14Mitsubishi Electric 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Mitsubishi Electric 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series Questions & Answers

Haydn P.
Haydn P. · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Ice maker not making ice. Have clean and push through rinse cycles, however it appear no water is getting in the ice tray.... there seems like there is little that can go wrong with the simple water pump in the water tank but then how would one test to see that is turns with the magnetic setup???
Anyone else had the issue?

Mitsubishi Electric   DM

Hi Haydn, We suggest checking the user manual on page 24 for the troubleshooting guide for Automatic ice-making. Especially point 4 check if the water supply pipe has been installed correctly.
If, after checking all the troubleshooting checks the ice maker is still not making ice, please contact our service team for them to investigate this issue this can be done via external link
Thanks, Mitsubishi Electric

Hock S.
Hock S. · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Hi, I have this fridge for just over two years. Lately the left door flapper does not stay on retracted position after door is open, can you please tell me if it is due to the spring that needs replaced? Cheers. Lee

Tracy

You have a 5 year warranty on this fridge so give Mitsubishi a call. We had the same thing happen within a week of buying the fridge - Mitsubishi sent someone out to replace the part under warranty. If you have a look at my review on this page I have noted the key issue with this part failing (as advised by the repairer who came out).

David B.
David B. · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

WARRANTY

Five years.

Mitsubishi Electric   DM

5 Years (Parts & Labour) 10 Years Inverter Compressor (Part Only).
external link

James Jong Yeong L.
James Jong Yeong L. · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GSL-A2 (Argent Silver)

what is the difference between supercooling and wlde chilled

Hi James, Wide Chilling Case
The Wide Chilling Case is ideal for storing processed food such as sausages, ham & dairy products, at about 0°C to 3°C. This sliding compartment also doubles as additional chilling space for drinks.

Supercool Chilling
The lower sliding case can be set to enable the Supercool Chilling function is ideal for storing meat, fish or other perishable food without freezing it. This provides the convenience of food ready to cook without the need to defrost it. Please note this mode must be manually set in order to function.

Bruce P
Bruce P · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

How does the cover come off the rear strip light for cleaning

Monica Miao L.
Monica Miao L. · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

I’ve had this fridge a bit over 6 months now, and from day one it’s left door is lower than the right door in the closed position. The gap is as big as 1cm. I’ve looked on forums and some suggests this is normal. But I’ve loaded the doors with milk and other items and it did not help level the doors. I’ve also started to notice that cold air is leaking ever so slightly out of the right door, at the bottom inner corner. Could the uneven doors be the cause of this?

Krystal W.
Krystal W.

Yes, uneven doors could cause the air leak. Have you tried adjusting the adjustable feet under your fridge? Give that a go first and the doors may level up. If that doesn't make a difference definitely give Mitsubishi a call. Their after sales service is excellent and a major drawcard for me personally. Good luck.

Mitsubishi Electric   DM

Hi Monica, You may need to adjust the legs to level the doors of your fridge, please see page 5 of the operation manual for instructions external link
If you are having further trouble our Customer Care Team would be happy to assist, they can be contacted at external link
Regards Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

Dee
Dee · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Does the crisper drawer keep unbagged fruit and veg fresh? I don't want to have to bag everything separately as some have suggested. I've read that fruit and veg should be kept in separate compartments as they have different humidity/ethylene reactions. I live in the hot humid north where everything even onions etc have to go in the fridge.

Marcia
Marcia · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

I would like to replace the water purification filter in the water supply tank. Does anyone know where I can purchase them thank you

Jewels · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Hi, I have 5 questions please to anyone who has owned their fridge for a while.

Q1: If I buy this fridge will a rep fix the Left door issue?
Q2: Is there plenty of hight on the shelves?
Q3: Are the plastic door tubs, and slide out draws made of good quality plastic, they look flimsy and to easily to crack in photos?
Q4: Does fruit and veg stay firm and unwilted if no bags or containers are used to cover them in the draw?
Q5: Do the Vegetable and freezer draws have metal or plastic slide runners?

Bradley
Bradley

1/ we have had no problems with the flap. Use as instructed it should not be a problem.
2/ Shelves are adjustable. We fit jugs and large bowls on the lower shelf.
3/ Two sliding trays. We use one for Cheese and the other for sliced meats. Both receive heavy use from a large family and no problems.
4/ We leave fruit and veg in the bags from the greengrocer and produce stays fresh.
5/ Drawer runners on freezer and crisper are good quality steel construction. Again no problems after a couple of years.

Bradley,
This is great to know, I was concerned about the hight of shelves and the fact you’ve had your fridge for a few years puts me more at ease. Thank you so much for replying.

Mrs K.
Mrs K.

Hi Jewels,
I am still experiencing left door flap problems even although Mitsubishi completely exchanged the first fridge and a spring to the flap has beeb replaced but the problem still exists. I am now in the process of another attempt to resolve this frustrating problem but yoday have beeb told that maybe the door could be replaced.
Everything else is good. My water jug will only fit in the door becsuse of height and yes, some care required with the plastic drawers as quality is not super solid.

Thank you Mrs K. :)

Ms Happy
Ms Happy · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GSL-A2 (Argent Silver)

Hi all, it is some time ago you all reviewed. Are you still happy with this fridge? Is the 'flimsiness' of the drawers an issue or are they holding up? I am also wondering if the door closing (one reviewed this had to be done quite firmly affecting bottles stored inside) has become an issue for others over time. Thanks for sharing!

Brenda4848

I have had no trouble with the drawers at all. The centre seal, which is on the left door, very occasionally is in the wrong position when you go to close the fridge, but I don't find that an issue as it doesn't seem to happen now. Perhaps we were doing something wrong. The only real gripe I had was with the ice maker; it stopped making ice and I had to clean it 5 times before it would work again. It is also very, very slow and as we live in Cairns it cannot keep up with our needs. I solved that by buying 4 covered ice trays from Kmart which I placed in the other side of the ice drawer along with a container for emptying those trays. Issue solved. Just as a side note; I find that my vegetables keep longer. I wouldn't have bought the black glass fridge though. Every finger print and hand mark is visible - I clean it every day. Good luck, Ms Happy.

Ms Happy

Thanks heaps Brenda, that is great feedback and proves good problem solving skills ;) We live in Broome, so also hot, however we don't use ice that much so may be right with what it produces. Pity one can't seem to buy a simple white fridge anymore, I wonder if they will come back into production over time considering the complaints about staining and smudging on current models...

Mark and Sam

We got ours in December and still loving it!

New purchaser
New purchaser · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

What are the details of the issue reported with the LH door?
Is it manageable?

Mark and Sam

The left hand door issue is real and it is manageable. It must be opened from the bottom otherwise the “seal flap” stays open and the door will not close properly. If this happens a lot it will loosen the spring mechanism and the flap will stay open. When someone opens it improperly (which is inevitable) I close it and apply some pressure on it. So far so good and we love this fridge!

Brenda4848

Exactly as Mark and Sam said. It is not a major issue. In fact, It hasn't happened again after posting my review.

Geoff
Geoff · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GBK-A2 (Brilliant Black)

What is the rated power consumption of the MR-LX630EM

Brenda4848

Energy stars 4. Energy consumption (kWh/year) 390.

Buster
Buster  · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Hi
We are considering on buying..we have a slightly slopping floor. My question is can you adjust the rollers to even up?

Brenda4848

The instruction manual says to install on a solid level floor, however, both front legs are adjustable.

Cooper
Cooper · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GSL-A2 (Argent Silver)

Thinking of buying this model but Choice didn't recommend it. Read a few comments about the vegetable drawer not being cold enough and vegetables not staying fresh? Has anyone had any trouble with their vegetable drawer?

Sleeken
Sleeken

I personally haven't had any issue with the vegetable drawer in the 6ish months I've had it. We keep it pretty packed full and it has no issues keeping everything fresh.

Brenda4848

I think the vegetable drawer actually keeps my vegetables fresher and longer than ever before.

Monica
Monica · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

We have the french door fridge. Looks great etc but am wondering if the left door is meant to close without us having to push the seal in before we shut it?

Anthony
Anthony · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Our cavity is 1000mm * 1804mm. I'm concerned about the height. What do you think? Does the fridge have rollers or does it need to be lifted into position?

Mark and Sam

Hi Anthony, no lifting involved, it rolls into place. You shouldn’t have a problem

jaz
jaz · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Hi we purchased this fridge couple of weeks ago but we are having issues with our left door, it keeps shutting automatically even when we are trying to grab something. The right door is perfectly fine...Does it require adjustment?

TJR
TJR · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Hi, how important is the clearance around The fridge? We are really keen on this fridge but are 1cm short of the clearance either side. At the top there is a half shelf / Built in wine rack which would sit over the front of the fridge (about 4cm above it) but About halfway back The shelf ends and there is a larger than needed space above The fridge. Is this likely to be ok?

Hi TJR
We have the same clearance with the half cupboard above, so the height clearance should be fine.
I don't know what 1cm short of the clearance means - what clearance? We have 3cm clearance on both sides and that is not a problem.
It doesn't overheat and is working perfectly! I hope that helps.

Julie Cook · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Hi

Mitsubishi Electric 630L French Door Fridge MR-LX630EM-GBK-A2, I have existing housing of 900 mm width and 1825 height, will this be sufficient ventilation for the compressors

Regards

Simon

Hi
The fridge measures 900mm wide, so the cavity is too narrow for enough ventilation.
It is worth seeing if you can widen the space, depending on your layout. Without a doubt, the best and most innovative fridge we have had. Excellent!
Thanks.

Julie Cook

many thanks, there is unfortunately opportunity to widen space

JoR
JoR · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

How do you adjust the top doors on the fridge. They are currently about 2-3mm out of alignment.

Hi JoR,
Sorry, I am a consumer too. My suggestion is to contact Mitsubishi -
or request assistance from the supplier you purchased it from.
I hope that helps you.

Mitsubishi Electric   DM

Hi Jo, Feel free to contact us via external link  or external link .

We have seen cases where the floor at the customer's house isn't perfectly flat and can make the fridge doors go our of alignment. Feel free to contact our Technical Support team to go through a few options with you.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives

Select a listing for your question
Mitsubishi Electric 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series