Mitsubishi Mirage

Mitsubishi Mirage (page 2 of 4)

CE, LA

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Emily Victoria Bridges

Emily Victoria BridgesAU

Good first car

Driving experience is enjoyable, suits my needs perfectly as a single person living in the city. Handles well, is kind of noisy but not any different to other cars in the same price range.
I don't like that the car doesn't have a centre console, but again this seems to be usual. Legroom is perfect for me (167cm). It's tough fitting three adults in the back comfortably, but can be done!
Thus far it's been extremely reliable and cheap to run. I fill up usually for around 20 bucks and a full tank lasts around 500kms

Date PurchasedMar 2017

DGD

DGDBrisbane

AWESOME

Admittedly this is my first car that wasnt 10 years old, so I may have low standards, but oh my god I love this car so much. I have had it over 3 years now and have had zero issues except for a flat tyre. It uses almost no fuel and it easy to fit in little spaces and can turn on a penny. If anyone is after a nifty little car this may be the one for you!

Date PurchasedJul 2014

b19ckr9bb1t

b19ckr9bb1tAdelaide

Cheap to run, suspension is quite soft though

I bought this car used at 3 years old with approx 55k on the odometer. It's cheap to run. The suspension is quite soft so it's quite bumpy on rides. If you need a car to get you from A to B , cheap to run, city driving, and you are not fussy about the ride comfort - this is a great car!

BodySedan
Date PurchasedFeb 2016
paulhags

paulhagsPerth, WA

best car for the money

I bought the 2013 mirage new I've done 100000km now not one thing gone wrong with it only replaced tyres at 76000 I get 4.1 -5.2 lt per 100km it's fantastic on fuel will be buying another one when I've done 200000km it's very light car so can get blown around a bit in a storm but fantastic value for the money

Date PurchasedMay 2013

This is the best first car to have.

To drive this is like a dream cheap to run would go buy another one. Best first car money not in your pocket all the time. So smooth on the road. It's better than Holden Astra. I bought because it was cheaper to run. The space on the inside is bigger than I through going to be. Just love it.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedApr 2017

Diana0777

Diana0777Hobart, TAS

Definitely great value for the price you pay and what you get!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

James O

James OSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor fuel economy, noisy interior.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Mummy2Be_123

Mummy2Be_123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible

Another micro car that deserves no stars. To start brake pads gone at 15000kms. Sluggish CVT engine that makes the car jump and hesitates if you have to put your foot down. I had a Suzuki Alto and that was way better. it claims to have 4.6/100kms but I can not get anywhere near that. for me it's 5.5 and that's following the little crappy eco mode on the dash.

Few cars that are better- Suzuki Alto & Kia Picanto
Beware this junk from a crap company

Date PurchasedOct 2015

IntrepidAussie

IntrepidAussiePerth

Cheated on Fuel Economy

We bought this car purely for its Fuel Economy but were misled.
The sticker on this car says Combined consumption is 4.9 L/100km, Urban 5.6 L/100km, and Extra Urban is 4.4 L/100km.
We have never got better than 7 L/100km - despite driving very carefully and mixing local and freeway trips (over a four month period).
The rest of the car is fantastic. Great turning circle. Small outside but roomy inside. Nifty to park. Very comfortable.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Billyboy

BillyboySlacks Creek

Our new favourite car.

This was the first Mitsubishi I've ever owned and I've found it to be such a joy to dive, it's really good on fuel, cheap to service and is so very comfortable. We bought this as a second car but now the family prefers this one! Really really happy customer.

Smith Carter

Smith Carter

Surprisingly Delegate and Economical Hatchback Ever

Mitsubishi Mirage is the world's most fuel efficient car in the hatchbacks with out any electric motor battery, it gives more than 40 MPG drive range on highway and more than 27 MPG in the City which makes it a Economical hatchback car ever. Decent to drive explore more with the 2016 Mitsubishi Mirage.

GeorgianaVIC, 3461

Best car I've ever owned

Georgiana

An update on my fabulous Mirage, it sadly came to an untimely end when it was written off whilst stationery in my driveway. Such a terrible shame but I did get nearly 16 very happy years out of this car!

Dutchy

DutchyBargo

Very good and reliable

We've had this car for nearly a year now without any problems. Performance is not bad for such a little engine and handling is good. The inside is roomier than it looks and looks well finished. I've sat in the back seat and had plenty of legroom. We have been driving Mitsubishi cars since 1972 and find them reliable and getting better all the time.

Steve

SteveBrisbane

It is a perfect City/Suburban runabout.

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I never sold it!

Slazmo

Just noticed that the build dates for the last generation 4 Mirage was 1995 to 2004 and not what Product review has put up...

Cosmic kicker
Cosmic kicker

I just noticed that this 2013 mirage has a mivec motor , something you said it didn't , um perhaps you got that wrong ?

Slazmo

The new Mivec motor is not the same as the previous Mivec motor and should not be considered the same. Do you even know what Mivec / modular displacement is?

John

John

Awesome little car

Good little car

Badge(No Badge)

2014 Mirage review

12 months of owning a 2014 Mirage, used daily to work, with a few minor issues:
Door unlock remote stopped working after 4 months, dealer replaced at first service.
Evidence of rust in the engine bay, will show dealer at next service.
Gentle knock from accelerator pedal heard/felt occasionally (usually within first few minutes of start up).
USB connector in glove-box, not very user friendly location.
Bluetooth hands free performs well, phone pairing is a snap.
Cruises at 100km/hr comfortably.
Conclusion: Cheap economical motoring simple and effective, built for purpose to get from A to B.

Naomi

NaomiNewcastle

Awesome little car :)

Rob P

Rob P

Basic but well engineered car

BadgeVR-X