i own a 508l one – love it!

1st. I love ice – and the ice tray is fantastic – just twist it, and it falls out into a large ice container. there's 3 ice trays, so you can freeze 36 ice cubes at a time.

2. the shelving in the door allows for 2L coke bottles to stand upright on both shelves – I like having my drinks upright and not lying horizontal. Most other fridges have one usable shelf and one useless shelf in the doors.

3. The shelves also fold in half – so that adds extra versatility. Ours are actually permanently folded, as we need the extra height for stuff.

The only thing I WISH it had, was separate fruit/vegetable areas...instead of having them both in one section;

But otherwise, I love the design, and the 5yr Parts and labour warranty was a bonus too. Can't remember what I paid for it – but it was the only fridge that made my criteria – had to have an ice box (this holds HEAPS of ice!!!) AND had to be able to hold 2L coke bottles upright on both shelves in the door. Random criteria, I know – but it frees up so much space for other stuff in the main compartment. So, you might pay a bit more than a LG, Samsung, Westinghouse, Fisher & Paykel etc etc...but it's just so much more usable!

Purchased in November 2018.

Great frig but you need to be a bit organised

I have owned this refrigerator for almost four years now. It is very well built and hasn't missed a beat mechanically. It is very quiet (almost impossible to hear that it is running) and the features such as the ice maker and the multi-purpose drawer are excellent. Other electronic features such as the bulk shop quick cool down are also brilliant (for cooling the refrigerator down quickly after loading it up from the weekly shop for example).

However there are some drawbacks in my opinion, mainly relating to the top section which is the main part of the refrigerator. If you're like me and have people in the house that use different types of milk, it is easy to run out of room in the door compartment. Also if you use lots of sauces etc, the taller ones do not fit well in this model and end up taking up valuable shelf space. The shelves themselves are made of plastic which I was surprised about given how expensive this refrigerator is.

Also the freezer drawer is in the middle and the fresh food compartment at the bottom. This is a minor point but I don't know why it isn't the other way around seeing as the fresh food and cold drink storage gets opened and shut much more than the freezer (in this house anyway). The drink storage area shares the drawer with the fresh food compartment and thus cannot be extra cold (otherwise it affects the fruit and vegetables). So if you like your drinks extra cold you need to put them in the top section of the frig which is kinda annoying. Similarly you need to put taller bottles - e.g., champagne - in the top section as the bottom drawer won't shut properly.

I guess these are somewhat minor issues but I would've preferred to know about them before buying this model - I may have gone for the larger one. It is a great frig overall and certainly seems built to last unlike a lot of other rubbish refrigerators out there.

Purchased in April 2015.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Great fridge

Reliable, consistent fridge. Surprised it fits so much in it being draws. Icemaker is fantastic. Verdi draw very convenient. Controls are easy to use. Maintains consistent temperature. Handy just opening one side of fridge to grab milk out. Compartments in the fridge are really well thought out. Highly recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Best fridge I've ever owned!!

Bought this fridge 2 and half years ago after we moved into our new house and I couldn't be happier!! I am someone who loves storage and for things to have their own spot. All the compartments in this fridge makes it so easy to organize my food. The last drawer is a big veggie drawer and it's soo practical to have that much space for your veggies. I haven't seen any other fridge like that.
We love our fridge and it looks pretty stylish too!! Expensive, but money well spent in my opinion.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Really happy-Worth every cent.

Simple, logical fridge.
Seperate compartments are the key.
All compartments do as directed.
Easy to load
Easy accessibility
Unnervingly silent
Simple unplumbed ice maker works well.
The big 655L is a great size for us, (we enjoy entertaining). We do have a seperate wine fridge.
Purchased 18 months ago and no problems.
The problematic area is that our 2L milk containers are a tight fit.
Layout is fully functional. Split trays in freezer and veggie crisper work well.
Love the additional freezer/fridge compartment,
Which I use for homemade pasta or frozen homemade meals..
My only disappointment is the E&S Trading rep’s has no idea how the fridge worked and could give us little advice. I expected more from them.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Love this giant fridge that fits into a medium space!

Absolutely love our new fridge! Capacity is phenomenal and all the different compartments make like so much easier! The separate veggie bin is an absolute wonder! Once you have one, you’ll never expect any less. The ice maker is also fantastic and no need for additional plumbing! Even if you don’t need a new fridge, go out and buy one of these!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Perfect for braking foods into different sections but should have bought next size up

Our Mitsubishi MR is perfect for storing things in different compartments making it easy to open only to part of the fridge or freezer you need things from rather than opening the entire door! Would have given it full stars but one star deducted because we should have bought the next size up as sometes after a single shop we fill it up to the max and wish we had a little more room

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Japanese Quality Fridge

I don't know where to start, this fridge is just a dream. For one it's not noisy at all, you can even hear a pin drop standing next to it. Secondly, the way the compartments have been designed, is perfect for organising foods. The ultra-cool touch display allows for easy and quick changes to temperature. The Versa drawer is a smart touch, which can be a freezer or fridge depending on what is needed. I love the ice drawer, such a great feature for those who don't want to spend thousands installing pipes. Not to mention, the stylish design. This fridge is perfect in every way.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Best fridge ever

We moved into an apartment and wanted a fridge that had the most storage and it also had to look good and this fit the bill. The ice maker is amazing as is the Soft Freeze drawer. Heaps of space in the drawers. Already planning on buying another for our new apartment in WA.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very good small fridge.

We bought this size because we did not need a big one when we live in very close to the shops. I liked the ice maker does not need plumbing connection, too.
I like the small section for light freeze, I am using it to store meat & I can slice the meat very thin after lightly freeze it. I love the large vegetable section which I can store some large drink bottle as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Exceeded expectations in most areas

The excellent performance and longevity of our prior Mitsubishi fridge made that brand our first choice for a new fridge. the position of the fridge in the kitchen made a double door model the most obvious choice, but the height of the space limited the size of the model. The fridge scores highly in its ability to keep food fresh, especially fruit and vegetables; its quietness and the ice compartment. The ability to quickly chill/freeze compartments is also useful. Whereas the capacity of the fridge was the same as the prior model, its compartmentalisation and the icemaker means the actual usable space seems less and therefore more of challenge to fit things in. However, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. Hence if choosing such a fridge my experience suggests that if your current fridge is a conventional one, you will probably need one of larger capacity,

Date PurchasedApr 2017

High tech Japanese product - outstanding

I have had this refrigerator for the past month, and it replaced a Miele. I purchased this model because of the positive reviews and it made ice! I also live in Florida USA, and many US refrigerators have "plumbed in" ice makers. My experience with refrigerators is extensive because of owning properties and my current life in the Australian tropics (Darwin - 11ºS latitude) and temperate USA (Florida is NOT tropical..humid and temperate).

Firstly, it maintains the correct temperature in its different sections or "rooms" as Mitsubishi calls them.
Secondly, the ice maker is very good and provides a drawer full of ice blocks.
Thirdly, the main freezer drawer works very well and ice cream is very hard.
Fourthly, the "soft freezer drawer" is an innovation where one can keep items at -º1C and not rock hard, such as bacon or ham, and quickly defrost for use.
Finally, the vegetable drawer maintains humidity and vegetables do keep longer.

Overall, this is an outstanding fridge, however I have a major caveat - beware!

Clearly this Mitsubishi refrigerator is very sophisticated and is supplied with an extensive and detailed "operational manual". Like all things Japanese, it is NOT made for a person who thinks one "plugs in fridge and forgets". NO! You have to program each of the compartments (one can set finely the temperature for each "room") , and as you use the fridge, instruct the fridge as one loads other items into the fridge.

Downside - it does not provide a digital read-out of the temperature for each room - I used a digital thermometer to monitor and found the temperature readings to be correct.

So far I have found this Mitsubishi fridge to be outstanding...and note it has a 10 year guarantee on its compressor.

28March18 -> Am very pleased with the fridge's performance so far....noted that it maps one's use and it is "active" in the early hours of the morning around 4AM...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect in every respect.

Now nearly 2 years old and hasn't missed a beat. The best thing about it for me is the little Versa drawer (not sure what it is for) but its the perfect drawer to put a few bottles of white wine in and chills them very quickly. I also like the warning beeps if a drawer or door is not fully closed.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Just wonderful

It platinum, it looks good and it has draws just great
2 years in and still going brilliantly . Love the ice maker, love the freezer two way draws. I love and my friend and family love it too. I had a certain area to fit ,
My fridge and this was one of the only ones available, so lucky with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Aaaaammmmmaaaazzzziiiinnnnnnggggg!!!!

would definitely buy again if I had my time over...

lots of compartments, adjustable shelf height, ice maker and also compartments that have multiple possibilities or the ability to turn compartments off.

The fridge is highly configurable and there is not much more I would ask of it... If I had more space I would of got the larger model, but 3 years in and it is safe to say I would definite buy another Mitsubishi Fridge

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Best Fridge, worth the price

I find this fridge to be great. I love all the options you have with different temperatures in various compartments. I also am a huge fan of the ice maker and compartment. The soft freeze drawer has been helpful on many occasions. The interior is spacious and we haven't run out of room yet. It does take a little while to get used to the produce being on the bottom. .

Date PurchasedApr 2017

The best refrigerator I've ever used.

Although it does not feel great from the outside, it feels really big inside. Internal design is reasonable, whether it is frozen or refrigerated, to maximize the fresh things. It runs very quiet & very power-saving, cleaning up is also very simple.The refrigerator was originally produced in Japan, the quality is great.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Not what we expected

We purchased this and had high hopes. We were disappointed. Our old fridge (different brand) died on us, hence the need for a new one. We purchased this one because of the thin carcass, meaning that we could fit more "fridge" in the standard space. This one met all our requirements, until we filled it up with fresh vegetables. The vege drawer is rubbish and just rots the food. You're lucky if anything lasts a week. We are constantly throwing out vegetables that would have lasted a lot longer in our old fridge (had it not died of old age). I wouldn't recommend this fridge to anyone purely because of the vege compartment. The bottle shelf in the door was not designed for big bottles of milk either.
On the plus side, it is quiet, the versa drawer is fantastic, and it's nice to have an icemaker that doesn't need to be plumbed in.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

A place for everything and everything in its place :)

Love the design. Organised space. Initially thought is would be small but with separate space for fruit, veg, cheese, ice, ice cream, frozen items, bottles, etc, the only thing left on the fridge shelf is last night's leftovers!
I have organised it a bit more (if that's even possible!) by placing three Decor Tellfresh 4Litre containers side by side in the veg drawer (they fit perfectly) to keep veg separated from each other. I also kept the two old egg trays from my old fridge to keep in this fridge shelf (as we buy lots of eggs). I keep water bottles and soft drink cans in the front section of the veg drawer. I use the disposable low plastic containers 500ml and 750ml rom Coles to freeze things as you can easily stack 2 in the top freezer tray. Love the quick cool option after shopping trip and the quick ice making in case I forget to fill the water tub. The veg definitely stay fresher much longer than they did in our old fridge.
I would have gone for the bigger fridges from Mitsubishi Electric just for a bigger freezer section but this was the only fridge that fit in our older design kitchen with dedicated enclosed space for fridge.

The only issue I'm having is that the top tray in the main freezer section gets stuck at the back most of the time and doesn't automatically slide out when I open the freezer.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Smaller freezer space than what you imagine for the stated size

I love all the compartments in this fridge particularly the huge fruit and vegetable drawer with the top tray or more delicate fruits like avocados and peaches. The ice maker is exceptional as you don't have to plumb the fridge to water and it has a separate draw. All compartments can be individually programmed. The extra freezer drawer is a bonus. The main freezer drawer is a let down as it is hard to reach things at the rear and is difficult to stack without items getting caught on the top slide tray. The 2 small doors for the fridge section also make access to the inside a bit cumbersome. One door for the fridge would be perfect. Despite this I wouldn't swap it. I love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2015