Mitsubishi Pajero NX Exceed

Mitsubishi Pajero NX Exceed (2014-2019)

Mitsubishi Pajero In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

Tis 4x4 worked great for me.. won't be without it

I lime every thing about this vehicle accept the GPS. Other than that i would buy another one in the near future. Its great on and off the road and exceptionally comfortable on long trip and has all the little things like heated seats which my wife loves . Its just fablous vehicle.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great 4x4

I have a 2017 pajero. No fancy labels, decent fuel economy for a 4x4, tough as a nail ,reliable and very good off road capability and on road handling On top of that you have the good old wide windows and high seating. The new infotainment and android connectivity is a cherry on top and I rate it above 4.5/5

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Fantastic car

The Pajero is a fantastic 4wd with great on-road manners, and very good off road capability. I do wish the steering column could be raised and lowered, but it is good enough. The mirrors and reversing camera make the pajero easier to park than my old Astra. If you have taller passengers, the rear head room can be a bit limited in the rear if you get the sunroof.

Very Surprised

I tried a number of similar vehicles. Test drove many. I didn't consider a Pajero and was ready to purchase a Prado, when I decided to pop into a Mitsubishi dealership down the road. Surprisingly I found the Pajero diesel more responsive than Prado and tended to hold the road better or felt firmer. What topped it off was that the Pajero exceed MY2016 (top of the range) was $17k cheaper than the mid range Prado. Obviously bought the Pajero towards end of financial year. Had it for 3 months now and very happy with it. The extras are awesome to boot. So glad I test drove Pajero.

Pajero Sport 2016 Fantastic 4x4

Only 1 week old but loving it. Great 4x4 characteristics and as car reviews show. Very quiet cabin and soft leather seats give a sense of quality and a plush ride make traveling our country a pleasure. Yet to get my head around all the "infotainment" but would like the "nag screen" to accept my "agree" to be the final say not every time the ignition is switched on. Will update after hitching up the 2.2t caravan. Still getting used to "fly by wire" accelerator as all previous cars have had cable throttle. Do like the 8 speed auto and the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Awesome sounding stereo and DVD in the back for grandkids (5 Seater model) Do like handeling and smooth ride. Not sure about 8 Ltr per 100 Klms as advetised more like 8.7 but yet to settle in. Do like 5 year warranty and yearly service. LED Lighting Vgood.

Update....Its settled in more and is light to drive and very maneuverable. Continues to impress me with 6 L per 100k (on the dash) and 5.7 @ 80klms (roadworks). Had it down the beach when a bogged Jeep GC asked me for a tow out of the sand (wheres a camera when u need one). Very capable 4X4 as the transmission feels very assured.

Take one for a test drive and you'll love it.

No GPS

I have just purchased my fourth Pajero Exceed as I have previously found them to be a comfortable and reasonably capable 4WD. I now regret this purchase as the Pajero has now only got a fourth rate navigation system based on Apple maps which is not a true GPS and only works where there is internet coverage .i.e only where I don't need it.
User unfriendly as I have to fiddle with entering destinations on my phone and cables to the glove box. This is a very big backward step and I will have to buy a Tom Tom to get the safety of proper GPS coverage on holiday.
Mitsubishi think it is wonderful and have no advise to offer.

Cheap systems and equipment

Having recently purchase the Pajero Exceed, I have been exposed to issues I would not have expected from a vehicle of this price.

After driving on the freeway at just on the speed limit on three occasions and being abused for holding up traffic, which has never happened to me before, I used first one than two and finally three different GPS's to check my speed. All three indicated that I was traveling slower than the vehicle indicated speed. This variation ranged from 5 km/h at 70 km/h, to 10 km/h at 110 km/h out on the open road.

Armed with this information and thinking this was merely a calibration issue that could be easily corrected, I requested at the first 1500 km service for this issue to be addressed. I was met with the same response from the service centre, right through to the customer service head office and technical support. They refused to remedy this issue, stating in their response "The vehicle complies with Australian Design Rules as it was built, and conforms to the intended design tolerance's provided by MMC (Japan)". Their was no further interest by Misubishi to assist with the rectification of the problem.

This leaves me now in a 70K vehicle, having to guesstimate the speed when wanting to travel on or near the speed limit.

Another issue is the so advertised "Sat Nav" system. There is no Sat Nav system but only Bluetooth linked monitor you need to connect your mobile phone to so that you use your own system of navigation.

Certainly not what I would say is a vehicle that should be in the same league as other vehicles of similar price category.

Will never purchase another Mitsubishi again!!

Extremely unsatisfied customer.

TransmissionAutomatic

best car i have ever owned

just buy one.....you will not regret it.....great value FOR money......& great off road........if i were you i would go for the exceed.....don't mess around.

Model year 2016 Mitsubishis are covered by a five-year/100,000km warranty in place of the previous five-year/130,000km deal. It won't affect most private buyers who are unlikely to rack up 20,000km a year. Service intervals are 12 months/15,000km; the first four trips will cost $2600.

not so exceeding NX Exceed

Purchased a 2016 Pajero Exceed the 3rd over the past 20 odd years Mitsubishi have not done much to embrace later tech as most other brands the most disappointing is the car play gps you need to have an I Phone and use your down load for a vehicle that cost $65000+ when asked Mitsubishi they gave me the brushoff the remainder of the vehicle is ok however my next 4x4 will not be a mitsubishi as the customer is not important enough i hope that i dont have any serious problems.