9Mitsubishi Pajero

Mitsubishi Pajero (page 2)

4.3

253 reviews · Statistics

83% · 21118 · 7%

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mitsubishi Pajero253 reviews
ian
ianWAMid West, WA13 posts
  NW

Great vehicle,

Had vehicle for ages,towing a caravan is good,19lts/100km average consumption,and10/11lts/100km around town.they don't like corrugated roads dash and doors shake and rattle,just did the birdsville track,plenty highway,and the great central road.nothing broken so that's a bonus,was towing a 19ft c van.Had to have a wheel alignment though,when I got home. Show details
Mal
MalVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Excellent off road...with 2" lift and BFG tyres

Have done 100000k's in it now. Done a lot of sand off road and been in the high country a few times. Tows our caravan around very well. Never had an issue.
Only 1 gripe... Mitsubishi service is woeful. Always had Toyota's up till now, and i can tell you this is something Mitsubishi really need to work on. Get any mechanic but Mitsubishi to service your car.
Great car, Great value Show details
John
JohnNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW8 posts

A Great all Round Vehicle. I have now had three

I have had
three Pajero's and not one has failed. A few flat tyres, broken windscreen and a blown shock absorber on the NT RX Diesel
The cars have been used for work and since retiring for touring both on and off road with much of the off road in Northern Australia
The cars have followed the service schedules but with the diesel I tend to change the engine oil and filters more frequently, especially after a long hard run. Apart from the odd occasion I have used the same mechanic for 20 years and as he also owns a Pajero I have had no worries with him. If the brake pads need changing he rings me, if the injectors are up for service he rings me> All up I am considering a new Pajero but await 2020 to see what is on offer Show details
jackfields
jackfields3 posts
  Pajero NW Exceed 6 Cyl 3.8L, Petrol

This the best car I have Drive

This is the best 7 seats. Strong powerful. 7 times Dakar Rally Champion. High Ground clearance. not overprice compared to the other 4x4 Suvs.. Very Good Sound system. Cheap to maintain.
Cons high fuel consumption: Show details
Phil
PhilNSWSydney, NSW12 posts
  NX
John
John4 posts
wazza22
wazza22QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

excellent family 4wd

i have owned 5 np 3,2 diesel pajeros ease of driving..great comfort seat..excellent on fuel ... cheaper to repair service then a prado..5 speed autos are excellent for towing would recommend to anyone
2/12/2022 have now upgraded to 06/2017 nx pajero excellent car Show details
Cruikey
CruikeyAU5 posts
Greg B
Greg BPerth11 posts

Great 4WD

I have owned an NT GL 2011 Pajero Diesel Auto for 6 years it is used for commuting ,holidays/trips & all types of 4WDing & is regularly serviced

& the only problems so far have been a leaking sump fixed under Warranty & the rear door strut siezed … It is great on Fuel & has plenty of power … Easily one of the best 4WDs I have owned !!

Owen
OwenNSWSydney, NSW7 posts

Compass configuration error with

Hi, I was looking for any blown fuses as air con is not working. Now I have an configuring error and closing in 7secs. where the compass is in the dash and low power in the ignition lights in dash and getting dimmer, also the compass isn't lighting up now at all. Any ideas?????????

MikeD
JanellePAU21 posts
Sylvia H
Sylvia HQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Our latest Car

We recently purchased a 2004 Pajero due to having an accident in our previous vehicle. We are really pleased with the way it drives and the comfort it gives us. We use the vehicle daily and being a diesel seems to have heaps of power and no sluggishness that is normally associated with other diesels.

Elizabeth
ElizabethBeerwah5 posts
  Verified Pajero NW GLS Automatic

Great

This is a great car it is Automatic turbo diesel can go anywhere comfortable and to drive in reliable side and curtain air bags great air conditioning is great as as a towing vehicle extremely good off road on road very capable I would recommend to anyone wanting to buy this

Wayne
WayneBEERWAH5 posts

Amok
AmokAU27 posts
Malkie
MalkieNSWSydney, NSW17 posts

second Mitsi

retired my 1990 3ltr manual Pajero with over 500k on it to farm firewood duties. Bought a second hand 2000 Exceed(nm-np) although automatic, 3.5ltr and weighing more it has better fuel consumption. I run on synthetic oil and NulonE30 friction proofing. I believe that this and excellent design and construction give longer life and better performance. This one tows a car trailer with a vehicle on it like its hardley there , i can't imagine how good the newer ones are with all the modern additions and power.

Greg E
Greg ESouth Australia2 posts
  Verified Pajero NX GLS

perfect 4 x 4 Pajero gls 3.2L

I love my Pajero. I have been through the Flinders Ranges. In sand hills , you point this car and away you go.

Pull my van well. Fuel is not bad, just remember it’s a two ton car. Also the price is well below any other unit.

I added the 3mm bash plate underneath which cut the cabin engine noise, noticeable on descent on hills.

If I was to replace I would order one tomorrow. In 12 months I have covered 45000km. No problems.

Love that car.

Horseygirl
Horseygirl

Will miss it

Has never let me down even at 408,000klms. Horse float towing is a breeze. Fuel economy has been great although not much city driving. Lots of grunt. Upgrading to another late model Pajero. Feel sad to let mine go as brought new. Dual mass flywheel replaced with solid last year.

Srt
Srt

Excellent outback tourer

We live in the Pilbara and the Pajero is ideal. 2011 model, and no major issues apart from a starter motor and the odd recall. Easy to service and work on. Have been to some pretty remote places and back with no dramas. Looking forward to buying a newer model.

Tiarni
TiarniBeerwah Qld10 posts
  Pajero NW GLS Automatic

Love that car

This is my second pajero bang for buck why pay through the nose for a 4x4 when the mighty pajero has it all and more comfort heaps of leg room seven seats ergonomic dsh layout fingertip control for stereo cruise and bluetooth.pretty good fuel economy the 3.2 TD bullet proof very capable off road. yes there is some cabin noise but l do like to hear my motor and what its doing great stereo system and when itx timd to buy another l will buy another pajero

Kristie
KristieWAPerth, WA10 posts

Love my 4by

Driving my 4by is like driving a car but up higher and you can see everything. I love the cream interior, I love the boot seats sit under the floor rather then in the windows, more room and you can see out the back I'd need be. The only downfall is its not cheap on fuel

Doug
DougBroken Hill20 posts
Bandzior
Bandzior4169Queensland, 416937 posts

Great capable 4x4 well built for Australian conditions

Great capable 4x4 well built for Australian conditions. We don't really take it off road but on a few occasions it took us through rough tracks in Litchfield NP, river crossings in Kimberley and a beach or two. Little bit thirsty when towing a caravan but you would be too pulling a 2 ton brick. Rear Difflock is there just in case but I never had to use it.

Drjasper
DrjasperAU5 posts

Great comfortable 4wd with grunt

I have the diesel version. She sounds like a small truck, but you get used to it. It’s a very comfortable 4wd that drives like a sedan. Easy to operate the 4wd and diff lock from inside the vehicle.

The radio in mine is terrible and it’s quite ridiculous that in 2006 they couldn’t include a USB socket. They have been around for ten years when this thing was built.

Paul
PaulBrisbane2 posts
Jacky
JackyAU4 posts

good for long trips

Overall a good car but thirsty af. Have the top of the range model otherwise don't even bother. Does its job very as well as would a 4X4: everyday use, towing, rough conditions. Transmission may jerk at lower speeds e.g. stop start traffic.What i would like is that even though there's bluetooth connectivity, you can't play music through it - only answer calls which defeats the purpose of a bluetooth system.

GSW
WellyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts
HED
HED2 posts

perfect car

The best family car we had. Spacious and sporty. We wanted to long drive on our days off. Our daughter loved it as well. This car will stay with us until 10years or more. The drive sensor were safe, we can see road well while driving and lots of space at the back.

Lucy
LucyPerth5 posts

Best family car!

We went from a Kluger to a pajero. Havnt regretted at all! Runs smoothly, so reliable! Spacious for a family of 4 and a decent sized dog! DVD player works a treat for the kid, especially with the long drives down south with the kids! We go on long drives economic with fuel! Don't think we will ever switch from the pajero, only to upgrade in models!

JenP
JenP4020QLD, 402060 posts
  Pajero NW GLS Automatic

A reliable vehicle

We decided on a Pajero when we purchased a 19 ft caravan, as research showed its towing capacity was great. We are very pleased with all aspects of this vehicle. It is what I would class as 'sturdy & reliable', a comfortable ride, plenty of space, and no problems. Haven't tested it off road but would assume that there would not be a worry in this regard.

joe
joeSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts
  Pajero NX GLS

Great car with a lot of power

The car is amazing to drive. It has great comfort in all situations. Great on bumpy roads and is a fairly quiet car! The overall reliability of the car has been amazing. Had a battery issue which is Common in all cars when it is old. But very happy.

The fuel economy us excellent and i get a good 2 weeks mileage on a tank.

This can handles like a dream especially around corners and on the country roads.

Dashboard has lots od information for door status and speed.

Great bang for your buck including quality.

S_M
S_MMelbourne11 posts
  Verified Pajero NX GLX Automatic

The best handling full sized 4X4 for under 60k

The style may be slightly dated, but this is still the best performing 4x4 available in this price bracket.

Unlike many soft-roaders, the occupants will not feel like they are being thrown around in rough seas if you give it some jandle. The 3.2 is a beautiful engine, tonnes of torque and plenty of power. Fuel economy is fair, I'm getting 9/100. The updated stereo now features carplay, and there's lots of power outlets.

Davo
DavoTownsville15 posts

Great off road 4wd

This is our second mitbubishi 4wd and we find this one is also reliable and user friendly. It is quiet for a 4wd and well sealed as the dust does not enter. Have travelled long distance on many outback dirt roads and it is a verh smooth ride. We fitted a non factory bull bar which as since paid off with wildlife. The reversing camera is excellent and with the turning circle the car nearly parks itself. The only issue is the gps you have to use your phone data and if you are in non phone service areas you have no gps.

Paultj
PaultjWAPerth, WA3 posts

I have a 2007 vrx diesel and love it

Pulls the caravan ,boat with ease..great on the road and off-road..performs really well..Pajero is under estimated. Found it difficult to find full foofracks..no gutter. Have 18 inch rim with Cooper's on..they are 5 years old and a bit noisy,going for Toyo tyres next..interior of car awesome extras,,will build drawers in Back, also will get dual battery fitted

jjacer