Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series

Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series Questions & Answers (page 2)

Hai L.
Hai L. · SRK20ZMA-S (2.0kW)

Why does the RUN light keep flashing whilst the TIMER flashes 4 times? All the aircon unit in the household are doing this.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Hai, Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

We'd suggest visiting the page below and submitting a warranty service request. We'll get one of our authorised service agents to get in touch and organise a time to assess the unit.

rickxs
rickxs · SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

I have this un it ,4 yrs old , just had a PC Board damaged by Gecko wee , what is MHI doing for vermin protection ?this has been going on for years !! ,does this unit have the sealant applied ? & what future advancements are in store for us qld's with abundant gecko's ,

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Rick, Really sorry to hear of the issues you've had.

Over the last few years, we've made a number of improvements to our systems to try reduce the damage pest ingress can cause. This includes an improved chassis and grille design as well as the application of a silicone layer to all PCB boards to reduce circuit shortage in the event of pests entering the outdoor unit.

While we've seen an improvement in the number of issues, unfortunately air conditioners, including their internal components, require good airflow to operate meaning they cannot be completely sealed. This in turn makes it extremely difficult to make air conditioners 100% pest proof.

If you have house and home insurance you may wish to speak to your provider to determine if this is covered under their policy.

rickxs

I just want to say thank you to Mitsubishi for approving the warranty ,I was worried it would not go through.. well done to you

Cathy W.
Cathy W. · SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Is the-SRK50ZMA S Mitsubishi approved by the Australian lung foundation to be safe for persons with Chronic pulmonary disease Bronchiactisis & Asthma. We have 2 x SRK50ZMA units running about 16 hours per day in bedroom & living areas. We usually clean the two white mesh panels but not sure what else needs cleaning. We are in Port Stephens area.

Nic Grande
Nic Grande

I don't know
I have a 7.1 kw unit.
Contact the foundation.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Cathy, As far as we're aware, the SRK50ZMA hasn't been approved by the Australian Lung Foundation.

As well as the two white mesh filters you mention, there should also be two additional orange coloured filters within the indoor unit.

One of these is the Allergen Clear Filter which is designed to capture and neutralise allergens, bacteria and viruses while the other is the Photocatalytic Deodorising filter which is designed to capture other particle such as fine smoke and neutralises odours.

We recommend you replace both of these at least orange filters annually. You can purchase these filters from our spare parts supplier MRE spares. I have included a link below to your system. The two filters mentioned above are part RKT437A005 [28] and RKT437A801D [29].

external link

We hope this helps but if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Cathy W.

I believe there is a Mitsubishi air con approved by the Aust Lung Foundation. Would you advise which model please?

Who do I contact to hire an air con cleaner?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Cathy, We're unaware of any approvals or endorsements by the Australian Lung Foundation but you may wish to speak to them directly for more information. There website is external link

Regarding an air conditioner cleaner, you're welcome to use any local servicemen or technician you might find in your area but you can also find a MHIAA technician by visiting the page below, entering your postcode and applying the 'Maintenance' filter.

external link

Hope this helps but if you need anything else, feel free to contact us on 1300 138 007.

Tint1 · SRK-ZMA Series

We have a couple of multi split systems in our beach house which work very well but recently developed a weird problem (we rent it out this could be an operator error by someone.
All of the controllers seem to be defaulted to “auto”’operation (auto symbol top left) but when you press on/off all you get is a blinking 0 in the temperature box and no buttons operate. An ACL reset allows you to regain control- turn on and it comes up in auto but you can adjust mode and temperature briefly but when next you try and control (eg to turn off) it reverts to non- responsive.
Any clues on a fix?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Tint, Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

If resetting the controller doesn't fix the issue, we'd suggest replacing the remote control. You can source another remote from our spare parts supplier MRE Spares.

Tint1

I think it’s more fundamental than that as I have 7 controllers and they are all behaving the same way. I have powered off the air con units, pulled the batteries out of all the controllers and ACL reset every one - all keep defaulting back.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Tint, If the error is occurring on all seven remotes, you may want to try and reset the outdoor unit by turning the breaker off, waiting 2 mins and then turning it back on.

If you find the issue is still occurring, we'd recommend submitting warranty service request via the page below.

Maree S
Maree S · SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Where can I purchase this unit from please

Yes that is my question

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Maree, The ZMA series has been superseded by the Avanti series which you can find more about here:

You can find a list of MHIAA dealers and stockists on the page below - simply enter your postcode or suburb.

lisa p.
lisa p. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Is this reverse cycle

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Lisa, It is indeed! Unit is reverse cycle allowing it operate in both cooling and heating mode. Simply press the 'Mode' button to cycle through the different operation modes. The sun indicates heating mode.

Sam
Sam · SRK-ZMA Series

Why do you state that the unit can be set from -15c to + 24c when the unit only goes down to 18c?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Sam, The operating temperature limits you've listed above are different the set temperature limits of the unit's remote control.

If you believe 18c is too warm, you may want to try setting the fan sleep to ultra low.

Hope this helps but if you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us directly on 1300 138 007.

STEVE C
STEVE C · SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

HOW TO REMOVE FRONT COVER

JuiceOne N.
JuiceOne N. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

I have been happy with this air con but even after just recently I opened the front cover to remove and clean the filters, the LH "hook-type" catch the cover hangs on snapped without any undue force from me as I was very careful. Very flimsy. Very disappointed. Such a small thing that should not go wrong!!

can you please send me a new one? Thanks 22 Alderbrook Dr Ocean Grove 3226. (will i Need a RH one also? Probably.)

Russell 0438561056

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi There, Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your unit.

You can purchase replacement spare parts for your model via the website below. If you have any questions, you can contact MRE spares directly on 02 9600 7444.

Louise M.
Louise M. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

We have this system and it only ever seems to reach a cool temperature. Even at night, there seems to be times when it is not working at all. We have it on 22. I work away from home and if I put aircon at 22 there, it is so cold I have to turn it up to 24. When installed, fellow told me to touch little face button to get cold instantly, however that does not seem to work either. Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers Louise

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Louise, Sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

Provided the unit is on cooling mode (indicated by the snowflake symbol on the remote control) and the temperature is set to 22c, there shouldn't be any reason why the unit wouldn't be able to cool your space.

We'd suggest visiting the page below, leaving some details and we'll get a service agent to get in touch to come and assess the unit.

Carol Hamilton
Carol Hamilton · SRK-ZMA Series

Where can I get this air conditioner

Chris B.
Chris B.

They were available in Brisbane Qld through Patons now called https://www.beijerref.com.au I believe....

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Carol, The SRK-ZMA series was superseded by the Avanti Series (SRK-ZSA) so the ZMA series may be hard to find.

If you visit the page below and enter your postcode you can can find the closest MHIAA installer to you who can confirm what models they could offer.

Rafael Jugo
Rafael Jugo · SRK-ZMA Series

Where can i go to buy this product for my room? Just need a Split aircondition cooling

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Rafael, If you visit the page below and enter your postcode you can find local dealers in your area.

external link

You can use the dropdown 'Filter' menu to show more results.

Dave JH
Dave JH · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Hi there, can the A/C cool temperature be set to run lower than 18C. The remote control only allows to set to the A/C down to 18C

gymy777

Unit will not run under 18c.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Dave, 18C is the lowest the unit can be set.

You may want to try increasing the fan speed and adjusting the louvre position so it's directing cold air upwards for better distribution throughout your room. You can also try covering windows, ensuring all doors and windows are closed to keep the cool air in, etc.

Chris G.
Chris G. · SRK-ZMA Series

Hi. Can you please confirm the hourly cost to run of the MHIAA SRK/SRC20ZMXA-S
2kW Cool - 2.5kE Heat - DELUXE HI EER / COP.
Thankyou

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Chris, There are a number of factors to consider when it comes to running costs. We'd recommend using the EnergyRating calculator to determine this - external link

Hope this helps but if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Carmen
Carmen · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Does SRK71ZMAS-S acts as air purifier

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Carmen, While the ZMA series of split system's isn't classified as an air purifier, it does incorporate multiple air filters designed to capture allergens such as dust, pollen, hair and neutralise bacteria carried by those particles and ultimately improve air quality.

Hope this helps but if you have any further questions - don't hesitate to let us know

Richard
Richard · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

hi there just bought this ac. when i have set to 24oc in cool mode it blows out cool air about 15oc at the head unit . this is great but then after a while the the air temp from the head unit starts to climb to about 21-22oc and then there a damp smell coming from it?? is this normal? dont remember having this with my old samsung/! the condensation is draining out side ok.
1 other thing what roughly energy useless per hour does it use at what temps? i know it depends on a lot of factors but just a rough guide would be good? i am geek like are tight butt lol

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Richard, As the unit detects that the room is approaching the set temperature, it will ramp down and the air temperature around the head unit may increase and less air will be distributed. This is normal operation.

Regarding the damp smell, it is extremely hard to confirm what may be causing this, especially if it is brand new. I would suggest running the unit regularly for the next week and if the issue remains in a week, to contact us on 1300 138 007 for further troubleshooting.

Given the large amount of factors, there is no real way to track energy use using different temperature settings however you can use the calculator on the Energy Rating website below to calculate approximate energy usage.

Jenni
Jenni · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Does this air con have a fan option to run seperately I cant find it on unit

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Jenni, The ZMA series has been replaced by the ZRA (Bronte series) but yes, the unit does have a fan only mode.

You can learn more about the Bronte series here external link

Barry l.
Barry l. · SRK-ZMA Series

Hello, can you please tell me if this is suitable for a huge bedroom and is it a 2 and a half horse power please.
What does 6 kw mean?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Barry, Thanks for your question!

All split system in Australia use Kilowatts (kW) as a reference to their heating and cooling capacity. For reference; 1kW equates to approx 1.3HP.

If you'd like to know which size would best suit your room, you can refer to our room sizing chart which you can download here (https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/). The Avanti is our series of smaller systems (2.0kW - 5.0kW) and the Bronte is our larger series (6.3kW - 9.5kW). The SRK-ZMA series has been superseded by the Avanti series.

We'd suggest speaking to a local installer to determine which system is going to be best for you. If you'd like us to organise an installer to get in touch, you can visit the page below, leave some details and we'll get an authorised installer to get in touch.

external link

Hope this helps but if you have any further questions - please let us know.

Julie A
Julie A · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

i am having a problem putting the air conditioner into heat. The temperature is on 30 but cold air is blowing out.

gymy777

Hi Julie A, I would check to ensure your icon on the remote has the a little sun icon (heating mode) on the screen. If you read the manual it will take you through the settings. Heating mode takes longer to activate on the split system.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Julie, We'd suggest referring to the user manual (which you can download using the link below) to ensure the unit is in heating mode and the temperature is set to something warmer than the current ambient temperature (we normally recommend 22-24c). The may blow cold air upon startup and may take 5mins to start blowing warm air.

If the unit is in heating mode, the set temperature is correct but the unit continues to blow cold air after the initial 5 mins, we suggest contacting our customer service line on 1300 138 007.

Julie A

Thank you. I didn’t have the heating mode on. I inherited the air con but not the user Manuel.

Peter M.
Peter M. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Does the temperature sensor work whilst using the unit in heating mode? or just in cooling mode?
I ask because as we are now approaching winter I am using the unit in heating mode, and it seems to completely ignore the temperature setting. So if I set it to heat to 23 for example, it just keeps eating and heating without stopping, last night it is heated the room up to 26 without stopping !

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Peter, The temperature sensor (located within the wall mounted indoor unit) works in both heating and cooling mode. If you are are using a separate temperature sensor, it will produce a different reading to the temperature sensor within the unit itself given it being in a different location. If you find where you're located in the room is too hot (according to your separate temp sensor) we'd suggest reducing the temperature by a few degrees.

Peter M.

Hmmmm....I have a separate gas heating system which I am trying not to use. It has a temperature sensor which seems to be very aligned to my room thermometer. I can set the heat to, say, 24 degrees, and when it's sensor detects it had reached this temperature, it correctly cuts of the heating. The room thermometer at this time also reads 24 degrees. The thermometer is on an internal wall about 3 metres from the Mitsubishi. If I set the Mitsubishi to 24 degrees it doesn't stop! It is still pumping out heat when the room thermometer is now reading 28 degrees!!
This seems to be a very high margin of error!

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Peter, If your room thermometer and the sensor for your independent heating system are in an area which directly receives heated air from the air conditioner, it may result in a higher temperature reading and might not be reflective of the average room temperature. There are a number of factors which influence room temperatures and airflow however if you are using two different sensors in different locations it's likely that you always have a discrepancy.

You may wish to try and deactivate the offset temperature on the unit by turning the unit on. Once it is on, you can press and hold the main power button on the indoor unit (not the remote) for 30s until you hear two beeps. Refer to the user manual for the location of the power button.

If you still believe there is an issue with your unit, you can submit a warranty service request on our website - external link

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

Select a listing for your question
Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series