The Best Fridge I’ve Ever Owned

The Mitsubishi MRWX500CWA fridge with its opaque white glass doors and drawers is sleek in appearance and cleverly designed to maximise storage space and minimise its physical size. Therefore it is ideal if room space is limited. The fridge is extremely energy efficient without compromising functionality. Its unique temperature control drawer system means meat, fish and vegetables stay fresher longer. It is easy to operate by a touch control door panel, easy to open and close, maintains the set temperature within the various compartments, and most importantly operates in an almost silent fashion. Having owned this fridge for some 9 mths I would highly recommend it for use by 2-3 people. For larger families Mitsubishi makes the same design in a larger model.

Purchased in December 2018 at Betta Home Living for $2,500.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Not suitable for couples or families

In order to fit water jug and more than one 2L bottle of water I've had to junk the middle shelf which was sold as convertible to a half shelf to accommodate tall items. The design is idiotic: the shelf can be halved from left to right, not down the middle, so that tall items block shorter items behind. I've broken my Brita water jug which was blocking things and knocked a small bottle of cream flying, partly because of the stupid middle shelf and because lower shelf has a sloping front that makes it too easy to inadvertently slide bottles out. Men can hardly reach in because the doors are so little and they are filled with wide shelves which invariably get bumped when you reach in. Freezer takes up more space than we need as we have a stand alone freezer. Half my fruit and veg drawer is filled with bottles, champagne tilted as it's too tall even for the drawer.
On the plus side, it's pretty. And it's nice to have separate drawers with different temperatures. I think I've figured out how to use the versa drawer, instructions were a bit confusing: I bet 99% of people never alter the factory set temperature settings. Aside from the versa drawer the rest of the settings were fairly clear.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman clearance centre for $2,400.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Best fridge for small spaces

For a small fridge there is a lot of space. I wish the vege drawer wasn’t at the bottom but I understand why it is. I love the seperate ice drawer & versa drawer which is perfect to keep the meat apart from everything else. I’ve only had it for about 4 months & the most negative thing I’ve found so far is the bottle space in the door but I’ve solved that problem by putting extra bottles at the front of the vegetable compartment. I guess the other thing is you can’t put magnets on it cause the front is glass but I found a way to make mine look a little unique.

Purchased in March 2019 at Whitfords in Five Dock.

Beautiful refrigerator!!

Good size for apartment. Suitable for 2-3 people. Veggie and frozen drawers large and easy to use. Layout of refrigerator section good except can’t fit more than 2x2L milk in door and 3L bottles don’t fit.

Purchased in March 2019 at E&S Trading for $2,870.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Fantastic Fridge

Mitsubishi have built an excellent fridge that looks great, works perfectly and, at 4 stars, is a real energy saver. In our 1st week of ownership we saved about $4.00 in electricity charges (versus an older 2.5 star fridge). The functions of the doors and shelves is really good; everything works well, and it is a real space saver (20% less space compared to similar capacity fridges).
It is a truly first-rate fridge.

Purchased in February 2019 at E&S Abbotsford, Vic..

It’s just PERFECT

I am a First time home buyer , and would like to buy the best thing in our home and this is the best among all. I just loved it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Highly Recommended

I spent quite a few days researching fridges and decided on this one. I 100% made the right decision. This fridge is so well made. The quality and design are FANTASTIC. Having different sections with drawers is wonderful. The quality of the material is high. I love everything about this fridge. Diamond white comes up very clean - can hardly see finger marks. Rolling wheels on the bottom for easy moving. My vegetable drawers have so far kept everything very fresh for quite a long time. The freezer compartment is wonderful - frost free! An alarm is door is left open. Easy to use and conspicuous control panel. Door design is top notch. Shelfs are good quality. Retractable shelf very handy for large bottles or jugs. THE BEST PART: ICE MACHINE. Non plumbed, so no worrying about replacing parts or call outs to fix. Easy to clean. Makes ice fast and very quiet. I have not even noticed it so far. The fridge itself is also very quiet. It is also very efficient with 4 stars! This is probably the best item I've ever purchased.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Amazing Fridge

So glad I ended up with this fridge, all the space I could possibly need! It has meant going from a smaller fridge plus extra freezer to a larger fridge where all fits in one plus a lower energy consumption per year! It is also great as it is a slimline double door fridge so that you can have a larger fridge to still fit in a smaller space!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Best fridge ever - good enough to be a tourist attraction!

A stunningly beautiful and well-designed product. An innovative design with its practical and easy-to-use drawers for the freezer and vegetables, also with a separate multipurpose 'Versa' drawer - these extra drawers free up normal fridge space. The only issue with this model is limited space for 3-litre milk cartons (2 litre max size for the door shelves). The in-built ice maker gets a huge tick - with its inbuilt tank that only needs filling if required, without the hassle of a plumbed-in connection & its associated risk if/when its hose or connection leaks.

Genuinely Japanese manufactured with a high quality, high efficiency (variable speed) inverter drive compressor, believed to be the highest efficiency fridge of this style & size currently on the market (would also be suitable for an off-grid house). Extremely quiet running, able to hear a pin drop, literally. It has fully met all our criteria - fridge cooling performance, versatile storage (especially for the freezer & vegetables), compact dimensions (for 500 litres), shallow doors when opening (doesn't block our kitchen access as with full width doors), requires no plumbing connection, visually attractive design, high energy efficiency and super quiet when running.

Date PurchasedSep 2018