Mitsubishi MFZ-KJ-VE

Mitsubishi MFZ-KJ-VE Questions & Answers

MFZ-KJ25VE (2.5kW), MFZ-KJ35VE (3.5kW), MFZ-KJ50VE (5.0kW) and MFZ-KJ60VE (6.0kW)

4 questions from our users

BillT51

BillT51asked

MFZ-KJ50VE (5.0kW)

I am interested in having an MFZ - KJ series split system heat pump installed.
I am a ham radio enthusiast and retired electronics professional with 45 years in the game.
I am VERY concerned that having this system installed shuts down those interests due to excessive interference generated by this unit.
Can I talk technicalities with one of your experts as to whether additional mains filtering of the the supply coming into this unit will help mitigate the problem?
I have a local electrician onside who will install any filtering so it meets all SAA standards, whilst keeping EMC radiation to a minimum on my unit.
I would be very interested to read anything you have in the way of technical documentation on these units and how they meet EMC compliance, and to what standard and just how bad they are as to radiated "EMC crud".
If the user manual mentions it, it must be pretty bad.

Jay Kotay
Jay Kotay

Too technical for me.
But this unit does not interfere with my normal appliances, such as TV, Foxtel, AM/FM etc.
Hope this helps.

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi Bill,

Feel free to give us Technical Support team a call on 1300 651 808.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia

Liz G

Liz Gasked

MFZ-KJ-VE

With the air inlet being close to the floor, where dust bunnies settle, does the filter need replacing more often than a wall mounted unit?

chris

chrisasked

MFZ-KJ25VE (2.5kW)

Hi, l live in a small apartment, l'm not meant to have an compressor on the balcony but was hoping to build a nice wooden bench tom cover it, ls it a large compressed? O can you suggest a staller on?

Dean
Dean

Hi , I live on acreage so the outside compressor noise is not a issue, we don't notice any of the outdoor units noise when we are inside , in extreme cold it runs on hi power on initial start up for around 15 or 20 mins and the outdoor units fan is quite fast at those settings which is the only time the noise may be problem, I don't think it would be good idea to put anything around the unit to reduce noise as it would not have enough airflow, hope this answer helps cheers

mndmnd

mndmndasked

MFZ-KJ25VE (2.5kW)

So 'normal' wall mounted split systems cannot be hung on internal walls?

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi,

High wall mounted split systems can be installed on internal walls, provided these factors are met:
• Where airflow is not blocked.
• Where cool air spreads over the entire room.
• Rigid wall without vibration.
• Where it is not exposed to direct sunshine. Do not expose to direct sunshine also during the period following unpacking to before use.
• Where easily drained.
• At a distance 1 m or more away from your TV and radio. Operation of the air conditioner may interfere with radio or TV reception. An amplifier may be required for the affected device.
• In a place as far away as possible from fluorescent and incandescent lights (so the infrared remote control can operate the air conditioner normally).
• Where the air filter can be removed and replaced easily
High wall mounted systems mounted on internal walls can have issues with draining and piping.

The benefit of the floor console unit is that both the drainage and refrigerant piping can be run under the floor if your house allows it.

We recommend you speak to an air conditioning specialist, who can always confirm their design with our technical support team. You can find your nearest air conditioning specialist Diamond Dealer here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/2246.htm

Regards,