Mitsubishi SRK-ZHX Series
5.0 from 1 review · View Statistics

1 review

KerryGippsland, VIC

My model SRC60ZHX-S same as SRK-ZHX Series

Just can't fault it. Going on 5 years now. Seems to do everything including self clean. I wanted a Fujitsu, but store didn't have one and recommended the Mitsubishi. Guy came out to my home to decide what size unit I needed. Probably cheaper, faster and cleaner than using my wood heater.
    Reliable, energy efficient, instant heat or cooling.
    More details about "Self Clean" instructions would have been helpful.

Domestic Goddess

Domestic Goddessasked

SRK-ZHX Series

Hi, I've got two ZHX units. They are now about 12 years old. In light of the greater efficiency of the newest models, when does it become more cost-effective for me to replace them with a more efficient update? How big is the difference in running costs between my existing SCR50ZHX-S and a new SRK50ZSXA-W?
    Thanks for your help.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners
    Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi There,

It's hard to confirm the exact difference with regards to running costs as this depends on a large number of variables including how much you pay for electricity, how often you run the unit, in what mode, how clean the filters area, etc, etc. You may want to refer to the Energy Rating's calculator which can provide you some more information regarding estimated running costs - https://www.energyrating.gov.au/calculator

The SRK50ZSXA would be at least ~25% more energy efficient than your existing unit. If you use the unit very regularly, it could be worth upgrading the unit however if the unit is not used regularly, it may not.

Hope this helps!

Stevie

Stevieasked

SRK-ZHX Series

Hello i have SRK-ZHX-S UNIT and the unit inside my living room is fading to yellow in color. Can you explain me why? Thanks

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners
    Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Stevie,

Have just sent you an email with some more information!

Kerry

Hi Stevie, I'm no expert but yellowing of plastic normally occurs because the unit is very old or exposed to bright light or maybe wood heater close by?
    You can clean yellowed plastic with Gumption or maybe Jiff Creme cleanser, or if it was me, a combination of vinegar with bicarbonate of soda, with or without lemon juice. Of course once cleaned you need to rinse off with a cloth. And make sure NO liquid gets inside the unit/system itself.
    Also if you ring Mitsubishi they should be able to help you, especially in regard to why it has yellowed. Good luck Stevie.

Kerry

Also Stevie, before cleaning Mitsubishi may advise turning off the switch outside.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives