Mitsubishi Outlander

Mitsubishi Outlander Questions & Answers

ZG, ZH, ZJ, ZE, ZF, etc...

141 questions from our users

Dale T.

Dale T.asked

Outlander ZE, ZF (2003-2006)

Hi all. The drive belt in my mivec zf went and I’m now motorless. Finding it hard to find another zf motor, would the next motor up (zg or upwards) fit it? Thank you in advance

gerry161asked

Outlander

Where can I find my 2 reviews yesterday, I found an update I did on an old post, but not the one on Service and Warranty costs etc?

Reviewer R.

Outlander ZK (2015-2017)

Process for servicing automatic transmission

Artur

Arturasked

Outlander PHEV ZJ (2014-2016)

Hi there, just thinking of buying outlander phew 2015, 82000 km but I'm a little bit worried about the battery degradation over time. Can someone please tell me, what is the actual fuel consumption if the battery goes flat completely, city and highway journeys? Does it work like Hybrid Prius after battery goes dead? Any answers highly appreciated!

Frank

Running on petrol alone it is much the same as a petrol only car i.e 8 to 9 l/100km on the open road.

Rob H

Rob Hasked

Outlander ZL (2017-2021)

what size engine, 2.4 i hope ?

Andrew D

Andrew Dasked

Outlander

I and about to take delivery of a 2016 ZK Diesel outlander. I am not a lead foot, but am interested in how it performs when rapid overtaking or acceleration is required.

John C.

John C.asked

Outlander

Looking forward to hearing in the future when CVT equipped vehicles Mitsi, Subi, ect have 150,000 k's on them. I have a 1990 Camry still no issues.
Not game to buy anything new.

Hi John I can say you will get a low mileage outlander plug in electric Petrol hybrid for around $25000. Low registration payments. These vehicles are now clocking over 250,000 with few issues.

bozana7

bozana7asked

Outlander ZJ (2014-2015)

I looked in my manual for my Automatic Outlander, for the backseat to move forward. It says a leaver under the seat, however, there's no leaver. And yet, the seats, sit on tracks. I looked where you straighten or recline the seats, again nothing. Any ideas?

Disgruntled

Disgruntledasked

Outlander ZL LS 2WD 4 Cyl 2.4L, Petrol (2017-2021)

Mine is 2017 may ls manual. Has anyone had trouble with faulty manual transmission and tyres that have no recommended inflation pressure on sidewall. Maybe I was lucky to get a lemon and deceptive online ordering from Mitsubishi Australia when ordering an MY18 and referred to Launceston Mitsubishi and getting an MY17 model, and online search from ASIC details a shelf company that has no value in it. And excuses such as no longer works here type legal disclaimer which is not worth the paper it's written and only as good as their word. So happy with the quagmire of blame and lack of total responsibility. Lucky country eh, western liberal democracy where the rule of law shall apply and ACCC not worth a brass razoo because always on the phone talking rather doing their job - as I DID at Attorney Generals dept, 200 Queen St Melb, Bankruptcy branch doiung searches and coming up trumps not TRUMP_

I suggest you write to the CEO of Mitsubishi Australia.

Paul T.

Paul T.asked

Outlander ZG, ZH (2006-2012)

Can fit zg to zh gearbox?

Bonnie Edgecomb

Bonnie Edgecombasked

Outlander ZL ES 5 Seat 2WD Manual 4cyl 2.0L, Petrol (2017-2021)

Can anyone shed some light on how spacious the backseats are? I’m wondering if anyone has tried to have 3 car seats in? Or even 2 and a booster?

Harry

Harryasked

Outlander ZL ES (2017-2021)

Is the rear big enough to sleep in with everything folded down, Do you get a real spare tyre or one of the billy cart ones. Thanks

Perry

Mine is the 7-seat model. The second row seats don't fold down flat, so I'd say no. the boot is not big enough for anyone other than a small child.

Perry

It's a real wheel, slung under the car.

Frank

I have the PHEV version - with the rear seats folded down and the front seats moved forward as far as they will go you have 185x95 cm , There is no spare in the PHEV - just a bottle of 'goop' and an air pump. .... but....
the electric drive system has an active torque limiter which is not mentioned in any of the sales/spec docs which means the towbar option is a total waist of money and if you loaded it up to with four passengers and a couple of bags (near the max GVM) you cannot go up any sort of slope - it just stops!!

Zak

Zakasked

Outlander

Can I put a zg outlander nudge bar on a zf outlander

Zyotiasked

Outlander

How spacy is 7 seater 3rd row... is it better than nissan xtrial 7 seater. prticulular for 3rd row

Yes. Much better

Zyoti

Thanks... iam enjoying the vehicle

Brianasked

Outlander

We have a 2013 Deisel Outlander Aspire thats done just over 130,000km and have been told that the ticking noise at front is most probably a cracked timing chain guide and total replacement of chain will be required and cost $5,000. We specifically purchased this model as were told chains dont need replacing like belts, now very disappointed. Has anyone else found this problem and what was the cost?

Phil B.

The chain tensioner is plastic Change it immediately

Brian

Thanks Phil, had already gone ahead and diesel mechanic took it down to check out the timing chain and guide and decided they were okay but he replaced the chain tensioner - so you were spot on! Disappointing though because it still has the same loud ticking noise and they have spoken with Mitsubishi mechanics who say that they are a noisy motor and this is normal - $1600 later. To me the ticking isn't normal so not totally convinced. Do you agree that these motors have a noisy tick?

Cassandra Y.
Cassandra Y.

Hi Brian, we have a diesel 7 seater 2017 and myself and my husband feel it's unusually loud when outside the car. Mitsubishi say it's a normal tick and normal loudness for the car. I came across this post as I'm trying to research if it is while it's still under warranty ...

Ravi v.

Ravi v.asked

Outlander

I am going to buy ZL Black Edition 2wd from Mitsubishi in Adelaide Dealer and have been quoted $31780 DA price with Mats and Full tank. camera's and tinting extras. Overall how good is the car may i know pls ? I couldn't find any other SUV in this price like X-trail or CRV so had to book one. its under finance atm so asking for reviews pls? Its a Black edition 2wd ZL MY20 model. Thanks

Angus C.asked

Outlander

Gday all, i have just bought a 2016 outlander 2.4l. I noticed while idling at traffic lights in drive the car vibrates abit but in nuteral or reverse i cant feel it at all, is this normal?

Matt H
Matt H

G'day Angus,

I've got the same model with 80,000km but never had this issue.

Angus C.

Thanks mate, almost feels like a diesel but no quiet as rough when idling, will check and clean a few parts today i think

Timothy S.

Timothy S.asked

Outlander

What radiators will work in a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander is?

Marc C.

Marc C.asked

Outlander ZG, ZH (2006-2012)

I have a Mitsubishi Outlander ZH 4X4. When I indicate with lights on, the lights flicker or switch off. Anyone any ideas as to the problem. Ta Much.

Mitsubishi Outlander