Mitsubishi Pajero NM, NP

Up Yours Jackasked

cuts out when decelerating

Mark
Mark

Have a look at the mileage that these do... One of the most reliable and trouble free diesels out there.
I've seen them with 500000 plus ks on them and still going strong.

Anthony

Anthonyasked

Nm pajero light's not on ac fan not working replaced blower fan.

Dorothy B.

Dorothy B.asked

does my 2002 pajero NM diesel have a timing belt or timing chain

spillsy33
spillsy33

Timing belt , takes 10 minutes to change

Raza

Razaasked

Will be removing the head for the third time in 18months have reoccurring problem with oil film in water bottle and the radiator cap . No water in the oil.that i can see.
Regards Raza .

LENORE

LENOREasked

Mitsubishi Pajero 2003 NP Diesel 3.2L blowing grey smoke on startup - no power
Put secondhand injector pump in car with new injectors. Have checked timing on pump x 2 - all correct. Cleaned carbon build up from inlet manifold. Decarb engine. Primed fuel pump. Now blowing grey smoke on startup and minimal power. Checked for leaking injectors (even though new) retested all good. Checked turbo, waste gate, egr. Checked cam timing all good. Any ideas ???? Twin cam.

kristopher85

kristopher85asked

2002 pajero exceed,
Wondering if the hazard button has a light behind it.

Wade C

Wade Casked

I have an 06 VRX turbo diesel Pajero that will just shut off randomly.
You could be driving at 80km down the highway and it shuts off, you could be sitting at the lights, or driving slowly...there is no signal that it is about to shut off!, There is no warning... it just dies!
However, As soon as you pull over and put the car back in park and turn key off and back on the car will start again and run. That being said you could get 5m and it shuts off again. So far my record is 21 times shutting off in a 8km distance!
We have put a brand new battery in it, replaced the fuel filter and given it a full service but it won’t ‘fault’ for our mechanic so we are out of options...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be? Or has anyone else experienced this?

Maureen Nakamya
Maureen Nakamya

Hey, from my personal experience..you could easily solve this problem by simply ckeaning your radiator and refilling it with fresh coolant. I do this with my car every time I get this symptom

Troy N.
Troy N.

I have the same problem
Have you found the problem yet

Anre d.
Anre d.

I have exactly the same cutting out issue.. PLEASE you knowledgable guys.. help us out..Cuts out in the drive..slip it into Neutral and just crank the key without even turning tge ignition off and it starts instantly..When its not cutting out it drives perfectly.. no misfire or holding back. Anre de villiers..

Raymond P.

Raymond P.asked

Icant locate the relay unit or the fuse for the petrol pump looked every where.Sorry its a 2002 Pajero v6 NM.

Julie S.

Julie S.asked

I have a 2004 Pajero NP DIESEL 240,000 kms. Just had injectors done for the second time. Done only 3 days ago. Started car and it started reving high I thought nothing of it. But today when I started car it didn't feel right, had a vibration throughput the car very strange. Drove about 3 kms pulled over turned off car, but kept running making a loud grinding noise like something under pressure and then stopped
I waited 5 mins said a prayer a restarted car and it was back to normal, no shaking or noise.
Coild this be injectors haven't been done right or the pump?
The injectors were diagnosed with a scanning tool by a mechanic
Please help with advise.

Diannedjh

Diannedjhasked

wanting owners manual for 2003 Pajero Exceed

Tamara B.

Tamara B.asked

Hi,
I’ve just purchased a 2004 np 3.2lt turbo diesel Pajero. Upon test drive partner discovered it had a surge when it gear however never mentioned that to me. He’s since left and now I have a car that I can’t use because I have no knowledge about the vehicle.
Some diesel mechanics have mentioned it could be the intake metafold or egr. Can someone enlighten me with what it could be.

Steve W.asked

Hello just brought a Mitsubishi pajero 2005 3.2 diesel auto can you tell me the best 3 synthetic oils to use and a good quality oil filter please #so many different forums and lots of answers just done over 210 thousand klm cheers steve

John

I use Penrite. Have no idea on filters as I rely on my service tech whom I have used for 25 years. Most likely “Ryco”

Steve W.

Thanks for you reply john appreciated cheers

Dale Robert

Dale Robertasked

2002 NM 3.2 aircon stopped working as well as the the thermo fans . Was regassed and cleaned condenser 2 years ago was working great now only blower fan works .

John

Summer taxes AC systems and a refrigerant leak could be the problem. However have a look on the Pajero Club Victoria Forum

Darren masked

My np v6 pajero winds over but does not start

John

I really have no definitive answer. It could be anything. I would take No1 plug out reattached lead, ground plug and see if there is spark. If not it could be the coil, engine immobiliser, no fuel or a fault in the ECU.

Check the Pajero Club Victoria web site. There is a good forum there

Darren m

Cheers John thanks for your ideas!

gary m

gary masked

just finished engine rebuild on 6g74.. added extractors and torque cam . cant find cause of engine vibration 2,100 to 2,600 rpm. harmonic balancer is good , compression is even, injectors and coils ext good, new after market engine mounts, any ideas.

John

Go to The Pajero Club of Victoria Check out the gen 4 thread on this prob it appears there is a MM fix but still a common problem on later pajeros. Have not had a chance to drive mates NP yet will let you know how he went with his converter exchange re vibration.

ShAv P.

ShAv P.asked

Can any one please tell me the location of the fuel pump relay on 2001 Mitsubishi pajero exceed nm.

John

Have a look on the electrical diagram in the User Handbook

Kath D

Kath Dasked

Does the NH 2000 model have anchor points, and if so, where are they located?

Eric S.

Eric S.asked

has nm 2000 pajero have light on low fuel

Melissa H.

Melissa H.asked

How much oil should a Mitsubishi Pajero use monthly?

Phil
Phil

If things are in good order they should use next to no oil.

Bruce

Bruceasked

tension pulleys making a sqealing sounds do i have to replace

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives