Mitsubishi Electric MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light)

Mitsubishi Electric MR-EX562W-N-A (562L, Platinum Light)

MPN: MREX562WNA

Great frig but you need to be a bit organised

I have owned this refrigerator for almost four years now. It is very well built and hasn't missed a beat mechanically. It is very quiet (almost impossible to hear that it is running) and the features such as the ice maker and the multi-purpose drawer are excellent. Other electronic features such as the bulk shop quick cool down are also brilliant (for cooling the refrigerator down quickly after loading it up from the weekly shop for example).

However there are some drawbacks in my opinion, mainly relating to the top section which is the main part of the refrigerator. If you're like me and have people in the house that use different types of milk, it is easy to run out of room in the door compartment. Also if you use lots of sauces etc, the taller ones do not fit well in this model and end up taking up valuable shelf space. The shelves themselves are made of plastic which I was surprised about given how expensive this refrigerator is.

Also the freezer drawer is in the middle and the fresh food compartment at the bottom. This is a minor point but I don't know why it isn't the other way around seeing as the fresh food and cold drink storage gets opened and shut much more than the freezer (in this house anyway). The drink storage area shares the drawer with the fresh food compartment and thus cannot be extra cold (otherwise it affects the fruit and vegetables). So if you like your drinks extra cold you need to put them in the top section of the frig which is kinda annoying. Similarly you need to put taller bottles - e.g., champagne - in the top section as the bottom drawer won't shut properly.

I guess these are somewhat minor issues but I would've preferred to know about them before buying this model - I may have gone for the larger one. It is a great frig overall and certainly seems built to last unlike a lot of other rubbish refrigerators out there.

Purchased in April 2015.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Great fridge

Reliable, consistent fridge. Surprised it fits so much in it being draws. Icemaker is fantastic. Verdi draw very convenient. Controls are easy to use. Maintains consistent temperature. Handy just opening one side of fridge to grab milk out. Compartments in the fridge are really well thought out. Highly recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Perfect for braking foods into different sections but should have bought next size up

Our Mitsubishi MR is perfect for storing things in different compartments making it easy to open only to part of the fridge or freezer you need things from rather than opening the entire door! Would have given it full stars but one star deducted because we should have bought the next size up as sometes after a single shop we fill it up to the max and wish we had a little more room

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Best fridge ever

We moved into an apartment and wanted a fridge that had the most storage and it also had to look good and this fit the bill. The ice maker is amazing as is the Soft Freeze drawer. Heaps of space in the drawers. Already planning on buying another for our new apartment in WA.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very good small fridge.

We bought this size because we did not need a big one when we live in very close to the shops. I liked the ice maker does not need plumbing connection, too.
I like the small section for light freeze, I am using it to store meat & I can slice the meat very thin after lightly freeze it. I love the large vegetable section which I can store some large drink bottle as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Exceeded expectations in most areas

The excellent performance and longevity of our prior Mitsubishi fridge made that brand our first choice for a new fridge. the position of the fridge in the kitchen made a double door model the most obvious choice, but the height of the space limited the size of the model. The fridge scores highly in its ability to keep food fresh, especially fruit and vegetables; its quietness and the ice compartment. The ability to quickly chill/freeze compartments is also useful. Whereas the capacity of the fridge was the same as the prior model, its compartmentalisation and the icemaker means the actual usable space seems less and therefore more of challenge to fit things in. However, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. Hence if choosing such a fridge my experience suggests that if your current fridge is a conventional one, you will probably need one of larger capacity,

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Perfect in every respect.

Now nearly 2 years old and hasn't missed a beat. The best thing about it for me is the little Versa drawer (not sure what it is for) but its the perfect drawer to put a few bottles of white wine in and chills them very quickly. I also like the warning beeps if a drawer or door is not fully closed.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Just wonderful

It platinum, it looks good and it has draws just great
2 years in and still going brilliantly . Love the ice maker, love the freezer two way draws. I love and my friend and family love it too. I had a certain area to fit ,
My fridge and this was one of the only ones available, so lucky with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Not what we expected

We purchased this and had high hopes. We were disappointed. Our old fridge (different brand) died on us, hence the need for a new one. We purchased this one because of the thin carcass, meaning that we could fit more "fridge" in the standard space. This one met all our requirements, until we filled it up with fresh vegetables. The vege drawer is rubbish and just rots the food. You're lucky if anything lasts a week. We are constantly throwing out vegetables that would have lasted a lot longer in our old fridge (had it not died of old age). I wouldn't recommend this fridge to anyone purely because of the vege compartment. The bottle shelf in the door was not designed for big bottles of milk either.
On the plus side, it is quiet, the versa drawer is fantastic, and it's nice to have an icemaker that doesn't need to be plumbed in.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

A place for everything and everything in its place :)

Love the design. Organised space. Initially thought is would be small but with separate space for fruit, veg, cheese, ice, ice cream, frozen items, bottles, etc, the only thing left on the fridge shelf is last night's leftovers!
I have organised it a bit more (if that's even possible!) by placing three Decor Tellfresh 4Litre containers side by side in the veg drawer (they fit perfectly) to keep veg separated from each other. I also kept the two old egg trays from my old fridge to keep in this fridge shelf (as we buy lots of eggs). I keep water bottles and soft drink cans in the front section of the veg drawer. I use the disposable low plastic containers 500ml and 750ml rom Coles to freeze things as you can easily stack 2 in the top freezer tray. Love the quick cool option after shopping trip and the quick ice making in case I forget to fill the water tub. The veg definitely stay fresher much longer than they did in our old fridge.
I would have gone for the bigger fridges from Mitsubishi Electric just for a bigger freezer section but this was the only fridge that fit in our older design kitchen with dedicated enclosed space for fridge.

The only issue I'm having is that the top tray in the main freezer section gets stuck at the back most of the time and doesn't automatically slide out when I open the freezer.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Smaller freezer space than what you imagine for the stated size

I love all the compartments in this fridge particularly the huge fruit and vegetable drawer with the top tray or more delicate fruits like avocados and peaches. The ice maker is exceptional as you don't have to plumb the fridge to water and it has a separate draw. All compartments can be individually programmed. The extra freezer drawer is a bonus. The main freezer drawer is a let down as it is hard to reach things at the rear and is difficult to stack without items getting caught on the top slide tray. The 2 small doors for the fridge section also make access to the inside a bit cumbersome. One door for the fridge would be perfect. Despite this I wouldn't swap it. I love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Amazing Fridge

The look of the fridge is a little odd but functionality, space and performance are fabulous.
The fridge has a compartment for everything and when you adjust your practice and put things where they belong it works really well.
It's quiet and apart every now and then you hear the ice fall into the compartment that provides regular ice. You need to regularly fill a jug with water that sits in the main fridge compartment. An easy task.
The main compartment has french doors that each have double bottle compartments in the doors. The main body of the fridge allows for large pots and cakes to be placed within it and it has a push back shelf as well as an adjustable shelf that raises and lowers.
The freezer is located in the second bottom compartment so you don't need to bend down. You also have a double shelf within the freezer that makes locating items easy.
I love the vegetable crisper because it's large and has a second shelf as well as keeps food dry so they don't rot.
In the central compartment is a mini freezer section which is handy for foods that don't need to freeze rock hard.
The space I had to fit a fridge in wouldn't fit most large volume fridges but this fridge has a special cooling system that allows for less thick walls so it fit within the space I had rather than go down in capacity to a 400 ltr fridge. I highly recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Perfectly Designed Fridge. Fantastic after sales support

We looked at getting the best fridge at any price, looking to own the fridge for more than 10 years. Our prior fridge lasted 15 years. Out of all the difference models (Japanese, Korean, German, Chinese), this particular series of Mitsubishi was the best because of the thoughtfulness of its design, long warranty (10 year) and high reliability (All Japanese made) from the high volume of positive reviews. Post-purchase, the customer support has been fantastic.

I'll touch on the design and after sales support.

1. Thoughtful Design

More and more, our family seek products where the designers and engineers have thought carefully about how the product will be used and how it will make the customer happy in small ways every day. This is definitely one of those products where you can see the attention and care put in my the designers.

Although the fridge is small, it has highly efficiency volume utilisation. I knew this in theory before I bought the fridge, but still, was a little concerned that since it was smaller than our old fridge, we may run into issues. I was wrong. The 562l is accurate. We have a family of 4. The main fridge is never fully packed and the invariable 3 to 4 bottles of 2litre milk, juice etc. is able to be stored in the vegetable drawer - which should be set to the coldest setting (H) if used to store milk. The adjustable fridge trays seems like a small thing, but they enable dead shelf space to be eliminated. Very innovative.

The versa tray is able to freeze as normal, or slightly less frozen. It is meant to be used for storing meats for imminent use, but we use it for ice-cream - which is always ready to scoop. This means we can set the larger freezer drawer to a deep freeze for bulk meat purchases.

The fridge is very quiet as other reviewers have pointed out.

People have asked about the colour - it looked much wamer in the showroom than it does in my kitchen. In my kitchen it simply looks like a stainless steel appliances. It is coated, so does not pick up kids fingerprints.

2. After sales support

We bought the fridge on sale from Harvey Norman (display model). Some parts were missing on delivery and once we started using the fridge, we realised that the ice-maker was not working. On closer inspection, it was clear that there were missing parts in the ice making mechanism. On calling Mitsubishi customer care, Teresa in particular was helpful in sending out a technician to assess th problem. Missing parts were identified and Peter, from the WA Mitsubishi office was prompt in call me to advise that replacement parts for the fridge had been ordered. All in all, terrific support and very satisfied with their responsiveness.

I hope Mitsubishi continue to sell and support this premium series in Australia. In 15-20 years, if required, this fridge will be replaced by another Mitsubishi because of Thoughtful Design and Exceptional After Sales Care.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

100% Love this fridge - no regrets

This fridge is super quiet - you can't hear it running at all (I have it positioned in an open plan kitchen/living room and was really worried about noise after hearing an Electrolux plugged in at the store which had a high pitched squeal - the Mitsubishi is almost silent by comparison). The functionality of the fridge takes some getting used to in that there are a number of specialised compartments (you have to put your food in the drawer that's most suitable) but the up side to this is that your food will be kept in peak freshness for so much longer. The fridge is far more spacious than the outside reveals - the versa drawer is amazing for freezing food like meat and fruit etc without it getting freezer burn or that 'defrosted taste'. The vegetable compartment is excellent (I would suggest putting your carrots and similar up top in the main fridge section - they do better without the humidity of the bottom drawer). The ice machine is quick and easy - it uses a fully removable tank that can easily be sanitized (unlike permanent connected pipes and tanks which can't be cleaned once they get that 'plastic' 'mildewy' smell). The control panel is quick and easy to operate and the lighting inside is great. I would not buy another brand of fridge after having owned this fridge - it is truly worth the money.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love it!

This fridge is worth every cent! It's super quiet, even when making and emptying the ice tray due to the noise reducing mat in the ice drawer, and the temperature control for every compartment works amazingly. The touch panel is easy to use and the finish doesn't show up fingerprints and is easy to clean. Particularly love the verso freezer and completely separate drawer for fruit and veggies.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Premium product - we LOVE our fridge!!

We purchased this fridge almost 3 years ago so I feel it's definitely time for a review. We didn't even think of spending the money or considering Mitsubishi - but this is well worth the investment.

We have a small kitchen so we purchased the MR-EX562, and this fridge is unbelievably roomy, yet compact. It's well designed and so functional. There is a place for everything. The ice maker is a dream to use, and no need for plumbing - just refill the tank and you'll have ice in hours (or even shorter as there is a dedicated setting).

it's an extremely quiet fridge, something that took us awhile to get used to - you might only hear the ice being made it's comparable to a quiet knock :) It's an easy fridge to clean and I especially love the light in the fridge, it makes everything look so clean and crisp!

The soft freeze can be converted into a full freeze but we love having the option of putting things we plan on cooking later in the week in soft freeze so it frees up space in the main freezer.

I could go on and on (and it's just a fridge, but honestly!!), but t you DON'T want to scrimp on a fridge or have to deal with repairs. The reviews speak for themselves. Compare this to Samsung or any other brand and it's a no brainer. Spend the extra money and have a fridge that is reliable, energy efficient and ticks all the boxes. Just a note though - make sure if you are purchasing any Mitsubishi fridge, make sure you get the ones manufactured in Japan.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Perfect Size

This fridge has an amazing capacity for storage and use. The temp control is great, the ice making is fantastic and actually works and the multi use soft freeze compartment can be used as additional freezing. Vegetables last longer in the crisper draw as well. Can't hear it working and is beautifully finished.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

This product is perfectly suitable for my new house.

This fridge is perfectly designed for not big area but can lodge a lot of stuff inside it I love it and it suits my new kitchen
I had the big side by side fridge before and it was too hard to locate in different houses and find enough space for that in kitchen.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Very clever design - wish I have bought it earlier

This is the only fridge I can find at this capacity with so many functional compartments that is under 1700mm tall to fit in my old fridge space in the kitchen. The vegetables drawer is spacious to hold weekly vegetables and fruits for a family of four and maintains their freshness and moisture. The front of the drawer can hold extra 2L fruit juices or milk when the top fridge runs out of space. The sliding trays in both the vegetables drawer and freezer drawer provide extra space for fruits, herbs and bread or frozen meals. Making ice is easy and can be rapidly made in less than 30 minutes. The soft freeze compartment is good for use to keep meat for tonight's dinner or set to provide extra freezer space. With all the above compartments in full use, it leaves much more rooms for me to store even a 4lb cake in the fridge. Soft cheese, yoghurt and butter are all safely separated from other items... Loving this fridge more everyday since I got it five months ago. It is more expensive than other similar capacity fridge in the market. However I have saved much from not wasting any food rotten in my fridge like before.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

best fridge ever

I love this fridge, although it is very expensive compare to other fridge, but it is easy to use and a lot of space to store. it is also easy to clean and the fridge is very quiet. And the vegetable and fruit can keep loner than my previous fridge.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015