Mitsubishi Pajero Sport QE

Best car ever!!

Big deal from Mitsubishi Motors! I’m using the 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport few months ago, and I’m impressed so far. Spacious 7 seater model, beautiful interior. Very economic on fuel, especially on highway. Around 8L/100km City: ~10.5L
Sound system is good , 4X4 abilities are impressing.
This vehicle is the best for the price you can get, recommended to everyone!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love this car

I absolutely love my pajero sport, it goes well on and off road, is very quiet, has great mileage and has good features and technology. The interior is comfortable and spacious, the apple car play is well integrated and it is nice to have the dual air con system. My only complaint is the electric handbrake is a strange choice for a serious 4WD and has its drawbacks but still happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great car, great value

We have driven the car so far for 17,000km. Overall it has been a great car. Tyre wear so far is reasonable and I would expect to see about 40-50k out of the Bridgestones.
The leather seats are reasonably comfortable on a long drive. The middle row seat is a little narrow and it's hard to get two baby seats and an adult in all at once. The anchor points for the baby seats are in the roof. This is very annoying especially if using the rear seats as the tether straps get in the face of anybody sitting in the third row.
The center touchscreen with Android auto and apple carplay is generally pretty good. However the system can be quite buggy and features will sometimes not work or the audio become staticy - if that's a word.
Love the rear roof mounted AC vents for the kids. Note: these are cool only (no warm air/heater).
Adaptive cruise control is great. We recently followed a very slow group of drivers through some very windy roads in the national Park for about 15 minutes without touching the brake or accelerator. The car just matched their speed and kept the same distance - even when they stopped for a few seconds.
There is one issue with the adaptive cruise and it's when a vehicle in front of you moves one lane over and slows down (moves into a turning lane). The cruise will brake thinking that you're going to hit this vehicle. It's a bit of an issue when you're doing 110 and suddenly slowing down to 60 for no reason. The workaround is to accelerate slightly when you see someone in front go onto the turning lane. This will override the cruise.
Power from the diesel engine is reasonable considering the good fuel economy. Only drawback really is the low capacity fuel tank. Makes it feel like a petrol car the amount of times we visit the servo for a full up.
So far no issues with the body, panel gaps, rattles, squeeks, paint. All have been perfect. Service cost not too bad for this sized vehicle. With the first service costing $350. Just make sure the dealer rotates the tyres every service and you use the full size alloy spare as part of that rotation.

So, for the money paid we are very happy with the car even though the rear is super ugly. I guess at least it is striking. I strongly recommend going with the exceed model for the extra safety features. Also for God's sake pay the extra for the roof spoiler. The car looks terrible without it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great car

I have the exceed.
I love this car, loads of gadjets, comfortable, good fuel economy. Very safe car with the auto breaking detection system. I bought this car because it ticked all the safety aspects I wanted for my family. Great value for money compared to other cars in the same league.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Loving our Pajero Sport

Whole family is pretty wrapped in our new Pajero Sport! It's classy good looks around town combined with us enjoying taking it along the beach for the day and along bush tracks camping means we can enjoy the cooler months of the year in North QLD more than ever. Kids love being able to control air-conditioning in all 5 rear seats. Legroom has been fine for our family of 5 with teenagers. May get a bit squishy with all of us in car as they grow.

Great for towing the boat too although I did have to buy an extendable tow bar so I could open the back hatch of the car with the boat attached. 7 seater comes in very handy with three kids' friends always tagging a long on outings. When just camping with one son I was able to put all seats down and use all of the back of the car for tent, tables, stove and esky etc.,

I love the acceleration ability when driving too. There is no lag in power and speed which I thought a 4 cylinder diesel might have. I wanted to get second battery put in the vehicle to run fridge / freezer for camping but unfortunately auto electrician advised that there is no room under bonnet for second battery.

My only other criticism of the vehicle is that driving around town I thought the fuel consumption might be better. Everytime I fill up for around town driving, the dash tells me I will get 560 km for a tank whereas I was expecting a good 100 km more. Also the fuel gauge says that I have 60 km left but always I drive another 10 km and it tells me I have to fill up immediately. a bit misleading and annoying. Many pros of the car however outweigh the few negatives.

I think the 15000 km / 12 month servicing and the 5 year warranty is a big attraction too. I am really enjoying this vehicle and I'll be keeping this vehicle for quite a few years I think !

Camoe

January 5th 2018 Update: Questioning mechical robustness of my Pajero Sport

Last month I got my 12 month / 15000 km scheduled service on my Pajero Sport. I was dismayed to be told that I had damaged the front under-body protection plate under the radiator to such a degree that it had pierced the radiator. I subsequently had to replace the radiator and the under-body plates for in excess of $1500. Only my wife and I had ever driven this vehicle. It has only ever been driven along bitumen roads and once along a sandy beach; we had never driven it off road 4X4. Neither of us has even hit anything to instill such damage under the vehicle so we are at total loss as to how this damage to the vehicle occurred.

Given this damage to the vehicle I can only speculate how fragile my new Pajero Sport really is and how it would handle some read 4WDing. Not well I would think! So much for all the TV advertisements exposing the off road escapism and adventurous capabilities of the Pajero Sport! Don't get me wrong - I love driving my Pajero Sport on road, but if I can do this sort of damage to it not 4WDing what is my vehicle really capable of doing offroad? I and my wallet are fearful of my ever taking it 4WDing to find out. I seriously doubt whether all the off road advertisements for Pajero Sports are showing "standard" Pajero Sports!

Though my local Mitsubishi dealership in Townsville (Pickerings) were most helpful in providing me with great service and reasonable repair costs compared to others, I can not say that the same high quality of customer service was provided to me from Australian Mitsubishi head office. In telephoning my disappointment about the apparent fragility of my vehicle the nazi Mitsubishi head office receptionist would not let me get past first base to a Mitsubishi manager continually parroting the rhetoric of "all Mitsubishi vehicles are built to Australian standards, you have damaged the vehicle and it is not covered by warranty". Since my completion of an on-line customer survey of my dissatisfaction with Australian Mitsubishi head office some weeks ago, Mitsubishi Australia has not even had the motivation to follow up with me regarding my grievances and concerns about the fragility of my vehicle.

I still loving driving my Pajero Sport on-road but given the poor customer service and fob off I have received from Mitsubishi Australia head office and my demonstrated concerns about the fragility of my 4WD Pajero Sport, I am querying whether I will be rushing to buy another Mitsubishi any time soon.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Amazing car

Our first 4wd and we absolutely love it. We were a little concerned about buying a bigger car but the PS is just as awesome around the city as it is on the beach or in the bush. We can't wait to go to places we never thought we could.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Pleasure to Drive anywhere

Great 4x4 characteristics and as car reviews show. Very quiet cabin and soft leather seats give a sense of quality and a plush ride make traveling our country a pleasure. Yet to get my head around all the "infotainment" but would like the "nag screen" to accept my "agree" to be the final say not every time the ignition is switched on. Will update after hitching up the 2.2t caravan. Still getting used to "fly by wire" accelerator as all previous cars have had cable throttle. Do like the 8 speed auto and the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Awesome sounding stereo and DVD in the back for grandkids (5 Seater model) Do like handeling and smooth ride. Not sure about 8 Ltr per 100 Klms as advetised more like 8.7 but yet to settle in. Do like 5 year warranty and yearly service. LED Lighting Vgood.

Update....Its settled in more and is light to drive and very maneuverable. Continues to impress me with 6 L per 100k (on the dash) and 5.7 @ 80klms (roadworks). Had it down the beach when a bogged Jeep GC asked me for a tow out of the sand (wheres a camera when u need one). Very capable 4X4 as the transmission feels very assured.

Take one for a test drive and you'll love it.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Happy customer

Purchased a Pajero Sport after doing extensive research. It has lived up to all expectations in regard to comfort, features and, thus far, hassle free. I use this vehicle for a combination of beach work, light four wheel driving and 'around town' work. It is very comfortable and easy to drive as well as having the credentials of a serious "off reader" and all at a price far lower than the benchmark "Cruisers". ( The only real critism is the positioning of the USB plugs in the bench compartment - very difficult to get to.) Overall, very happy. This one is really a "keeper".

Date PurchasedJan 2017

No disappointment here

We have never purchased a new car so this was a big deal for us, it was a big commitment financially but we wanted a car that would allow us to go off the beaten track (so to speak) and to do more with our family. We purchased the new Pajero Sport 7 seater, Exceed model. Well, we have no regrets at all, this is a great car, tows great, comfortable, goes anywhere and has good economy, think about it seriously.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

An SUV worth considering

The more I drive this car the more I like it. We have travelled 25,000 km so far, without real problem. We bought the 5 seat Exceed model because of the 360 degree view on the parking cameras and it makes parking much easier in a fairly large car. The other extras like keyless entry and leather seats are quite nice, although we do not much use the inbuilt DVD player for the rear seat. The occasional grandchild passengers love it and it is effective entertainment over long trips.
It also has blind spot detectors - very useful, and an emergency braking system which reacts if you are heading too quickly towards a car in front of you. That system works well, although it can be disconcerting when it works for the first time (because of a large steel plate over a hole in the road, rather than a near miss in our case).

We had a Toyota Aurion before this and the main thing I did not like about that car was the very mushy steering. The rack and pinion system in the Pajero Sports is much superior being more direct and giving much more feedback.
The car is quite high, and you need to master the skill of getting into the driver and front passenger seat, but the front view when driving is excellent. Elderly passengers need an additional step to help them into the back seats.

I have used the 4 wheel drive system quite a bit, including a good stretch on a gravel road. The inbuilt "gravel" setting worked very well. This car coped with the gravel road better than any other I have driven.
The 4WD does make the car feel more secure on wet and winding roads. It is quite easy to switch between 2WD and 4WD although it takes a minute or so if you are stopped, but changes quickly if you are driving at moderate speed in a straight line.

We achieve about 8 l/100km fuel consumption on the highway and about 10 l/100km around town.
The 8 speed transmission works very smoothly and effectively. The cruise control even holds the car fairly close to the set speed downhill.

The fitted towbar was recalled by Mitsubishi because they had not used enough nuts and bolts to hold it to the car! We have towed our 2000 Kg caravan about 2000 Km to Adelaide and back, since then without problem. I would, however recommend that you do not buy the manufacturers' towbar. It is rather loose in its fitting and quite ugly. I wish I had bought a hayman reese model instead.
The consumption towing the van increased to about 13 l/100 km, a figure I was not too unhappy with.

The more I drive this car the more I like it.
If you are thinking of buying a car to tow your caravan (the reason we changed to the Exceed) then it is very much worth giving it a test drive.

Purchased in January 2016.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort
In 2019 we towed our van to Perth and back via the family in Adelaide. 11 weeks and 11000 kms later, the car never missed a beat nor did it ever show that towing the van was too difficult. It used no oil at all. Still very happy with the car.

Best in class and value for money!

Hi Guys,
I tried to look for review for 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero sport and can't find one directly from user, so I decided to write my own.

All started with looking for a daily driving suv with off road capability. Sure most of them are capable of going on fire trails, but I am talking about real off road including rocks, sand and mud.

I had a budget of roughly $55000 and had not much options in class. Toyota Prado was the one which ticks all boxes around my range. But then its same old look with old interior and starting base model roughly $62000.

Then I looked into new breed of SUV which came from ute base. So I found fortuner, evert and Pajero sport in this range. After really close look, research and test drives I found my Pajero sport to be the best.

Please don't get offended as its my own choice and likes. Yours might be different!

Pajero even as a base model comes with soooooo many options like paddle shift gear box, 8 speed transmission, electric hand break and best of all a full size touch screen with Apple play.

Surely it have all other options like abs, traction control, etc. But options I mentioned above are from totally another class of top end European cars.

I personally found it really comfortable to drive pretty much whole day and coming out like I just drove around the corner. Seats are very comfortable, it handles great, 8.5ltr/100kms fuel consumption. Best part is 4x4 capability which meats its big brother pajero. It have train response system similar to range rover and works really great! So far everything is working perfectly fine and have complains. Only thing I noticed is piano finish black insert on dash are prone to minor scratches pretty easily.

So far I have done 5000kms on it and all I can see is quality everywhere and really happy with what I got for just $41500 drive away. Yeah you must be thinking how I got it so cheap, its just due to bargain on end of financial year sale.

I will write more about my experience and review again after 20,000 kms in much more detail.

Thanks!

Is any one else having issues with the adaptive cruise control? Quite frequently in adaptive cruise when the adaptive part is working keeping you a safe distance from the slower moving vehicle in front, there will be a beep and the adaptive cruise will lose its tracking lock and accelerate. I have captured this on video once when it was happening very frequently. I have taken it back to the dealer twice now, once leaving it with them for a week and they couldn't find any issues. As the adaptive cruise was a major reason why I chose this vehicle, I will be looking to trade soon. My wife's two year older Subaru Outback has adaptive cruise and has been flawless.

Driving down the road and put my foot on accelerator and there was no response initially, about three seconds later the engine almost conked out before very slowly and with much spluttering engine reved up to 2500rpm and car accelerated away. It drove normally then for about 5 minutes when it did it again. No lights at all on dash. Ended up getting car towed home. When I drove it to MM it did the same thing again but now MM say they can’t fault the car and cannot find any fault codes when they download the data from ECU. I have checked the fuel and air filters, all good. No fuel contamination. Has anyone had trouble with the transmission control unit in there car? Wondering if the ecu and tcu are not talking properly? Anyone got the same or similar issues? Any help greatly appreciated.

I have a 2017 Pajero Sport GLS. When I stop at the lights after 10secinds or so there is a Jolt sensation. I took it to Mitsubishi did a road test with a tech and he felt the jolt and said he would look into it. When I returned to pick up the Pajero Sport they claimed they could not find a problem. Months later I still have the issue and will be taking it back to Mitsubishi. I recently read the small print on my last mitsubishi inspection report and they nothed down they could not find a fault. However, they said there was modification being a diff breather....! I bought thr car new for my wife and have never modified the car and dont even know what a diff breather is! Can anyone help me with identifying the jolt and provide advice on how to have the "modification of a Diff breather removed from my cars record with Mitsubishi. I assume Mitsubishi knows what the problem is and made up a story that there is " Diff Breather thingy" attached to the car as to void any warranty claim.....
Hi, I have the same problem went to Mitsubishi and told me if engine falls for one reason or another the transmission control unit will enter a fail safe mode to prevent the engine from stalling. This fail safe is more evident when engine is in D or R from stationary when the vehicle does not creep or a shock is experienced on take off. They scanned it and said nothing is wrong with it but we can’t work it out cause something has to be wrong for it to do it.I am not sure of this in your case but some new cars automatically apply a form of brake when parked at lights so you cant creep into car infront or roll back. It feels weird when disengaging like removing the handbrake when you start to accellerate.It is not a form of brake.. An independant mechanic test drove my car and believes It is an issue with the gearbox or diff. I have driven many pajero sports at my workplace and none of them have this issue. I have had the car with Mitsubishi for 3 week and they came up with the an excuse as to not fix the problem.. Complaint has been lodged with fair trading as head office will not call me back..

Pajero Sport QE Exceed (7 Seats)Pajero Sport QE GLX (5 Seats)Pajero Sport QE GLS 5 SeatsPajero Sport QE GLS 7 SeatsPajero Sport QE Black Edition (7 Seats)
Starting Price $56,990$44,990$50,490$51,990$53,490
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars
Doors55555
Seats75577
Fuel Consumption8L/100km8L/100km8L/100km8L/100km8L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 68 L68 L68 L68 L68 L
Engine4 Cylinder, 2.4 L4 Cylinder, 2.4 L4 Cylinder, 2.4 L4 Cylinder, 2.4 L4 Cylinder, 2.4 L
Max Power133kW@3500rpm133kW@3500rpm133kW@3500rpm133kW@3500rpm133kW@3500rpm
Max Torque430Nm@2500rpm430Nm@2500rpm430Nm@2500rpm430Nm@2500rpm430Nm@2500rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailandThailand
Safety Features ABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Reversing Camera and Traction Control
Extra Features Android Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Headlight Wipers, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice Control
Ground Clearance218 mm218 mm218 mm218 mm218 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,100 kg3,100 kg3,100 kg3,100 kg3,100 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2016Dec 2018