14Mitsubishi Electric 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Mitsubishi Electric 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series Questions & Answers (page 2)

Eloise S
Eloise S · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Once you press the make ice button once, does it keep automatically doing it from then? Or do i need to keep pressing it to make single batches?

SAGAM

It keeps producing ice until it is full and it will auto stop and only produce more when you use the ice.

Mitsubishi Electric
Mitsubishi Electric   DM

Hi Eloise, As mentioned above, once you fill the water container, the ice maker will continue to produce ice until a sensor has detected that the drawer is full. Ice making resumes as you remove the ice. From now, all you need to do is train the household to keep refilling the water container. :-)

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

cjag · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Hi, our ice cube maker suddenly stopped working a few days ago, we were pretty much using it daily as we use a bit of ice in our household. It appears there are cubes in the tray but they don't drop. I took the freezer compartment out to have a look and everything seems OK to look at. Not sure if I should be able to empty the tray manually but it is just not turning (didn't want to try too much force, but it doesn't appear frozen over or anything). Hoping to find out if anyone else has seen this issue and maybe it's a simple fix?

Bevan T.
Bevan T.

We also suddenly have this issue. Did you find a solution?

cjag

Hi Bevan, we basically ended up logging a warranty job. The ice-making unit in the freezer compartment was replaced, which fixed the issue.

Gellie
Gellie · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

I have one of these fridges for 6 months and in the main are reasonably happy. My query is the vegie drawer- great sized space but doesn't keep vegies fresh. Carrots go soft and discoloured, and leafy greens go limp in under a week. I can't see the uv light - is this visable? I'm surprised to read comments on how good vegie crisper is, as this is not my experience.

SAGAM

I have seen no proof that this crisper has a UV light, there are some comments about the bigger version. The crisper draw needs to be at the right temp may i suggest you check it. No problem with our crisper so far... :)

Lili · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

How long does the ice maker take to make ice? How many cubes of ice at each time?

SAGAM

Needs to get the freezer to temp then it will make a full tray but not quickly, it took a two days to fill up the storage container in the freezer under the ice tray.

10 cubes each time.

thanks

RJ M.
RJ M.

Hi, we purchased a french door 564L product code MR-LX564ER a week ago. The flap on the LHS stays open and has to be manually closed so that the door can be closed. The door flap for the first few days opened and closed automatically, is there a quick fix for this?

Siddy
Siddy · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GSL-A2 (Argent Silver)

Hi All,
I have recently purchased this fridge and couldn’t find much info on what I can store in Vegetable Drawer (middle drawer). The obvious items are fruits and veggies but the user manual says drinks too. Is that correct, as I can’t find much info on it.

Thanks in advance!

PS- Love the fridge and the design.

Sriram B.

Ours is barely a week old and we are using the super chiller to store highly perishable veggies like blackberries, strawberries, etc. The middle drawer is a storehouse for all tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, Cauliflower, beans, Carrots, etc. I have not tried Wine or any drinks there.......... I am eager to hear if that is possible?

WhingeForChange · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Curious about the ice maker, is it sealed off from the rest of the freezer or does the ice taste like freezer food?

Tu Robinson
Tu Robinson

Hi, the ice doesn't taste like freezer food even though it's situated in the same freezer compartment. There are ice tray and vegetables tray on the top drawer and underneath is room for more frozen food.
We're very satisfied with the ice cube produced from the water tank provided, they looked just like the ice from the ice maker machine.

Mark M
Mark M

The ice is kept in its own separate drawer compartment which can be accessed without opening the main fridge doors. It is separated from all of the other compartments so never had any issues with the ice being tainted with other smells.

WhingeForChange

Thanks for the reply, we have a Westinghouse that is not sealed off and the ice is disgusting. Everything else is what I like so I'm good to go with getting one of these fridges :)

joe man
joe man

We have had GE, Maytag, LG and Mitsubshi all ice makers in these fridges are part of freezer compartments in separate containers that's how they freeze ice. In fact the air from freezer is circulated throughout entire fridge that's how they cool, freezer chilled air cools fridge.

Lynette B. · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

How much clearance should you allow to fit fridge into a cavity

Fishar
Fishar

As a minimum you want 50mm or 2 inches each side but the question is how much room do you have in front of the fridge to get it into the alcove?

We have the same fridge and we have around 200mm each side and 450 on top...better air flow, better heat release from motors etc

Lynette B.

Thanks for replying. It should fit in cavity

swinks

I was told 15 mm each side. It really vents to the rear and up. I only have 2.5 mm each side but i do have a 100 mm at the back with an electric fan to vent into the roof cavity. So we shall see if it ain't right the wife better get used to a crap load of 50 mm holes in the sides.

swinks

Question for Fishar how much warm air do you feel on the sides and top when running. And where is the motor situated mine comes this Tues. cheers.

Lynette B. · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

How much clearance should you allow fitting the fridge in a cavity

Linda - Oz · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

I am trying to decide between the LX, EX or WX, but the WX is $1000 more expensive. I have worked out the EX and WX are Japanese made, but this LX is a bit bigger. I am torn. How on earth did you decide to buy this particular model over the other two? Was there anything that you decided was better in this model? Is it ok that this one is made in Thailand instead of Japan?

Winco

We made the decision based on the capacity. Not where it was made. Mitsubishi's QA would be as good made in a factory in Thailand as much as it would be in Japan. So location of manufacture was not an issue for us. Regardless of where they are made, Australian Consumer Laws and your rights cover you regardless of where your product is manufactured.

If you feel you need the extra capacity, go for the LX. Mitsubishi have a good reputation in the commercial air conditioning industry. As a fridge is effectively an air conditioner in a box, you can't go wrong. Quiet. Energy efficient. Minimalistic design. Good functionality. Good warranty. What else is on your checklist?

Linda - Oz

Thank you. Does it affect the freshness of the fruit and veg without being able to control the temperature? In the wx it has both the led light as well as the ability to control the temp. I think that is the difference between them, thinner walls giving more internal space and more features for the Jap made models...but more expensive too!

Mini
Mini · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GBK-A2 (Brilliant Black)

Cannot find any information on what happens with the automatic ice maker if there is not enough water? If no further ice is needed for a few days does it still need purging after stop ice making is applied?

Winco

Hello Mini, I agree. The instruction manual does not address your first question at all. I'm not sure what you mean with reference to 'purging' but if you decide on no further ice, you have to manually switch off the ice making function. I'm not sure why. Again the manual does not specifically give reason to switch off or leave on or if the ice making pump continues to work, etc etc. Perhaps Mitsubishi, if you are monitoring this forum, could chip in with further advice on this?

Areyou Farrokhmanesh
Areyou Farrokhmanesh · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

How common is a fault in the touch display? Ours is new out of the box and locked in demo mode. I’ve tried to unlock using your guidelines but still stuck

M Hart
M Hart · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

We have recently brought one of the black French door fridge, we were having problems with the doors and drawers not shutting without effort more so than expected meaning they don't closed properly when the kids use them, real problem for a family. However we have just realised the doors to the fridge do not seal properly when closed, the left side with the middle strip seal needs force then the right side opens it when it is closed. Either way it still relaxes and we can see light even when firmly closed (we put a torch inside). Added to this the vegetable drawer opens them both when we close it. We are not happy at all with the performance and wanted to know if others were experiencing this or is ours the only lemon?

Feitastic
Feitastic

I just got mine delivered yesterday, everything was all good but this morning I just found out the same issue with the middle seal. How did yours resolve?

Mitsubishi Electric
Mitsubishi Electric   DM

Hi M Hart, Our product support team would like some more information about your refrigerator. I'll send you a private message to request some details.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

Rachel R
Rachel R · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GBK-A2 (Brilliant Black)

Is the brilliant black a glossy black colour?

umi
umi

I have a silver coloured but they have surface glass surface doors & drawers so it would appear glossy.

Yes.....glossy black

LPP
LPP · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GSL-A2 (Argent Silver)

Has anyone had an issue with water build up Mon the fruit and veg drawer ?

none

Eva
Eva · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GBK-A2 (Brilliant Black)

HI there

i'd like to ask you about the sound that it makes a couple of times per day, is that normal for that model?Refrigerator first buzzes and then calms down,,after is becoming quiet

Judi
Judi

I don't have any buzzing noise from my one.

Sriram B.

I am getting to hear this buzzing noise as well. I find it odd & little old technology

m.y
m.y · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series

Our fridge has to sit out of the 900mm wall cavity so we can open the fridge doors (draws are fine but top French doors crash into oven etc to it’s side). Can the Hinges be replaced allowing the fridge to sit flush with the other cabinetry? Thanks

Belinda
Belinda · 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM-GBK-A2 (Brilliant Black)

Hi there,

We cant figure out how to adjust the temperature on the vegetable drawer?

On what page on the instructions book do we find this?

Everything we put in there freezes.

Belinda

LPP

I believe the fruit and veg temperature is controlled by the refrigerator temperature setting

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives

Select a listing for your question
Mitsubishi Electric 630L LX Grande French Door MR-LX630EM Series