Mitsubishi MR-WX500C

Mitsubishi MR-WX500C Questions & Answers

MR-WX500C-S-A (Argent Silver) and MR-WX500C-W-A (Diamond White)

3 questions from our users

David Jasked

MR-WX500C

We purchased this refrigerator when we renovated our kitchens. Fits perfectly.
The only issue is the vegetable drawer which we have adjusted the temperature to various settings but we still find the produce just doesn't keep fresh. We keep celery in the top part of the fridge to keep fresh. Should we have a serviceman check the fridge. Thank you

Kokanee

Im having the same issue and you remind me to adjust the temperature. Is yours on an eco setting designed to save electricity? I was avoiding plastic but veggies became limp so I'm reusing plastic bags which fridge instructions recommended. Apparently many types of fruit should not be stored with veg, which can be another cause of spoilage, so I keep fruit in top v veg in bottom.

David J

Yes we have changed the various settings for the vegetable section.
Currently on Keep Vegetables Moist setting, but still the vegetables don't keep fresh?

Shopaholic MP

Do you have the 500L or the 574L as there is a difference between the two -mainly with the fruit & veg compartment. The 500L has an amber light which should help the fruit & veg believe they are still being photosynthesised which intern should aid with keeping them fresher for longer. But the 574L does not have this feature. I also keep one type (either fruit or veg) on top section & one below depending which I have purchased more of that week.

CHJ

CHJasked

MR-WX500C

Please can you advise if the Versa can be used as a permanent full freezer drawer?

This seems like the perfect fridge for our new home, but lacking all the freezer space Id like if we just have the one drawer.

Thanks, in anticipation!

Shopaholic MP

The versa drawer has 2 settings. Soft freeze or just st freeze. So yes you can turn into a permanent freezer if you want.

Kokanee

I use mine to freeze fresh food then transfer to freezer, this avoids having warm food touch frozen food. You can also fast freeze or "supercool" fresh food, then the drawer returns automatically to soft freeze after 8 hours so you need to move it or set to colder freeze mode.

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

The Versa drawer has a temperature range of -9 degrees C to -5 degrees C, while the freezer has a temperature range of -22 degrees C to -16 degrees C. This may mean that some items should be stored in the Versa drawer for a shorter time period compared to the freezer.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Jan

Janasked

MR-WX500C

what happens to the ice in my ice compartment if I turn my fridge on to energy saver?

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives