Mitsubishi Mirage CE

Mitsubishi Mirage CE (1996-2003)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mitsubishi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
Tomas T Gadea
Tomas T Gadea Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great little car. I love my little mirage :)

Purchased in June 2020 for $400.00.

Colin M.
Colin M.Sydney

Great very cheap car, much better than expected

Purchased in February 2020.

Mohamed sekek
Mohamed sekekGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

!!! Best car Ever !!!

I bought this car in 2014, never had a single problem, in 3 years ran like a bullet, cheap to run, very easy to drive. Buy it your will never lose.

Purchased in October 2014 for $850.00.

Manda
MandaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The best little car!

My first car was a Mitsubishi Mirage 2003 model second hand that I learnt to drive in I’ve only had my licence for about 6 yrs and I am also a bit older and had no idea how to drive! Never had one problem whatsoever! Excellent on fuel. I got my Mitsubishi Mirage 2003 serviced every 10,000kms and never had 1 problem. A bit small was my only issue and also being a 2 door was a bit hard to get in and out of the back. I would highly recommend this beauty of a car to anyone that is learning to drive, so so easy.

Badge(No Badge)
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedSept 2012

GeorgianaVIC, 3461

Best car I've ever owned

BadgeSport
Engine Size1.2
Georgiana

An update on my fabulous Mirage, it sadly came to an untimely end when it was written off whilst stationery in my driveway. Such a terrible shame but I did get nearly 16 very happy years out of this car!

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I never sold it!

Slazmo

Just noticed that the build dates for the last generation 4 Mirage was 1995 to 2004 and not what Product review has put up...

Cosmic kicker
Cosmic kicker

I just noticed that this 2013 mirage has a mivec motor , something you said it didn't , um perhaps you got that wrong ?

Slazmo

The new Mivec motor is not the same as the previous Mivec motor and should not be considered the same. Do you even know what Mivec / modular displacement is?

sthajay
sthajayMelbourne

2002 Mitsubishi Mirage Manual

Bought second hand 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage 5 speed manual 3 dr Hatchback on 07/02/2012 with 110000kms on the odo. Excellent small car, extremely agile, reliable, smooth gear shift and spacious. Fit dishwasher, bbq, tools, so much. Just normal engine oil, filters and brakes changes till 140000kms. Fuel economy 6.6 lts/100 kms pretty good even on busy city road. Trade in this year to bigger car, Mitsubishi Outlander.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Pre 2003 Mirages are unbreakable

Hi,
I bought a 98 Mirage bought 5 years ago thinking that I will use and dump into scrap yard after few years. So I didn't do any service. Never changed the oil engine and etc. Ran 30K for 3 years and guess what, I never had any issues. It never disappointed me. After 3 years without any services done, I sold it to one my friend. Now this is his 2nd year with the car. He told me he has minor service (changed engine oil and air filter) and that's it for the last 5 years. Still running smooth and still water coming from exhausted as it is a new car. Unbelievable!!

Other Hatchbacks

Not a patch on the old one.

Bought a new manual Mirage in February 1997 and it now has close to 150000kms on the clock. One of the best cars we'e ever owned. In 18 years it has cost almost zero apart from normal, regular maintenance.
Took a new one for a test drive - not a patch on the old one, even though the new one has all of the modern safety features. Dealer offered me $200 as a trade-in, which they'd probably sell for $4000.
So the old girl will stay in the stable and is probably good for another 18 years or more.

Great car

I have the 2003 manual Mirage. It's the best little car, very fuel efficient and never misses a beat. Mines on 186000km at the moment and still going strong. Holds a lot for a small car and won't buy anything but a Mitsubishi again.

mark
markMelbourne

Mirage comes out on top, Best little Engine Ever...235,000 km still faultless :)

mitsi
mitsiMELBOURNE

little beast

a great little car i recommend a mirage to any one anyday I've been on allot of road trips in mine i have had it for about 3 years now its my pride and joy. it is my first car i would buy another mirage anyday thay are about 1 of the best small cars made great on fuel i love it. Its very reliable never had not 1 problom with it its easy for parking. its well made very nice car to drive but sadly i'll have to sell my little beast soon as its a small car I'll miss it. any i looking for a cheap small car go and buy a mirage you will love it.
very reliable a great little car
road noise. A bit more power on big hills would be nice but its not too bad.

Great first car

Slazmo

16 Valve - 4 valves per cylinder off a single overhead cam - thats the 4G15 on the Gen 4 & 5 Mirage... With the reverse gear - double clutch it so the syncro's match each others speed.

russ66
russ66AU

Great reliable small car,a perfect run about thats easy to park,has a sporty look that stops most guys calling it a girls car,I would recommend the Mirage to any one.
Owned 2 Mirages A 1996 model and a 2000 model. Nice cars to drive build quality is great and I found them to very reliable vehicles. What your getting is really a hatch back lancer, I current model lancer 2 door hatch would be more appealing than a colt.
Would have been great to get the 2 Ltr Mivec engine that was available in japan

BodyHatch

the best little car ive ever driven in