Mitsubishi Lancer CJ

39 questions from our users

Douglas M.

Douglas M.asked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

why does my Mitsubishi 2011 Vr Lancer have a squeak in the front right brake area after being driven for a short while about 20klms???????

Rona S.

Rona S.asked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

do the lancer 2014 LS have a timing belt if so when is it due to be replaced please

Kayla S.

Kayla S.asked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

mitsubishi lancer 2015 making a knocking sound ? can only be heard from inside the car.
happens after driving the car for awhile and once starts continues.

Jermaine J.
Jermaine J.

Take to a mechanic straight away

Terry H.

Terry H.asked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

I'm looking at buying a,2012 rally art hatch do they come with a sat nav built in

Craig G.

Craig G.asked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

2011 auto won't change out of first gear and approx 200 ml of wrong oil was added to transmission could this be the problem ?

mel

melasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

I own a 2017 CJ 2.0 ltr with the S4 Mivec CVT transmission and the factory warranty expires in December 2019. My enquiry is regarding a descending whine experienced on rolldown from the transmission whilst stopping as the trans changes from the highest to lowest ratios. The descending pitched whine is evident whatever the temperature of the engine/ transmision is, hot or cold.
Is this a normal noise with every CVT or something to get rectified. I need all the information available before taking it into the dealer, cheers.

CVT transmision.

Hi.
With my lancer is same model as yours and I do not have a whine from the gear box when the engine is changing down.

I would advise you to get your local dealer to give it a test drive. I should think if you just called into there service centre and explained your problem they would do a test drive while you wait. Best time to go to your dealer would be after lunch which is a quiet time for there reception.
Good luck

Fash

Fashasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Anyone had k&n filter on one 2012 model?

Paul G

Paul Gasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

does a lancer es muffler have a centre inlet?

FabRasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Can a cj 2011 brake master cylinder fit a 2008 model??

Nic

Nicasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Can the bottom of a radiator be maliciously tampered with like Lossen a valve or something to or loosen the engine outlet part/hose too do damage too the engine.. if there is any problem with the dash warning lights let you know?

My bottom grill screws are showing they are usually covered with lancer diamond parts. They are missing. I think someone has removed them and trying too take of my front bottom grill too tamper with the bottom of my radiator.

FabR

Have you driven over anything lately? They might have just come off....

BH57

BH57asked

Hi
I have 2009 CJ Lancer auto
I was driving along and went around a round about and it went into limp mode
I serviced it new plugs ext
Disconnected the battery and drove for about 20 km and it was fine
As I turned into my driveway it went into limp mode again!! Note this car has never let me down previously ANY IDEAS?

Jillyasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

I have a 2012 Lancer es. I’ve been told a knocking noise at idle means the charcoal canister needs replacing at a cost of $500 Is this a common problem? Some mechanics have not ever replaced one

Nanette
Nanette

Hi Jilly.
I have just spoken to my mechanic & he said it is very uncommon..
He suggested to get your mechanic to get a second hand one. It will be a lot cheaper.
Cheers Nanette

Thanks for that. Yes. It does sound very uncommon

Omar

Omarasked

Hi there,

i'm thinking of buying a 2008 Mitsubishi lancer vrx, only the car has services that haven't been done. So bascially the car had its 15,000 and 30,000 service done but didn't have its 45,000 and 60,000 and is now overdue for its 75,000 service. The car looks faultless. I'm planning on bringing a mechanic to check the car but would like to get a second advice. Any ideas?

saquib
saquib

The Q is why the owner skipped two years of minor servicing which should come capped price service if the owner bought it brand new.

It’s better of get it checked under the hood by independent professional.

rosas

rosasasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase a mitsubishi 2011 vr-x sedan with 110000 km for 11k. Any suggestions please?

brian
brian

As the reviews for this car seem alright then feel free to take the car for a test drive and preferably take a mechanic with you.
Don't be afraid to haggle on price on what you think is fair price

Novicenanny

Novicenannyasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

I am a novice buyer and was considering a Mitsubishi Lancer Es cj my09. Looking at the log book I noticed all the services were undertaken by fleet sales. Big black stamp but no dates odometer readings ticks or signatures. Is this normal? Also the book was not dirty as you would expect if noted by amechanic. 145,000 klm . No reduction I price as reduced from $11998 to $7998. Asked for service tone included and told two days later not warranted as still had 10,000 klm to go. Any advice would be appreciated. I am prepared to forego my$1000 already paid deposit. Told by dealer non refundable when paid.

R2D2
R2D2

I am not familiar with Aussie trading and management system, so I have no idea what that stamp of the log book. I would recommend if you try to deal as privately, you might better try to check that car with certified mechanics of car exam formally after agreed with the seller. I think there are some exam programs of $50 or more. Good luck.

LukeCollins
LukeCollins

Mine had done 105k and was immaculate. They are very reliable cars and my mechanics said he sees very few issues. I would get an independent test to put your mind at ease.

Stefan L

Stefan Lasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Hey guys.. i have a 2008 my09 vrx cj lancer just purchased it has 92,000km on the clock and im looking for some advise on this next service.. i want to change and replace absolutely EVERYTHING to do with filters and fluids coolants and ect.. its the 2.4L stick model... can any body give me a complete run down on what i need to change with a list of oils and fluids to use!!? thanks in advance people much appreciated!

Hi Stefan,

The car would have come with a service manual that explains what service needs to be done once certain kms have been reached. I'd start there first to ensure you fulfill what needs to be serviced first.

Then all the fluids that should be topped up and some replaced:

- Brake fluid

- Spark plugs
- Fuel injectors
- Maybe brake pads
- Air and cabin filter

Inspect hoses in the engine bay to ensure all are connected and not leaking or damaged. Check suspension and tyres to see how much tread is remaining.

For recommendations on what fluids that should be used to top up or replace old fluid, check your manual.

Clark W

Clark Wasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Has anyone upgraded a CJ (2009) lancer stereo (head unit) to a late model Mitsubishi unit with CarPlay?

Hi Clark,

There are many head units available for your car! Check ebay or search on google and you will find many that can be directly replaced with no modification needed to be done :)

tahmic

tahmicasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Hi, I have a Lancer due for its 90 000km service and have been quoted around 750 (lube mobile) to 800 (mitsi) is does that seem right?

SandyG

Yep it's right as the Transmission oil, Plugs, A/C pollen filter, Oil and Filter all require changing Id avoid Lube Mobile like the AIDS virus they are idiots Go Genuine and you wont have an issue

Hi I went too ultra tune and it cost me $550. And it wasn't gearbox change

Kaylah

Kaylahasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Hi everyone, I am looking at buy at 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer SX CJ Auto but have read a few things that can be faulty. The car only has 70k on the clock. Can any tell me whether these type of cars have major faults or are they expensive to fix once something breaks?

SandyG

Hi, Generally speaking these cars are reliable and fault free, But always check for service history and make sure all services have been undertaken if not walk away. Any Lancer with Mitsubishi service history are the best to buy as the servicing is undertaken exactly to the book.

Shaz

Shazasked

Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

Thinking of buying a white Mitsubishi Lancer active cj manual 2012. 50,000km it's advertised for $14990 is this a good price for this car? It's in a car yard so could probably talk them down abit.

gerald1
gerald1

might be an ex rental, could be ok but u could get a lower milage for that price.

Tomy
Tomy

i paid the same price for a 2013 VRX model CJ lancer that had done 60,000k's

SandyG

Currently you can buy a Current model Lancer manual for $18,990 through brisbane Dealers Bartons Mitsubishi in all colours

Other Sedans