Moccona Classic Medium Roast

Moccona Classic Medium Roast (page 4 of 44)

1.1

Sad but true

The "now richer aroma" no 5 coffee is awful compared with what they had before. Like the other reviewers I'm pleased to know that it's not just me. I too will need to find another coffee source. This is a great opportunity for another manufacturer to capture a market of coffee drinkers If they just describe it as "like the old moccona 5 use to taste like"

Dnanarama

DnanaramaSydney, NSW

Maccona - are you trying to deceive us?

Have you noticed ever since they changed the formula it is always on sale? Don't they get the picture ... nobody likes it.
I thought a mystery supply of the good old stuff surfaced at our local Coles and jumped on a couple of 400g jars only to be mortified to find it's the same new rich aroma formula. :( WARNING they have removed the labelling off the jars so you think they have done what they should do, which is just bring back the old stuff that everyone loves. :(

Not Happy

Not HappyHunter Region, NSW

Moccona Coffee

My son purchased Moccona Classic Coffee, Brought it home and it tasted just like cheap coffee. We still have that jar. He later purchased Moccona Awaken coffee, and it taste no better than cheap coffee. Both jars are 200grams. I work at a disability facility and a client drinks Moccona coffee in the smaller jar, Once I open the jar you can smell that, this is the real Moccona, Im so disgusted

Wilma

WilmaGippsland, VIC

It’s revolting

What have they done? They have ruined the coffee I have been drinking for years! It’s lost it’s great flavour - it’s now too strong and bitter. I can get around the strength by using less, but cannot get around the bitterness. I hate it, and I have two large jars in my larder. Why can’t they Leave It Alone? If it’s not broke, don’t fix it! It was ok the way it was. Can anyone recommend another brand that tastes like the old Moccona?

Mel

MelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give it no stars, I would!

So disappointing! I loved staying my morning with this coffee, it actually tastes like burnt dirt now, disgusting! I thought it was just me at the start... bad milk, bad batch... but hubby agrees - filth!

MOCCONA MEDIUM ROAST

I've been drinking this coffee for years, I got my work place onto it, we all loved it but just like the "discusting" review we all noticed that the new so called improved coffee tastes burnt, leaves a foul taste in your mouth and is undrinkable. I emailed the company with my complaint and they replied saying that they had changed the formula by popular demand and suggested that I might like to try the French roast as it was close to the old flavour, I did this and agreed it was lovely however now I can't buy it anymore.

Ben A.

Ben A.Lismore

Very disappointed with the new flavour

Bought my usual large jar of this product and struggled through a few cups hoping I'd become accustomed to the new flavour -- that didn't happen. I've switched to Coles Fairtrade Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee but do not enjoy it as much as the old Moccona.

Dee

DeeCanberra

Discusting

My husband has been complaining about Moccona classic med. roast for a while now< I have been buying it for him for decades. He said to check must be now made or China or something! To my surprise I finds it has been changed! WHY I have to find another brand now he likes how annoying, I will be taking it back as its undrinkable!

Melissa

MelissaMelbourne

Wow. I can't believe the hate.

Find out how Moccona Classic Medium Roast compares to other Instant Coffees

Another example of leave good enough alone.

Swiss did it with their chlorophyll liquid greens, Arnotts did it with their Shapes biscuits and now Maconna has done it too with their most famous blend.
Please leave good enough alone and return to your original blend of No.5.
You have already lost many loyal customers now because of this change, you will no doubt lose many many more if you don't.
Listen to your customers. Not your team of experts.

Mark

MarkMelbourne

I've just been had - well played Moccona (Buyer Beware)

Walking down the coffee aisle at my local Woolworths I couldn't help but notice the 'Richer Aroma' decal has been removed from the label. I stupidly thought that Moccona may have come to their senses but having just made a coffee I can confirm this is not the case.

Not sure whether removing the Richer Aroma labelling is a last ditch attempt to move what surely must be a massive stockpile evidenced by consistent heavy discounting or are they just trying to suck formerly loyal customers back in. Not sure?? At least the jar once I dispose of the rubbish inside may come in handy??

Klm79

Klm79

Was my jar from a disgruntled employee?

You know when you stick a finger in your itchy ear hole, then forget about it and just happen to bite that very nail from that very finger? That face you pull in bitter tasting disgust? Welcome to the ‘new aroma’ of classic number 5.

The only things that helped me cope are 1. The fact these reviews have confirmed I’m not crazy nor overreacting . And 2. The comments themselves. Funniest stuff I’ve read in a long time.

P.S. I will never buy number 5 again until it’s returned to its actual ‘original’ self. And even then, I’ll be suspicious of every single jar I buy. Scarred for life!

Are they serious?

Are they serious?Western Australia

It's a scam, Moccona's dignity is in the toilet swimming in the dirty water they try to pass off as

Paul

PaulRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not me after all.

I thought It was me, then the milk, then the water.
But not so. It's the coffee.! . Gone right downhill now. Gotta find another brand.. Thanks for the reviews guys.

A stupid change

I thought it was just us, or perhaps a bad batch - our previously favourite cuppa at home was Moccona Classic Blend 5. The latest (large) jar tasted different. Was it just a bad batch?
Now we know the answer - a stupid change in blending. Why not create a new number and leave the old blend 5 as it was?
After months of negative feedback, the company still hasn't learned apparently, and long term customers will be lost forever. Not intelligent.

Lilly

LillyPerth

Horrendous

We thought it was us! Changed brand of milk, bought bottled water. Never will we buy Moccona classic medium roast ever again. Now the search for a decent instant coffee after years of drinking Moccona. Peeved we wasted our money bulk buying crap.

Former Moccona Drinker

It now smells and tastes like some other very ordinary bitter instant coffees. Such a shame as I used to love my Moccona. I struggled to even give it a 1 star. Garry.

Rosie

Rosie

Have yòu changed ingredients or prcess?

I have thrown out the last jar of Mòccona coffee because the last 3 jars have left a very bitter taste and found everytime i had a cup my stomach would bloat and feel very uncomfortable. What have you done?

Mad as hell

I cannot being to tell you how betrayed I feel. I know it sounds a bit over the top but for a long time now I have woken up to start each a every day with the best instant coffee money could buy. This has to be some kind of joke. I seriously can’t understand how this vile abomination could every made it past any quality check before being unleashed on a devoted client base. Now I do understand that poeple have different taste buds but why wouldn’t they create a new label like “excrement dirt blend” rather than pass this undrinkable product as “classic”. Now I know it sounds like I am being harsh but my day now starts very differently until this is sorted out.

Foul

Omg, what have you done! Why did you change the blend, it tastes terrible and leaves a foul taste in your mouth. I ended up throwing the jar out and buying another brand. You’ve lost my custom and won’t buy it again until you change it back to the original blend.

See all Moccona Classic Medium Roast reviews