Mitsubishi Magna

Mitsubishi Magna Questions & Answers (page 4 of 7)

TJ, TL, TW, etc...

124 questions from our users

Bailey H

Bailey Hasked

Magna TJ (2000-2003)

i have a 03 magna tj series 2 and i got a instrument cluster from an earlier model magna sports because ive always liked the look of them and was wondering is it possible to change the faces from one to the other and if so how to do so?

ken

kenasked

Magna TJ (2000-2003)

tk 2002 magna fitted a s/h transmission now engine wont run will wind over no pulse to injectors. Please help?

Simon O

Simon Oasked

Magna

2002 magna can anyone please tell me if there is any wires or sensors that need to be disconnected regarding the drivers airbag

Russ H

Disconnect battery, pull airbag unit out and unplug.

Jai B

Jai Basked

Magna TW (2004-2005)

I'm looking for at purchasing a Manga VR TW 2005 with 205000kms, has had it major service and everything seems to be fine, although some small amount of vapor smoke from engine oil cap after being driven. I've managed to get him to $4000 with a RWC, needing two new tyres, a brake light and fog lights and possibly brake pads and a faulty stereo, but it has near perfect service history from original purchase. Does anyone recommend whether this is a good buy or not? I have a mechanic looking at it in a couple days but still thought any other opinions would be great.
Have been told not to pay over $3000 knowmatter what, as its a "mitsi" unless they're a lancer, as they don't hold value anymore.
Thankyou!

andrew
andrew

at that price, you are not buying to hold value, you are buying for reliability. the vr is a damn good car , very well engineered and the Gallant v6 motor packed a punch when its properly maintained. at 200k, you will need to change the timing belt and replace the sparks which includes the 3 rear which are long life 100k iridium. this job will set u back about 1k

Brett C

Brett Casked

Magna TF (1997-1998)

Rear windows won't go down checked relay fuses front door switch

Sam290471asked

Magna TF (1997-1998)

My rear seat belts wont retract how do i get to the retention to fix it?

smok
smok

I had a look around the web for you as I don't have this issue and haven't heard of it before. Generally a non retracting seatbelt is caused by it becoming uneven or loose. but according to some of the forums that I came across, especially when it comes to a Mitsubishi Magna, a lot of people have been saying that when aseptol won't retract whether it be the front or the rear in a Magna, it needs to be replaced. Unfortunately in your case I think that would be the best option. they are very easy to get to and chances are you could pick up one fairly cheap from a wreckers. Hope that helps. If you want search Google for "Magna non retracting seat belt"

GTS
GTS

Try just a wash with soap and warm water and nail brush in bucket while the belt is clothes pegged in open position and let it dry out before taking pegs off . Works for me

Sam290471

Thanks folks all sorted i got 2 working but the 3rd one needs to be replaced thanks for taking the time answer. Cheers.

kangawolafox

kangawolafoxasked

Magna TF (1997-1998)

Magna 2000 ECU can it be used in the 1998 with the key.
My ex partner stole my keys. I read that the ECU and Key needs to be swapped over is that all I need and will the 2000 ECU fit the 1998 please.

stephen pineapple

stephen pineappleasked

Magna TE (1996-1997)

Hi Where is the sump plug on a Mitsubishi magna 1997 executive?

You should watch this.
If you already know what you're doing skip forward to 5:40. Best car to learn on as there's nothing that can catch you out, unlike the oil filter on my Landy.

941asked

Magna

Can anyone tell me how to turn the service key off from the dashboard of a 2005 Magna?

Pilch
Pilch

With time. It will eventually disappear.

It has been up now for about a month

Mike

Mikeasked

Magna TL (2003-2004)

Hi I top up the engine oil 15wD40 yellow bottles she'll oil on my magna 2004 sedan Mitsubishi
Is that right?

issam serwan

issam serwanasked

Magna TL (2003-2004)

Engine oil for Mitsubishi veranda please?

Kevin P

Kevin Pasked

Magna

TW Gear selector was not selecting when cold Had to force it first than it would be ok Now it refuses to select top gear and selects Neutral, any idea why??

Rick

Rickasked

Magna TF (1997-1998)

I have a 1997 TF magna 2.4 ltr which has been running on LPG for the past 10 years. It has now done 485000klm and still run ok apart from when I first start each day the oil light flashes on and off for a good 5 minutes and then stays off while i am driving for the rest of the day. The motor does not sound like it has no oil pressure when the light is flashing as it is rather quite.Apart form regular servicing I have not had to do any major work to the motor.I would like to know where the oil pump is situated on/in the motor. and or if any one has had this problem? I know it has a lot of ks on it but while it does not use any oil between changes and alway starts I would to keep it going as long as I can.

Russ H

You need to clean the tubes feeding the lifters oil. There's a video on YouTube of it being done. Couple of how's work with a socket set and some parts cleaner for a beginner taking their time. Mine needs doing too, poor things been doing it for ages. Worst case scenario you'll be causing premature wear to the lifters over time.

SunriseBoy
SunriseBoy

I use the Proma MBL8 oil treatment for my 1990 TP Magna. Nearly 500Ks. Still runs like a swiss clock. The stuff is highly recommended!

smurf

smurfasked

Magna TS (1994-1996)

where are the engine numbers?

Darryl C

Darryl Casked

Magna TL (2003-2004)

What does it mean when the green light comes on the dash?

Neutral is engaged

Belinda

Belindaasked

Magna TL (2003-2004)

Where do i find the transmission number on a 2004 magna?

Jan

Janasked

Magna

I have a magna mitsubishi 2003 automatic sedan.Lately I have discovered brown fluid leaked onto the garage floor,Water in the radiator is good and not overheating.When i inspect under the front of the car i can see some slow drips.Please tell me what this could be?
Warren

Jess

Jessasked

Magna TJ (2000-2003)

I have a magna v6 3.5l its start ok but wont select gears what could b the problems i look for?

Josh S.
Josh S.

Hey there, The first thing you should do is take it into your mechanic & get your transmission and gear box checked out just in case there are any faults.

Do you get it serviced and checked regularly?

Cheers

vrx

vrxasked

Magna TJ (2000-2003)

Have a 2001 vrx magna and the auto tran stop working no forward motion the dash lights on the auto panel flashed on and went up and down the the trans stop working can any one help?

Rex Nicolle

Check the fluid filter and fluid level and make sure fluid is bright red in color

Prado_Cruiser

Prado_Cruiserasked

Magna TS (1994-1996)

I need to check the gearbox oil level on a 94 magna . Where is the fill / inspection point?

Other Sedans