Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series

Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW), MSZ-GE35VAB (3.5kW), MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW), etc...

63 questions from our users

harvey barry

harvey barryasked

MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Does mszge71va have electric eyes?

Hi,

No, this particular series does not. But the i-See sensor can be found in the MSZ-FH Series: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/msz-fh-series-wall-mounted-air-conditioners.html.

Lauren

Laurenasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Just had our split system regased because ac wasn't working the best all seemed ok for a day or so but now we try and cool down the room with ac it stays cool for a few minutes then blows out hot air. How can we get this sorted before a hot summer?

Leah S
Leah S

I have just had to replace my air-conditioners with Gree systems I had mine re-gasses about 4 times in just 12 months, my Mitsubishi systems were just 12 months old and so much trouble I ripped them out, compresses gone, run out of gas I think they have worked for about 1 month only since new

Happy

Happyasked

MSZ-GE50VAB (5.0kW)

Hi! I'm looking at purchasing this unit as I previously had a smaller Mitsubishi unit and loved it. Very quiet. Is there any known issue with this unit? And how is the service when & if needed?

harry_nguyen
harry_nguyen

Hi, these units are not quiet as advertised at all. Heating can take ages to heat up. I'm using Fujitsu for my business for 5 years very quiet, fast heating and cold, also quiet too. What a joke service when they said the vibration and noise is normal. I will not buy Mitsubishi again.

If you buy this unit, make sure you have them installed on the ground NOT on the wall.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

We are happy to hear your smaller air conditioner has performed well. The MSZ-GE series overall is our most popular and we have these going into homes across the country. We have had many customers say how quiet they are and have to check they are actually on.

It all comes down to the installation. The best advice we can give is to get a reputable refrigeration technician to install it. There are steps in the installation process that must be completed otherwise it might cause performance issues in years to come. Feel free to use the Where to Buy locator on our website and give one of our Diamond Dealer air conditioning specialists a call for a quote to supply and install. The Installation Manual describes the best installation method to prevent noise.

The other thing is a little maintenance really helps. Read the user manual and clean the filters when it says you should. This will help to keep your unit running in top condition.

Should you need after sales support, we have a Technical Support team which are more than happy to answer any questions you might have and an Authorised Service Provider network nationally who look after repairs.

Hope that helps.

Deanne

Deanneasked

MSZ-GE Series

I want to get a split system to mainly heat our kitchen which is about 4m x 7m with 12 ft ceilings...can you please advise what size I might need? Weatherboard house with one 2 x 2 m window and a double glass door.

Hi Deanne,

That's a great question, and one that's difficult without an expert looking at your site to determine the correct size. There are many factors that affect the cooling/heating load. For the best advice, we recommend getting a quote from one of our specialist Diamond Dealers. You can find your nearest one here:

Lulu

Hi I'm a consumer so not qualified to give you that but Mitsubishi and some other air conditioning companies have a calculator on their website to work out the tight size for your situation. I used Mitsubishi and the requirements was on the border between 2 sizes. The supplier suggested going up a size so the unit doesn't have to struggle in extreme weather conditions and I did that. Very happy

SHELTIE123

SHELTIE123asked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have just seen the Mistubishi Heavy industry model in Good guys but the model on the sale price sticker at the store is SETDXK24ZMA-S No one has mentioned this model . Just wondering if they are the same as the ones Ken has mentioned he has had for years?

Ken G

No way. I've had mine (2) for 14 years. But without a moment's trouble, you would think that would be a great recommendation. However, who knows? The Panasonic I bought to replace my Mitsubishi Electric which lasted 6 years (because I had one other fantastic Panasonic) turned out to be completely different from the one I had installed just 2 years earlier, even though it was exactly the same size and power. It's noisy and performs poorly. So what can you rely on these days?? I don't know.

NanaK
NanaK

Hi Sheltie. There are two different Mitsubishi aircon companies, one is Mitsubishi Electric, which is what this thread, and the model numbers mentioned, is all about. The other is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. They are TOTALLY different companies. Mitsubishi Heavy is the brand sold by the Good Guys, and according to many reviews (check out review website called Whirlpool) is by far the superior brand, as mentioned previously by Ken. It is also the brand that was Choice no 1 in 2015, but that was for the 2.0 kW model. Not every model/wattage of either make get equal reviews. For instance, the top rated 2.5 kW on Choice in 2015 was a very expensive Daikin at 96%, followed by three equally ranked LG's, at 81%. There were three Mitsubishi Heavy and the LG's in the top ten, and Mitsubishi Electric quite a bit further down the list. The model this thread is discussing ranked 67%. (Choice's overall score is made up of cooling efficiency (40%), heating efficiency (40%) and airflow (20%)., as copied from their site.

TLD

TLDasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have just purchased 3.5 small room, I am finding the auto Mode doesn't work and it takes ages to kick to start heating is this normal ? Am I doing something wrong, I read the instruction book ... I am freezing on the auto mode I have tried it high and I have tried it low, this is the main reason for me buying it. ;-(

Hi Terri-Louise,

Sorry to hear this air conditioner is not heating like it should, especially with some of the cold mornings we have been having!

Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 651 808 and we'll sort it out for you.

Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Customer Support

SJB400

SJB400asked

MSZ-GE Series

Looking at buying my first A/C , I am wondering what the difference between MSZEF42VEWKIT and MSZGE42KIT is? And would this unit size service a medium size family room ( approx. 40 m2) in Sydney area

Steve

my suggestion is to go and get a formula on the web for working out how big of a unit you will need,whether it is in BTU or KW once you get the answer add 30% to 40% extra ,reason is you do not want to have the unit running at 100% all the time it will not be good for the unit . it's like buying a four cylinder car to tow a caravan around all the time ,yes it will do the job but for how long ,,I had a quick look and the unit they suggest is a 6KW unit so if you add 30% to that you get a 7.5 to 8 KW unit .
hope that helps
cheers

Sorry, no idea.

JA

JAasked

MSZ-GE Series

I have washed all the filters etc and still I am unable to have cool air and of course it is a hot day. It was working two days ago. It has a great fan however I bought an air conditioner to give me a cool house. Does anyone know what to do?? It is only one year old and I did spend some money on this, very disappointed

Stephen L

Sorry, no idea. I called the company who installed it. Most likely answer in my case was circuit boards blown by lightning.
Good luck.

Steve

Check that the cooling gas hasn't leeked out . only a trades person with special tool's can tell you that, if it's under warranty then Ok otherwise you'll have to pay. Most probably needs re gas and checked for leeks in the system. 1 point you need 7000BTU FOR A 3X3 Metre room with a 2.2meter ceiling. My suggestion I is start with a 3.5Kw unit and go up from there always add 4G percent over what is recommended so as not to work the unit at 100 percent most of the time .Good luck hope that helps

Michelle

Michelleasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I'm confused by the comments above on how quiet these units are. I've recently purchased a MSZGE25VA and ran it for the last 2 hot nights. Although it cooled the room beautifully, it CONSTANTLY woke me up with it's craking and clicking at random intervals around every 10 - 15 mins. Has anyone else had these issues? I'm not the heaviest sleeper, but even my husband who sleeps though anything has woken up a few times. The technician came out to take a good look and declared it is 'normal' expansion/contraction of the plastic/metal as they move at different times causing the random clicking sounds! Not good enough! I especially purchased this unit based on recommendations on how quiet it is as it had to be situated above our bed head, but I can't even use it on quiet mode due to it waking me up all night! I have to resort to the fan on full blast to drown out the noises.I would now rather sleep hot with a $12 fan. I wish I could get a full refund. How can others say it is so quiet?

Hi Michelle. Sorry to hear you find the unit noisy
I was advised not to have any air conditioner directly above the bed so it was mounted about a metre away. Only heard occasional small sounds when it changed cycles. Operation was whisper quiet. I'm an exceptionally light sleeper _ can hear a tap dripping rooms away and never once was disturbed by the Mitsubishi unlike a Fujitsu fitted in a family room that constantly crackles and hums. It will be replaced by a Mitsubishi unit at first opportunity.

Ken G

I don't think this will help you much Michelle, but I have a 3 year old Panasonic directly above my bed and it is so quiet, that on low you wonder if it's on at all, and no cracks or clicks. So last year I installed another Panasonic exactly the same size, but updated model, in my study, and there is no comparison, with an annoying loud hum on anything over the lowest setting, and obvious changes in noise level as it kicks in and out - I couldn't sleep with it. So it appears that they just don't make them like they like they used to, and I suspect whatever the brand, they are made in China for the lowest possible price, and quality suffers.

jezzoom
jezzoom

Hi Michelle, that's unfortunate, sorry to hear of your issues, that sounds very frustrating! As with all things mechanical and electrical, there is a certain amount of variation from one unit to another, it's hard to find a product that's sure to be winner. I had ours on a couple of nights back with the fan down low and it is basically silent, haven't noticed any clicks at all. We have a fujitsu in the lounge that I havent noted to be noisy either, but I don't sleep in there, so probably wouldn't notice.

All the best, I hope you find a suitable solution.

Froy

Froyasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Do split system aircons have to be re= gassed at some point? If so when ?

Lulu

Hi I've been told only recently by air conditioning mechanic that systems aren't regassed any more except for the rare occasions when gas might be lost during a repair job. Given the cost of repairs it's often more economical to buy a new system. I moved recently to a house with 6yr old Fujitsu split system and cooling wasn't working properly. Cost $200 for mechanic to diagnose problem and tell me i'd be better off buying new one. New Mitsubishi being installed

Justin

Justinasked

MSZ-GE Series

My unit is five years old- after one year, I needed to have it re-gassed as my moron dog had punctured one of the pipes. Obviously the company that re-gassed it did not secure the pipes properly, as two years later it required re-gassing again! And no, the dog is no longer, so it was not the culprit on this occasion. Another two years later and again it is not blowing cold air. After a visit from a technician, I was informed that the inverter had failed, and the whole system would need replacing at a cost of $3000. My questions are: can I not simply have the inverter replaced, have just the outdoor unit replaced or, if I were to replace both the indoor and outdoor units, why would it cost as much as the initial installation?

Steve

after all these years that have passed ,some times it turns out cheaper to replace the whole new unit at $3000 dollars ? it seems a bit steep ,if you source a new unit for your needs ,,,which has a guarantee,,, then compared with the price of the new unit ....in the factory costs are kept very low ,as soon as a technician is involved well then the price will go up way up, so in MY OPINION ONLY it would be better to check how much for a whole new unit compared to repairing that one you have now.
I hope that helps , I would like to know what you decided, i have a curious nature , to see how things turn out
kind Regards
steve Ehm

Hi Justin,

We are sorry to hear about your issues with your air conditioner. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 651 808 to see what your options are.

Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Community Support

Robert

Robertasked

MSZ-GE Series

Has either of the MSZ-SF50VE or MSZ-GE50VA models been discontinued? Which of the two models is more energy efficient and quieter. Also, are they rust resistant and do they have an Energy Star? Which model will you recommend ?

Steve

I only got the smaller one MSZ-SF35 you have a bigger unit , my units are 3.5 KW the ones you are talking about are a lot bigger and as such I have no direct comparison .
The energy star rating should be on their web site.My previous unit had some rust.
surface that is but the unit was structurally sound, as for availability and such I am a customer, not a seller, so I have NO idea what is for sale or the like .if you are near the sea that is within 1000 meters then corrosion will be faster , keep an eye on the surface EVERY month and use something on parts that have started to rust,I look at my units every time I cut the grass and spray (crc,rp7,WD-40)on the area until I get time to paint it with some sort on rust killer paint , just make sure you sand and clean

coop

coopasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

My sons air con has the option of just using the fan without heating or cooking just to circulate the air but the Mitsubishi 3.5kw inverter GEseries doesn't appear to have this option. Can anyone tell me if it does? I see it has a dry option but the engine still runs using this option.
Any help will be appreciated,

Dear Coop,

The MSZ-GE Series does not have a fan only mode. The modes of operation supported are: AUTO, COOL, DRY and HEAT. DRY mode is actually used to dehumidify the room, and may actually cool the room slightly.

One option is to use the ECONO COOL function. This will save some energy use. Set the temperature as you would normally, the press the ECONO COOL button. The unit will automatically be set 2 degrees higher, but the vertical air flow vane will move up and down in a way to create a variable breeze effect. Essentially, variable air flow feels cooler than constant air flow. So while the temperature is set 2 degrees higher (and saving you power usage) it still feels OK.

Hope this helps.

Mitsubishi Electric Support

rick

rickasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have three of these units installed in my house,over the last couple of months one after the other the ouside fans have ceased to operate,the compressers are all working yet there is no heating or cooling,the operation led display now only lights one instead of two,had a fire some time ago with a cieling fan and a short occured an power tripped out.have tried to reset,although hardwired do the outside units have a fuse that may have blown to stop the fan?? Help im melting

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear you have issues with these models. We would like to help you. Can you please contact Mitsubishi Electric Customer Care Hotline on 1300 651 808 or service@meaust.meap.com for assistance.

Shane

Shaneasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

How much to run per hour?

Hi Shane,

The cost to run an air conditioner depends on the rate charged by your energy provider. A useful tool for calculating running costs can be found on the Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) Program website: http://www.energyrating.gov.au/.

Mitsubishi Electric Support.

Frankasked

MSZ-GE Series

My MSZ-GE50VA - Mitsubishi, when switched on the unit inside runs but on the outside unit even though the compressor runs, (continues to start and stop) the fan on the outside unit does not start at all. Both indicator lights on the inside unit stays on permanently. (N0 blinking) Whats happening?

paudcent

I am not an electrician so my only comment must be that you should contact the company who installed your unit and get them to check it as the unit may still be under guarantee. You need to check your paperwork you were given when you first bought the unit. Because the outside unit has a grill both sides its possible something may have entered the unit and affected the fan motor. By law only a electrician is allowed to open and inspect so use the people who installed it.

Frank

The unit has had run out of warrantee/guarantee a few months ago. We have not run the unit for about ten months and when started two weeks ago the fan did not start. I have switched off the mains power and checked the fan, and it turns freely by hand. Although we have had the unit for under six years, the unit has not been run for over two months. We only run it on days when the temperature is over 25 Deg.C.

whisper

whisperasked

MSZ-GE Series

Hi just wanting to know if the Mitsubishi split systems are expensive to run

bms
bms

I've worked out my electricity bill is about $100 per quarter more in summer and winter than autumn and spring. This is when we use our Mitsubishi aircon (GE60VA) the most and pretty much all the time in summer. Maybe someone else can do the maths but I reckon it's about $1 a day to use for 12hrs

paudcent

No. All todays modern Air Cons use about the same for energy use.

kelly2202

kelly2202asked

MSZ-GE Series

My My unit isnt blowing cold or hot air how do I fix it

paudcent

I can only suggest you get back the Company who first installed the unit. If you don't know them and you did not purchase the unit I suggest you get in touch with the Mitsubishi who can put you in touch with a registered electrician. Naturally if the unit is out of warranty you will need to pay for service.

Hi Kelly,

So sorry to hear your air conditioner has stopped working. There can be many different reasons for an air conditioner to cease operating, these are not limited to the product.

We want to assist you ASAP. Our technical people will have a few questions so please contact Mitsubishi Electric Customer Care Hotline on 1300 651 808 or service@meaust.meap.com and we will get right on it.

[Answer as per http://www.productreview.com.au/qa/mitsubishi-msz-a09yv.html]

Greg

Gregasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

I have a room 3.82m by 5.32m (so slightly less than 24m2).
Will the MSZ-GE25KIT be enough to cool and heat this room?
It only needs to cool and heat this one room.

Magpie_Paul

YES, A BIG YES.. I have it in a 12" x 11" bedroom & it does it easily, would do 3 times the size. 2 of my walls are mainly glass & in the direct sunlight in the mid morning & full afternoon till dark...plus I have a lot of & I mean a lot of electric equipment as in T.V.'s and the like, these put out a fair bit of heat & I hate being even slightly over warm when trying to relax. plus a 10 foot tropical fish tank which runs at 26 degrees which heats the room when the door is closed. & opening the windows just pisses me off as the wind blows the blinds & if I pull them up the sun is horrendous & I can't see a thing.. so I have to keep them down & mainly keep the windows shut so as to get some peace. & the summer heat can make me stress to the MAX as I try to relax and then sleep. AS for HEATING it does it easily here in Tassie... cheers

Gubbo

Gubboasked

Piping required for a 3.6 kw please

Magpie_Paul

about a 20mm water drainage hose.. pref a flex hose ..from the indoor stage of the air-con (where the air comes out into the room) must be able to connect to this and drop lower than the bottom of the inside section (RE: where it connects) to a drain or ground outside..... but as for the rest, it's up to you if installing it by yourself,,, RE: the power cord from the indoor section to a power point ,, or wired all the way to your power box, (not a good idea) as to expense... it can be plugged straight into a power point AS IT'S only about 700 WATTS if you don't mind the power cord running down the wall or across and down to a power point... then the power runs from the indoor section to the outside section this could be TRICKY as to the distance from the outside unit to the inside unite and walls and or roofing ...ALONG the SAME path as this power from unit 1 to 2 you need to run the insulated tubing for air con AGAIN FROM UNIT 1 to 2...but I'm not sure on what this is (size or what ???), maybe copper with some insulation around it.. well I do know it has insulation around it ...and that's it.... the out door section then needs to be DE PRESSURERISED by a pump to make it work.. this should be done by a sparky or the likes....THE WHOLE JOB SHOULD BE DONE BY AN INSTALLER .. cost me about $700.00 and the out door section is only 3 feet away from the indoor section ??? RE: not much piping and wire....so it cost me the same to get it put in by the supplier as the purchase price ,,about $1500.00 all up...but the best $1500.00 I'VE EVER SPENT... cheers

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

The pipe size is ¼” & ⅜”. Please refer to the installation manual [http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/assets/LEG/JG79A152H03.pdf]. If you have any other technical questions please contact our technical support staff on 1300651808, for an immediate response. Installation must be carried out by a qualified installer or the 5 year warranty may be at risk.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives