Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series

Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW), MSZ-GE35VAB (3.5kW), MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW), etc...

63 questions from our users

Reg A

Reg Aasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Hi my mitsubishi Reverse A/C outdoor unit fan is cutting in and out too often and not going on for very long
What could this problem be?

Gaz

Have you got the temperature setting set to high i.e. 28 if its 30 outside.
It could be the capacitor in the external unit - have a Mitsubishi air-con tech/ installer check it.

Lucia Dasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Our unit which is one year old 71VAD model the outdoor unit is making one consistent beep and it won't stop. What's wrong with it and how do we disable it? Should we call an electrician it's been working fine till now.

JodieAnne
JodieAnne

I would be concerned about it, but I'd call Mitsubishi first. They may be able to guide you through some procedures to try before employing an electrician. I have not had that issue with mine so unfortunately can't offer any solutions.I looked for an answer in my instruction manual for you but unfortunately I have been given two "indoor unit" manuals and no outdoor unit manual at all. I'm sorry I couldn't be on any further help.

Gaz

Suggest you call Mitsubishi Repairer/installer.

Lucia D

Thanks for looking. I rang mitsubishi and booked it in under warranty as the unit is only 9 months old and we had it installed in winter so this is the first time we really used it. Only annoying thing is the beeping just stopped so when the repair guy came to check it out there wasn't anything to see but a working unit. The outdoor unit is outside but the area it is in a roofed outdoor area with meshed in walls so he said its likely it overheated as it in as free flowing air as if it was completely outside. He recommended on the really hot days to hose the back of the outdoor unit with the hose on demist for a good half hr to help cool the unit down. Fingers crossed there isn't any more issues going forward.

Ken

Kenasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

what's the difference between MSZGL and MSZGE Series?

Csabster
Csabster

As far as I can see the GL is quieter and more energy efficient that the GE and the GE series runs on R410a
GL series runs on the newer R32 gas.

Hi Ken,

The GE series is now a superseded model which has been replaced by the GL series. The GL series has a higher efficiency and utilities R32 refrigerant.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Jayasked

MSZ-GE Series

Hi there, my Mitsubishi split system doesn't blow hot or cold Air, as soon the supplier installed it was not working, then I notify he sent another Electrition and that person said incorrect wiring to outdoor unit , then he fixed it was working. This was installed in my guest room and I don't use very often. After one year this stop cooling then when I notified to Mitsubishi service dept. (As the supplier closed and gone)
Then Mitsubishi came and replace the pub board MUZ-ge35va in outdoor unit it was working find. Now again after just after 5years this stopped. No cooling or heating.
What should I do Mitsubishi service centre not bothered to answer me? Will it cost lot more to fix this . I know it is the pcb is blown again.
Jay

fann
fann

I am sorry but I don't know the answer to your question.

Hi Jay,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your air conditioner. There can be many different reasons for an air conditioner to cease operating, these are not limited to the product.

We want to assist you ASAP. Our technical people will have a few questions so please contact Mitsubishi Electric Customer Care Hotline on 1300 651 808 or lodge a new Support Request here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/Log_Service_Request.htm.

Mitsubishi Electric Customer Support

SDKasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Our units are as follows:
Mitsubishi Indoor Sitting Room Model MSZ-GE71VA-A1 SN:2006976T
Outdoor Mitsubishi Model MXZ-6C120VA-A1 SN:200426
Mitsubishi Indoor Bed 1 Model MSZ-GE25VA-A1 SN:2003925T
Mitsubishi Indoor Bed 2 Model MSZ-GE25VA-A1 SN:2007139T
On cold mornings the indoor units will not start sometimes for hours - we just have to wait until the temperature rise outside sufficiently above about 7ºC which is quite ridiculous.
At other times wether for cooling or heating the units work instantly.
The outdoor condenser unit is mounted correctly undercover and on a tiled verandah and only in the sun in the mornings in summer.
Units are clean and air filters changed regularly.
Units were installed about 5 years ago.
I am an electrician who has worked with industrial building refrigeration but not on this small scale.
Can you suggest an adjustment as I am aware that the units should be able to extract warmth out of the outside air right down to 4ºC. Correct?
Please Advise.
Thank you.

Beejay
Beejay

Sorry can't help you I'm just a customer not an electrician

I think I must have written it the wrong area - thanks Beejay

Glenn d J

Your outdoor unit ( condenser ) is rated to work down to minus 15 degrees below 0 for mitsibishi electric . You have an issue with it , call a Friggie for help , most probably a themistor is faulty .

Pete

Peteasked

Air con capacity?

monaro2003
monaro2003

I have installed at 2.5kw unit in the Master bedroom.

Philasked

MSZ-GE42VAB (4.2kW)

We plan on installing a new MSZ-GE 4.2KW unit our installer plans to use an existing 10 amp power circuit but my uncle who is retired electrician advocates a new circuit back to the switch board, is that necessary??

Davo
Davo

The manufacturer's specification for this unit shows that it can draw up to 10 amps, so it should indeed be on its own circuit rather than sharing a 10 amp. circuit with other loads. Also, the manufacturer suggests a 10 amp. circuit breaker (this has a similar protective function to that of a fuse, but has advantages including the option of being fitted with an earth leakage trip - ask your uncle about this).
Regards,
David (ret'd, comms and commercial computers etc.)
P.S. my background makes me conservative - zero risk-taking.

Phil

Thank you David, much appreciated!

Glenn d J

Legally no. It's under the 10 amp range .and depending what on that circuit . The amp draw of a 4.2 inverter won't trip it unless it's say on a dryer circuit or heavy draw appliance . Will just become a nuisance trip if overloaded .

Rob

Robasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

I have a MSZGE71VAD, it is continually in standby mode and does not cool is there a fix?

PauPau
PauPau

Hi Rob, best to check your User Manual, make sure your settings are not on auto if all else fails call manufacturer or aircon company to see if they can advise....stay cool

boothcam
boothcam

The unit will be hard wired to the power supply, if you wish to isolate, turn off at the mains. Auto should work on both cool & heat. Mine is set on 23 deg & works fine. Sometimes just switching off at the mains will clear a problem, after all it does have a computer chip controlling it. Go back to your supplier / installer, if there is obviously a problem.
Good luck

Tricia

Triciaasked

MSZ-GE Series

Do you have muzge35vad. 4 w mitzsibishi how much for air con and installation ?
Thankyou Tricia

Lizzie
Lizzie

The split system i got was from warehouse sales buying the aircon and instilation was 2300 because i paid extra to be associated with different tradesman like a lifetime club where they check every single thing in the house to make sure everything is and works fine from surges to defaults electrical power to water to everything that's why it was more it should not cost anymore than 1500 to 1800 to buy and install for both ...an electrician and a plumber is all that is needed for instilation hope that helps you

Royasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Is there a dehumidifying function in GE & GL series? I couldn't see anything in the specs on the official website?

Sara

Hello Run it on dry mode ,fan goes slow.Its dehumidification.

Sara

Hello Run it on dry mode ,fan goes slow.Its dehumidification.

HET

HETasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Does this air con have a drying cycle on shut down?

Gonzj
Gonzj

Yes, and works very well

Netcounts

Netcountsasked

MSZ-GE42VAB (4.2kW)

Hi, I have an area about 150 squ metres to cool and heat. Could you please advise what size A/C i will need and price please?

Hi,

There are different factors which can affect the heating and cooling load of an air conditioning system. Factors that may need to be considered, such as the technology being used, geographic location, building materials and orientation, the number of occupants, quality of insulation and types of activities being undertaken, etc.

We recommend you speak to of the Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Dealers, your local air conditioning specialist. You can find them here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/2246.htm.

BILLMONAHAN

BILLMONAHANasked

Bill
My 12 kw Mitsubishi Heavy duty ducted outdoor unit leaks water all around the base. Should a drain pipe have been fitted to move the water away from the unit?

Piajess

Yes, we had a drain pipe fitted as part of the installation. I thought this would be done as a matter of course. The Unit will extract quite a lot of moisture out of the air, particularly in humid conditions, so I'm surprised your installers didn't fit a drain pipe. Ours is attached to the back of the inside unit (but obviously going to the outside.)

Ben Dover

Ben Doverasked

Who services this in WA?

Kellie9
Kellie9

Mindarie Air & Electrical is one for North of the River.

alex.qout

alex.qoutasked

MSZ-GE Series

What's the difference between MSZ-GE71KITD and MSZ-GE71VAD?

Things
Things

VAD is the code used for either the indoor or outdoor unit (repair replacement), whereas KIT is the code used for both combined (new installation).

Hi Alex,

This is our naming structure:
MSZ-GE71VAD - indoor unit
MUZ-GE71VAD - outdoor unit
MSZGE71KITD - complete system (indoor unit + outdoor unit). It's quite common for stockists to use this model number as it means a complete system.

Kind regards,

yko

ykoasked

MSZ-GE Series

Is there any big difference of the running costs between cool mode at 26c and dry mode? Model: MSZ-GE25VAD

Piajess

We generally run the aircon on cool rather than dry, but I don't know if there is a significant difference in cost. Someone from Mitsubishi would be able to give you the answer. We do find that even in cool mode the cost to run it is not huge because the inverter technology is very efficient.

Klaus

Klausasked

MSZ-GE Series

I do have an msz-ge 50 va 2 system. There are 2 wall mounted units installed.
I'd like to get a 3rd one installed, I am aware that I can run only 2 units at a time.
Is this possible to do?
Thank you!

Hi Klaus,

It all depends on the outdoor unit. What is the exact model number of the outdoor unit? You should be able to find in on a nameplate. It would be something like MUZ-GE..... or MXZ.....

Please advise and we can try and answer this question for you.

You can also give us a call on 1800651808, but we will need that information.

Kind Regards,

Tonirob1

Tonirob1asked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Does this have fan only mode?

Rosemary58

It does have a fan mode. So you can have it on fan only.

Rosemary58asked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

I have MSZGE71VAD, it is leaking water from inside. What is causing it?

Sam
Sam

If it never used to happen, dust may have fallen into the drain pipe and blocked it. This happened to me when I tried to dust the top of the unit after removing the filter. Always dust the unit while the filter is in place, then once dusted, clean the filters. The easiest way to clear a blockage like this, it's a bit gross, but wrap your lips around the drain outside the house and give it a gentle suck until the water starts flowing. DO NOT BLOW or you'll make a mess inside the unit and you could cause water damage to the electronic components. You might want to have a glass of water handy to wash your mouth out with ;)

Tom

Tomasked

MSZ-GE Series

MSZGE25VAD & MSZGE25KIT are the same?

Hi Tom,

This is our naming structure:
MSZ-GE25VAD - indoor unit
MUZ-GE25VAD - outdoor unit
MSZGE25KITD - complete system (indoor unit + outdoor unit)

The D means DRED capable (Demand Response Enabled Device), which is used mostly in Queensland at this stage.

MSZGE25KIT - is not DRED capable and was replaced by MSZGE25KITD. This is also the case for all of the capacities from 2.5 kW through to 7.8 kW.

Kind regards,