Mitsubishi Mirage CE

Mitsubishi Mirage CE (1996-2003)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mitsubishi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
Rob P
Rob P

Basic but well engineered car

BadgeVR-X
TransmissionManual
Engine Size1.5
PBR-Streetgang
PBR-StreetgangSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Run-around Car

"It's no compromise of standard features..." is not quite true, in fact the 97 Mirage is missing some that would be considered standard, like a CD Player or Power Steering. If you can do without these then the car is a good one for you, However if you are elderly i think the lack of Power Steering could be too big a negative to buy one.
Overall I find the car to be a good drive, reliable, and value for money.
Reliable, good fuel economy, fair bit of room for a small car.
No Power Steering, No CD Player

Other Hatchbacks

Kate Cani
Kate CaniAustralia

My dream car!

I always got envied someone driving mirage. I always find myself drooling whenever it passes by me. Perhaps, a year or 2, I can afford to buy one for myself. I was able to drive mirage when I insisted my friend that I will drive on our way to the beach. It was easy to control, the seat was comfortable, the aircon was seamless, everything was perfect! I envied my friend for having one. Until that I'm saving my money for 1. Finger crossed ^^

belindamcleod
belindamcleodGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

very good vehicle for a single girl as it runs smoothly and fits in to small spaces and is very reliable.
runs smoothly
3 doors

Hatchbacks

Find out how Mitsubishi Mirage CE compares to other Hatchbacks

Good

Has been a very reliable car,with a very smooth and quiet engine.On country trips, it barely moves when a big truck passes the other way as it is so aerodynamic.I have had very good service from the Mitsubishi dealer in Adelaide.
Nice wedge shape, very aerodynamic, good fuel consumption,nice weight to gearchange, very good heating & cooling, handy hatchback, supportive seats.
Rather crunchy reverse gear selection, harsh ride with light load.

billios
billios

Good

Its a very nice small car. I highly recommend this car anyone. It's very basic, not too many electronics and makes driving very enjoable. Big thumbs up.
Very small car to buzz around the city especially parking. Very relliable, I had it for abour 2 years which I bought as a second owner and had no problems at all.It's very economical especially with petrol prices now.
The only thing I disliked was the power, this one was automatic and was too slow especially when you wanted to overtake. The stereo was very average, it needs replacing if you appreciate good sound.

Memphis35

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
HillBilly
HillBilly

Rock Solid

Purchased in June 2007 at Jarvis Ford Enfield SA.

Other Hatchbacks

missj88
missj88perth

Good

its 12 yrs old an it still drives new.. its my first car and iv not had one single problem with it. it is a great choice for a first car.
iv got a 1997 model and i only pay $30 to fill the tank..
it chews through full tank within 3 days but i drive at least 120ks per day... no power steering!

Hatchbacks