PLATINUM LIGHT

I will write a further review after I've used the fridge for a while but so far its been wonderful - so many features and so quiet. However like a previous reviewer I would like to comment on the colour. DON'T STRESS OVER THE COLOUR. I stewed over this fridge for so long regarding the colour - the fridge looked quite bronze in the shop and I was really worried it would stand out from my other stainless steel appliances. I wanted the fridge because it has fabulous reviews, it fitted into my restrictive fridge cavity and had the largest capacity compared to comparable sized fridges. Just the colour!! So glad I purchased it - it looks as stainless steel as my other appliances, doesn't stand out at all. Even the brownish panel looks absolutely fine, hardly noticeable. It looks fabulous - can't believe I was concerned about this.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $2,979.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Rapt in colour, and set up.

Have just taken possession of one of these refrigerators, and am looking forward to learning to use it to it's full potential. Early days yet, but I wanted to to comment on advertising, and lighting in retails outlets. I almost didn't buy it as I thought it was going to have a pink tinge to it - and would therefore not fit in with other stainless steel products in our kitchen. It is not pink at all and blends in in extremely well. More a stainless steel look with grey borders. When we first saw it in a retail shop, it was very pink and the salesperson told me it was not for me, if I wanted it to be stainless steel looking.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Fabulous appliance

This was the only fridge which would provide a useful increase in volume over the previous one whilst fitting into our existing 80 cm-wide,175 cm-high space. The ice-maker using an internal water reservoir and a special ice drawer was an attraction, as was the configuration of the various compartments, with doors to the refrigerator compartment and drawers for other compartments. It looks great too.

The ice blocks are smaller than those produced in conventional plastic trays, but that just means that you use more of them. We have found that the vegetable compartment is a bit colder than is ideal - the temperature is close to zero with the temperature setting on "L" - which counterintuitively is the warmest setting. I've been moving a max-min thermometer around inside the fridge for nearly a year monitoring the various zones and have found the other zones to be more satisfactorily regulated, though the temperature range fluctuation is not as well controlled as in the previous fridge.

The smaller ice drawer and Versa drawer seemed a little flimsy at first as a result of the design of the runners, but they work. Vegetables dehydrate faster than they did in the previous fridge, even with the moisture control set as recommended, but we simply keep carrots etc. in the thin plastic bags we buy them in.

My criticisms are minor - this is the best fridge I've ever owned.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Expensive, yes. Worth it...definitely

With a fridge cavity limited to 900mm we thought we wouldn't find a fridge that would fit but had the capacity we needed. The mitsubishi is tall and deep but surprising thin in width. The nom plumbed ice maker is amaxing and the draws have heaps of space. We upgraded from an LG side by side 581l frisge and have ended up with nearly 150l more space, and because the Mitsubishi is a true 3.5 star energy fridge, our annual energy consumption has reduced by nearly 200 Kw per year. The 5 year warranty is unbeatable. Expensive, yes. Worth it...definitely.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

The Glorious Centrepiece of the Kitchen

Buying a fridge is so very boring. All fridges are basically the same...right?
Wrong!
Upon seeing this refrigerator, it just stood apart from the rest with its stylish finish and multiple French drawers.
Jump inside and these multiple compartments allow you to change the temperature of each area individually.
Stylish glass shelves and an adjustable height shelf make this unit a joy to use. Ample space for bottles and jars and even a fold back shelf!

The automatic ice drawer is a stroke of genius. I didn't want to connect to plumbing so simply filling the container in the main part of the fridge, ensures an automatically topped up drawer full of ice.

The cooling drawer is superb for cooling freshly cooked meals or alternatively use it to soft freeze ice-cream or other produce or just turn it onto deep freeze to max out your freezing space.

The bottom drawer expands the upper fridge compartment greatly and I'm often popping more than just vegetables in that area.

Come home with heaps of shopping? Easy, tell the fridge to rapidly cool any or all draws that you have placed your items in.

Check the manual and they are very straight forward about the colder areas inside the main compartment. Thus, there are no surprises when placing foods into that area. You can choose to place your food near or away from these cold spots (which are near the cooling air vents on the back wall of the main compartment).

It’s such a joy to use and I can't help polishing it so that it remains the glorious centrepiece in the kitchen.
5/5 I couldn't ask for a better purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

What does the blue stars mean that come on when you open the doors of the fridge

Hi, we only have a cavity that has a height of 1710mm. We have a ventilation in our house that applies positive pressure. Would this fridge/freezer be ok with the reduced 14mm height clearance, or would it compromise the performance and warranty?

I notice in the specification , it said require 25mm for clearance on height , whats that ? as i only got 1710
Mitsubishi would specify a minimum height for a reason. I should think that you'd be in trouble if you wanted to make a warranty claim related to the consequences of inadequate ventilation.

Price (RRP) $3,799
Dimensions 1696 x 685 x 735 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice Dispenser
Colour / Finish Silver