Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW) Questions & Answers

15 questions from our users

Sunny

Sunnyasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi. I used to install all PANASONIC split systems, but decided to give Mitsubishi Electric a try this time round.
I bought 4 split system units of MSZAP25VGDKIT 1.25HP 2.5/3.2KW, REVERSE SPLIT, R32 DRED.
and 1 unit of MSZAP80VGDKIT to install in my house.
Two of my 2.5kW unit is playing up. When I turn to AUTO or HEATER mode, and set 24 or 25 degrees, when I increase the fan speed, the unit does not respond, as though it is running on AUTO FAN. It blows air when it wants to, and ceases when it doesnt want to.
When I set the vertical vane downwards, it also does not respond. The vane is always blowing horizontal, sometimes, it will tilt down and blows hard, then go back up again in dormant state.
I wonder why is this happening, when I deliberately set the fan speed and vertical vane direction, it should respond so. But it is acting as though it is in AUTO fan and AUTO vane. Very frustrating.
I do not have issues with the other units, only this one.
The units are only 4 months old.
Can someone please advise if the units are faulty? I have gone through the User Manual several times, but there was no solution to the problem. Thank you.

Lynton
Lynton

Sounds like it is short of refrigerant. Vane will only go down and the fan will only run at 'normal' speed when indoor unit coil is at the correct temperature. Sounds like the coil occasionally gets to temperature, the vane drops down, the fan starts up, the coil loses too much temperature due to the airflow, then it tries again. Classic short of refrigerant! See your installer as it's not going to be a warranty call. I'm a refrigeration mechanic with 30 years experience and I also almost exclusively install Mitsi Electric.

Hi Sunny,

As mentioned, please speak with your installer.

Should your installer not be able resolve this for you (they can always contact our technical support team for assistance), you can lodge a service request with us via: https://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/service-request-for-consumers.html

Your installer should be able to assist in the first instance.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Matthew C.
Matthew C.

G'day Sunny. I am just wondering how you went with your mitsubishi split system that wasn't working properly on the heating function. I have the exact same issue as you did. The vane and fan speed will only work sometimes. And it is like it has a mind of its own. Just wondering if you found the problem. Cheers, Matt.

Gds

Gdsasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi there, i was wondering if you could answer my question, I have a reverse cycle model number MUZ-GE25VAD I was wondering what year they were released? thanks Glen

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

The MSZ-GE series, which includes MUZ-GE outdoor units, was released in 2009.

Kind regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Help

Helpasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

My 2 months old air con mszgl25vgd is not working the Botton light is blinking , what’s going on ?

Christopher
Christopher

I'm not a technician, however, the bottom light on my unit also blinked after about 5 minutes and shut down. The initial problem was a faulty PCB on the outdoor component. When this was replaced it was tested again and the compressor had failed also. I've written to Mitsubishi, initially they responded within a day and asked for copies of quotes, details of model and serial numbers etc. I have forwarded this information to them, it's been 2 weeks now but I have not received any response since.

Hi,

Can you kindly provide your contact details so that a member of our Customer Care team can contact you to organise an ASP to come out to side and resolve the issue?

Royasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Is there a dehumidifying function in GE & GL series? I couldn't see anything in the specs on the official website?

Sara

Hello Run it on dry mode ,fan goes slow.Its dehumidification.

Sara

Hello Run it on dry mode ,fan goes slow.Its dehumidification.

Lauren

Laurenasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Just had our split system regased because ac wasn't working the best all seemed ok for a day or so but now we try and cool down the room with ac it stays cool for a few minutes then blows out hot air. How can we get this sorted before a hot summer?

Leah S
Leah S

I have just had to replace my air-conditioners with Gree systems I had mine re-gasses about 4 times in just 12 months, my Mitsubishi systems were just 12 months old and so much trouble I ripped them out, compresses gone, run out of gas I think they have worked for about 1 month only since new

SHELTIE123

SHELTIE123asked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have just seen the Mistubishi Heavy industry model in Good guys but the model on the sale price sticker at the store is SETDXK24ZMA-S No one has mentioned this model . Just wondering if they are the same as the ones Ken has mentioned he has had for years?

Ken G

No way. I've had mine (2) for 14 years. But without a moment's trouble, you would think that would be a great recommendation. However, who knows? The Panasonic I bought to replace my Mitsubishi Electric which lasted 6 years (because I had one other fantastic Panasonic) turned out to be completely different from the one I had installed just 2 years earlier, even though it was exactly the same size and power. It's noisy and performs poorly. So what can you rely on these days?? I don't know.

NanaK
NanaK

Hi Sheltie. There are two different Mitsubishi aircon companies, one is Mitsubishi Electric, which is what this thread, and the model numbers mentioned, is all about. The other is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. They are TOTALLY different companies. Mitsubishi Heavy is the brand sold by the Good Guys, and according to many reviews (check out review website called Whirlpool) is by far the superior brand, as mentioned previously by Ken. It is also the brand that was Choice no 1 in 2015, but that was for the 2.0 kW model. Not every model/wattage of either make get equal reviews. For instance, the top rated 2.5 kW on Choice in 2015 was a very expensive Daikin at 96%, followed by three equally ranked LG's, at 81%. There were three Mitsubishi Heavy and the LG's in the top ten, and Mitsubishi Electric quite a bit further down the list. The model this thread is discussing ranked 67%. (Choice's overall score is made up of cooling efficiency (40%), heating efficiency (40%) and airflow (20%)., as copied from their site.

TLD

TLDasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have just purchased 3.5 small room, I am finding the auto Mode doesn't work and it takes ages to kick to start heating is this normal ? Am I doing something wrong, I read the instruction book ... I am freezing on the auto mode I have tried it high and I have tried it low, this is the main reason for me buying it. ;-(

Hi Terri-Louise,

Sorry to hear this air conditioner is not heating like it should, especially with some of the cold mornings we have been having!

Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 651 808 and we'll sort it out for you.

Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Customer Support

Michelle

Michelleasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I'm confused by the comments above on how quiet these units are. I've recently purchased a MSZGE25VA and ran it for the last 2 hot nights. Although it cooled the room beautifully, it CONSTANTLY woke me up with it's craking and clicking at random intervals around every 10 - 15 mins. Has anyone else had these issues? I'm not the heaviest sleeper, but even my husband who sleeps though anything has woken up a few times. The technician came out to take a good look and declared it is 'normal' expansion/contraction of the plastic/metal as they move at different times causing the random clicking sounds! Not good enough! I especially purchased this unit based on recommendations on how quiet it is as it had to be situated above our bed head, but I can't even use it on quiet mode due to it waking me up all night! I have to resort to the fan on full blast to drown out the noises.I would now rather sleep hot with a $12 fan. I wish I could get a full refund. How can others say it is so quiet?

Hi Michelle. Sorry to hear you find the unit noisy
I was advised not to have any air conditioner directly above the bed so it was mounted about a metre away. Only heard occasional small sounds when it changed cycles. Operation was whisper quiet. I'm an exceptionally light sleeper _ can hear a tap dripping rooms away and never once was disturbed by the Mitsubishi unlike a Fujitsu fitted in a family room that constantly crackles and hums. It will be replaced by a Mitsubishi unit at first opportunity.

Ken G

I don't think this will help you much Michelle, but I have a 3 year old Panasonic directly above my bed and it is so quiet, that on low you wonder if it's on at all, and no cracks or clicks. So last year I installed another Panasonic exactly the same size, but updated model, in my study, and there is no comparison, with an annoying loud hum on anything over the lowest setting, and obvious changes in noise level as it kicks in and out - I couldn't sleep with it. So it appears that they just don't make them like they like they used to, and I suspect whatever the brand, they are made in China for the lowest possible price, and quality suffers.

jezzoom
jezzoom

Hi Michelle, that's unfortunate, sorry to hear of your issues, that sounds very frustrating! As with all things mechanical and electrical, there is a certain amount of variation from one unit to another, it's hard to find a product that's sure to be winner. I had ours on a couple of nights back with the fan down low and it is basically silent, haven't noticed any clicks at all. We have a fujitsu in the lounge that I havent noted to be noisy either, but I don't sleep in there, so probably wouldn't notice.

All the best, I hope you find a suitable solution.

Froy

Froyasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Do split system aircons have to be re= gassed at some point? If so when ?

Lulu

Hi I've been told only recently by air conditioning mechanic that systems aren't regassed any more except for the rare occasions when gas might be lost during a repair job. Given the cost of repairs it's often more economical to buy a new system. I moved recently to a house with 6yr old Fujitsu split system and cooling wasn't working properly. Cost $200 for mechanic to diagnose problem and tell me i'd be better off buying new one. New Mitsubishi being installed

coop

coopasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

My sons air con has the option of just using the fan without heating or cooking just to circulate the air but the Mitsubishi 3.5kw inverter GEseries doesn't appear to have this option. Can anyone tell me if it does? I see it has a dry option but the engine still runs using this option.
Any help will be appreciated,

Dear Coop,

The MSZ-GE Series does not have a fan only mode. The modes of operation supported are: AUTO, COOL, DRY and HEAT. DRY mode is actually used to dehumidify the room, and may actually cool the room slightly.

One option is to use the ECONO COOL function. This will save some energy use. Set the temperature as you would normally, the press the ECONO COOL button. The unit will automatically be set 2 degrees higher, but the vertical air flow vane will move up and down in a way to create a variable breeze effect. Essentially, variable air flow feels cooler than constant air flow. So while the temperature is set 2 degrees higher (and saving you power usage) it still feels OK.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Support

rick

rickasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have three of these units installed in my house,over the last couple of months one after the other the ouside fans have ceased to operate,the compressers are all working yet there is no heating or cooling,the operation led display now only lights one instead of two,had a fire some time ago with a cieling fan and a short occured an power tripped out.have tried to reset,although hardwired do the outside units have a fuse that may have blown to stop the fan?? Help im melting

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear you have issues with these models. We would like to help you. Can you please contact Mitsubishi Electric Customer Care Hotline on 1300 651 808 or service@meaust.meap.com for assistance.

Shane

Shaneasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

How much to run per hour?

Hi Shane,

The cost to run an air conditioner depends on the rate charged by your energy provider. A useful tool for calculating running costs can be found on the Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) Program website: http://www.energyrating.gov.au/.

Kind Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Support.

Greg

Gregasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have a room 3.82m by 5.32m (so slightly less than 24m2).
Will the MSZ-GE25KIT be enough to cool and heat this room?
It only needs to cool and heat this one room.

Magpie_Paul

YES, A BIG YES.. I have it in a 12" x 11" bedroom & it does it easily, would do 3 times the size. 2 of my walls are mainly glass & in the direct sunlight in the mid morning & full afternoon till dark...plus I have a lot of & I mean a lot of electric equipment as in T.V.'s and the like, these put out a fair bit of heat & I hate being even slightly over warm when trying to relax. plus a 10 foot tropical fish tank which runs at 26 degrees which heats the room when the door is closed. & opening the windows just pisses me off as the wind blows the blinds & if I pull them up the sun is horrendous & I can't see a thing.. so I have to keep them down & mainly keep the windows shut so as to get some peace. & the summer heat can make me stress to the MAX as I try to relax and then sleep. AS for HEATING it does it easily here in Tassie... cheers

Gubbo

Gubboasked

Piping required for a 3.6 kw please

Magpie_Paul

about a 20mm water drainage hose.. pref a flex hose ..from the indoor stage of the air-con (where the air comes out into the room) must be able to connect to this and drop lower than the bottom of the inside section (RE: where it connects) to a drain or ground outside..... but as for the rest, it's up to you if installing it by yourself,,, RE: the power cord from the indoor section to a power point ,, or wired all the way to your power box, (not a good idea) as to expense... it can be plugged straight into a power point AS IT'S only about 700 WATTS if you don't mind the power cord running down the wall or across and down to a power point... then the power runs from the indoor section to the outside section this could be TRICKY as to the distance from the outside unit to the inside unite and walls and or roofing ...ALONG the SAME path as this power from unit 1 to 2 you need to run the insulated tubing for air con AGAIN FROM UNIT 1 to 2...but I'm not sure on what this is (size or what ???), maybe copper with some insulation around it.. well I do know it has insulation around it ...and that's it.... the out door section then needs to be DE PRESSURERISED by a pump to make it work.. this should be done by a sparky or the likes....THE WHOLE JOB SHOULD BE DONE BY AN INSTALLER .. cost me about $700.00 and the out door section is only 3 feet away from the indoor section ??? RE: not much piping and wire....so it cost me the same to get it put in by the supplier as the purchase price ,,about $1500.00 all up...but the best $1500.00 I'VE EVER SPENT... cheers

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

The pipe size is ¼” & ⅜”. Please refer to the installation manual [http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/assets/LEG/JG79A152H03.pdf]. If you have any other technical questions please contact our technical support staff on 1300651808, for an immediate response. Installation must be carried out by a qualified installer or the 5 year warranty may be at risk.

Wally26

Wally26asked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

It rated very good in Choice review.
Can anyone tell me why it doesn't have a fan only function , and also no sleep function?

Magpie_Paul

it does have a timer ...''off n on''..i know what you're saying about just a fan ..but not worth the running cost although it might be cheap as only the fan but it'll wear it out quicker...believe me running it with just a fan is pointless as it'll just circulate the out through any gaps quicker and then it'll need to run fully to cool the room down again,,pointless,,the econno mode is fantastic as its quiet and just seems to leak beautiful cold air into the room ...fantastic...getone you won't regret it...the best money i've ever spent...

See all Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series questions