13Mitsubishi Outlander

Not appy
Not appy2 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD

CVT FAILURE

ZK 2.4 4X4 SAFETY PACK...Complete cvt failure and replacement required after 83000km..Thankfully covered by warranty,but will take more than a month to get done due to no transmissions available in the country...
This vehicle has always been maintained on time at the dealer...Once it's repaired we will be getting rid of it for something without a cvt... Show details
Carlos BM
Carlos BMSydney, NSW3 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD LS

Perfect family car price and value very happy and good comfort

I using my car for work and personal use then for my everyday needs and doing the normal service and no problems at all.
Very cheap to run and perfect space. Show details
Avnish
AvnishSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Verified 3rd Generation

Nice Car good value

Bought seven seater Mitsubishi outlander from motorama springwood. Very happy with the car and support by staff at Motorama springwood both sales and service teams were fantastic in providing information on time. Show details
Justin
JustinSydney, NSW

Don't bother

Very bad on fuel,for a 60 litre tank the maximum I get out of it is 500kms no matter how I drive.Sensors in the car keep going off randomly for no reason and connecting samsung phone via Bluetooth to play music keeps cutting out.Sound quality isn't the best and you have to turn stereo up to well over half way to hear it properly. Show details
Doooooob
Doooooob15 posts

Excellent car

Got this after a lot of bargain at 28.7k. Needed a seven seater for my family and the regular visitors from overseas. The car is value for money, it has got all the bells and whistles, safety features like lane departure warning and forward collision plus adaptive cruise control, auto lights, reverse camera.. Etc

Mileage is good due to CVT engine and got enough power to overtake on the road. Use sport mode if you want immediate power.

Go for it if you are after seven seater and practical family car.

Cheers. Show details

Mimi
MimiSydney, NSW10 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation FWD LS

Great car at a great price

We are a family of four and this car is great, comfortably fits two car seats at the back however it's too tight for a 3rd adult in the middle. You would have to buy more slim line baby car seats. I like that it is a 7 seater. Lot's of room. Show details
Scott
ScottGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC17 posts

Great value for money

Replaced our 2014 with a 2018 ls 7 seater. Great price for a 7 seater. Has all you need. Hasnt let us down its a great family car. For day to day or roadtrips it does it all Show details
WHATCANISAY
WHATCANISAYPerth, WA52 posts
Acceleration / Power
jye
jyeSydney Surrounds, NSW8 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD LS

Awesome - a step ahead of the rest

140k's a day mixed freeway and city driving and weekenders. Great all round car, smooth on freeways at high speeds, responsive from a red light and fuel efficient. Services only ever 15,000k's ( unlike others ) and still same price, value ! We've always had pajero's tritons lancers 380's Vrx / pajero sport also and never skipped a beat at all, but have lasted with high k's. Tried BMW and VW but was hopeless the x3 was a beautiful car but died at 96,000k's. Just love this outlander fits our two large dogs in easy, and is our cheap commuter car but has everything you need. Extremely safe to which is ahead of majority in competition. Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Andrewse
AndrewseHobart, TAS4 posts

Excellent vehicle

Owned the 2017 zk outlander for almost 12 months and pretty much don't have a bad work to say about it. A easy pick when choosing a new car over Nissan and Subaru. Show details
Sue J
Sue JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD Exceed

Not crazy about this car

Chose this car because of country travel and 3 rows of seats. Lots of extras with top of the range model including seat warmers etc but it feels cheap. Power is lacking on acceleration and not great for city driving. Will not get another Mitsubishi when my novated lease expires in a year. Show details
sharif
sharif
  Fair Incentive 3rd Generation

dtc code u011b vlc can timeout

my outlander 2014 model. the code dtc show ( U011B - VLC CAN TIMOUT ) what can do. when show this code the car is run to slow and show engine check light Show details
val
valIngleburn17 posts

CVT Fails and its Expensive to fix

I bought a 2012/13 model outlander and after clocking 50,000 kilometres the cvt fail. I rang up suppliers and found out that too many outlanders in the wrecking yard mostly with failed CVT. A rebuild CVT cost 5,500 AUD and may last for another 5 years if you are lucky. No wonder why Mitsubishi is cheap, coz you will be spending a fortune once cvt fails. Show details
Mudith Jayasinghe
Mudith JayasingheGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation FWD LS

Best outlander model they have ever released

I’ve purchased the outlander LS MY19 a couple of weeks ago. An amazing car with all the modern features you can think of.
Lane departure warning, autonomous emergency braking are the best safety features I enjoy. Front (I’ve added this for $399) and revers parking sensors and revers camera are fantastic.
Comfortability is at its best, headed partial leather seats, dual zone climate control, 7
Seats, cup holders, auto wipers, auto head lights, heated mirrors are some of the features. Show details
Fuel Efficiency
Alyse M
Alyse MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts
  3rd Generation

The best car we've had!

Woah! This car is amazing! Super comfortable seats, 7 seats which fold into the floor so you have ample space in the back! The air-conditioner is amazing! Super cold in summer! Runs like a dream, reversing camera makes things easy and the charging ports in the back are convenient for passengers! Show details
KLD
KLD

DON’T DO IT

6 months ago I purchased a brand new Mitsubishi Outlander LS model. I was drawn to the fact that it had pretty much all I wanted and needed in a car for just over $30,000.

This car is a gutless fuel guzzler, I’ve had electrical problem after electrical problem, won’t lock, won’t unlock, won’t start, reverseing camera won’t work, the interior quality is absolutely terrible and the seats are uncomfortable.

Very disappointing

Amy L
Amy LBrisbane7 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD XLS

Great value for money. Boot is the best!

This is great value for money car. Part of reason I bought it was the decent boot size. So many other cars in this category have small boots which would not fit a pram, scooters , beach gear, groceries and more in it. I also love that you can see the front of the car from the driver seat- so many cars have average vision. I love my outlander- it does the right thing by me!

MumOf1
MumOf1QLD43 posts
  Verified Outlander 3rd Generation FWD LS

Great all round car

Great all round car. I had the base model which felt just as luxurious as the higher models (I just added leather seats). My only complaint is that the Bluetooth microphone was awful- people couldn’t hear me well, and the size of the mirrors hitting the wind seem to make it a bit of a noisy ride.

Overall, it’s a great car for the price though!

Mathew D
Mathew DAU14 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation FWD ES

Bang for your buck

Hello purchased this vehicle as a family commuter.

The good points economical ,value for money and a lot of extras for a standad SUV.

The bad points a little under powered, thin body (dents easy) and a bit noisey.

But overall a good vehicle. would comsider up dating to a newer model.

Hans
HansPalmwoods - Queensland2 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD ES

couldnt pull the skin off a pudding!

Rented one from Avis. Couldnt pull the skin off a pudding and uses 10.5 litres/100km. Cant overtake due to being totally gutless. Nice design but clunky screen to interface with phone. Eco mode not necessary as otherwise one might have to push it uphill. First time I write a review but this car inspired me to do so. Hans - sanbisresort.com

Rusty
RustyPerth6 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD Aspire

Excellent vehicle

Everyday car with long trips out in the country twice a month, 800-1000 km run.

Great responsive wagon with a bit of power to spare.

Tows very well for its size.

Excellent fuel (deisel) economy & even better on the long runs.

Many, many after market parts & accessories available to make my ride even sweeter.

Prior car was 2.8DTi Mitsubishi Delica, also a great vehicle.

Keisha
KeishaCroydon6 posts
  3rd Generation

Excellent vehicle - Great for all my needs

Purchased this car almost a year ago and it has been fantastic! Great for getting the family around daily and also camping. Fuel economy has been great and so are the features.

My only complaints would be that the cruise control light doesn't change if its locked on or not - so really nothing mush to whinge about at all.

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW28 posts

Mitsubishi cheap and nasty

I purchased an 07 4x4 Outlander to give Mitsubishi ago and found it to be a car full of nasty plastic creaking throughout the car the cvt hesitates , it just felt cheap , I then traded it on a second hand 2015 xls 4x4 , I liked the look of it and give Mitsubishi another go , I kept the car for a week and sold it , the cvt hesitates , some fuel pump noise , it was definitely an improvement on the olde one but I give up and got a trusty 2012 Camry instead Mitsubishi never again .

Georgie_Best1

NeilSydney5 posts
Rboy
RboyMelbourne3 posts

Great Car

pro - Great car and comes with the sleek interior. Quite spacious and economical to run. Android auto and apple car play

Service has been quick and as per the expectation

great family car

Cons - Lags pickup because of CVT, but when in full mode it runs great without any hiccups.

Daniel
DanielHobart, TAS6 posts

Great value

Great car for a young family of four. We've had this car for three years and it hasn't missed a beat. It has a large boot space and roomy interior. It is a bit on the plastic side inside but the price point makes up for that. Fuel economy is great with over 800km highway driving and over 600km city driving. We have the front whell drive model. I would definitely recommend this model Outlander.

Chels
ChelsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC12 posts

Outlander exceed petrol 2.4L

This is my first SUV and I'm so happy with my purchase. With 3 kids I really felt like I needed the extra 2 seats in the back so I could pick up extra kids if need be. The flexibility is great! So easy to convert, loads of boot room, spacious interior without being a massive car. Very easy to handle, front and rear cameras and sensors make parking a breeze! No complaints from me at all!

After having a European car, the Outlander feels cheap to run (regular unleaded) and service.

I love all the safety features too.

I looked at a lot of cars before we bought this one and I'm so happy with our choice.

Show details ·  1

Peter
PeterNA
Gmapst
GmapstMelbourne5 posts

2016 zk Mitsubishi outlander heap of rubbish

This is the worst car I have ever owned. Car has unbearable flat spot. Taken car back to dealer three times. They cannot fix it. I have got to the stage that I need to sell it. When I asked Knox Mitsubishi how much they would give me for the car, they did not get back to me. Fuel consumption getting worse. My first SUV purchase has been a disaster. I am sick and tired of being told car is within specifications. Your specifications need to be updated. Do not buy Mitsubishi there are much better cars out there.

Sahan S
Sahan SPayneham8 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD ES

Best choice for a family SUV with good towing

A pragmatic choice for a family. Everything just works and there are no mechanical failures with the 2015 Outlander, which I own. It has got plenty of space and surprisingly good fuel economy. The interior and the facilities are quite good. But I feel the styling could be improved to be on par with the competition such as the Mazda CX-5.

Comfy to drive and the CVT transmission is better than I thought. The engine packs a lot of punch when you are on 4WD mode. Mine does about 10L/100km in city and 8L/100km when doing long distance trips.

Extremely happy about my choice. No reason to upgrade as of yet.

jagster
jagster74 posts
Neeraj
NeerajWestmead5 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD LS

Amazing 4WD vehicle at reasonable price!

We have been happy with purchase of our Outlander overall. It has served and stood to its expectations. It is a good Station Wagon type car for everyday drive with comfortable seating for 7, Eco drive for super economy, 4WD to drive on rough terrains of Australia from snowy mountains to sandy beaches. Good towing of 1600kgs. Ample room for storage.

Fauzul Aufa
Fauzul AufaMelbourne5 posts

Happy driver

The performance is good so far. I like the legroom and dashboard. However, i don't really like the use of gasoline. I have to pay alot of money for gasoline. The after sale service is good. I wish i could have an automatic hand brake system instead of the manual one.

Jacinta
JacintaSunshine Coast6 posts

Perfect family car

Needed to upgrade from a Mazda 3 when we had our first and the car seat was no longer fitting in the Mazda. I had my eye on a ASX but after comparing the boot space the outlander was a stand out! HEAPS of boot space with extra storage underneath. It is sooo roomy with plenty of space for the car seat and passenger leg room. It does seem to guzzle a bit of fuel but I think that’s because I was used to my cheap little Mazda. Highly recommend for a great family car, I can really see it lasting many years to come

Aaron
AaronHervey Bay5 posts
  Verified Outlander 3rd Generation AWD LS

Great value for money

We purchased our new Outlander about a month ago as a new family car. It was the best value for money we could find. I absolutely love the adaptive cruise control. It is a very comfortable car to drive, the sound system is great and it has a lot of room for a medium SUV.

H S R
H S R7 posts

Amazing Car

Great reliability , handling and running.

Only negative would be not as much storage as our last Outlander.

Quiet and very smooth on the road. Sale All the team especially Candy, Peter and the team at Sale Mazda Mitsubishi were fantastic which is where we bought oir Outlander. Thanks again to all the team there.

Jane S
Jane SAU16 posts
  Outlander 3rd Generation AWD Exceed

Very Poor effort, better cars than this!

I Just picked one of these up as a work car (no choice). I would never buy one.

Exterior: Styling is horrible, the plastics and trim outside look like something from the reject shop, it feels like a tonka toy.

Interior: the plastics and cheapness continue, when I cleaned the interior my first time, two bits of plastic trim broke off. I haven't seen an interior this cheap and inferior for many many years.

The motor: one of the most lethargic powerless motors since my motor mower. I cant see why people pay money for this.

I am offloading this car to some one else, so I can buy a real car that doesnt feel and sound like some kia from the 1990's. Its offensive to be even be seen in it !