Mitsubishi Electric 500L Multi Drawer MR-WX500C Series

MR-WX500C-S-A2 (Argent Silver), MR-WX500C-W-A2 (Diamond White)
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi Electric

• Internal Layout

Hepl
HeplSydney, NSW

Perfect, quiet, functional, stylishly simple

Had this fridge for 3 years now. Loads for freezer storage and the ice draw is a big plus. It's quiet and has been a greatest addition to my kitchen. Nothing else on the market fitted the dimension requirement for my small apartment, but this fridge would suite a bigger apartment as well. It's uncannily the the most coveted and desirable thing I have when people come to visit. Could not be more satisfied. Thank you Mitsubishi for coming up with this design for the perfect sized functional and well designed fridge.

Purchased in February 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,686.00.

The Angry AntSydney, NSW

The Angry Ant

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman.

annacamtroy
annacamtroyBruce 2617, ACT

Exceptional fridge

Love the design and build quality of this fridge. Balance of space in compartments suits our family perfectly. The fact that this is not plumbed in in order to make ice is no problem as it comes with a refillable water container which is very easy to remove and fill. We use the second small freezer drawer to rapidly cool hot leftovers, but this can also be used as additional freezing space. The bottom of this smaller freezer drawer is stainless steel to allow for heated food to sit on it without damaging plastic. Could not recommend this appliance more highly.

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Mitsubishi Electric 500L Multi Drawer MR-WX500C Series compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Sandra Robinson
Sandra RobinsonPerth, WA

WOW What a fridge

This fridge is the best. Absolutely love it. The ice maker is great, keeps good temps in all compartments. Doors open and close great. Would have liked the bigger size but due to my fridge opening being too small had to settle for the 500. My last fridge was a 20 year old Mitsubishi and never ever had a problem so why not buy another Mitsubishi. The brand is slightly higher in price than the usual other brand fridges although what do you expect from such a classy fridge. And, cant hear it running which is a plus. Looks very classy also in my kitchen and have had numerous comments. Very happy with my new mitso.

Purchased in October 2019 at Fridge & Washer City Morley.

Catherine
CatherineLaunceston, TAS

The Best Fridge I’ve Ever Owned

Purchased in December 2018 at Betta Home Living for $2,500.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Kokanee
KokaneePerth, WA

Not suitable for couples or families

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman clearance centre for $2,400.00.

Shopaholic MP
Shopaholic MPSydney, NSW

Best fridge for small spaces

For a small fridge there is a lot of space. I wish the vege drawer wasn’t at the bottom but I understand why it is. I love the seperate ice drawer & versa drawer which is perfect to keep the meat apart from everything else. I’ve only had it for about 4 months & the most negative thing I’ve found so far is the bottle space in the door but I’ve solved that problem by putting extra bottles at the front of the vegetable compartment. I guess the other thing is you can’t put magnets on it cause the front is glass but I found a way to make mine look a little unique.

Purchased in March 2019 at Whitfords in Five Dock.

Richard
Richard

Beautiful refrigerator!!

Good size for apartment. Suitable for 2-3 people. Veggie and frozen drawers large and easy to use. Layout of refrigerator section good except can’t fit more than 2x2L milk in door and 3L bottles don’t fit.

Purchased in March 2019 at E&S Trading for $2,870.00.

Happy Shopper
Happy ShopperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Fridge

Mitsubishi have built an excellent fridge that looks great, works perfectly and, at 4 stars, is a real energy saver. In our 1st week of ownership we saved about $4.00 in electricity charges (versus an older 2.5 star fridge). The functions of the doors and shelves is really good; everything works well, and it is a real space saver (20% less space compared to similar capacity fridges).
It is a truly first-rate fridge.

Purchased in February 2019 at E&S Abbotsford, Vic..

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

It’s just PERFECT

I am a First time home buyer , and would like to buy the best thing in our home and this is the best among all. I just loved it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Carly
CarlySouthwest, VIC

Highly Recommended

Purchased in October 2018 at Stan Cash for $2,691.00.

Charlotte Pudney
Charlotte PudneyAdelaide

Amazing Fridge

So glad I ended up with this fridge, all the space I could possibly need! It has meant going from a smaller fridge plus extra freezer to a larger fridge where all fits in one plus a lower energy consumption per year! It is also great as it is a slimline double door fridge so that you can have a larger fridge to still fit in a smaller space!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi Electric

Best fridge ever - good enough to be a tourist attraction!

Date PurchasedSept 2018
See all Mitsubishi Electric Multi Drawer MR-WX Series reviews

Darryl 154083asked
500L Multi Drawer MR-WX500C Series

Why does this fridge have the vegetable drawer on the bottom when every other fridge stores vegetables either in the fridge section or just below it and a freezer drawer is always on the bottom.
This is a deal-breaker for my wife.

Currawong
Currawong

Hi Darryl, Good question! No idea - be glad to see what others/the manufacturer has to say about that. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it was just a design decision, to locate the colder compartments of the fridge in the centre - being the 'versa' drawer, ice maker, and freezer drawer. I do like the fact that I can sit on a stool with the bags full of apples etc and just empty them into the bottom draw, but each to their own I guess! I'm really liking the fridge's ability to keep food for a longer time (compared with our old side-by-side where our food / fruit/veges went off really quick and I didn't put it down to the poor cooling function of the fridge). This fridge has so many advantages - it's whisper quiet as well - another advantage I didn't consider before, the vege drawer on the bottom is the least of our concerns. I mean, they've got to put something at the bottom. And if they'd put a plinth there it would become too tall - as it is we had to adjust our cupboard overhead to fit the taller size of this fridge - but glad we did, switching to this fridge has been the best decision we made as it's been an awesome fridge in so many ways (sorry to rub that in if you're unable to purchase one)! :-).

Angel
Angel

Pity as our family appreciates the existing layout.
Please share your wife’s alternate purchase.

Panasonic 551L NR-CY55CGKAU
I must say it's a smart looking unit with a full width sealed vegetable draw in the fridge section so no bending and it also has another section that serves the same function as the Versa Drawer in the Mitsubishi, plus it's also considerably cheaper. I do like the Mitsubishi but I can live with the Panasonic too. Anyway, nobody can answer my question, not even Mitsubishi. The guy who replied simply said he honestly didn't know why and it was a Japanese design decision and they are not part of the process in Aust.

OneAngryCustomer
OneAngryCustomerasked
500L Multi Drawer MR-WX500C-S-A2 (Argent Silver)

I would like to know the net storage capacity of the fridge & freezer please? (I know 500L is the gross capacity). Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Doesn’t that depend on what items you place inside ?

LAM2512asked
500L Multi Drawer MR-WX500C Series

Is the ice maker in the fridge good? Any problems with it? Thank you

The Angry Ant

The Ice maker in my Fridge is a water filled one, as long as the water is up to the proper level it's sweet in that ice making container , quite in despatching the cubes...and I usually fill the container up with COLD LEFT over kettle water that has been boiled...MAKE sure the water is cool or cold! The actual ice holder has a little scoop...now if you push the ice from the back of the container the ice maker will make more ice...tiz handy cause if you leave at the level it won't make any ice...soon as you push the back ice cubes of the container to the front...it starts to make ice again...very cool n sneaky...and the ice is soo easy!

LAM2512

Excellent! Thank you. Was wondering how it would go as not plumbed in. Seems to go alright!

See all Mitsubishi Electric 500L Multi Drawer MR-WX500C Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives

Compare all 7 Mitsubishi Electric Multi Drawer MR-WX Series
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $4,199.00$4,199.00
Dimensions 1696 x 650 x 709 mm1696 x 650 x 709 mm
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Frost FreeDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins11
Weight119 kg119 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishArgent SilverDiamond White