Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series

Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series Questions & Answers (page 4)

Caryll B
Caryll B · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

New to air cons, what is the best setting for economy use?

Pearl lee
Pearl lee

I turn my on 24 degree for with strong mode and full fan for "30 mins" to cool down the room ASAP.

Then I change it to 26 degree, ECO mode and reduce the fan to 3 (depending on how hot it is) . Put it on 3D auto rotation to have a better circulation of air.

Make sure that you close your curtain. cover the gap under the door and floor. This will prevent air leaking out.

Another good tip is to sprinkle water mist in the room before turn on the air con. This really helps cool down the room, then you can go straight to 26 degree.

Peta
Peta · SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

How much are these air cons and where can l buy one? :)

sixall
sixall

Hi Peta, I bought mine from Betta Electrical. You can get them from $1500 to $1800. Then you have to pay for installation. Sometimes the installation cost is included. Make sure you get a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner. There is big difference between Mitsubishi and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Hope that answered your question.

Peta

Hello, and thank you. Yes l did manage to get this air conditioner. It is the Mitsubishi Heavy industries one and l love it. Can"t hear it at night in the bedroom. Thinking about replacing the one in the lounge with one of these too, before we repaint the lounge room. Thanks for the reply :) :) I am so happy with it Peta

downgrade
downgrade

I like it how you said there is a big difference between mitsubishi heavy industries and mitsubishi you're right mitsubishi electric are Japanese and are considered to be no2 wall split manufacturers world wide. If you're wondering Daikin no 1. Panasonic no 3. Not my opinion it's a fact. I am a refrigeration technician and repaired A/Cs for 30 years. Mitsubishi heavy industries manufactured some of the crappiest systems in their early days. I've always received lots of service calls for break downs with them. 2 weeks ago I piped up a ducted unit for someone when we started it it was noisy. He was very Un happy. They are not my recommendation and they do not even remotely come close to a mitsubishi electric. Which have existed since the 1940s. I'm pretty sure heavy industries originated in Australia mid to late 80s. And if you were unfortunate to have one installed then ducted those days you would know how poorly it worked or should I say didn't work heating was a disaster. I recommend panasonic they are priced well they hardly ever give problems there technical support is excellent and they perform as good as any and are as quiet as any. Worst tech support LG don't go near one they're throw aways. Toshiba fujitsu samsung all good value. And for a little more $ Daikin Mitsubishi Electric. But sizing and correct installation are critical. Take Actron you can't just go buy a ducted unit of your choice their agents need building plans and they sell you correct size. Because under sizing is the main reason for negative reviews it simply doesn't work well because it is undersized. And 90% of installs are this way. Why smaller unit cheaper price get sale. And will swear black and blue there nothing wrong with the ac they sold you. Then they simply stop answering your calls. Who has a huge reputation for this. Man ix right price. They install 8 and 10 kw units in 3 bedroom homes.

tom · SRK92ZMA-S (9.2kW)

What is the BTU of this model?

Marion

Not sure if I can find that out! Will check the manual and see if it is there.

Marion

There is nothing on the Manual - this might be of some use to you - it is from the Mitsubishi site: https://www.airconditioning-online.com.au/mitsubishi-heavy-industries-SRK71ZMA-S-7.1kw-cooling-8kw-heating-air-conditioner

Then you can convert kw to Btu's

BTU value Conversion Table

BTU KW

9000 BTU 2.6kw

12000 BTU 3.5kw

15000 BTU 4.3kw

17000 BTU 4.98kw

Hope this helps.

tom

That's great Marion, thanks!

Wilko
Wilko · SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Looking at replacing an old Samsung with this one.

Just want to know if the mounting feet are the same?

The mounting bracket is 540 mm wide and about 400 mm deep.

skippy
skippy

I would like to buy the 50Kw but how much is the price for the unit complete

brian
brian · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

does this unit have apollen filter

Wisey

G'Day Brian, the units do appear to have two paper filters separate from the main fine meshed plastic air filters. The owners manual describes one of these as an allergen filter and the other as a washable deodorising filter. Both appear to be easily accessable beneath the main air filters. Cheers!

Robert
Robert

Where can I obtain a remote control for this inverter

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Robert, You can purchase the remote control (Part # RLA502A700R) via our spare parts supplier below.

external link

baz
baz · SRK63ZMA-S (6.3kW)

Where do you buy replacement air filters

Wisey

G'Day Baz, I haven't a clue. Hadn't needed any yet. My suggestion would be to see if they have an "on line" store ... or simply look up their closest dealer to you.

Simon S
Simon S

From dealers who sell this Make and model of air conditioner

hendo
hendo · SRK63ZMA-S (6.3kW)

how big an area will it heat and cool efficiently?

G'day Hendo.

Firstly there are actually two of them. Secondly, I've never used them for heating ... only cooling. We have a slow combustion wood heater, and it does the job beautifully and with a lot more charm.

The area that the two units cover is impossible for us to measure, but I will say that it is MASSIVE. Split level house (huge), open plan. The units are mounted upstairs and service the upper rooms, then spill down to the lower storey via a cavernous void situated between them. The ceilings above are split level and raked. As I said in the review the cool air even goes right down the lower level hallway and into the bedrooms.

This may not be of much use to you if you require physical dimensions .. but most aircon websites will have a calculator where you can enter your area's dimensions and other environmental attributes if this is what you need.

What I will say, and as I said in the review ... is that we were surprised in a happy way that the units perform as well as they do. It was beyond expectations, and we wish we had done it a lot earlier!!

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

Select a listing for your question
Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series