Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW) Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Bebe D.

Bebe D.asked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Cost of servicing the fan

Hi Bebe,

Please give us a call on 1300 651 808 and we will put you in touch with a repairer who can give you a quote for servicing.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia

Kellie

Kellieasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

How long should I expect my Mitsubishi air conditioner to work for before needing to be replaced?

carcoarkid
carcoarkid

About a week after the warranty runs out.

Reg A

Reg Aasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Hi my mitsubishi Reverse A/C outdoor unit fan is cutting in and out too often and not going on for very long
What could this problem be?

Gaz

Have you got the temperature setting set to high i.e. 28 if its 30 outside.
It could be the capacitor in the external unit - have a Mitsubishi air-con tech/ installer check it.

Lucia Dasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Our unit which is one year old 71VAD model the outdoor unit is making one consistent beep and it won't stop. What's wrong with it and how do we disable it? Should we call an electrician it's been working fine till now.

JodieAnne
JodieAnne

I would be concerned about it, but I'd call Mitsubishi first. They may be able to guide you through some procedures to try before employing an electrician. I have not had that issue with mine so unfortunately can't offer any solutions.I looked for an answer in my instruction manual for you but unfortunately I have been given two "indoor unit" manuals and no outdoor unit manual at all. I'm sorry I couldn't be on any further help.

Gaz

Suggest you call Mitsubishi Repairer/installer.

Lucia D

Thanks for looking. I rang mitsubishi and booked it in under warranty as the unit is only 9 months old and we had it installed in winter so this is the first time we really used it. Only annoying thing is the beeping just stopped so when the repair guy came to check it out there wasn't anything to see but a working unit. The outdoor unit is outside but the area it is in a roofed outdoor area with meshed in walls so he said its likely it overheated as it in as free flowing air as if it was completely outside. He recommended on the really hot days to hose the back of the outdoor unit with the hose on demist for a good half hr to help cool the unit down. Fingers crossed there isn't any more issues going forward.

Ken

Kenasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

what's the difference between MSZGL and MSZGE Series?

Csabster
Csabster

As far as I can see the GL is quieter and more energy efficient that the GE and the GE series runs on R410a
GL series runs on the newer R32 gas.

Hi Ken,

The GE series is now a superseded model which has been replaced by the GL series. The GL series has a higher efficiency and utilities R32 refrigerant.

Hope this helps.

SDKasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Our units are as follows:
Mitsubishi Indoor Sitting Room Model MSZ-GE71VA-A1 SN:2006976T
Outdoor Mitsubishi Model MXZ-6C120VA-A1 SN:200426
Mitsubishi Indoor Bed 1 Model MSZ-GE25VA-A1 SN:2003925T
Mitsubishi Indoor Bed 2 Model MSZ-GE25VA-A1 SN:2007139T
On cold mornings the indoor units will not start sometimes for hours - we just have to wait until the temperature rise outside sufficiently above about 7ºC which is quite ridiculous.
At other times wether for cooling or heating the units work instantly.
The outdoor condenser unit is mounted correctly undercover and on a tiled verandah and only in the sun in the mornings in summer.
Units are clean and air filters changed regularly.
Units were installed about 5 years ago.
I am an electrician who has worked with industrial building refrigeration but not on this small scale.
Can you suggest an adjustment as I am aware that the units should be able to extract warmth out of the outside air right down to 4ºC. Correct?
Please Advise.
Thank you.

Beejay
Beejay

Sorry can't help you I'm just a customer not an electrician

I think I must have written it the wrong area - thanks Beejay

Glenn d J
Glenn d J

Your outdoor unit ( condenser ) is rated to work down to minus 15 degrees below 0 for mitsibishi electric . You have an issue with it , call a Friggie for help , most probably a themistor is faulty .

Pete

Peteasked

Air con capacity?

monaro2003
monaro2003

I have installed at 2.5kw unit in the Master bedroom.

Rob

Robasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

I have a MSZGE71VAD, it is continually in standby mode and does not cool is there a fix?

PauPau
PauPau

Hi Rob, best to check your User Manual, make sure your settings are not on auto if all else fails call manufacturer or aircon company to see if they can advise....stay cool

boothcam
boothcam

The unit will be hard wired to the power supply, if you wish to isolate, turn off at the mains. Auto should work on both cool & heat. Mine is set on 23 deg & works fine. Sometimes just switching off at the mains will clear a problem, after all it does have a computer chip controlling it. Go back to your supplier / installer, if there is obviously a problem.
Good luck

HET

HETasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Does this air con have a drying cycle on shut down?

Gonzj
Gonzj

Yes, and works very well

Tonirob1

Tonirob1asked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Does this have fan only mode?

Rosemary58

It does have a fan mode. So you can have it on fan only.

Rosemary58asked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

I have MSZGE71VAD, it is leaking water from inside. What is causing it?

Sam
Sam

If it never used to happen, dust may have fallen into the drain pipe and blocked it. This happened to me when I tried to dust the top of the unit after removing the filter. Always dust the unit while the filter is in place, then once dusted, clean the filters. The easiest way to clear a blockage like this, it's a bit gross, but wrap your lips around the drain outside the house and give it a gentle suck until the water starts flowing. DO NOT BLOW or you'll make a mess inside the unit and you could cause water damage to the electronic components. You might want to have a glass of water handy to wash your mouth out with ;)

harvey barry

harvey barryasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Does mszge71va have electric eyes?

Hi,

No, this particular series does not. But the i-See sensor can be found in the MSZ-FH Series: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/msz-fh-series-wall-mounted-air-conditioners.html.

Kind regards,