Mitsubishi Outlander

Mitsubishi Outlander Questions & Answers (page 3 of 6)

3rd Generation, 4th Generation
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi

103 questions from our users

Rach
Rachasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

My Mitsubishi Outlander 2013on the way home it let this big whooshing sound then when I got home turned off the engine it started to make tapping noise dose anyone know what it could be?

Ahsaan S
Ahsaan Sasked
Outlander

How many kilometres can the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander go. (Or how long the engine life is?)

kathy
kathy

hi my car dealer told me he has seen mitsubishi outlanders 2008-2012 come in for servicing with 200000-250000ks on the clock and are still going strong. Hope this helps

GGHaz
GGHazasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

I have just purchased a 2017 zk 7 seater outlander but finding the volume of the Bluetooth hands free phone extremely low. It is very hard to hear the somebody talking on the phone and it is at its highest volume. I have been told by my dealer that this is how they come. Has anyone else experience this problem?

Steve

I had the same problem, it appears the speaker for the phone is on the passenger side another stupid design , only way is to put an aftermarket one on drivers side

Rana
Rana

You can increase the volume of your phone, it might help. In my one it worked like that.

Ross

I agree with Rana. Mine is loud enough.

Jose hajjarasked
Outlander

Helo i was asking about outlander 2015 speed is too slow and i change the engine / the fuel nothing change I don’t know what to do ?

Steve

Could be a computer fault , ie limp mode in which case will need to be hooked up to a computer and scanned for any faults , personally I think they are lacking in power , plus the cvt hesitates , to be honest I’ve owned 2 outlanders 07and 15 , I would never buy another Mitsubishi.

fred
fred

Change speed sensor and clear fuel filters

Ross

Get a diesel.Plenty of power. If you are concerned with the speedo reading low then go for bigger tyres. 235/70/16 or 235/60/18 it will then read correctly. DON'T forget to change the spare to the same rolling circumference otherwise if you use it then the stability control can go haywire. I have an Outlander ZJ 2014 Aspire diesel.

Jose hajjarasked
Outlander

I have a problem on this outlander 2015 i have a number code u011b vlc can timeout and the car is too slow what we can do ? Pls help

Georgie_Best1
Georgie_Best1

The first part of your question is incomprehensible. As regards the second part "the car is too slow" .... the speed of the car and the performance of its engine is something that needs to be carefully considered pre-purchase, clearly the Outlander is a cost effective choice of a family SUV its no surprise that it doesn't perform like a Ferrari on the highway!

Jose hajjar

I am teling that my outlander 2015 power speed is slow so i change the engine / fuel .. what should i do more?

Sammiles
Sammilesasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

Did you know of or have any problems with Mitsubishi's "Limited Life Warranty" (12 Months from date of first registration or 20,000km). Any component subject to regular servicing
• Glow plugs
• Fuel injectors
• Shock absorbers
• Brake pads or linings
• Cooling and fuel lines or hoses
• Rubber or plastic components

Tony
Tony

I haven't had any problem with any parts so haven't needed to use any warranty claims.

Neil
Neil

Car has been bulletproof so far for me, no need for any warranty claim. Service (including a minor recall) has been excellent for me at Northshore Mitsubishi in Ryde.

SandyG

Hi, Never had an issue with any of the above, But warranties do not cover wearing items such as brake pads, clutches. Shock absorbers are covered should a leak be evident and cooling system leaks are covered under said warranty. Rubber and plastic fittings are subject to age and can be considered wear and tear in some cases

Ralph
Ralphasked
Outlander

Raise the gas tank in a 2003 Outlander and now I hear a banging noise every once in awhile coming from the back, any help?

Gmapst
Gmapst

I have a 2016 model. Different vehicle.

ljohnson75
ljohnson75asked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

My wifes 13 outlander driving on highway lost power and started to shake, engine light came on. Any help??

SandyG

sounds like a CVT failure. Get the vehicle checked with a scan tool at any reputable mechanic.

Buy your own obd11 plug and you can check out the problem

Greg S
Greg Sasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

I have an 2016 Outlander and was wondering about the Bluetooth display. What is the "Group" tag? I have tagged every aspect on the MP3 file and still no result. All I want is the album details to display, but no joy.

H S R
H S R

We havent worked that one out ourselves yet sorry. Ours is 2018. We are still learning this one

Curly
Curly

Good Luck. If you figure it out, tell the whole world; even Mitsubishi dealer was unable to help with the same problem.

Fandizasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

I have a 2013 ZJ diesel auto. Has anyone had theirs shake when it changes 1-2 & 2-3 or shakes when on the over run downhill??

SandyG

Hi, Sounds like your CVT transmission may need an fluid change but some shudder is not uncommon for this transmission. Take your vehicle to your Mitsubishi dealer and have them do a Scan Tool check and have them change the oil in the transmission this is a simple drain and fill service.

Fandiz

Thanks SandyG but my auto is a standard 6 speed with paddle shift. Each time I get the dealer to look at it (it's just had its final warranty service) they reboot/initialise some/all computer circuits & it runs perfectly for a day/week/month but then starts one of the different shaking symptoms!

fredbasked
RBrady
RBrady

I plug my iPhone into it and run maps through the screen. Car play works great! You can get calls, messages, Spotify all through it

fredb

Yes, thank you, is did work fine.

Ross

The ZJ has its own dedicated maps which have to be upgraded by Mitsubishi at around $120. No apple car play or android

Dick N
Dick Nasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

To check the levels of the battery, I have to remove the front end of the air intake. How do I do this without destroying the retaining 'pins' ?
Dee.

gerry161

You can use a volt meter set to 20 volts DC, or go to a car battery shop they will normally check it free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipPV2BUbfx4 check this YouTube video.

Hope this helps.

Ross

A special tool is readily available but a butter knife on either side of the center plug works

John F
John Fasked
Outlander

Can you make the mitsubishi outlander ls mivec 2.4 into turbo?

SandyG

HI, It's possible but you have to buy Intercooler, Turbo, Remapped aftermarket computer , Performance valve springs as they will not withstand the pressure of turbocharging. A manual model would be a better bet as the CVT in Mitsubishi's is not suited to this purpose, The only auto is the dual clutch Ralliart transmission. Your better off just buying a more powerful vehicle, Modifying this vehicle will send you into costs out pricing the value of the vehicle.

Ross

Get the diesel as it goes a lot better than the 2.4 petrol. I have had both and the diesel gets off the mark quicker WITH the caravan on than the petrol WITHOUT the van and costs a lot less to run. Just did 1200 ks to a standard tank and even have a photo of the distance till empty to prove it. Anytime the distance to empty has 4 digits its good.

ChrisK
ChrisKasked

Hi All,
I am planing to by a Outlander LS, 2WD, 2 liters, 7 seater basic model. Had a test drive last week and found engine performance is bit lower. Can any one please tell me who has same vehicle whether engine performance is ok or not?
Chris K

gerry161

You definitely will find quite a difference with the 2.4 engine and not too much dearer.

Ross

Go diesel . It's a lot cheaper to run and more powerful. Melbourne to Sydney 4.9lt to 100ks

kcm1y
kcm1yasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

Looking at a 2017 Mistsubishi Outlander, LS, 7 seats. All the specs say it has rear airconditioning, but where are the vents??? I can't see them in any pictures.

Dave W
Dave W

Hi. You will find two vent tubes under the 2 front seats on the floor that transfer air to the rear. no actual control vents in the rear. Hope that helps.

Pank
Pankasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

Does the 2016 outlander have a timing. Gain or timing belt?

meganjh
meganjh

I gave a customer review about my 2012 Outlander which I found to run well, be economical and reliable but could do with air vents in the back. I am not a mechanic and therefore have knowledge about the 2016 Outlander (mine is a different model) and its timing belt. Sorry cant help.

The diesel has a chain.

Timing chain across all engines from 2009

Outlander LS 2017
Outlander LS 2017asked
Outlander

Just bought 2017 Outlander LS. From the day one when try to floor the accelerator the car does not speed up but raise the power needle high and three (usually green) squares on the odo screen turn yellow. As soon as I pick up the foot from accelerator it ease up, flooring the accelerator would speed up and three squares on odo screen lid up green.

Wondering if this is an issue? as I spoken to dealer they said just drive till 1500km and will see after. But I am enjoying the drive at all. Any thoughts would be great.

Peter Daley
Peter Daley

We had a similar problem with our Sept 2016 Outlander. We told the dealer about the hesitation and lack of response when depressing the accelerator and they applied the 'recall' fix to the car. This fixed out issue and the car has been great since. The recall related to a hesitation issue. You can find it in google or on recalls.gov.au.

gerry161

The 2017MY has a safety item that if harsh acceleration is detected it will cut the power such as an accidental heavy push on the accelerator in car park etc. I am not sure if this is only included in the Safety Pack or not. However I have heard of this hesitation but has not affected mine. If you has reactive cruise control switched on also that may affect acceleration if following another vehicle.

gerry161

If it is green it is good, but every time you plant the foot it will show orange etc as you are wasting fuel. You can check fuel consumption and driving habits on the screen. Under the Vehicle info icon.

Vanessa
Vanessaasked
Outlander

As soon as I turn on my car the blue temperature gauge comes on right away is it supposed to do? I have to wait to shut off before I go

David
David

Blue means the engine is cold, quite normal. (Be kind to a cold engine, don't rev it hard and accelerate hard till the engine has warmed up.)
Many cars have that blue light.

Red means hot. That's when you need to stop the engine and call for help.

davo
davoasked
Outlander

I have a 2012 zh Outlander. On every start up I have to touch the i agree on the MMCS screen for me to use it. Can I disable this feature and how??

Cam
Cam

Sorry Davo, I'm just a consumer that also bought an outlander, I have no idea? Though mine doesn't do that, it does, however always revert back to the full contents (ie not just a playlist or album) of my ipod everytime I turn on the car, and takes ages to process the ipod before I can change it... so a run to the shops may end up with a Christmas carol or nursery rhyme and you can't do anything about it. If you work out how to change yours, let me know if you can 'save' the playing of a playlist for eaxh time you start the engine..

Kiran Ras
Kiran Rasasked
Outlander 3rd Generation (ZJ, ZK, ZL) (2012-2020)

I bought a new mitsubishi outlander 2016 7 seater ZK LS. There is gps but does not work...how to upgrade that or what can i do to hv gps running...?

Davo
Davo

Best thing to do is take it straight back to the dealer and ask them to fix it.

gerry161

It only works from a recent Android Phones,( I have Samsung Note 1) too old not compatable with Android Auto, with Bluetooth and Google Maps, and you need to d/l the App 'Android Auto' then it should pair and show on the screen when u select GPS. The GPS knows where we are when we touch GPS on the screen with global positioning, but that's not much help.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives

Mitsubishi Outlander