going and I cant stick any magnets on it which stopped me from cluttering the look. the seperate cold zones are so cool... pardon the pun. Love the no plumbing ice maker. Just fill the water canister every now and then. The thought behind the layout is genius for mine. I've had it for about 12 months now and could not be happier with it, very quiet running. I have an open plan kitchen and living area and never here it. Even the icemaker is quiet. The two freezer draws are perfect and the fruit and vege drawer keeps most items fresh for at least a month I have absolutely no hesitation recommending this fridge. I had a Fisher Paykel for 20 years prior to this one and I am looking forward to another 20 with this one Thanks Mitsubishi I am a happy customer and if for any unfortunate reason i have a need to call for service i hope you back up my experience with the same level of support and service. I bought my fridge from the Betta Store in Strathpine Qld and had the best service and great deal from the salesman. Thanks Betta Store.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

This is perfect unbelievable so good Thanks to mitsubishi and thanks to japan

Good temperature, quite and easy to clean
Colour of fridge is unique and beautifully designed for every kitchen 734 litter in just 80 cm width fantastic
I LOVE THAT

Great icemaker which is not plumbed so eliminates noise and plumbing issues and beautiful design.This is made in japan with five years warranty ❤❤❤❤

The very best

This is the best fridge I have ever had it took us weeks to deside as we did not lik e the mahogany and they don’t make it in white anymore
So we loved the fridge so much we went for mahogany and we are so happy we did. The thing about this fridge is, it’s. Still made in Japan and has a five year warranty

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Best fridge I have ever had

Love this fridge.

Mitsubishi make fantastic fridges and the multi drawer model is amazing.

Great icemaker which is not plumbed so eliminates noise and plumbing issues

Hot freezing drawer is brilliant

Very very quiet and economical. Has so many features.

Cannot recommend this fridge enough it is pricey but worth it

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Very expensive but its the best

This fridge is almost perfect. The versa freezer is the best addition yet for getting warm drinks ice cold really fast. It doesn't keep lettuce crisp unless you keep it in a sealed container. Its quiet and always makes heaps of ice ready to go. Well worth the money spent.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

i love this brand, and it's made from Japan

it is a very excellent product and and i would definitely recommend it my friends and family. the ice making function is highly rated. and i specially love the individual compartment for the ice, and the individual compartment of soft freezing. Overall I just love the product itself very much.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Omg I love this fridge

Had this fridge for a month and it’s amazing, I love the French doors , different compartments and the slick white gloss look on it that gives it the expensive look. Love the ice draw as its easy to get ice and less messy than those other fridges. So silent aswell no loud noises.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great, couldn’t be more satisfied

Great fridge. Bought upon seeking reviews on this website and worth the price tag and investment. Love all the different compartment ms and the ability to customise each sections temperature from Low Medium and High. (Also options in between such as low-medium, and medium-high etc). Just very handy for making meals when you have little time and want to defrost meat quickly . The special compartment uses a technology that helps keep it below 0 but you can still cut through the meat very easily and it’s not a chunk of ice! It’s so much faster prepping meals when using minced meat or wanting to cut a portion of fish for frying without having to defrost the whole thing! The vegetable compartment at the bottom is also super spacious. This including the freezer drawer above both have 2 levels that are designed to stack smoothly and can be easily separated to retrieve items on both shelves. Also very much enjoying the ice maker this summer. The main fridge compartment is also very spacious with customisable shelves as well. The second shelf from the top is convertibles which means you can use it as 2 stories or push back the sliding shelf to make room for tall items/bottles. Very handy. I love this fridge it’s great and plenty of room for our family of 4 + frequent guests and friends

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Our best purchase of 2016

The best piece of white goods we bought in 2016, and, for that matter, over the last few years. It's pricey, but worth it. Its internal space is big enough to fit the whole weekly food supply for a large family, and then some. Automatic ice making was a thing I didn't appreciate initially, but love it now. Even the small things are properly thought through, e.g. eggs tray for 12 eggs instead of 10.
Over 1.5 years no faults, and I hope it will stay so (fingers crossed).

Date PurchasedMay 2016

What the differences between MR-WX743Y (discontinued) and MR-WX743C please?

What colours can you get in the 743L
Hi Joanne, As far as I know it comes in white, silver and maroon.That is what I heard too. But we could only see Maroon in the showrooms. My personal preference was Maroon, so lucky that way. :-)Fingerprints are a hassle to clean though.. not sure if they would show as much in white or silver.

Hi, we have the MR-WX743Y. We have been trying to set up the ice maker but the water do not go down and fill the ice tray. It is not making the ice. I’m not sure if we are missing something or not. The setting is in ice rapid at the moment.
I think you should call the support number. I just filled the water tank and it worked. I haven’t used the Rapid Freeze. Good luck.Hi Simariya, Thank you for your purchase of the MR-WX743Y refrigerator. It's a great fridge! It's been a while since you posted your question. Is your fridge making ice yet? If not, please refer to page 36 of your user manual for these troubleshooting notes: After installation of your new refrigerator, it takes 4 to 5 hours for the refrigerator to cool, and 24 hours or more in summer to make ice. Make sure ice making is not set to "ICE STOP" (you've done this) Ice tray and ice tray lock lever are installed correctly. = page 27. If the fridge still isn't making ice, give us a call on 1300 651 808. Our tech team will be able to assist. Best regards, Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

MR-WX743Y-S-A (743L. Argent Silver)MR-WX743Y-W-A (743L, White)MR-WX743Y-BR-A (743L, Dark Mahogany)
Price (RRP)$4199$4199$4199
Capacity743L743L743L
Energy Rating3.5Stars3.5Stars3.5Stars
Fridge Capacity377L377L377L
Freezer Capacity151L151L151L
Width800mm800mm800mm
Depth738mm738mm738mm
Height1821mm1821mm1821mm
Replaced byMitsubishi Electric MR-WX743CMitsubishi Electric MR-WX743CMitsubishi Electric MR-WX743C

Visit official website - Download manual