Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE50VAB (5.0kW)

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE50VAB (5.0kW)

Tracy D

Tracy DSydney

Great for cooling small areas

This unit is a little noisy especially if you're sitting underneath it watching TV, but once it reaches the desired temp all is quiet. We meant to get a much bigger capacity as our house is very open plan, but this one came and we didn't want to wait for the right one. It cools down the lounge room but doesn't reach much further. So you need to be in front of it to cool off. It's really important to get the right unit for the area you want cooled. In hindsight we should have waited. We know next time! The control is easy to use. We use a gas heater in winter, I don't think this air con would have the capacity to heat the house effectively so we won't even try that function come winter. It is nice looking.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Sean.S

Sean.SFremantle

Perfect for dismal whether

The heating and cooling of my AC is perfect. I try to usually keep it at 24 degrees but for those miserable days it works magic. It is quiet, depending on fan speed and the installation was brilliant. Easy to use and as my household is rather large, it can cool down 5+ rooms with ease.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

How old is my MSZ-GE50VA. serial number 3003887?

Am very happy with its performance.Can you tell me when it was bought?
I filled in the incorrect date of purchase as this stopped me from submitting if I left it blank. I have just bought a house and this air conditioner is installed in the lounge in Parnell, Auckland New Zealand.

Date PurchasedJan 1997
craig wright

craig wrighttumut

Excellent and reliable

I have been using this system everyday for the past six months and it is always on and set to around 17 - 19 degrees. It does not take long to start up and cool the room and is very easy to use. How noisy it is depends entirely on fan settings. I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

martin

martingeelong

Great machine...ambiguous remote

Efficient cooler, we use ours for lounge, TV room and kitchen, does a good job and pretty quiet. I'de buy another.
Like most remotes, its a bit unclear the difference between a "sun' symbol and a "snowflake" but after a while you get the hang of it, could be more intuitive, i.e. its hot so I WILL want cool air! or vice versa..

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Ms

MsNapier

An great pump that works well in a high ceiling old house

Heats well in an old farmhouse with very high ceilings. We put it on an hour before we get home in winter and the two rooms it heats are warm. We were very impressed with the Noel Leeming service and bought two! Our only concern is that they seem a bit noisy. It may be the fan pushing the heat out. We do use an old fashioned Raffles style ceiling fan in conjunction with the pump. This works well as the fan brings the heat down. The price was good because we bought through the Farmlands card. Alan in the Hastings store is excellent. Always good advice.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

boothcam

boothcamBaulkham Hills

Brilliant

Date PurchasedJun 2016

pat m

pat mPerth

at last its cool

Its a fantastic unit very quiet and keeps us warm in winter and so cool in summer . Its so simple to use my 11 year old son is the main operator lol. The settings remote have everything you need at your fingertips so easy. The whole process from start to finish to have the unit installed was stress free and done on time

Date PurchasedSep 2015

See all Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series reviews

Happy

Happyasked

Hi! I'm looking at purchasing this unit as I previously had a smaller Mitsubishi unit and loved it. Very quiet. Is there any known issue with this unit? And how is the service when & if needed?

harry_nguyen
harry_nguyen

Hi, these units are not quiet as advertised at all. Heating can take ages to heat up. I'm using Fujitsu for my business for 5 years very quiet, fast heating and cold, also quiet too. What a joke service when they said the vibration and noise is normal. I will not buy Mitsubishi again.

If you buy this unit, make sure you have them installed on the ground NOT on the wall.

Kind regards,
Hope this helps.

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi,

We are happy to hear your smaller air conditioner has performed well. The MSZ-GE series overall is our most popular and we have these going into homes across the country. We have had many customers say how quiet they are and have to check they are actually on.

It all comes down to the installation. The best advice we can give is to get a reputable refrigeration technician to install it. There are steps in the installation process that must be completed otherwise it might cause performance issues in years to come. Feel free to use the Where to Buy locator on our website and give one of our Diamond Dealer air conditioning specialists a call for a quote to supply and install. The Installation Manual describes the best installation method to prevent noise.

The other thing is a little maintenance really helps. Read the user manual and clean the filters when it says you should. This will help to keep your unit running in top condition.

Should you need after sales support, we have a Technical Support team which are more than happy to answer any questions you might have and an Authorised Service Provider network nationally who look after repairs.

Hope that helps.